Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 143 144
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-08-31 13:05:57
Link | Citer | R

Yup Forfend +1 instead of a nq pukulatmuj means you always get your enhancing +10 when you're dropping tp anyways

Phoenix.Gavroches said: »
- still looking for an absorb set, I believe I nailed one down, just one try/day for a failed attempt is always good exercise for team building lol.
Code
sets.midcast['Dark Magic'] = {ammo="Regal Gem",
		head="Leth. Chappel +3",
		body="Lethargy Sayon +3",
		hands="Leth. Ganth. +3",
		legs="Leth. Fuseau +3",
		feet="Leth. Houseaux +3",
		neck="Erra Pendant",
		waist={ name="Acuity Belt +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
		left_ear="Malignance Earring",
		right_ear={ name="Leth. Earring +1", augments={'System: 1 ID: 1676 Val: 0','Accuracy+15','Mag. Acc.+15','"Dbl.Atk."+5',}},
		left_ring="Stikini Ring +1", 
		right_ring="Kishar Ring",
		back={ name="Aurist's Cape +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
	}

You can make one with more FC and haste if you want better recasts. This one emphasizes m.acc
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-08-31 13:34:14
Link | Citer | R

With regard to landing Abs-TP on Aminon you should absolutely put the focus on recast reduction over macc. When BRDs and CORs with 0 native dark magic skill are able to land their abs-TP, you are not going to resist as a RDM...ever. If you resist, something has gone terribly wrong with your lua, Threnody, Frazzle, or all 3.
[+]
 Bismarck.Radec
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2024-08-31 16:24:43
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 396709

42FC in gear + 38 trait = 80, maximum for recast reduction. While normally you only need 72FC to cap recast reduction at magic haste cap, the extra 8 does work to counteract composure's recast penalty.
29% gear haste
High MAcc in other slots, though as above rdm isn't going to resist here.

Medada's is an upgrade over Stikini. Cape can be Aurist +1 if you have this.
AmbuCape (10FC/30 MAcc) is an upgrade over Fi Follet +1 (10FC)
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-08-31 16:59:46
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
With regard to landing Abs-TP on Aminon you should absolutely put the focus on recast reduction over macc. When BRDs and CORs with 0 native dark magic skill are able to land their abs-TP, you are not going to resist as a RDM...ever. If you resist, something has gone terribly wrong with your lua, Threnody, Frazzle, or all 3.

You heard him. Blame the BRD if something goes wrong.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2024-08-31 17:24:49
Link | Citer | R

For Absorb tp on rdm 7 > 15 > 23 > 33 for breakpoints for FC with composure + ionis
This is assuming master / haste cap gear / magic haste
14 second is fastest recast with composure up.

For other jobs the breakpoints are 7>17>27>39>49>59 FC
for 18 second (0FC) > 17 (7fc) > 16 (17FC) > 15 (27FC) > 14(39FC) > 13 (49fc) > 12 (59+fc) second recasts (assuming gear haste / magic haste cap +ionis)

with RDM trait no composure that would make the fastcast breakpoints 1 > 11> 21
15 second recast with 0 FC gear , 14 (1fc) , 13 (11fc), 12 (21fc)

Keep in mind you lose a lot of acc if you remove composure (70 PHY acc)

Make sure to have 10+% quickcast in precast for absorb tp.

All these numbers are based on having ionis.. ionis gives 3FC so just add 3 more FC if its in a non adoulin zone
[+]
 Phoenix.Gavroches
user: gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-09-01 06:48:23
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »

Well I just copy paste the FC into it and it went terribly wrong, so yeah it take more than that. Like all of them didn’t land. Came up with a set that is close to Radec, minus the AF.

The lua gave me another headache, but that wasn’t related.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-09-01 07:43:54
Link | Citer | R

Did you land Saboteur + Frazzle 3? And did the BRD land Dark Threnody II during Soul Voice (or Marcato if Aminon lived long enough to need being redone)?

Those are super important. That lets everyone in your party be able to land abs-tp. This is what will let your run succeed, regardless of clear time.

The difference between having FC/Haste capped or not is the recast being 14 to 18~ seconds. This is a lesser priority. This is what will speed up your kill time once you are actually able to clear it at all.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-09-01 16:51:08
Link | Citer | R

frazzle 3 was on, landed no problem with saboteur. that's I remember. I just copy paste the FC set into the absorb set as I was struggling with time, and can confirm that not every set can land absorb TP lol was pretty bad
 Phoenix.Gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-09-08 08:08:00
Link | Citer | R

At my 2nd attempt on aminon as a RDM and didn’t screw it up. Good news, took forever for a basic NQ, I noticed how long frazzle last, how long does it really last? Seemed like 10 min
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 143 144