Hillary Clinton 2016 Presidential Thread

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Hillary Clinton 2016 Presidential Thread
Hillary Clinton 2016 Presidential Thread
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 71 72 73
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-22 16:43:53
Link | Citer | R

But if you want me to say something positive about Clinton?

I think that the Clinton Foundation does some good* for the world.

*Disclaimer: Their administration expense rate is very high for a charity. I'm actually surprised that IRS is still allowing it to be one, since there are very specific rules about charity and non-profit status in regards to administration expenses.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-22 16:46:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Only because it was blatantly obvious of the media skewing the story so much that they practically made it up.
A got 60% (modest number) of the claims you post are Fox News-esque, or just swapping names to say that Hillary is divisive while Trump has divided the GoP in worse ways than Hillary has the Democrats.

You know what? I'm just against Trump as I am against Clinton. I am just as outspoken on him than most people are. I'll still vote for him because he is still the lessor of the two evils.
Matter of opinion. I think Trump would get us into a bunch of *** with other countries and sever trade deals that would further *** up our economy. Btw that deportation thing? That would be bad for the economy if done drastically.

At least he isn't a proven pathological liar who flaunts national security and federal law like it's nothing to him. Can't say that about Clinton though.
Can you prove he isn't?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-22 16:46:33
Link | Citer | R

Got = good*
By eliroo 2016-08-22 16:52:15
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
eliroo said: »
Because Fox news has been so ***for so many years nobody watches them.
***as they may be, a lot of people do watch them.

Sorry nobody on the internet, when was the last time you tuned into fox? I live in Texas and I don't think I've watched Fox news in years because of how HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE they were during the Obama election.

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
The LA governor specifically asked Obama to stay away since a presidential visit would divert resources away from the disaster response. Have the conservative talking points not been updated for this week yet?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/president-obama-slammed-failing-visit-louisiana-flood-sites-n633541

This article from MSNBC says that Larry Sabato, director of the University of Virginia's Center of Politics, was the one who mentioned the line above.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/president-obama-slammed-failing-visit-louisiana-flood-sites-n633541

Regardless a presidential visit will often draw awareness to the situation to more people and maybe even goad people to helping them out.

Obama shouldn't matter in this situation any way though. More importantly was about what Clinton did:

http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/20/clinton-visits-tons-of-places-none-of-which-are-flood-wracked-louisiana/

According to this article she decided that fundraisers were more important than showing her support for LA.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-22 16:55:01
Link | Citer | R

A good 60% (modest number) of the claims you post are Fox News-esque, or just swapping names to say that Hillary is divisive while Trump has divided the GoP in worse ways than Hillary has the Democrats.
Except two things: 1) Fox News is equally diversity towards Trump as they are towards Clinton. And 2) Almost every single one of my claims are generally backed up with sources. I'm not like some of the other posters here who make outrageous claims and never back them up.

Matter of opinion. I think Trump would get us into a bunch of *** with other countries and sever trade deals that would further *** up our economy. Btw that deportation thing? That would be bad for the economy if done drastically.
That's your opinion. And Trump already stated he isn't going to deport millions of illegals, even stated it today.

What you are hearing is the media's twisting of Trump's words.

Can you prove he isn't?
Absolutely. One of Trump's "weaknesses" is that he has never held public office. So, by virtue of that "weakness," he has never flaunted national security and federal law in the same way Clinton has.

All you have is what the media tells you to think.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-22 16:56:15
Link | Citer | R

Sorry nobody on the internet, when was the last time you tuned into fox? I live in Texas and I don't think I've watched Fox news in years because of how HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE they were during the Obama election.
I'll be honest, we watch it all the time just to see how different their reporting is from the other channels.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-22 17:00:00
Link | Citer | R

Except two things: 1) Fox News is equally diversity towards Trump as they are towards Clinton. And 2) Almost every single one of my claims are generally backed up with sources. I'm not like some of the other posters here who make outrageous claims and never back them up.
I've seen you make outrageous claims that could only be backed up by a clickbait ad or the Onion or something.

That's your opinion. And Trump already stated he isn't going to deport millions of illegals, even stated it today.

What you are hearing is the media's twisting of Trump's words.
I haven't actually watched the news today.

Absolutely. One of Trump's "weaknesses" is that he has never held public office. So, by virtue of that "weakness," he has never flaunted national security and federal law in the same way Clinton has.

All you have is what the media tells you to think.
That's an observation, not proof.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-22 17:02:38
Link | Citer | R

On that last one, you made that about Hillary. I asked if you had proof Trump isn't a crook, you responded with an observation and assumption that since Trump has never held public office he hasn't done what Hillary supposedly has. Which is true, he has had different experiences but it's not proof that he isn't corrupt.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-22 17:03:49
Link | Citer | R

I've seen you make outrageous claims that could only be backed up by a clickbait ad or the Onion or something.
I'm not going to deny that. But honestly, how many of those claims have I made without providing proof?

I haven't actually watched the news today.
It was also on Trump Talk.

That's an observation, not proof.
Are you asking if I (or anyone) personally held Trump on a lie detector test?

I can go only by what is reported by the media, and if you remove the fluff, you cannot say that Trump is a pathological liar. A liar probably, pathological, or even to Clinton's degree, no.

If you are looking for a honest politician (or person at that), you will never find one. You can't even look in the mirror for an honest person.

But if you are going to say that Trump is at the same level as Clinton on honesty, or even worse, then you are deluding yourself.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-22 17:05:36
Link | Citer | R

On that last one, you made that about Hillary. I asked if you had proof Trump isn't a crook, you responded with an observation and assumption that since Trump has never held public office he hasn't done what Hillary supposedly has. Which is true, he has had different experiences but it's not proof that he isn't corrupt.
On the subject of corruption, I don't know the guy's life story. Is he corrupt? Who, but him, really knows?

Clinton, however, has shown her corruption. Over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-08-22 17:09:31
Link | Citer | R

The local authorities in LA are handling the disaster the way they see fit, and they seem to be doing it in an efficient, effective way. There is nothing that a Clinton or Obama visit will contribute other than the hassle of security, according to their own words. If there were immediate issues with disaster relief going on then yeah I'd expect to see a more personal response, but so far it looks like it's being handled. People before politics. Imagine that.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-22 17:10:34
Link | Citer | R

I'm not going to deny that. But honestly, how many of those claims have I made without providing proof?
Didn't keep count. More than 3 though.

It was also on Trump Talk.
Was thinking of Kayleigh McEnenay...or just didn't see it.

Are you asking if I (or anyone) personally held Trump on a lie detector test?
No.

I can go only by what is reported by the media, and if you remove the fluff, you cannot say that Trump is a pathological liar. A liar probably, pathological, or even to Clinton's degree, no.
You're going off of what the media tells you so, it's most likely flawed to a pretty good degree.

If you are looking for a honest politician (or person at that), you will never find one. You can't even look in the mirror for an honest person.
We agree on this.

But if you are going to say that Trump is at the same level as Clinton on honesty, or even worse, then you are deluding yourself.
Well, he won't show his taxes and makes *** reasons as to why. If he wanted to show he isn't lying about several claims (his net worth, ties to Russia, misc ***) he would show them but the fact that he won't is suspicious.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-08-22 17:10:50
Link | Citer | R

*according to the governor's own words
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-22 17:11:37
Link | Citer | R

Clinton, however, has shown her corruption.
Links?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-08-22 17:13:41
Link | Citer | R

Links?

I understand why you want links for the various claims made in here, but in this case it's like asking for proof that light exists.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-22 17:17:15
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Links?

I understand why you want links for the various claims made in here, but in this case it's like asking for proof that light exists.
Ever talked to an emo kid? I tried to bang an emo girl in high school, trust me...you can actually have this argument.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-08-22 17:17:30
Link | Citer | R

Incoming links talking about suspicious ties and shady dealings with no actual evidence. But emails so vote Republican.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-08-22 17:27:50
Link | Citer | R

Is there a way to quantify the amount of denial that it would take to vote Democrat this year?
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-22 17:38:18
Link | Citer | R

Is there a way to quantify the amount of denial that it would take to vote Democrat this year?
You do realize Democrats think the same thing about voting Republican, right? Neither side is all that different from the other.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-08-22 17:53:34
Link | Citer | R

You do realize Democrats think the same thing about voting Republican, right? Neither side is all that different from the other.

I'm aware. I was mostly musing at how much head-in-the-sand, willful denial it takes to think that the metric crap ton of scandal that has followed the Clintons throughout the years is just simple coincidence without any merit.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-22 18:19:19
Link | Citer | R

Links?
You know what, you are right.

Others have shown her corruption for her.

As this one guy points out, it's not about the money

Another article points out mainly her lies

There's also Whitewater, but I'm sure you will ignore it

I don't even have to show a link to the emails, should I?

There's also Clinton Foundation, but we should (hopefully) hear about that before the election.

There's also Huma Abedem, but if you don't understand the significance of a state employee working for a private government contractor, then there's no help for you

Then there's the DNC email issue, but that's not exactly her fault. She just benefited from it.

There's also the "Pay to Play" government positions being offered

There's also Cheryl Mills, who's just as competent as Clinton

Want more? (hint: it's a rhetorical question)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-22 18:21:27
Link | Citer | R

I'm aware. I was mostly musing at how much head-in-the-sand, willful denial it takes to think that the metric crap ton of scandal that has followed the Clintons throughout the years is just simple coincidence without any merit.
Damn, Pleebo already got the jump on me.

The denial is strong in that one...
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-08-22 18:52:25
Link | Citer | R

So like I thought. High on opinion and speculation, light on actual facts.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-22 18:54:56
Link | Citer | R

I didn't know you were Egyptian Pleebo.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-22 19:01:55
Link | Citer | R

Want more?
Yeah.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-08-22 19:16:16
Link | Citer | R

Yay, dad jokes.

Republicans have been trying to pin something on Clinton for decades and have nothing to show for it. They finally catch her on violating State department policy then proceed to drive that to the point of ridiculousness by fantasizing about perp walks and prison time. I think most people of her status have some skellies in the closet, but there's been so little of substance revealed so far that it really undercuts Republican credibility.

Then there's nominating the one candidate who could actually lose to her but that's for the other thread.
[+]
By Eboneezer 2016-08-22 20:29:35
Link | Citer | R

So you have to prove that Trump isn't a pathological liar and/or crook, otherwise he is? Yet the standard is different when it's Clinton. You have to prove that she is, otherwise she isn't? And Hillary critics are the ones that are considered to be high on speculation, light on facts?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-22 20:51:12
Link | Citer | R

I'm not going to bother if it's going to be ignored (Kojo) or...well...ignored (Pleebo).
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-08-22 21:03:40
Link | Citer | R

Uh I never said anything about Trump other than one off comment in my last post. I don't know why its so hard to stay on topic in this thread or the Trump one.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-08-22 21:23:29
Link | Citer | R

First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 71 72 73