BREXIT Just Happened...

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » BREXIT Just happened...
BREXIT Just happened...
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 28 29 30
By fonewear 2016-06-25 06:40:50
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Doesn't Greece have another payment soon which they are more than likely going to fault now?

I think Trump should just buy Greece turn it into a giant golf course make Greece Great Again !
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-25 06:43:48
Link | Citer | R

UK's European Commissioner Lord Hill to stand down saying "what is done cannot be undone" after UK votes to leave EU
Bumping this seeing as you paged.
Here's the article, but he announced like 3 minutes ago.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36629646
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-25 06:45:35
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
In his resignation statement, Lord Hill says he is standing down because he cannot "carry on ... as though nothing has happened".

He says he will stay on for the next few weeks to ensure there is an orderly hand over.

Quote:
Like many people here and in the UK, I am obviously very disappointed about the result of the referendum. I wanted it to end differently and had hoped that Britain would want to play a role in arguing for an outward-looking, flexible, competitive, free trade Europe. But the British people took a different decision, and that is the way that democracy works. As we move to a new phase, I don't believe it is right that I should carry on as the British Commissioner as though nothing had happened."

Lord Hill is a former political lobbyist and PR consultant, who was special adviser to former Cabinet minister Kenneth Clarke. He was also an adviser to the former Conservative prime minister John Major.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-25 06:47:30
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
He says he took the Brussels post "as someone who had campaigned against Britain joining the euro and who was sceptical about Europe".

Quote:
I will leave it certain that, despite its frustrations, our membership was good for our place in the world and good for our economy. But what is done cannot be undone and now we have to get on with making our new relationship with Europe work as well as possible. "
By fonewear 2016-06-25 06:58:20
Link | Citer | R

I'd like to join the EU but I"m afraid since I"m American I'd have to use drone strikes on it first !
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-25 07:04:44
Link | Citer | R

wasn't world war III supposed to break out or something?

/comic book guy
worst apocalypse ever
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-25 07:07:01
Link | Citer | R

Let's check the Doomsday clock !

http://thebulletin.org/press-release/doomsday-clock-hands-remain-unchanged-despite-iran-deal-and-paris-talks9122

3 minutes till midnight then WW 3 !
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-25 07:16:59
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
wasn't world war III supposed to break out or something?

/comic book guy
worst apocalypse ever
There are some elections to be made still around the world. 2017 should be the right year.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-25 07:27:50
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

I want it now!!!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-25 07:53:35
Link | Citer | R

This is the sign map for the Petition of reholding the referendum.
Notice the large bulk of the signs coming from londom and the south. who voted to leave?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-25 07:56:50
Link | Citer | R

I doubt it's possible to redo it. Besides the fact that the EU won't hear any of it, the population has already spoken, it's late to try to retract now.

Though it'd be interesting if London becomes a city-state! (which I think is nigh impossible though)
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2016-06-25 07:57:59
Link | Citer | R

There is a realistic chance that violence could break out in 2 years if the negotiations aren't done well. There will be an EU-border between Ireland and Northern Ireland and if people will have too much trouble passing this border, the terrorism there might have a revival.

There were enough signs that an exit of London from the UK has to be discussed within parliament.

BTW, it is still possible for the government to ignore this referendum result right? (from a legal standpoint)
If Cameron came out saying 'as long as I am the PM, we won't trigger article 50' he might even be reelected. Seeing how shocked the country is at the moment. (Don't protest-vote the government when it's of this importance!)
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-25 07:58:59
Link | Citer | R

I don't think it's impossible for Eire and Ulster to unite again like some are saying.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
By Bismarck.Leneth 2016-06-25 08:02:53
Link | Citer | R

I don't think it's impossible for Eire and Ulster to unite again like some are saying.
I think so too, for the next 20 years at least.
That won't stop extremists from trying to force it though, like they did for such a long time. The 'peace' hasn't last that long.
I still had to talk in school about IRA.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-25 08:03:27
Link | Citer | R

I personally do, to some extent, i do believe the extreme Christians will attack the Protestants.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-25 08:04:24
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Lilkat said: »
Most of the people whining at this result are the well off, the people who live far away from any mass immigration hot spots
Like the very culturally restricted London right?

the people of Britain never liked the reality of what the EU actually turned out to be or was evolving into
The old* people.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-06-25 08:08:53
Link | Citer | R

Nice way to get your point across by throwing insults as early as you can.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-25 08:16:34
Link | Citer | R

So first you say it's the people away from hot immigration spots that complain. Now that it's normal from London. You contradict yourself.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-25 08:19:59
Link | Citer | R

Most of the people whining at this result are the well off, the people who live far away from any mass immigration hot spots and/or people in college that are living off their parents ticket. You know, those people who need to "check their privilege"
Not True at all.
You understand that in the UK, that the building societies are the first people to be effected, and that generally means the poor are effected the most (Because it's the Poorer and middle classes who work as architects and the builders etc.) . if the economy stays in the fall it is in at the moment, unemployment will begin to soar.
And the Building sector will crash.

There are already reports of a 30% Loss in those sectors in 1 day.

There is still high Youth unemployment in the South, which are where the middle class live. Which most Younger Middle class earners voted to stay. I can't even begin to say how many adult youths live with their parents, because they cannot possibly afford to sustain themselves.

The pound will recover (it's already is), we will get to pick who makes all of our laws again and we will get total control over immigration (and use immigration for our benefit and not that of the superstate ideal). Oh and wanting to be an independent nation does not make you a "bigot" a "racist" or even "literally Hitler" either.

Again i disagree, early reports are showing ridiculous amounts of losses. There is also talk about the pound being devalued again from a "AA1" to lower.
Being Independent isn't a bad thing, but it does look extremely racist when the last 10 years of complaints about immigration have been aimed at the Polish. "The Polish are taking our jobs". I certainly remember people saying that. I Also certainly remember people saying "They come here, take our jobs and refuse to learn our language" too. Hmm, that looks pretty racist to me.
Yet i seek to remind you that they pay taxes. And the VAST majority live here like normal British people.

For better or for worse, this is the decision we have made and it's time to accept it and make it work, if the 46% don't like that.. well such is the reality of life. Sometimes you have to accept things you don't personally like for the benefit of the whole.

Actually it was 48%, and there was large divisions between youth and the older generations. The Older Generations who will not feel the effects as much as the Youth will.
I live in a Port town, Infact Southampton. Youth Unemployment is high here, so we study politics. There is alot we can do. We can refuse to accept the result. The PM can refuse to call Article 50 until another referendum.
The Nation has been divided, and Scotland are calling now to leave the UK.

The effects isn't as simple as your stating.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-06-25 08:22:19
Link | Citer | R

Ooh Lina and I are both Hampshire residents, boom high five!
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-25 08:25:18
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Yup, also in the Labour stronghold too. the Red in the sea of blue.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-25 08:27:43
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Katsuras said: »
So first you say it's the people away from hot immigration spots that complain. Now that it's normal from London. You contradict yourself.

You know exactly what I was saying, and I'm not stepping on your mousetrap either.
It's no trap, don't be paranoid. I sincerely think you said a contradictory thing.
You said complains only come from people who have little experience with immigration, but London is both a place with high immigration and heavy remain desire.
You're just dodging..
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
By Bismarck.Leneth 2016-06-25 08:27:59
Link | Citer | R

A better education could have avoided it (*taking up Seha's point from the populism thread*)
Another interesting point is the political interested category.

Source: YouGov End of May polls.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-06-25 08:30:53
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Yup, also in the Labour stronghold too. the Red in the sea of blue.
You're right there...I'm in a Tory stronghold :( :( :(

At the general election the UKIP candidate (correctly) said that a hatstand could run as the Conservative candidate and win.

He then promptly threatened to shoot said candidate between the eyes, after learning about Ranil Jayawardeena, I'm not sure I disagree with that threat.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-25 08:30:56
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Leneth said: »
A better education could have avoided it (*taking up Seha's point from the populism thread*)
Careful they'll call you a soviet too.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-25 08:32:17
Link | Citer | R

I feel like my long post was ignored.
R.I.P the Dream Team long post.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-06-25 08:35:43
Link | Citer | R

I feel like my long post was ignored.
R.I.P the Dream Team long post.
Kara liked it, so I guess you have an audience.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 28 29 30