BREXIT Just Happened...

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » BREXIT Just happened...
BREXIT Just happened...
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 28 29 30
By Ramyrez 2016-06-29 07:21:01
Link | Citer | R

False platitudes and buying nationalist propaganda after a tragedy doesn't really count as "coming together."

If the only thing that can bring you together is the forced circling up caused by major tragedy, then maybe there's an even bigger problem.
By fonewear 2016-06-29 07:23:49
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
False platitudes and buying nationalist propaganda after a tragedy doesn't really count as "coming together."

If the only thing that can bring you together is the forced circling up caused by major tragedy, then maybe there's an even bigger problem.

Europe's biggest problem is admitting the EU was a mistake. It has taken them how long to do that ?
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2016-06-29 07:25:23
Link | Citer | R

What's racist about being concerned that your country is failing to cope with uncontrolled immigration? There was nothing racist in the slightest about that quote. Trying to suppress free speech by shouting racist is a disease that needs to dissapear asap.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-29 07:34:04
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
What's racist about being concerned that your country is failing to cope with uncontrolled immigration? There was nothing racist in the slightest about that quote. Trying to suppress free speech by shouting racist is a disease that needs to dissapear asap.

It is funny how many people don't understand the concept of "free speech". Free speech has been taken over by "hate speech" which is anything that offends your sensibilities. So no they don't believe in free speech at all.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-29 07:38:38
Link | Citer | R

Free speech is protection from the government, not protection from fellow citizens.

Unless I've missed the news article I don't see a large majority lobbying the government to restrict anyone who is anti-immigration te right to speak.

Free speech in the UK is definitely different than in the US, so feel free to link the law UK citizens.
[+]
By Odinz 2016-06-29 07:39:23
Link | Citer | R

There's no spike in racism since brexit, no none at all.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-06-29 07:40:27
Link | Citer | R

You disagree with their Politically Correct narrative therefor you must be subdued with insults and bullying.

The problem happens when those being bullied vastly outnumber those doing the bullying. They haven't thought that far ahead..
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-29 07:41:41
Link | Citer | R

>Treats immigrants like garbage
>Feels bullied by people who call that out

Goddamn.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-29 07:42:31
Link | Citer | R

What about immigrants that are garbage men how do you treat them ?
By Ramyrez 2016-06-29 07:43:58
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
What about immigrants that are garbage men how do you treat them ?

Realizing that you're just trolling, I'm still going to answer because not everyone picks up on that with you.

Being a garbage collector doesn't make you yourself garbage. :p
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-29 07:44:24
Link | Citer | R

If you act now you can support a Syrian refugee for just 10 cents a day. Don't you want to help your fellow refugee !
By Ramyrez 2016-06-29 07:46:20
Link | Citer | R

Don't you want to help your fellow refugee

One of us is really unclear about my political/social status, and I'm really hoping it's you...
By fonewear 2016-06-29 07:46:56
Link | Citer | R

I consider people in Europe refugees of the US the better country !
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-29 07:47:18
Link | Citer | R

Continent whatever *
[+]
 Phoenix.Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2016-06-29 07:49:30
Link | Citer | R

Law =/= morality. Everyone has the right to free speech regardless of the law. It's a basic human right. If people don't like what you are saying, they tend to give you a derogatory label in an effort to make what you are saying less credible. Sensible people will listen to your points and make an informed judgement. Half of the rest will scream racist/whatever and the other half will believe it because "I'd never agree with a racist".

Nobody is saying people are lobbying to remove peoples right to free speech, they are doing it by giving derogatory labels to make their argument weaker. At least explain why uncontrolled immigration is a benefit when a country is struggling to cope with the increasing population. Did you know that 13.5 Million UK citizens are classed as living in poverty (just under 1/3 of the population)? How is uncontrolled immigration helping exactly?
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-29 07:50:47
Link | Citer | R

Odinz said: »
There's no spike in racism since brexit, no none at all.

It's just a matter of time till Germany occupies Poland again !
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-29 07:53:27
Link | Citer | R

give you a derogatory label in an effort to make what you are saying less credible
giving derogatory labels to make their argument weaker.
Completely missing the point. Not sure though if on purpose or unaware.

I believe the english saying is "calling a spade a spade".
 Phoenix.Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2016-06-29 07:55:20
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
>Treats immigrants like garbage
>Feels bullied by people who call that out

Goddamn.
Yeh we treat EU immigrants like garbage by giving them full access to our welfare system before they pay in via taxes. They deserve special treatment over the non EU nationals who are here. Sounds fair.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-29 07:56:19
Link | Citer | R

Law =/= morality. Everyone has the right to free speech regardless of the law. It's a basic human right. If people don't like what you are saying, they tend to give you a derogatory label in an effort to make what you are saying less credible. Sensible people will listen to your points and make an informed judgement. Half of the rest will scream racist/whatever and the other half will believe it because "I'd never agree with a racist".

Nobody is saying people are lobbying to remove peoples right to free speech, they are doing it by giving derogatory labels to make their argument weaker. At least explain why uncontrolled immigration is a benefit when a country is struggling to cope with the increasing population. Did you know that 13.5 Million UK citizens are classed as living in poverty (just under 1/3 of the population)? How is uncontrolled immigration helping exactly?

Why uncontrolled immigration maybe and open borders policy isn't the best thing in the world....
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-29 07:57:05
Link | Citer | R

Addressing a the problem of unchecked immigration is not frowned upon. Approaching it in a constructive way is vital.

Addressing it in this fashion:

Is, in fact, a scumbag thing to do and while there may be a "right to free speech" to allow you to express yourself as such, you have no right to defense from sensible people who call you out for your idiotic behavior.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-29 07:59:10
Link | Citer | R

What if he just means polish insects and it is a literal sign not a metaphor for people !
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-29 07:59:12
Link | Citer | R

Yeh we treat EU immigrants like garbage by giving them full access to our welfare system before they pay in via taxes. They deserve special treatment over the non EU nationals who are here. Sounds fair.
Interesting strawman. Considering I've said none of all that. Say that to people who actually claimed such things, not to randoms you think you can have an argument with.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2016-06-29 07:59:45
Link | Citer | R

give you a derogatory label in an effort to make what you are saying less credible

Not missing any point. Keep calling everyone a racist for wanting EU immigrants to be treated the same as USA/Australian/NZ/Canadian/Turkish/Russian immigrants though. It's helping build a picture of what you actually believe to be equallity.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-29 08:00:17
Link | Citer | R

If you elimnate racist speech how the hell are you going to stop it anyways ? You wouldn't know who is racist and who isn't...
By Ramyrez 2016-06-29 08:00:55
Link | Citer | R

What if he just means polish insects and it is a literal sign not a metaphor for people !

Then I will eat my proverbial hat.

Not the literal one though. I don't think my colon is ready for that.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-29 08:00:56
Link | Citer | R

eliminate *
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-29 08:02:32
Link | Citer | R

Not missing any point. Keep calling everyone a racist for wanting EU immigrants to be treated the same as USA/Australian/NZ/Canadian/Turkish/Russian immigrants though. It's helping build a picture of what you actually believe to be equallity.
And once again you reply with a thing completely unrelated to what was quoted.
If you want to engage in a debate do it properly please.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-29 08:02:46
Link | Citer | R

Interesting strawman. Considering I've said none of all that. Say that to people who actually claimed such things, not to randoms you think you can have an argument with.

This is a gentleman who clearly has the same concerns in the UK as we have here in the US with Central/South American immigration. The concerns are valid. It's the method of approaching the problem that is questionable.

"Kick everyone out, close the borders, keep (insert country/culture here) pure for us!" isn't really a valid approach, no matter how fervently some people think it is.
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-29 08:05:12
Link | Citer | R

Except that is not what the EU has been about, from the beginning. It has been about bringing a European identity and embracing European nationals.

Not equaling isolating all countries.

It is also why British nationals are able to go into other EU countries and get benefits (e.g. free university education in Denmark).
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-29 08:05:20
Link | Citer | R

Well you see how open borders work in Europe not too well...just from a security standpoint it is impossible to enforce.
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 28 29 30