Random Politics & Religion #07

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #07
Random Politics & Religion #07
First Page 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61
By Blazed1979 2016-07-14 19:14:39
Link | Citer | R

its soooo stupid to choose to define them as "muslim" terrorists...
It's not the reason they're terrorists. The fact that they're terrorists, is why they are terrorists.
By volkom 2016-07-14 19:16:56
Link | Citer | R

why did they become terrorist?
 Asura.Azriel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-14 19:20:20
Link | Citer | R

Because other HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ppl not knowing the meaning of /muslim/ told them real muslims would be terrorists.
By Blazed1979 2016-07-14 20:11:08
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
Why does a white person join the KKK?
Why does a criminal commit crime?
By volkom 2016-07-14 20:57:31
Link | Citer | R

Blazed1979 said: »
Why does a white person join the KKK?
Why does a criminal commit crime?
guess i'm reading it wrong. but read it as they're terrorist because they're terrorist? dunno why you think its not stupid to define them as muslim or w/e terrorist if they're committing attacks in the region's name.

a terrorist is a terrorist but there's gotta be some sort of motivation behind to what they're doing. it can't just be they hate nonmuslims or french or americans
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-07-14 21:17:25
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
Instead, get involved in the debate (using facts and logic in lieu of pleas to emotion and personal attacks) and encourage closeted rational and enlightened Islamic scholars to engage radical rhetoric to speed up the process of reformation.

This is a third party hack website for a dying fourteen year old japanese on line video game... so we're a little bit light in the closeted rational and enlightened Islamic scholars department... >.>

but if you find some let them know a fat crazy old video game junkie thinks they should definitely get around to reforming all the things asap
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-14 23:00:11
Link | Citer | R

Because Evil White European Males spread their Evil Imperialist Capitalistic dogma into the poor defenseless Islamic homeland. They aren't terrorist they are freedom fights who are just pushing out that vile Capitalist influence. Religion of peace and all...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-07-14 23:06:39
Link | Citer | R

Suspected Muslim terrorists
We may never know his motives
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Ruaumoko 2016-07-15 01:15:33
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Instead, get involved in the debate (using facts and logic in lieu of pleas to emotion and personal attacks) and encourage closeted rational and enlightened Islamic scholars to engage radical rhetoric to speed up the process of reformation.

This is a third party hack website for a dying fourteen year old japanese on line video game... so we're a little bit light in the closeted rational and enlightened Islamic scholars department... >.>

but if you find some let them know a fat crazy old video game junkie thinks they should definitely get around to reforming all the things asap
I meant in general, outside the internet.

Look for movements in your local city or state which promote rational Islamic dialogue. I had the fortune of having a Center for the Study of Islam (CSI) on the campus of there university I attended for my undergraduate degree and was able to network with such people. One of their projects is, interestingly enough, Islamic Reformulations project: Belief, Violence and Governance.

The people and the bodies are out there people, they're just being repressed by PC culture and lunatic liberals too scared of riling feathers and challenging the prevailing rhetoric.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dashuto
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2016-07-15 01:37:10
Link | Citer | R

84 people dead
They're already trying to find any spin they can

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-07-15 06:51:27
Link | Citer | R

Anything but actually confronting the problem. were in the zone of PC that's clearly motivated by cowardice.

This is clearly a case of road rage so the solution is to make all other drivers goto some driving school, or ban driving.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-07-15 06:57:12
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Anything but actually confronting the problem. were in the zone of PC that's clearly motivated by cowardice.

This is clearly a case of road rage so the solution is to make all other drivers goto some driving school, or ban driving.
Drivers will still need to check their privilege though.

Hybrid cars are the best cars after all.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Serveur: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-15 09:31:18
Link | Citer | R

Buzzfeed is doing a really interesting interview of Stephen Colbert. He's touching on political stuff.

It's enjoyable though because Stephen Colbert the person rarely says anything, it's always been his character (either TDS or his late show)

https://www.facebook.com/BuzzFeed/videos/10154836314315329/
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-15 09:45:38
Link | Citer | R

Hybrid cars are such ***.

I mean, they might be awesome, but ***'s sake can we have some mass-produced hybrids/electric cars that aren't ugly as sin? Cars that might actually be fun to drive and be seen in?

Seriously. An electric Camaro or Mustang or Charger. That's all I'm asking. Something that isn't ungodly expensive but still manages to not look like you only own it to drop your brood off at soccer practice (no offense to the Prius owners around. Yes, I know you love those ugly things.)
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-15 09:46:47
Link | Citer | R

*I say the above with high hopes of the Bolt, at least. It's not sporty on the level of the cars I mentioned, but owning a Sonic (basically the gas-version pattern of the Bolt) I can tell you it's a pretty spiffy little car.
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-07-15 10:07:03
Link | Citer | R

terrorists are going to get trump elected.
By Ramyrez 2016-07-15 10:12:57
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
terrorists are going to get trump elected.

And they'll be totally stoked because he'll give them exactly what they want.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-07-15 10:16:18
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
no offense to the Prius owners around
Offense taken!
By Ramyrez 2016-07-15 10:22:12
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
no offense to the Prius owners around
Offense taken!
no offense to the Prius owners (except obviously Mag, because between his Prius and his Mac obsession clearly I'm judging him as a human being based on his terrible choices as a consumer) around.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-07-15 10:37:51
Link | Citer | R

With 45 mpg, I don't feel the least upset over the fact that it doesn't look like a Camaro.
By Ramyrez 2016-07-15 10:49:12
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
With 45 mpg, I don't feel the least upset over the fact that it doesn't look like a Camaro.

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-15 11:27:00
Link | Citer | R

Hybrid cars are such ***.

I mean, they might be awesome, but ***'s sake can we have some mass-produced hybrids/electric cars that aren't ugly as sin? Cars that might actually be fun to drive and be seen in?

Seriously. An electric Camaro or Mustang or Charger. That's all I'm asking. Something that isn't ungodly expensive but still manages to not look like you only own it to drop your brood off at soccer practice (no offense to the Prius owners around. Yes, I know you love those ugly things.)

Not possible.

The vast majority of the "efficiency" of Hybrid cares comes from the weak engine and light weight materials used. Otherwise it's just an extremely overpriced 4 cylinder economy car. In order to give it any semblance of performance they need to sacrifice "efficiency".

Now I use air-quotes because the best way to reduce fuel consumption is to reduce both acceleration and average speed. Your car is basically punching a hole through the air that has the same geometry as the front of your car. At low speeds it doesn't take much energy to push the atmosphere out of your way but at high speeds it can take considerable energy to do so. Similarly acceleration is not only punching that same hole, but also fighting the force of friction generated by gravity and resistance from inertia. So with "hybrid" cars they reduce energy usage by simply forcing you to both drive and accelerate slower.

Now you can make a super powerful electric car, they get absolute ***for range but have ridiculous acceleration. In theory an electric motor can surpass the instantaneous output of a thermal engine, though energy supply is a huge issue in comparison.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1091975_2000-horsepower-electric-dragster-sets-new-drag-record-video
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-07-15 11:39:17
Link | Citer | R

I meant in general, outside the internet.

yeah....

I'll get right on that skipper... /wanders into a random mosque

Where all the clerics at!?

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-15 11:50:40
Link | Citer | R

Hillary Clinton holds event at Pokemon Go Gym and Pokestop

That's brilliant.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-15 12:01:11
Link | Citer | R

Oh for anyone thinking an Electric or Hybrid car is green, think again.

Neodymium and Dysprosium are absolutely required to produce high performance magnets for motors and turbines. Magnets produced from this material can store several times more magnetic energy as conventional magnets.

This is what a mine for these materials looks like.

http://www.windfarmaction.com/neodymium-mining.html

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2012/aug/07/china-rare-earth-village-pollution

And prices are only going to go up. Nobody wants to mine them because of how toxic the process is, yet everyone is demanding the products that require them.

http://e360.yale.edu/feature/a_scarcity_of_rare_metals_is_hindering_green_technologies/2711/

But hey as long as we get to sip our $8 USD Starbucks non-fat soy-milk lattes and pretend we're Hero's for "saving" the world from those "Evil Rich White Capitalist ***".
By Ramyrez 2016-07-15 12:14:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Now you can make a super powerful electric car, they get absolute ***for range but have ridiculous acceleration

Yeah. I'm not a fan of hybrids in general.

I've seen some impressive electric supercars but...yeah. They get about a puff of full power before they need a few hours of charging.

I'm interested in the evolution of electric though.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-07-15 12:25:59
Link | Citer | R

Just watch. Democrat "get out the vote" campaigns are going to lobby for turning voting locations into rare Pokémon hotspots and/or gyms.
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-07-15 12:28:26
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Where all the clerics at!?

I like to yell 'where all the white women at!?!' when I'm drunk and no one ever gets it. we need to have a glass of scotch before we die.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-15 12:35:28
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Just watch. Democrat "get out the vote" campaigns are going to lobby for turning voting locations into rare Pokémon hotspots and/or gyms.

Already saw someone pushing this on FB. "Make voting locations Pokémon spots and increase the younger individual vote by 600%."
First Page 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61