Random Sportsball!!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Random Sportsball!!
Random Sportsball!!
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-02 17:04:22
Link | Citer | R

Yay Leicester won Premier League, I'm so happy!

Go foxes!!
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2016-05-02 17:13:11
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Yay Leicester won Premier League, I'm so happy!

Go foxes!!
A few weeks(2 months?) ago I heard of bookmakers trying to talk Leicester fans out of their bets they made before the season.
I'm glad for anyone who sticked to his team after a catastrophic last season, betting on winning the next one, and not wavering so close before the end and making a few thousand pounds out of a minimal investment.
 Asura.Calatilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-05-02 17:44:30
Link | Citer | R

Leicester have done amazing this season considering they barely avoided relegation last season, only surviving on the final day.

Their next challenge is to keep their players and not let the other "bigger" clubs poach their players. This season has proved that you don't need billions in the bank to win the league.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-02 18:33:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Calatilla said: »
This season has proved that you don't need billions in the bank to win the league.
I think anyone who watches the Yankees would attest to that.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-03 09:22:08
Link | Citer | R

I doubt they'll manage to keep Vardy, Kramaric, etc, and god knows they're getting steamrolled in next Champions(and having two competitions can put them in trouble in the Premier too), but for now, let's be happy!

might never know, maybe they'll build a strong team with the money from the CL and get to still hover in high positions.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-05-03 09:49:54
Link | Citer | R

Well next season there is going to be a very large investment in the premier league with big money sponsorship so that will defiantly help them.

I agree it may be difficult to hold on to Vardy, Mahrez and co but I don't think they'll leave before the start of the season. Why would they move to one of the self proclaimed big 4? Chelsea won't be in the champions league this season, Man U probably won't see champions league either, Arsenal always finish 4th, Man City will be 3rd but I really can't see Vardy getting first team football ahead of Aguero.

If they're going to switch clubs it's more likely going to happen mid season when they have some sort of idea of where their season is heading.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-05-05 20:16:00
Link | Citer | R

So the hockey season ended when the Blues beat the Hawks, it would have still been over if the Hawks had won, because nobody else has the ability to stop either of those teams. I was watching the Blues game just now, and the Stars had 6 men on the ice for over 10 seconds, with the puck, in the offensive zone, no whistle. Now, that might be pathetic officiating, but what is even more pathetic is the fact that Tarasenko can get the puck and have a breakaway despite there being 6 guys on the ice for the Stars. And of course he puts it in the net, otherwise why even recognize the NHL with this post?

Also, um, hey NBA? Are the Spurs/Thunder ever going to play again?
Administrator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2016-05-05 20:24:58
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Also, um, hey NBA? Are the Spurs/Thunder ever going to play again?

The NBA Playoffs middle round schedules are so ridiculous. It's especially bizarre because on the whole, the NBA gets so many things right - Adam Silver is the best commissioner in sports right now (not that hard, I know, but still!)

But yeah, the scheduling for these rounds is so weird, and there's just no reason for it to be. They honestly need to cut back on the number of teams that make the playoffs, because moreso than any other playoff system, the NBA is chalk, chalk, chalk. These aren't the NHL playoffs, where low seeds can (and do!) win.

It will never, ever happen, though, because the extra TV money is just too good.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-05-05 20:31:04
Link | Citer | R

Its not hard to be a good commish right now when the only bar is "Dont be those guys." *points at Goodell and Bettman*

Silver has done a good job of handling controversy, but Manfred has done a great job of avoiding controversy completely.
[+]
Administrator
By Idiot Boy 2016-05-05 20:34:04
Link | Citer | R

Its not hard to be a good commish right now when the only bar is "Dont be those guys." *points at Goodell and Bettman*

Silver has done a good job of handling controversy, but Manfred has done a great job of avoiding controversy completely.

Not gonna lie, it took me a minute when I was writing that post to remember who the MLB commissioner actually was.

You're right, though - "Not being Bud Selig" puts him squarely in second place. I still give the trophy to Silver though, because he's out there actually doing stuff, as opposed to turtling up and hoping A-Rod doesn't do something stupid again
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-05-05 20:39:23
Link | Citer | R

This is Manfred's second season, all he has really done is say no to Pete Rose's request for reinstatement, which nobody had a problem with. I had no problem with Selig, the guy had a few slipups but like Stern, when you are commissioner for 20+ years you are going to have some. His contraction idea was awful but hey, he didn't go through with it. 20 years of labor peace and no work stoppages kept me a happy panda.
Administrator
By Idiot Boy 2016-05-05 20:59:01
Link | Citer | R

This is Manfred's second season, all he has really done is say no to Pete Rose's request for reinstatement, which nobody had a problem with. I had no problem with Selig, the guy had a few slipups but like Stern, when you are commissioner for 20+ years you are going to have some. His contraction idea was awful but hey, he didn't go through with it. 20 years of labor peace and no work stoppages kept me a happy panda.

Selig's handling of the Brewers and Expos/Nationals were pretty awful. His handling of PEDs was atrocious.

He gets points for labor peace, and it's hard to put anyone below Goodell or Bettman, but he was still kinda bad.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-05-05 21:13:18
Link | Citer | R

He also took way too long to institute instant replay. Im less happy about what went down with the Astros than I am with the Expos, the team didn't want to be in Montreal anymore.

I have some sympathy for Selig when it came to the PED controversy, because I don't know what he was supposed to do differently. It exploded when most of the big name offenders were out of the game. Mark McGwire specifically, was retired, he had no positive tests. What do you do? Ban him for life? For what infraction? The players union wasn't going to stand for anything being done to the active players. I'm not a fan of striking stats from the books. It was just an impossible situation. So just say ok, amnesty for everyone prior, but going forward, its gonna suck.

But that being said, he completely flubbed the Ryan Braun suspensions. He suspended A-Rod for a year, which was good. And all of these guys have essentially been banned from the Hall of Fame.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-07 08:14:47
Link | Citer | R

So...how about them Spurs?
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2016-05-08 10:40:04
Link | Citer | R

How bout that Bartolo Colon homer!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-13 13:43:01
Link | Citer | R

Stanley Cup Playoffs Conference Finals start tonight for the East, Penguins v. Lightning.

Let's Go Pens!
[+]
Administrator
By Idiot Boy 2016-05-13 13:46:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

WHA HAPPEN
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-05-13 13:54:29
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
Stanley Cup Playoffs Conference Finals start tonight for the East, Penguins v. Lightning.

Let's Go Pens!

"Fleury says he might be good to play."

Yeah... about that... take a little more time eh?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-13 14:02:27
Link | Citer | R

Idiot Boy said: »

WHA HAPPEN
They got...old?

Last night was a ***night!
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-05-13 15:25:19
Link | Citer | R

The Raiders are at it again. And I don't mean playing football.

Oakland Raiders aren't bluffing about Las Vegas
San Jose Mercury News

Quote:
Mark Davis wants to make something abundantly clear: He isn't playing a poker hand by saying he'll move his Oakland Raiders to Las Vegas if Nevada approves financing for a new stadium off the Vegas Strip.

This isn't a bluff to motivate Oakland into meaningful stadium discussions.

He isn't playing one city off the other

The stadium certainty that has eluded the Raiders for decades is being offered by a powerful group in Las Vegas led by Sands Corp chief Sheldon Adelson, who is proposing a $1.4 billion domed stadium to be the future home of the Raiders, UNLV football and the MLS, as well as host major events like the Super Bowl, Final Four and college football's National Championship game....
And more, lots more. Them sportswriters sure are wordy.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-15 09:43:14
Link | Citer | R

Idiot Boy said: »

WHA HAPPEN
I read this in Fred Willard's voice.

I think they were tired, tbh. In top form the Spurs are badass. It's why they are my #2 team despite, you know, the Texas thing. So if GSW takes out OKC, both of my team's are out. I kinda hope Duncan and Ginobili stay another year though. Duncan has a good attitude in interviews from what I've seen, doesn't partake in drama or talk ***, not arrogant, etc.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-15 17:51:01
Link | Citer | R

So yesterday Higuaìn closed this year's championship with 36 goals(record in italian history), and his very last goal was amazing too

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-05-17 20:22:49
Link | Citer | R

Rougie's Red Punch

Thank you, Frisco.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-05-18 22:12:23
Link | Citer | R

WTF this was a competitive basketball game, then it just wasn't.
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2016-05-24 22:57:54
Link | Citer | R

When you get kicked in the nuts but you're unfazed because you're gonna hand them their first back to back loss all season and bring the conference finals to 3-1

[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-24 22:59:57
Link | Citer | R

Penguins with a strong effort to tie the series with Tampa.

Game 7 Thursday.

Expect me to be online, possibly drunk, and certainly belligerent regardless of alcohol content.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-30 22:11:34
Link | Citer | R

After watching this series of GSW vs OKC, I'm gonna call it; Curry will be out of his prime in two years. Why? Because GSW relies on him too much, he plays too many minutes and is going to get worn out young, possibly hurt.

Curry and Thompson pretty much make GSW, without them, all they'd have is a nutcracker who is apparently immune to disciplinary actions.

/butthurt
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-30 22:23:37
Link | Citer | R

Yep, Go Cavs.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14