Random Politics & Religion #03

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #03
Random Politics & Religion #03
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 27 28 29
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-03 12:39:19
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Oh, $400,000,000,000 for 2,457 jets. And then an additional estimated $1,000,000,000,000 (this is a lowball estimate) to maintain them and the program over their expected lifetime.

We might see it in action sometime next year, if the massive issues, such as the program not correctly distinguishing allies and enemies apart, get fixed.

Somebody did the math and it turns out we could pay for every college aged American's tuition through 2030 with the money that's being spent on the F-35 program.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-03 12:43:09
Link | Citer | R

But how does putting kids through college bomb targets from miles away again?

Last I checked, John Q. Public isn't morphing into a multirole stealth aircraft.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-05-03 12:46:52
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
The only reason sanders really cared as well as he did is because Clinton has been taking beating after beating since before the primaries began... The fact that he couldn't over take someone taking all that abuse and bad press is a failure on his part and a sign that Democrats aren't ready to move on to his type of politics yet...

Clinton has had YEARS of ground game with minority communities and among influential types in the Democratic party. Among the older crowds she's an established figure where Bernie cannot hope to undo all of that work which is why he did so well with young, tech-savvy sub 35 year olds who don't really feel any affiliation to the Clinton construct.

It also helps that his campaign focused on young issues like the college debt crisis and corporate corruption.
Those issues are like the trump wall though fancy talk with no real plan to back it up that's actually feasible...
By Ramyrez 2016-05-03 12:47:58
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Oh, $400,000,000,000 for 2,457 jets. And then an additional estimated $1,000,000,000,000 (this is a lowball estimate) to maintain them and the program over their expected lifetime.

We might see it in action sometime next year, if the massive issues, such as the program not correctly distinguishing allies and enemies apart, get fixed.
We should instead be using the ZF-1 from Fifth Element. Only costs 4 stones for 4 crates.

I have zero stones, but can I have one crate for the cause?

But first I must ask...what's the deal with the little red button on the bottom of the gun?
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-05-03 12:53:24
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
I have zero stones, but can I have one crate for the cause?

But first I must ask...what's the deal with the little red button on the bottom of the gun?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-03 12:58:26
Link | Citer | R

Last I checked, John Q. Public isn't morphing into a multirole stealth aircraft.

Or they could obtain degrees in engineering and physics and build even more advanced weapons systems. Like low orbit drones with weapons guidance systems. Space drones, if you will. Reagan would be so proud. Consider it an investment in 'Muricas strategic future.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-03 13:10:24
Link | Citer | R

Btw: America is already on that space drone game.

Boeing X-51 pacing the way.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-03 13:11:37
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Or they could obtain degrees in engineering and physics and build even more advanced weapons systems. Like low orbit drones with weapons guidance systems. Space drones, if you will. Reagan would be so proud. Consider it an investment in 'Muricas strategic future.

Remember kids, along with wanting to be a doctor, lawyer, astronaut and fireman don't forget your friends at Boeing, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-03 14:23:12
Link | Citer | R

How come we haven't discussed the finer points of this tragic event?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/05/03/he-thought-he-could-help-concealed-carry-gun-wielder-intervenes-in-domestic-dispute-and-is-shot-dead/
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-05-03 14:26:33
Link | Citer | R

Because the topic of guns always take the same route?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-03 14:38:15
Link | Citer | R

I generally avoid it as I end up too centrist or too off-the-chart for the discussion. In this particular case I only think it's upsetting the actual criminal will likely not get properly punishment proportionate to the crime. Even in Texas.

Forget gun control. Focus on education and change the gun-fetishizing culture in the U.S.

The problem isn't and never has been a gun problem. It's a multi-faceted problem of power, education, and masculinity.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-05-03 15:43:42
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
I guess it's a question for the DNC of whether there's greater strategic value in having open primaries to get a better idea of what independent voters are thinking.
It isn't the national committees that sets these things up, its the states' committees.

For instance, this year WA's democrats decided to hold caucuses. But Hill and Bernie are on the WA presidential primary ballot, which is now meaningless. But the Dem side is open while one has to swear a loyalty oath to the GOP to vote the republican side of that ballot.

We do not register by party here. And to me THAT is the way things should go nationwide.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-05-03 15:46:05
Link | Citer | R

Because its BEHIND A PAYWALL?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-05-03 15:52:21
Link | Citer | R

Tales of the bathroom police.

Man Follows Woman Into Restroom Over 'Perceived' Gender
"You didn't look like a girl when I saw you enter," man says

NBCDFW

Quote:
A North Texas woman said she was followed into a public restroom at a hospital by a man who didn't believe she was female.

Jessica Rush said it happened last Thursday while she was being treated for an injured arm at Baylor Medical Center in Frisco. Rush, who is from The Colony, said she was about to enter a stall when she noticed a man following her into the restroom*.

"It scared me at first," said Rush. "My first thought was I'm about to be attacked because I am a 5 foot, 3 [inch tall] female."

Rush then flipped on her smart phone and recorded a quick conversation with the man:

Rush said she wore athletic clothing and a baseball cap. She said the incident angered Rush and her wife.

"I understand one thing if you're a cop of the Dallas Police Department but some random guy coming in I think is absolutely absurd and inappropriate," said Rush.

NBC DFW reached out to Baylor Medical Center's Media Relations Department. A spokesperson said they could not verify if the incident happened at one of their facilities and had no other comments.

The encounter comes as the intersection of bathrooms and gender has become a flashpoint across the country since North Carolina passed a law that requires people use bathrooms that correspond to their genders at birth.

Several state legislatures are considering similar bills, according The Associated Press.

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick has said he would support legislation for a so-called "bathroom bill" in Texas.

Equality Texas, the state's largest LGBT lobbying organization, has said such policing is akin to "searching for a problem" and transgender people are more likely to be victims of assault than perpetrators.
*It was TEXAS. She could have shot him quite legally. Probably should have. I would feel threatened in those circumstances.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-03 15:54:51
Link | Citer | R

*sighs* Was it necessary to bait what this is naturally going to attract here?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-03 16:06:58
Link | Citer | R

Meanwhile in Indiana...

Cruz said a Trump presidency would plunge the nation into the abyss.

Trump shot back with Ted Cruz's "father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald being shot. Nobody even brings it up; I mean they don't even talk about that."

Straight bringing up the National Enquirer in this race. Which is a stroke of genius, because the while most people know the Enquirer is ridiculous, a large amount of people believe what it prints.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-05-03 16:18:58
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Meanwhile in Indiana...

Cruz said a Trump presidency would plunge the nation into the abyss.

Trump shot back with Ted Cruz's "father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald being shot. Nobody even brings it up; I mean they don't even talk about that."

Straight bringing up the National Enquirer in this race. Which is a stroke of genius, because the while most people know the Enquirer is ridiculous, a large amount of people believe what it prints.
Trump being one of them.

/rolleyes
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-03 16:19:53
Link | Citer | R

Cruz then called Trump "Biff Tannen" and said his presidency would be a kin to the alternate time line portrayed in Back to the Future II.

I have to admit, the Biff Tannen reference is an odd likable moment for Cruz.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-05-03 17:56:49
Link | Citer | R

Bernie Sanders focus group:

YouTube Video Placeholder
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-03 19:34:41
Link | Citer | R

Apparently, Cruz is calling it quits.
By Jetackuu 2016-05-03 19:39:36
Link | Citer | R

I mean this has been around for awhile now:

[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-05-03 19:51:18
Link | Citer | R

Cruz getting destroyed in Indiana, this after he said it all came down to this, he was putting everything he had into the state, complete rejection of his candidacy. Back to being a lame duck Senator.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-03 20:02:19
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Cruz getting destroyed in Indiana, this after he said it all came down to this, he was putting everything he had into the state, complete rejection of his candidacy. Back to being a lame duck Senator.
He dropped out and Trump is about to speak. We're about to hear some serious ***, y'all.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-05-03 20:06:48
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
He dropped out and Trump is about to speak. We're about to hear some serious ***, y'all.
It's gonna be the same dumbed down rhetoric we're used to.

Drink every time he says any iteration of the word "win" or waves his hands like a gay plane director.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-05-03 20:45:59
Link | Citer | R

At least we don't have to listen to Ted Cruz and his mascot anymore.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-05-03 21:00:26
Link | Citer | R

*Cough* *Cough*

Told ya Trump was going to be the Republican nominee.

Now for the real fun, time to start seeing people lose their collective ***. Trump won the GOP nomination by a landslide while only spending $50 million USD, much less then his competitors. Imagine the full resources of the Republican party now being funneled into his campaign to go with the massive surge of normally underrepresented voters that have become his core supporters.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-05-03 21:22:27
Link | Citer | R

Ooo, this is about to get really interesting for Bernie Sanders. He's going to see some real pressure to drop out now that the Republicans can completely shift gears into general election mode.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-03 22:13:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Told ya Trump was going to be the Republican nominee.
That's like telling us the sky is blue, we all kinda figured that out a long time ago. Thanks, Captain Obvious.

The only way Trump wasn't going to be the nominee is if there was a contested convention in which case they'd probably give the nomination to someone else who the Republican party either has by the balls or could have by the balls at the drop of a hat. The meltdown of such a situation would be fun to watch.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-03 22:42:53
Link | Citer | R

Welp now the real insanity begins.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-05-03 22:55:50
Link | Citer | R

America is like the Titanic, and Trump is like the captain that said, "Go ahead and crash into the iceberg. What could possibly go wrong?"
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 27 28 29