Random Politics & Religion #03

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #03
Random Politics & Religion #03
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 27 28 29
By Altimaomega 2016-05-03 01:01:35
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Omael said: »
Leave that statue right where it is. Hell, put some lights on that thing so people can view it at night. Make sure everyone that ever sets foot in Louisville can come and see this monument to failure.

Exactly! I mean we name things and build statues and monuments to failures all the time! It's the American way right?

Its got nothing to do with honoring American War Veterans or anything right! What good is a monument that has been around for longer than anyone has been alive do? God forbid we learn from our past or anything. Oh, my bad.. I'm not suppose to say that anymore!
 Bahamut.Omael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2016-05-03 01:10:14
Link | Citer | R

Altimaomega said: »
Its got nothing to do with honoring American War Veterans or anything right! What good is a monument that has been around for longer than anyone has been alive do? God forbid we learn from our past or anything. Oh, my bad.. I'm not suppose to say that anymore!

The Confederate States of America considered themselves a separate country, so they aren't American War Veterans. I also said to leave the monument up, right where it is. Maybe, just maybe we actually learn from our past by leaving it there. Probably not, but anything's possible.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-03 01:30:03
Link | Citer | R

God forbid we learn from our past or anything. Oh, my bad.. I'm not suppose to say that anymore!
I know, right? Bring up an atrocity committed by the United States and this thread is suddenly full of "It happened in the past!" "I don't see what I have to do with any of that!" "Can't we just stop talking about it" "Other countries have done the same thing!"
By Altimaomega 2016-05-03 01:35:51
Link | Citer | R

The Confederate States of America considered themselves a separate country, so they aren't American War Veterans. I also said to leave the monument up, right where it is. Maybe, just maybe we actually learn from our past by leaving it there. Probably not, but anything's possible.

Whatever we do, let's not have a monument mean different things to different people.

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Bring up an atrocity committed by the United States

Now that you mention it the United States really had no right to invade the sovereign soil of the confederacy. Good thing you pointed that out for us.
By Altimaomega 2016-05-03 01:38:01
Link | Citer | R

Blah this isn't even fun anymore, it is amazing how extreme you guys take things and expect not to be treated in kind.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-03 01:40:57
Link | Citer | R

Bring up an atrocity committed by the United States

Now that you mention it the United States really had no right to invade the sovereign soil of the confederacy. Good thing you pointed that out for us.
Nah, it's cool. It's called conquering. Everyone did it.
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2016-05-03 01:41:35
Link | Citer | R

Blah this isn't even fun anymore, it is amazing how extreme you guys take things and expect not to be treated in kind.

I accept your surrender, and will allow you to rejoin the Union.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-05-03 01:46:02
Link | Citer | R

Sure buddy, here are some tickets to a play.
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2016-05-03 01:50:46
Link | Citer | R

I've heard good things about "Our American Cousin". Should be a good show.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-05-03 01:54:50
Link | Citer | R

God forbid we learn from our past or anything. Oh, my bad.. I'm not suppose to say that anymore!
I know, right? Bring up an atrocity committed by the United States and this thread is suddenly full of "It happened in the past!" "I don't see what I have to do with any of that!" "Can't we just stop talking about it" "Other countries have done the same thing!"

Learning from the past is great, but there is absolutely no reason for me to feel guilty for what my ancestors did. Some people confuse the two.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-05-03 02:30:31
Link | Citer | R

I've heard good things about "Our American Cousin". Should be a good show.

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend the box seats. For some reason, you always seem to leave with a headache.
[+]
By Ackeron 2016-05-03 03:45:47
Link | Citer | R

So was asleep, and wake up to an inbox of reporting.

- When some one doesn't agree with you that doesn't mean send 3 reports against them. Specially when only 1 is against the rules, 1 wasn't even directed at you, and the last is calling you on the *** you post.

- When you post stupid misinformation expect to get called on it. You can't come crying to the mods every damn time you get upset no one takes you seriously when you keep posting garbage and get caught.

- Spamming Strawman, or when asked for a source all you can do is say google, means you probably shouldn't even be involved in these things.

- Off topic and baiting .gifs is also against the rules.

- Remember only you can stop idiot fires. If you see one please report it and DO NOT engage with it.

Thank you for your time.

Lastly, I'm not gonna bother going back to delete pretty much 3 entire pages of P&R over this stupid slap fight.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-03 06:55:54
Link | Citer | R

You incessantly follow me from thread to thread.
Ya know..you do post heavily in this entire subsection, it's not that people follow you...it's just that you're not the only one around lol, you're bound to meet the same people everyday, it's not like you change thread and suddenly there's hundreds of new posters.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-05-03 08:37:43
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-05-03 09:32:02
Link | Citer | R

Big day for the GOP, if Trump wins Indiana it is pretty much over and there won't be a contested convention, if Cruz wins it there will most likely be a open convention. Trump is leading pretty big in the most recent polls tho, looks like naming a runningmate who is famous for putting Americans out of work isn't going over to well. Who would have thought that?
[+]
By fonewear 2016-05-03 09:35:52
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Big day for the GOP, if Trump wins Indiana it is pretty much over and there won't be a contested convention, if Cruz wins it there will most likely be a open convention. Trump is leading pretty big in the most recent polls tho, looks like naming a runningmate who is famous for putting Americans out of work isn't going over to well. Who would have thought that?

Can you summarize this in gif form ?
By fonewear 2016-05-03 09:37:07
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Learning from the past is great, but there is absolutely no reason for me to feel guilty for what my ancestors did. Some people confuse the two.

I watched 12 years as a slave and I thought when are they going to make 13 years as a slave sequel !
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-05-03 09:45:19
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »

Can you summarize this in gif form ?

[+]
By fonewear 2016-05-03 09:46:29
Link | Citer | R

So I heard Bernie said it is going to be a contested convention. Did he skip Math class in school ?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-05-03 09:48:16
Link | Citer | R

So I heard Bernie said it is going to be a contested convention. Did he skip Math class in school ?

Probably. It's the only way he could possibly think that the U.S. could pay for all of his proposed programs.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-05-03 09:48:56
Link | Citer | R

According to all his opponents: yes. Then again I've seen some supporters and opponents who have both shown very bad math so...
By Jetackuu 2016-05-03 09:49:31
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Probably. It's the only way he could possibly think that the U.S. could pay for all of his proposed programs.
Example^
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-03 09:56:32
Link | Citer | R

He lost too many states in north-east imo, if he came out winner or at least even from that side he'd still have a good shot but now I don't see that happening anymore. And honestly it might have also killed the drive to even bother to vote him for many people, they saw last week as the definitive loss.

On the flipside though it's right of him to keep going until it's over. He started this as a people's movement, if he pulled out just cause of probabilities it'd betray the concept of this campaign. Let him stick around till the end, he still had a good run.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-05-03 10:06:58
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
He lost too many states in north-east imo, if he came out winner or at least even from that side he'd still have a good shot but now I don't see that happening anymore. And honestly it might have also killed the drive to even bother to vote him for many people, they saw last week as the definitive loss.

On the flipside though it's right of him to keep going until it's over. He started this as a people's movement, if he pulled out just cause of probabilities it'd betray the concept of this campaign. Let him stick around till the end, he still had a good run.

It's a shame too, as even with his flaws he's still the best out of the candidates. Who knows maybe the anti-Hillary camp gets their wishes and she gets indicted. Which would be cool but also suck on another level, but hey.
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Cruz Missive 2016-05-03 10:21:37
Link | Citer | R

Seriously. You can't go to a contested Democratic convention with only two candidates with delegates. The requirement to clinch is literally the total divided by two (rounded up since it's an odd number).

Bernie's only chance for anything is to get the superdelegates to flip. This isn't happening, for a couple of reasons:

- Bernie's been a Democrat for a year. He only joined the party to run for President, so why would the party loyalists side with him over one of their own?
- There's a lot of people who want to make sure we have a woman President
- Oh yeah, in case you hadn't noticed, she's beating the hell out of him. The split on non-superdelegates is 55/45, which in an election is solid thumping, and in a primary? That's an ***-whooping.

It's over, kiddies. He lost. Denying that now is just foolishness and a waste of everyone's time, including your own.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-05-03 10:23:07
Link | Citer | R

I dont think anyone is contesting that o.O
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-05-03 10:24:45
Link | Citer | R

I dont think anyone is contesting that o.O

Here? No. But I have had a lot of Berniebros in my life lately, and it's making me lash out.

MY APOLOGIES.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Serveur: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-05-03 10:26:48
Link | Citer | R

but there i still a small hope for uncle bearnie right?!
i mean, he is jewish, he should be able to fix the whacked out economy!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-03 10:27:19
Link | Citer | R

Bernie's got the right idea and the young people are with him. Give it some more time and give the establishment a few more terms to *** things up, give a few more knuckle-dragging Trump voters a few more years of smoking and consuming copious amounts of McDonald's, and you'll see things continue to shift the direction of Bernie's ideas. It won't be him, obviously, but his ideas aren't going away, even if you disagree with them.
By Ramyrez 2016-05-03 10:28:08
Link | Citer | R

That said, put a fork in Bernie, he's done.

Too many "woman president" and too many establishment Dems and their donors wanting the greased palms to pay them back.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 27 28 29