Random Politics & Religion #02

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #02
Random Politics & Religion #02
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 38 39 40
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-04-22 11:29:01
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
Altimaomega said: »
Yeah, it is common knowledge. I was wondering if Zero knew. But after reading the past page, it is quite clear he/she doesn't know what they are talking about and thinks using big words makes them look smart.

Preposterous! The methodology of your approach to the altercation clearly just inspires insouciance.
Come on, can't we all inhabit passivity traits among our peers like conventional mortals that we are?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-04-22 11:29:22
Link | Citer | R

No, Cruz isn't wasting time trying to appeal to people he didn't already appeal to with his basic hard-right-Christian views.
Jokes aside, this is the guy who sent spam emails to scare people into voting lol.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-04-22 11:29:44
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, it is common knowledge. I was wondering if Zero knew. But after reading the past page, it is quite clear he/she doesn't know what they are talking about and thinks using big words makes them look smart.

Preposterous! The methodology of your approach to the altercation clearly just inspires insouciance.

Insouciance ftw!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-04-22 11:30:35
Link | Citer | R

Pennsylvania's voting is whack as ***, and it lays out that you can't just vote for Trump or Cruz, you've got to break it down to the delegate level and who they support so you can elect the delegate to support the guy you want. And Cruz is out there greasing the palms of the delegates.

You vote for the delegate to vote for Trump or Cruz. Unless one of them drops out before the convention their votes are locked into who the people voted for them to vote for, right?

So.. Why would anyone grease the palms of a locked delegate?
Second and third ballots unlock a great portion of those locked delegates.

First ballot is what the primaries are all about. If Trump doesn't make it to 1237, then they go to the second/third ballots. That's what Cruz's game is all about.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-04-22 11:31:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Pennsylvania's voting is whack as ***, and it lays out that you can't just vote for Trump or Cruz, you've got to break it down to the delegate level and who they support so you can elect the delegate to support the guy you want. And Cruz is out there greasing the palms of the delegates.

You vote for the delegate to vote for Trump or Cruz. Unless one of them drops out before the convention their votes are locked into who the people voted for them to vote for, right?

So.. Why would anyone grease the palms of a locked delegate?

First ballot is what the primaries are all about. If Trump doesn't make it to 1237, then they go to the second/third ballots. That's what Cruz's game is all about.

It is all he has..
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-04-22 11:32:12
Link | Citer | R

And Cruz is out there greasing the palms of the delegates.
It's all he had going for him from the start.

I mean, you can't beat the ego of Trump at his own game. He's already hated by the establishment. Hell, he's really not all that popular in South Texas thanks to that shutdown fiasco he pulled. All he had left is "technically" winning the nomination.

I don't know why you struck out "the ego of" because from the very start I've suspected Trump wasn't 100% serious until he started catching on and his ego wouldn't let him back down, and that suspicion was later verified by people who were on his team.
Because Trump's ego and Trump as a person are two different animals.

What we have seen before the NY primaries was Trump's ego at play. Now, with Trump's victory speech, I think we got a glance at Trump as a man himself.
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-04-22 11:34:58
Link | Citer | R

It's kind of a sad take, but I don't think we're actually going to get our beloved contested conventions.

Trump needs just over 50% of the remaining delegates to clinch. That's completely in range, especially since California is still on the horizon.

Hillary would have to be indicted to not get the nom at this point.

B O R I N G
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-04-22 11:38:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
So is gold cheaper or more expensive in other countries?

Gold, like everything else sold on an open market, has the value someone else is wiling to pay for it.

I like your attempt but your argument was that the value of gold is constant whereas I would have said its based on what an individual or group values it at.

Which someone else stated so I didn't feel the need to be redundant.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-04-22 11:39:39
Link | Citer | R

Drama Torama said: »
Hillary would have to be indicted to not get the nom at this point.
FBI is certainly taking it's sweet *** time doing that.

I would think it would be funny if she gets the nod, then get's indicted. We know the Justice Department won't prosecute her anyway. At least, not unless Trump get's elected.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-04-22 11:42:54
Link | Citer | R

Its going to come down to Indiana I think, to decide whether or not Trump gets the nomination on the first ballot. The road for Cruz is getting tougher and tougher, reality is setting in that no matter how many backdoor deals he makes, the voters don't want him. He is going to have a hard time selling himself in a contested convention when Trump has won over twice as many states, millions more votes, and polls showing that the people believe the nominee should be chosen by their votes, not backdoor deals. A lot of states go on Tuesday, and Cruz isn't going to win any of them.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-04-22 11:49:21
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Its going to come down to Indiana I think, to decide whether or not Trump gets the nomination on the first ballot.
Naw, I think California will do it.

Either way, Cruz is pretty much done. He has alienated himself from the voters, and even if some small miracle, he wins the nomination, he will have done so in the worst possible way and pretty much have given the election to Clinton (or Sanders, if that same miracle lands on his lap too).

Cruz should just look at the larger picture and bow out now instead of trying to take down the GOP with him.
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2016-04-22 11:49:23
Link | Citer | R

A lot of states go on Tuesday, and Cruz isn't going to win any of them

Most polls are showing Trump > Kasich > Cruz for all them, which would probably finish off any reasonable chance for Cruz to make his case at a convention (while strengthening Kasich's).

I still think Trump is going to be the nominee; he's either going to clinch it outright, or end up so close that the Republican elites would be blowing up the party by denying him.

Cruz had his chance and blew it; Kasich got moving too late.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-04-22 11:50:46
Link | Citer | R

end up so close that the Republican elites would be blowing up the party by denying him.
In which case, if they are going out with a bang, they might as well nominate somebody who might have a change of being, you know, good for the nation.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-04-22 11:52:25
Link | Citer | R

A lot of states go on Tuesday, and Cruz isn't going to win any of them

Most polls are showing Trump > Kasich > Cruz for all them, which would probably finish off any reasonable chance for Cruz to make his case at a convention (while strengthening Kasich's).

I still think Trump is going to be the nominee; he's either going to clinch it outright, or end up so close that the Republican elites would be blowing up the party by denying him.

Cruz had his chance and blew it; Kasich got moving too late.

Cruz is definitely done, but I got a feeling Trump and the RNC are going to need triage come Ohio.

In the words of Trump, the bleeding is going to HUGE.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-04-22 11:53:17
Link | Citer | R

Kasich got moving too late
I was wondering how the guy even ended up staying there.
I mean, I understand why he's there now.
But the rep candidates were like 200 at the start, how did he end up being the only survivor? Lol, Idk, he just seems so random out of all that bunch. It's almost like he's there by pure chance and now he's the only good one for the party so they roll with him.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-04-22 11:53:28
Link | Citer | R

chance, not change.

DAMN YOU SPELL CHECKER EVEN THOUGH I SPELLED THAT WORD CORRECTLY ANYWAY! READ MY DAMN MIND FOR PETE'S SAKE!!!!1!
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-04-22 11:56:41
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Kasich got moving too late
I was wondering how the guy even ended up staying there.
I mean, I understand why he's there now.
But the rep candidates were like 200 at the start, how did he end up being the only survivor? Lol, Idk, he just seems so random out of all that bunch. It's almost like he's there by pure chance and now he's the only good one for the party so they roll with him.

It's like the tortoise and the hare in many respects. He just quietly plodded along. He might just get enough to be the monkey wrench.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-04-22 11:57:32
Link | Citer | R

It's like he woke up one day and was like "woah where did everybody go? Guess I'm on then!"

He sneaked in totally unnoticed.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-04-22 12:03:21
Link | Citer | R

Kasich at this point, I guess he is just thinking he is going to win 1 state and lose 49, go to Cleveland and say I'm the guy because I am better than Cruz and Trump, despite the fact the voters completely disagree. As hard as its going to be for Cruz, its impossible for Kasich.
By Ramyrez 2016-04-22 12:06:20
Link | Citer | R

Trump is winning the Pennsylvania GOP nod if the not-inconsiderable number of registered Republicans in my circle of friends and family are indicative of voter turnout.

Pennsylvania's got a lot of religion but it's mostly the Christmas-and-Easter tacit kind. The "we're Christians and we expect you to be, but we're not going to make a big deal out of it because we just finished a 10 hour shift at the mill and we're tired. You want to *** a dude? Fine. Do it over there out of my sight." variety.

Whereas Trump really has the appeal for the NASCAR dad demographic. Which we've got a lot of.
By Ramyrez 2016-04-22 12:07:20
Link | Citer | R

Kasich at this point, I guess he is just thinking he is going to win 1 state and lose 49, go to Cleveland and say I'm the guy because I am better than Cruz and Trump, despite the fact the voters completely disagree. As hard as its going to be for Cruz, its impossible for Kasich.

I feel like Kasich has a better chance than Cruz, really. Cruz is almost just there to push the convention at this point. And then the big money comes in and picks who they want.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-04-22 12:13:47
Link | Citer | R

I feel like Kasich has a better chance than Cruz, really. Cruz is almost just there to push the convention at this point. And then the big money comes in and picks who they want.

I think Kasich is a better choice than Cruz in every conceivable way, and maybe he can have a good enough showing on Tuesday to actually move into second based on total number of votes. I haven't seen an update on total votes since before New York, but Kasich was about 3m votes behind Cruz. I don't know if he can make that up, but he will certainly narrow the margin.
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2016-04-22 12:14:23
Link | Citer | R

The Kasich proposition to the Republican leadership is this:

"Anyone can win you Tennessee. I can win you Ohio, and other battleground states, you know, the ones you actually need to win. The head to head polls prove that I'm your only chance to win in November. Nominate me, and I will bring you the White House."

That's why he's still in; until Trump clinches, he has a shot, and he's - from a how-do-we-win standpoint - their best possible candidate. Trump and Cruz have helped him tremendously, because their bombastic rhetoric has made him look like a moderate (which, no, he is not).
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-04-22 12:15:58
Link | Citer | R

I think we all understand what Kasich is doing, I just think it's funny how he remained there though compared to all others, cause it seemed a bit random.

NASCAR dad
What's a nascar dad?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-04-22 12:16:21
Link | Citer | R

"Anyone can win you Tennessee. I can win you Ohio, and other battleground states, you know, the ones you actually need to win. The head to head polls prove that I'm your only chance to win in November. Nominate me, and I will bring you the White House."

That's why he's still in; until Trump clinches, he has a shot, and he's - from a how-do-we-win standpoint - their best possible candidate. Trump and Cruz have helped him tremendously, because their bombastic rhetoric has made him look like a moderate (which, no, he is not).
I don't trust polls.

At least, not this far out of the general election. A poll in October has far more meaning than a poll in April.

Things can change, and Trump could possibly be considered a human by then, instead of a bag of hot air.
By Ramyrez 2016-04-22 12:16:29
Link | Citer | R

In THEORY, I'd think Trump would actually be the most moderate of the three and the least of the three evils.

But he's Donald Trump.

So in reality...I think all three are pretty awful and at least one of them is downright evil.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-04-22 12:17:46
Link | Citer | R

What's a nascar dad?

or

or my favorite

[+]
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2016-04-22 12:18:31
Link | Citer | R

I just think it's funny how he remained there though compared to all others

Oh, there are surely some behind-closed-doors assurances, there.

"Stick in it til the convention, and then we've got your back".

Also, posting impressive records in battleground states improve his chances of a VP nod (as a fall back plan), and you can't put up numbers in those states if you've dropped out. He's also refrained from taking shots at the other candidates, which isn't something all of them can say.

I expect Trump/Kasich to be the ticket, and for that ticket to lose to Clinton/Ke$ha.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-04-22 12:18:39
Link | Citer | R

Thats true, and we have talked about this before, thats why he is a great choice for a running mate, whereas Cruz is at the top of the ticket or off of it completely. The path for the GOP goes through Ohio, because I still don't see Clinton losing Florida to Trump.
By Ramyrez 2016-04-22 12:19:11
Link | Citer | R

I think we all understand what Kasich is doing, I just think it's funny how he remained there though compared to all others, cause it seemed a bit random.

NASCAR dad
What's a nascar dad?

The redneck equivelant of a soccer mom.

Basically what I described there.

A blue-collar worker with, generally speaking, a twelfth-grade education who enjoys cheap domestic beer, hunting, and believes in God in-so-far as he was told to and expects other people to do it too, but doesn't really care about it enough to go to church every week so long as no one thinks he's not Christian, he's okay.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 38 39 40