Random Politics & Religion #02

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #02
Random Politics & Religion #02
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 38 39 40
By Altimaomega 2016-04-21 20:45:51
Link | Citer | R

So do you realize you are chastising him for the exact thing you are doing?

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-04-21 21:21:20
Link | Citer | R

Normally an unquoted response is for the post above it.
By Altimaomega 2016-04-21 21:23:28
Link | Citer | R

I've noticed that around here people have problems keeping up with quoted posts.. So I guess it doesn't matter in the long run.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-04-21 21:25:02
Link | Citer | R

I disagree.
By Altimaomega 2016-04-21 21:29:09
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
I disagree.

With what post, I'm confused?

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-04-21 21:46:51
Link | Citer | R

Altimaomega said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
I disagree.

With what post, I'm confused?
That one by Chefblix on page 3, it was deleted though.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-04-21 22:34:04
Link | Citer | R

So do you realize you are chastising him for the exact thing you are doing?

No what I am really chastising him about is wasting his time writing lengthy dribble that meanders away from the point they initially attempt to make.

I'll help you out:

example.:

That was the incorrect response to addressing the idea being expressed in the post.

The idea that fiat currencies derive their value from the power of the issuing governments ability to tax is Neo-Keynesian which stems from Keynesian which stems Chartalism.

You might be familiar with it as Modern Monetary Theory, it is what is practiced today.

So to say taxes have jack ***to do with currency values is the same as declaring that you don't have a grasp of macroeconomics.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-04-21 22:54:04
Link | Citer | R

gonna have to hit quote to see its content, or use logic to figure out is Saevels last post... spoilers are still broken, apparently.
By Altimaomega 2016-04-21 23:25:32
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
gonna have to hit quote to see its content, or use logic to figure out is Saevels last post... spoilers are still broken, apparently.
The idea that fiat currencies derive their value from the power of the issuing governments ability to tax

So is gold cheaper or more expensive in other countries?
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-22 03:49:41
Link | Citer | R

The idea that fiat currencies derive their value from the power of the issuing governments ability to tax is Neo-Keynesian which stems from Keynesian which stems Chartalism.

No.

A governments ability to tax existed long before floating currencies existed. Long before the ability to many paper existed. A government can tax without needing a floating currency. They are two completely separate things. And before government issued paper currency you had letters of credit and transferable bank notes. Those notes would sometimes be sold for less then their stated value under the condition that they were only redeemable at a future date, aka bonds before we had bonds.

Floating currencies have value because they are a common currency used in place of barter. Their value is either protected by the government doing the issuing or some built in mechanism (bitcoin / lite-coin). The existence of non-government floating currencies disproves your previous statement.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-22 03:55:59
Link | Citer | R

So is gold cheaper or more expensive in other countries?

Gold, like everything else sold on an open market, has the value someone else is wiling to pay for it.

I deal in a lot of foreign currency exchanges due to where I live and having to travel around. The exchange rates are always going to be based on the amount of that currency available in circulation. In 2008 when the US economy crashed, USD became quite very rare on the open market and the exchange rate went up over 40% in a matter of months. My dollars were suddenly worth a helluva lot more on the open market, a situation that I took maximum advantage of. Many countries enacted measures to protect the value of their own currency, those measures caused economic problems years later.

There is nothing a government can do to stop a market crash once it starts, they can only delay it.
By Ramyrez 2016-04-22 07:11:53
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
We got funny names too anyway, I think they exist everywhere.

There's a town in Italy whose name translates as "Nicebutt".

From what I understand this is actually pretty accurately describes the only way many Italian men know how to relate to 50-55% of the world's population.
By Ramyrez 2016-04-22 07:16:24
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Magnus Ver Magnusson

Now this is what we need more of.

World Strongman competitions!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-04-22 08:11:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
No.

A governments ability to tax existed long before floating currencies existed. Long before the ability to many paper existed. A government can tax without needing a floating currency. They are two completely separate things. And before government issued paper currency you had letters of credit and transferable bank notes. Those notes would sometimes be sold for less then their stated value under the condition that they were only redeemable at a future date, aka bonds before we had bonds.

Thank you for the history lesson but that's got nothing to do with anything you are trying to step to. If you want to refute my point then you need to present an argument that dismantles the current practices of the central banks. Modern Monetary Theory is where you need to focus.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-04-22 08:19:55
Link | Citer | R

The value of money has more to do with trust of the value of money than it being a fiat currency.

It's called inflation, and has nothing to do with taxation. Taxation can remain stagnate (like it has been for the past 3 years) but the actual value (called purchasing power) of the currency depends on how much people can buy products with it.

Taxation and Inflation are two separate concepts. One determines the value of money (purchasing power) and the other is used to pay for the government's functions.

If you don't believe me, ask Zimbabwe about it's currencies. Or look up hyper-inflation.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-04-22 08:27:31
Link | Citer | R

Not that I don't believe you, you like Sav are demonstrating a very small understanding of how modern money systems works which is odd for someone who claims to be an accountant.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-04-22 08:31:39
Link | Citer | R

for someone who claims to be an accountant
I mean, an accountant is probably not the kind of fake profession one would pretend to be, it's not so exciting lol. I would believe him on that!
[+]
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-04-22 08:34:58
Link | Citer | R

Not that I don't believe you, you like Sav are demonstrating a very small understanding of how modern money systems works which is odd for someone who claims to be an accountant.

Accountancy != broader fiscal policy. You can be good at one and not the other.

Anyway, I stopped following this discussion a little bit ago, so I don't have any idea who's right, but KN's accountant chops are legit.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-04-22 08:36:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
axation and Inflation are two separate concepts. One determines the value of money (purchasing power) and the other is used to pay for the government's functions.

If you don't believe me, ask Zimbabwe about it's currencies. Or look up hyper-inflation.

Taxes does not create new money. Taxation is the returning of distributed money back to the distributor for the purpose of redistribution. If the money is not returned then the distributor is forced to create new money which in turn causes inflation lessening the value of the currency.

So when you want to pretend that taxes aren't tied into the value of fiat currencies and present the argument of it causing hyper inflation. You simply have it backwards.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-04-22 08:38:05
Link | Citer | R

KN seems like a legit accountant, but he also seems -- to me -- to be someone with limited first-hand experience with poor and/or blue-collar workers and he believes a lot of the negative stereotypes that are out there, much like he feels -- not without merit -- that I characterize all/most corporations as greedy entities looking to screw everyone but their shareholders.
[+]
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2016-04-22 08:52:28
Link | Citer | R

Hey guys, we should be monetizing this stuff:

http://usuncut.com/politics/clinton-super-pac-busted/
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-04-22 08:58:57
Link | Citer | R

Professional disinformers are unfortunately a known thing. And they exist in all fields.

But honestly how can you tell them apart from real trolls and just random people with a lot of time to waste online(like us!)

(I've often wondered if Saevel is one when he waltzes into climate change threads lol)
[+]
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2016-04-22 09:03:57
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Professional disinformers are unfortunately a known thing. And they exist in all fields.

But honestly how can you tell them apart from real trolls and just random people with a lot of time to waste online(like us!)

Well, sure. astroturfing has been around long before there was even an internet (or astroturf!).

What I'm saying is, the market's expanding, and we should get our cut of the action, that's all. GET PAID.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-04-22 09:07:13
Link | Citer | R

Like I mentioned before, I have unfortunately the kind of stupid morals that don't allow me to do something like that even if it paid diamond showers.
Trust me I do like money! But it seems that easy money always has a catch :(
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-04-22 09:38:35
Link | Citer | R

Taxes does not create new money. Taxation is the returning of distributed money back to the distributor for the purpose of redistribution. If the money is not returned then the distributor is forced to create new money which in turn causes inflation lessening the value of the currency.
Who's saying otherwise?

You are making the assumption that taxation creates or otherwise determines the value of money (or fiat currency if you want to keep using that term, it's basically the same thing).

Unless....you don't know what the term "fiat" means. Which, going by your argument, you don't. But that's another topic at hand.

You are attributing a collection process to value. That is absolutely false. Taxation can and has remain constant, while value of the money itself has changed, changes daily, and changes in either direction without any help of the government and/or it's taxing policies.

So when you want to pretend that taxes aren't tied into the value of fiat currencies and present the argument of it causing hyper inflation. You simply have it backwards.
That is not my argument at all. Stop creating strawmans to argue with.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-04-22 09:40:52
Link | Citer | R

Drama Torama said: »
Accountancy != broader fiscal policy.
Of course it isn't.

Accountancy is maintaining the status quo. Broader fiscal policy changes as the public demands or those in power wishes to sway more power for themselves.

All accountants do is record/report information and analyze said information and current laws.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-04-22 09:42:41
Link | Citer | R

Drama Torama said: »
Hey guys, we should be monetizing this stuff:

http://usuncut.com/politics/clinton-super-pac-busted/
What the real surprise is, where are the Republican paid social media professional communicators trolls?
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 38 39 40