Random Politics & Religion #02

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #02
Random Politics & Religion #02
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 38 39 40
By Altimaomega 2016-04-17 00:48:25
Link | Citer | R

Not even worth trying to have a conversation about this Saev. They obviously don't care and would rather poke fun and call names. These are intelligent people we are dealing with here remember!?!

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-04-17 01:10:02
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
It's weird how someone can be anti-abortion and think things like "the woman has no choice, it's a precious life in their hands so force them to have the baby."

and yet when be disgusted when someone suggests forcing vaccination.

You open up a dangerous road there for the opposite stance, though. Someone could just as easily say:

Quote:
It's weird how someone can be pro-abortion and think things like "the woman has a choice, it's their life in their hands so nobody should force them to have the baby."

and yet be totally okay with it when someone suggests forcing vaccination.

Sometimes it's best to not cross topics, because it seems like most people have views that contradict when trying to compare them broadly like that.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-04-17 01:10:33
Link | Citer | R

Yay abortion.. So much fun tonight..

So if people don't want to vaccinate lets just kill the child in the womb! Clean, effective, liberal paradise!

I think you're onto something here Jos!
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-04-17 01:11:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

The only difference is that you will be contagious for a day or less instead of a week. That will alter how many total infections, but it doesn't "protect the old / young / weak". If one of them comes into contact with a vaccinated yet infected person it's no different then if they come into contact with a unvaccinated person.

i don't think anyone is saying that there is any 100% shield against any disease, but how can you sit there and say something like "you'll be contagious for a day or less instead of a week" and act like that isn't a huuuuuge difference in the number of people you risk exposing?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-04-17 01:13:04
Link | Citer | R

meant to say these diseases instead of any ._.
By Altimaomega 2016-04-17 01:13:17
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
i don't think anyone is saying that there is any 100% shield against any disease,

Um.. Yea, they are. Sorry. Good try though!
By Altimaomega 2016-04-17 01:14:36
Link | Citer | R

we also force people to send their children to school though.
Do you hear people whining and bitching about that?
of course not. because they know it's for the best. for themselves and for society.

No, we don't...

Josiahkf said: »
you know I would never say or insinuate anything like that shush!
No but,
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Sometimes it's best to not cross topics
By Altimaomega 2016-04-17 01:15:24
Link | Citer | R

Especially since most people around here cannot follow them anyways.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-04-17 01:15:48
Link | Citer | R

Altimaomega said: »

Sorry.

apology accepted.

LOOK I DOES IT TOO!
By Altimaomega 2016-04-17 01:16:14
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
Altimaomega said: »

Sorry.

apology accepted.

LOOK I DOES IT TOO!

/slowclap
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-04-17 01:17:34
Link | Citer | R

we also force people to send their children to school though.
Do you hear people whining and bitching about that?
of course not. because they know it's for the best. for themselves and for society.

Again, opening up more problems. What's "best for themselves and society" is often extremely subjective, and therefore using that as a blanket excuse to force things on people can have unintended consequences. I'm very pro-vaccination, but you're trying to simplify this with analogous references and it doesn't work.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-04-17 01:43:28
Link | Citer | R

Not surprised you fail to realize it's not bait and an actual observation of the past 2 pages.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2016-04-17 03:12:32
Link | Citer | R

I seem to recall someone around here describing himself as a "pragmatist". Wouldn't it be funny if all of a sudden this person started arguing purely based off principle?

Bonus points if this person's doing it while demonstrating a healthy heap of confirmation bias when citing scientific sources.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-04-17 03:35:13
Link | Citer | R

hypothetical nonsense time! say there is a disease that my 5 year old can't be immunized against but an adult can would it be self defense if my daughter shot someone with said disease if they came toward her?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-04-17 04:54:31
Link | Citer | R

*backreads*

Ya know, going online and pretending to be smart by making neatly worded posts despite an actual lack of knowledge on a subject, it only works if there aren't people around who actually know the subject in question.
Stop pretending to be an expert of everything and step back, you really aren't, you only make an impression on less knowledgeable people, and I don't know how good that can make you feel about yourself.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-04-17 07:29:21
Link | Citer | R

Finally a note on doctors and the Hippocratic Oath. That oath requires all doctors to do no harm. That means they can't consciously choose an action that would result in harm being down to a patient or to the population in general.

This oath extends to lying. If telling the truth would result in possibly death or injury to a patient or to the general population, the doctor is required to withhold that truth. I'm not making this up, it's an actual question on their exams.

Quote:
If the patient is a women with a child, and during a routine blood test you discover the child could not be biologically related to the stated father, should the doctor inform the man that he is not the biological father? Should the doctor answer truthfully if the stated father inquires?

The answer to both is no. The reason is because informing the stated father could result in him abandoning the women and child, or inflicting harm upon them. The doctor must either refuse the answer the question with "patient confidentiality" or flat out lie, unless he's given permission from the mother to disclose this information.

So before anyone starts quoting "well doctor so and so said X", remember they required to lie to protect the population at large. Encouraging vaccinations does this, as a vaccinated person is in a better position to fight off virus's then a non-vaccinated person. Anything that would discourage vaccinations could be in violation of that oath.
Wow, so we're all a bunch of liers.

Is this your personal interpretation, or did you read this somewhere? Because I find it funny that you always speak up against conspiracy theories, but what you just described could qualify as one.
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-17 07:32:02
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
I seem to recall someone around here describing himself as a "pragmatist". Wouldn't it be funny if all of a sudden this person started arguing purely based off principle?

There is a line one doesn't cross and this is it. Preemptively taking away someones free will out of fear is morally reprehensible. It's akin to rape, or putting someone in jail because they are statistically likely commit a crime.

Seriously it's no different then gathering up all the young impoverished children from single parent households and putting them in prison for life because they are the highest category to commit crime. Doing this would most certainly lower the crime rare, but the moral costs to the society would far outweigh the benefits.

And using some great unthinkable punishment is just as bad. If I put a gun to your head and tell you to give me your money, are you doing so out of free will? How different is it if I put a gun to your head and tell you to get vaccinated or get your children vaccinated?

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
hypothetical nonsense time! say there is a disease that my 5 year old can't be immunized against but an adult can would it be self defense if my daughter shot someone with said disease if they came toward her?

No because it's preemptive and that individual hasn't demonstrated intent to harm. She, or yourself, would be guilty of first degree murder.

Justified Homicide is an actual legal concept, that has a long history and many arguments.

And in actuality she has far more to fear from you then any stranger walking the streets.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-04-17 07:35:51
Link | Citer | R

Now remember I fully support vaccinations. I don't support deliberate misinformation and fear spreading to achieve that goal. And I most certainly, without a doubt, do not support preemptively taking away a persons free will. Forcing people to get vaccinations, without their consent, is the same as rape. All the other methods to achieve the same end are just as bad.
Uh, welcome to human societies. There's no such thing as a truly "free" society. The general rule that we could agree upon is that, if an action/inaction of an individual visibly hurts others, said society will force all its individuals to avoid said action/inaction. So let's not play the "free society" card when it comes to vaccination.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-17 07:38:55
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Is this your personal interpretation, or did you read this somewhere? Because I find it funny that you always speak up against conspiracy theories, but what you just described could qualify as one.

That is a question from a medical exam on ethics that all medical doctors are required to pass. The question takes many forms but always comes down to a moral question regarding withholding or denying information if it's dangerous.

Furthermore there has been a ***ton of debate regarding the ethics of lying in the medical community. The result of which is that the requirement for a doctor to do no harm is greater then the requirement of the doctor to be honest.

This isn't a conspiracy because it's not being hidden. It's out in the open for anyone to find out about. Especially as several paternity cases have revolved around this exact situation. Husband and wife bring child to doctor for basic check ups, the doctor checks the blood type and notices that it's impossible for the husband to be the biological father. The husband believes he is the biological father. Should the doctor inform him the child isn't biologically his? If he does he could lose his medical license.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-04-17 07:39:26
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
*backreads*

Ya know, going online and pretending to be smart by making neatly worded posts despite an actual lack of knowledge on a subject, it only works if there aren't people around who actually know the subject in question.
Stop pretending to be an expert of everything and step back, you really aren't, you only make an impression on less knowledgeable people, and I don't know how good that can make you feel about yourself.
That's the core problem of heated internet boards: everyone is an armchair expert on everything being discussed.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-17 07:40:28
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Now remember I fully support vaccinations. I don't support deliberate misinformation and fear spreading to achieve that goal. And I most certainly, without a doubt, do not support preemptively taking away a persons free will. Forcing people to get vaccinations, without their consent, is the same as rape. All the other methods to achieve the same end are just as bad.
Uh, welcome to human societies. There's no such thing as a truly "free" society. The general rule that we could agree upon is that, if an action/inaction of an individual visibly hurts others, said society will force all its individuals to avoid said action/inaction. So let's not play the "free society" card when it comes to vaccination.

Now your just being obtuse.

The key word is preemptive.

It's morally reprehensible to preemptively take away free will and forcibly vaccinate someone against their will. It is no different the rape.
By Pantafernando 2016-04-17 07:57:39
Link | Citer | R

Sunday, 04/17/2016.

Brasil first great battle against the populism/corruption/the lie.

Dilmas first impeachment voting.

Enough of those unqualified people destroying this country just to perpetuate their powers.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-04-17 08:08:34
Link | Citer | R

I wish we could force my state's governor to resign. She's a hypocrite, a homophone, and not 420 friendly. She also allows ***like...

...this. This is a trailer parked on the grounds of the Oklahoma Governor's mansion that her daughter was living in. I'll let you figure out why Oklahomans had an issue with it.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-04-17 08:42:59
Link | Citer | R

Surprised they don't take issue with the shitty landscaping.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-04-17 08:51:18
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Surprised they don't take issue with the shitty landscaping.
I think it's a maintenance area. The main thing was that it represents Oklahoma badly since other states think we're all trailer trash (the daughter looks like she is BTW) but it was eventually removed because it violates housing and zoning regulations in the area.

Here's the funny thing; at the time this was going on, the daughter was 28 and was said to be living there with her husband and one of her husband's adult sons. So, that means the son is either over 18 or over 21...and his stepmother is 28. #OklahomaIsOK!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 38 39 40