Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-02-20 12:26:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tamoa said: »
Asura.Cyleena said: »
Ironguy/Iarumas for being the most dedicated and outstanding sam I've ever played with.

Kryshna for being the best brd I've ever played with and one of the very few whms I trust to do their job. On top of that, also one of the nicest people I've met in this game.

Demetrios (shellholder of Nirvana on Pandemonium) for being pretty much the best pld I've seen in action.

Moody - badass blm!

Renzy for being good at all the jobs he played - and such a great person.

Dajociont, best war.

There's a LOT of other people that I consider good players too, but these are the ones that stand out to me and that I've actually played with at some point.

Ohhhh Tamoa you left Sano out of the list but included Moody. Someone going to get jealous! :P

Heh, you know, I feel like I can edit that list over and over and it would never be just right. I mean, I know Sano is a great cor, and we've done a lot of stuff in game together but he was very rarely on cor, you know?

A list like this is almost impossible to put together. There's the old era XI and the new era XI, what required skill back in 2009 isn't the same that required skill today, and almost anything can be soloed. There are people I know that are good players, but I haven't really done enough in game with them or known them long enough to actually witness it first hand. There are lots of people I think very highly of (you included), and I actually somewhat regret posting in this thread now, lol. It's impossible to make the list right without making it a very long list. :/

I totally agree Tam. This day and age it is so much easier to get jobs leveled, geared, mythics done, etc compared to back in the old days on ffxi when cap was level 75, etc.

Anyone can run around with the best gear and weapons but still have no or little skill. Abyssea totally took away from some people actually knowing their jobs because so many people Abyssea burned all their jobs to 99 just cause they could without learning all of the skills required to play them. I will never forget the time about 3 years ago I came across a thief in a pug run who was told to SATA, and he did not even know what that was. There have been numerous other stories of sch not knowing what embrava was, etc. Back in the good old days when you had to get in actual experience parties to level you at least got to play the job and learn what it does, and how to play it.

Btw Tam there is some people I think highly of as well, and I count you as one of them too. My LS does as well, and they talk about you from time to time about how much you been missed.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Taberif
Serveur: Odin
user: Taberif
By Odin.Taberif 2016-02-20 12:29:47
Link | Citer | R

Ironguy/Iarumas for being the most dedicated and outstanding sam I've ever played with.

Kryshna for being the best brd I've ever played with and one of the very few whms I trust to do their job. On top of that, also one of the nicest people I've met in this game.

Demetrios (shellholder of Nirvana on Pandemonium) for being pretty much the best pld I've seen in action.

Moody - badass blm!

Renzy for being good at all the jobs he played - and such a great person.

Dajociont, best war.

There's a LOT of other people that I consider good players too, but these are the ones that stand out to me and that I've actually played with at some point.

Ohhhh Tamoa you left Sano out of the list but included Moody. Someone going to get jealous! :P

Heh, you know, I feel like I can edit that list over and over and it would never be just right. I mean, I know Sano is a great cor, and we've done a lot of stuff in game together but he was very rarely on cor, you know?

A list like this is almost impossible to put together. There's the old era XI and the new era XI, what required skill back in 2009 isn't the same that required skill today, and almost anything can be soloed. There are people I know that are good players, but I haven't really done enough in game with them or known them long enough to actually witness it first hand. There are lots of people I think very highly of (you included), and I actually somewhat regret posting in this thread now, lol. It's impossible to make the list right without making it a very long list. :/

I totally agree Tam. This day and age it is so much easier to get jobs leveled, geared, mythics done, etc compared to back in the old days on ffxi when cap was level 75, etc.

Anyone can run around with the best gear and weapons but still have no or little skill. Abyssea totally took away from some people actually knowing their jobs because so many people Abyssea burned all their jobs to 99 just cause they could without learning all of the skills required to play them. I will never forget the time about 3 years ago I came across a thief in a pug run who was told to SATA, and he did not even know what that was. There have been numerous other stories of sch not knowing what embrava was, etc. Back in the good old days when you had to get in actual experience parties to level you at least got to play the job and learn what it does, and how to play it.

Btw Tam there is some people I think highly of as well, and I count you as one of them too. My LS does as well, and they talk about you from time to time about how much you been missed.

skill is still as it always has been a combination of speed(reaction time) ....gear.... and knowledge.

You had to be alot more clever because the game was slower back then, now you need reaction speed more
[+]
 Carbuncle.Rasalgethi
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Hercule
By Carbuncle.Rasalgethi 2016-02-20 12:30:38
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Taberif said: »
lol mada use to be in my ls on midgard

Ah, he still play? What his new name?

Just lol look at this

YouTube Video Placeholder

This video alone represent how the guy is lol

I imagine him wakeup a morning and say "hey i will make a video with 4096 replica of me on youtube!"
 Bahamut.Kornrod
Serveur: Bahamut
user: kornrod
By Bahamut.Kornrod 2016-02-20 12:32:44
Link | Citer | R

birdhair
 Cerberus.Conagh
Serveur: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2016-02-20 12:35:40
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Conagh was voted second most helpful person on ffxiah in 2015 so that should hold heavy weight in everything, even his divorce proceedings.

My Wife read this and was like "why are you divorcing me?!". Well played, well played...
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2016-02-20 13:26:55
Link | Citer | R

Checked the whole thread, not one mention of me!
I won many parses though the years, that should automatically make me one of the best!
Because good dps = good player, right?
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2016-02-20 13:35:08
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Taberif said: »

skill is still as it always has been a combination of speed(reaction time) ....gear.... and knowledge.

You had to be alot more clever because the game was slower back then, now you need reaction speed more

I like to test my reaction speed with how fast I can run to the door, grab my pizza, not trip over my spazzed out dog, and run back before I need to do something to the NM.
[+]
By maldini 2016-02-20 14:16:48
Link | Citer | R

not skimming through 9 pages but I hope Sonix founder of Poisoned on Diabolos was mentioned somewhere in this mix.

Also from Diabolos Mesiah, from MirageBrigade - best JP LS back in the day.

Edwardtheblack mentioned anywhere in here?

#1 has got to be:

Kom - so much POWA!!! I give it up to this dude as the single most influential player in FFXI history. Thanks to him, many of you never saw a ridill, or an E.body, or pretty much anything he didn't want you to have. Put Excellence out of business, put KoNtinue out of business, put that ALL of hades HNMLS's out of business when the servers merged.

Honoroble mentions:

-Sagaxxxxxx (Diabolos) - Goldsmithing 100 back when people were doing valkrum dunes

-Kakashi (Hades) - zero drama, mastered every job at 75 and taught many others the basics, solid player and no drama.

-Cli (Hades) - great tank, great motivator, carried 75% of an entire LS to be rivals to Stan's excellence.

-Delonge (Hades) - the best tank ever

-Richardd (Hades)- funniest player there was.

-Aviator
(Diabolos) - PJ's original tank. Good guy, kinda whiney sometimes though.

-Blackomega (Hades) - the guy who carried the other 25% of AS

- Djevik - the original dicator/nazi raid leader. This dude is so bad *** he once broke Einherjar with his CAPS SHOUTING IN LS CHAT

-Timothy (Diabolos) - Will always be Sonix's bi_ch

-Yugl (Diabolos - before he became a number cruncher he was even cooler)

-DarkSaiko and Cursed (Hades) - I loved watching these two's linkshells MPK each other for 4 years - culminated with them fighting each other in ballista 1vs1 as ninja's in identical gear, in front of their linkshells. That was the first and only time i've ever seen a draw and 2 double KO's back-to-back in ballista.

-Lynsy (Hades) who remembers that audio recording? If you do you know why she deserves a spot on this list rofl

Rukenshin - broke the game. Every none JP Samurai is basically a Rukenshin Bandwagoner.

Stanislav - approached this game like Stalin approached ruling an empire. Well done stan, glad you grew up kid.

Hitokori - the original sand ninja. Brought an army of UAE's to Hades and introduced MPK, Chaos, and cut-throat tactics to claim HNMs only to have his people wipe.

Gulkeeva - need not say more. If you don't know who this is, you were never really here to begin with.

Maury - thanks for the bots and claims yo.sorry you got sued.

ninja Edit: I forgot wopa - woops. Who else had an Aegis as a 4th relic with their PLD at lvl 40 back in 2007?

If these names weren't mentioned then this list is just fail.
[+]
 Cerberus.Midgitis
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2016-02-20 14:17:56
Link | Citer | R

maldini said: »
-Richardd (Hades)- funniest player there was.

100% agree with this. Hit 75 together with his thf and my blm best times ever.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dubai
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-02-20 14:43:31
Link | Citer | R

Not in order:

Maximuss

Worldx(Bahamut's finest, had armada Ebody and ridill and Relic Scythe back in 2004-2005?) - He inspired OrderofBlueGartr.

Bee(Worldx's gf/wife, had Dalmatica+1)

Phaded

Foresta
[+]
By maldini 2016-02-20 14:47:40
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dubai said: »
Not in order:

Maximuss

Worldx(Bahamut's finest, had armada Ebody and ridill and Relic Scythe back in 2004-2005?) - He inspired OrderofBlueGartr.

Bee(Worldx's gf/wife, had Dalmatica+1)

Phaded

Foresta

You should be on someone's list too Dubai. You were a great Ninja back in the day. It was always hard to MPK you on Aspid.

And WorldX,SekaiX- of course - how could anyone forget. KC Adamantoise original.
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2016-02-20 14:57:21
Link | Citer | R

Did nobody tell you I reactivated? ;) However, still feeling meh about the game. I'd like to afterglow my Koga, cap job points on sam and finish Aegis though, before I quit/take a break again, lol.
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-02-20 15:01:15
Link | Citer | R

Did nobody tell you I reactivated? ;) However, still feeling meh about the game. I'd like to afterglow my Koga, cap job points on sam and finish Aegis though, before I quit/take a break again, lol.

Yeah Sano actually mentioned it in ls that you were back, and Lew said he saw it on gw since he on your fl on there, which I am not on there for some reason :(. Enjoy the game while you back though. :)
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2016-02-20 15:13:33
Link | Citer | R

This thread is rly cute
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-20 21:15:09
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I nominate Failaras

Why?

Best every job ever.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By CHENGMIKEY 2016-02-20 21:28:55
Link | Citer | R

Page 4 worldx and edwardtheblack. But they are old school ppls
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-02-20 21:40:12
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
What a nice cardian.

Queen of Batons is what my ls members call me. lol. Long story short I run a EU endgame LS on Asura. Sechs one of my officers gave me a Queen of Batons card, and gave me the nickname I guess cause I lead the soldiers (my ls members) into battle. So the nickname Queen of Batons kinda stuck with me. Silly Sechs <3.
[+]
 Asura.Keja
user: Cleric
By Asura.Keja 2016-02-20 21:54:27
Link | Citer | R

Wopadobop!
Lemming!
Davricle
Draylo
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-20 22:10:19
Link | Citer | R

Page 9 and this hasn't devolved into a Poo fling fest yet. I am shocked and appalled by the calmness and lack of butthurt in this thread!

[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-02-20 22:44:15
Link | Citer | R

You silly kids and your popularity contests. This is a video game, go be influential in your real-life so people remember you for you and not some video game character that no one will even remember in 5 years.
[+]
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-02-20 23:12:54
Link | Citer | R

I think the idea of the thread was a nice concept!

Personally, I have played with way too many fantastic players to make a normal list length.

Hahahaha
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2016-02-21 02:30:07
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Slyshen said: »
You silly kids and your popularity contests. This is a video game, go be influential in your real-life so people remember you for you and not some video game character that no one will even remember in 5 years.

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 17 18 19