SCH vs. BLM
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11
 Bahamut.Rydiya
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-09-03 23:09:30
Link | Citer | R

Yes, yes, I know Ghlin.. Unfourtanatly, no one wants a SCH/DRK over RDM/DRK.. understandably though.
 Bahamut.Jaybess
By Bahamut.Jaybess 2009-09-03 23:11:11
Link | Citer | R

no if u wanted 2 really makje things interesting SE should lower ABO-int from 39 to 37..... heheh AoE ABO-int..... not going 2 lie i can see 170+ int lol
 Bahamut.Rydiya
user: Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-09-03 23:12:39
Link | Citer | R

Dude, work out of the super-int build into one built more for hnms and resists.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-03 23:19:39
Link | Citer | R

Ghlin said:
I'm about to mess with all of your minds...

SCH/DRK has Stun!

User submitted image
 Garuda.Antipika
Serveur: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-03 23:22:09
Link | Citer | R

Also I'll add that any mage is free to use meds when you're an extreme situation that require MP. Now that we have satchel I always have a couple of Hi-Elixir and Elixir on me, if the situation require it, I just use one. That's almost +700MP in 10 seconds.

It costs money ? Yeah and ? Some people just invest 180M into a relic. BLM doesn't have to make such investment since their relic sux, so why not spending couple millions into meds ? Even if you use let's say 5 Hi-elixir a week (which is a lot already, I personally use 0~3), that's 100K/week, 5M for a year, let's say 10M until we're all gone to play FF XIV. What's 10M for someone who's already well geared ? Nothing. Not even a gaiters pairs or a novio earring. Not even a salvage body.

Yeah satchel made the game really easy, now any hard fight can be done "easily" with meds.
 Bahamut.Jaybess
By Bahamut.Jaybess 2009-09-03 23:23:20
Link | Citer | R

User submitted image
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-03 23:30:38
Link | Citer | R

I'd rather mine, at least it's cute and it got bullets <3 Lily white.

User submitted image
 Ifrit.Jurai
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-09-03 23:36:31
Link | Citer | R

I think whichever one is the most fun to the person playing is the best.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-03 23:37:57
Link | Citer | R

Jurai said:
I think whichever one is the most fun to the person playing is the best.
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-03 23:41:15
Link | Citer | R

Antipika said:
Tell us what your SCH can do that a BLM can't do.

Antipika said:
Dirtyfinger said:
they are both 2 different jobs which well.. are better in different situations

Well sadly people have a hard time understanding that.

Antipika said:

Protip : I only care about solo / low man situations (< 6), otherwise for alliance situations we always have someone who can switch job so sch or blm debate is irrelevant.

Antipika said:
To be honest BLM in dynamis is really needed

Damn Anti, you're just a walking contradiction aren't you?
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-03 23:43:23
Link | Citer | R

The last 2 are not a contradiction. And the first 2 are barely.
 Pandemonium.Vincevalentine
Serveur: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Vincevalentine 2009-09-04 00:11:07
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Hypnotizd said:
Vincevalentine said:
You are wrong there. Ebullience makes a Bliz IV from a decent SCH do over 1600. Can any normal BLM do that? I doubt it.

User submitted image

That wasn't with max damage build either.

Missed this from a while back, what were you missing? I'm curious. It couldn't have been much. Spirit Lantern is the only thing I could imagine not being active.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-04 00:22:56
Link | Citer | R

Enternius said:

Damn Anti, you're just a walking contradiction aren't you?

Nothing contradictory in there. But you're the one telling us how your SCH is awesome and talking about theoretical stuff without even attempting to talk about real in game case. Because an excel chart != what you can do in game. Not to mention that you use someone else work in order to justify your position which is just wrong. As for Dynamis, BLM are needed, but it's not a must have, that's why I don't really care to hear about how your SCH is good in dynamis. Especially since like 90% of players are stuck doing cities and barely dreamland w/ Tav.

Also you forgot to quote :

"PS : my questions are all rhetorical questions." Meaning that I'm not expecting you to answer these since I already know the answer. I perfectly know the situation where "I wish I would be SCH".

---

Difference between you and me is that I use my personal experience to make my statement, I'm fairly aware of situations where my BLM is just weak against SCH, and situation where a SCH wouldn't be able to keep up with my BLM. I don't extrapolate theoretical facts without running tests on the field first. I'm not a blind fanboy who will says BLM > * no matter what. And me only having BLM leveled doesn't change that fact.

And don't get me wrong, I also love charts, numbers, calculating stuff, and so on, but for only one purpose : to apply it later in game and see how it goes, if it makes a real difference, if it enables me to do things that I wasn't able to do before (or if it raise my success rate on some fight where I wouldn't win 100%).

Finally you demonstrated your ignorance in yours firsts posts anyway, shouldn't have read you atfer seeing this :

Enternius said:
Well let's take it this way. Pros BLM vs. SCH.

BLM:
-AMII spells.
-Um...
-Hm...

Just prove how narrow minded you are. (and you're being called narrow minded by someone with only BLM leveled).

It's 8AM in here, going to sleep, have fun playing Microsoft Final Excel Fantasy XI.

Quote:
Missed this from a while back, what were you missing? I'm curious. It couldn't have been much. Spirit Lantern is the only thing I could imagine not being active.

Being taru ;)
[+]
 Asura.Chexmix
Serveur: Asura
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2009-09-04 01:13:37
Link | Citer | R

User submitted image
 Seraph.Bigheadkitty
Serveur: Seraph
By Seraph.Bigheadkitty 2009-09-04 01:39:26
Link | Citer | R

Best thing ever. SE never releases anything past CoP. Remeber the days when you actually had to sort of know how to play a job and party well together to get xp. Skillchain and magicburst, hmm what are those. Maybe instead we can all hit auto attack and do a WS every 6 hits or so on something with wings for at least 25 levels. Then we all wonder why we are trying to kill a higher end mob and half the people dont know wtf to do. SCH vs BLM its like anythng else if the player sucks the job sucks. And resist by far make the biggest impact in this debate. Today on a simple ZNM SCH Tier 4 nukes for 65 damage on a consistent basis then the BLM 1000+ most of the time. All situations are different show me some pics of a SCH nuking Kirin for 1500+ consistently. Or show me a BLM as main healer as well as a nuker. It's all relevant to the event or situation. LMAO this is alot of rambling and I dont care if you flame me or not becuase in real life none of you really matter one bit or have any impact or major influence on my life. LOL its also a wall of text thats poorly constructed for a reason and that reason is to piss someone off who has no life outside of a fake world created by SE. That or an English major ad instead of reading this you should be busy teaching:)
PS. I love posts about walls of text those are the best.
 Sylph.Osmodomniar
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Osmodomniar 2009-09-04 01:49:27
Link | Citer | R

Dirtyfinger said:
might aswell have batman vs superman lol.

>.> Everyone knows Superman is superior to Batman.

Anyway. The way I see it, if you're asking "Who can deal the most damage with a single nuke, given they are both the same race, have maxed out merits in the best places, have the best possible gear imaginable for their respective jobs, and are casting the same spell on the same monster under the perfect conditions?" chances are it's gonna be the BLM. I haven't read all of the posts here (a lot of them, but not ALL of them), but I doubt you're gonna get someone saying "SCH will outdamage BLM the majority of the time." That would just be silly, if SCH could out-damage, even match the damage, of a BLM the majority of the time, because BLM would almost be completely obsolete. (Not taking AMII into account, because that ***'s just crazy.)

But if you're asking "What is, overall, the best job between the two?" SCH would win hands-down, for the simple fact that they can hold their own when it comes to nuking, but also that they can heal, for Christ's sake.

I think I'm rambling... I'll cut to the chase, before I start contradicting myself. >.>

Basically, it all comes down to how you define "the best". If you're comparing simply BLM against SCH, take away subs and give them the "best" gear for their jobs. Now have them both cast the same nuke on the same monster. Chances are, the BLM is going to out-damage the SCH the majority of the time. In that respect, BLM is "the best". Now have them heal a party...oops! Since we're comparing solely BLM vs SCH, SCH takes the cake there, since they can heal without a sub present. So in that respect, SCH is "the best". Technically, overall, SCH is the "better" job, considering it's more versatile. However, BLM will probably deal more damage per nuke.

I have BLM leveled, and from what I can tell, in my experiences, I generally do more damage than them. (Let me quick play the role of the d-bag SCH reading this: "lol wut gimp SCH do u play with i deal over 90000 damage with fire 3 on nidhogg." Okay, back to my point.) However, SCH heal roughly 8000% more HP than I do. It's a give-take.

If you disagree with anything I've said, I don't really give a ***, so don't think you'll get a rise out of me by "flaming" me. However, I do welcome genuine, preferably well-punctuated and well-thought-out opinions on the matter.

(Again, I said earlier, I didn't read every post, so I don't know if exactly this was addressed, but it's like three in the morning and that's four pages of what I can only assume is "BLM is better" and "No, SCH is better" and "No, BLM is better." and "No, SCH is better.")
[+]
 Pandemonium.Vincevalentine
Serveur: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Vincevalentine 2009-09-04 02:50:21
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Antipika said:

Quote:

Being taru ;)

Eh, maybe. I'll have to finish my potency merits to see what I do there. I'm only hume, but was pulling 1522 at 74 with everything I have with Bliz IV. A SCH the next day was doing over 1650 without day bonus if I remember correctly, thus what my original comment was based off of.
 Valefor.Marylyn
Serveur: Valefor
user: Marylyn
By Valefor.Marylyn 2009-09-04 04:17:02
Link | Citer | R

Just did 1776 as Sch w/ Thunder IV on Pudding. Will post ss later :P
 Fairy.Ninelives
Serveur: Fairy
user: Ninelives
By Fairy.Ninelives 2009-09-04 05:22:17
Link | Citer | R

Nightfyre said:
Jesus *** Christ on a pogo stick, this ***again?

BLM has higher damage per nuke and Stun. SCH has MP efficiency. Utilize whichever is more appropriate for the given situation. Other benefits included but not mentioned, see above.

Lock thread please.
 Unicorn.Uematsu
Serveur: Unicorn
user: uematsi
By Unicorn.Uematsu 2009-09-04 05:39:36
Link | Citer | R

Nightfyre said:
Jesus *** Christ on a pogo stick, this ***again?

BLM has higher damage per nuke and Stun. SCH has MP efficiency. Utilize whichever is more appropriate for the given situation. Other benefits included but not mentioned, see above.

Lock thread please.

Lock yourself in the basement, and slit your throat.

OH, and have a good day :)
 Unicorn.Uematsu
By Unicorn.Uematsu 2009-09-04 05:41:30
Link | Citer | R

Dasva said:
Alyssah said:
I'm 75 SCH and BLM.
I say SCH, with the right INT gear and Elemental Skill + gear you can easily outDD a BLM and ontop of that you have sublimation parsimony Ebbuliance and all that stuff.
I would say SCH for sure.
Much easier to take to 75 too.
You also have great buffs and everything.
So sch.

Easier to take to 75? Guess you weren't 1 hitting pets solo on blm lvling it...

First! Bless you for saying what i was thinking
 Unicorn.Uematsu
By Unicorn.Uematsu 2009-09-04 05:42:14
Link | Citer | R

Marylyn said:
I have both Sch and Blm as well. I easily outnuke most well geared blms and it's easier to do so on sch then on blm. Only 3 things Blm has over sch~ AMII, -gas(nukes), & stun. Thing w/ Sch is that when played, it's usually more efficient to do more then just nuke such as aoe buffs etc so really it's never a 100% dark arts job unless you're soloing.

SS please. I call BS
 Unicorn.Uematsu
By Unicorn.Uematsu 2009-09-04 05:43:31
Link | Citer | R

Enternius said:
Marylyn said:
unless you're soloing.

And SCH can even do that better. c.c

Sorta, for instance puddings.. BLM

Brass Borer,.. Sch
 Unicorn.Uematsu
By Unicorn.Uematsu 2009-09-04 05:45:41
Link | Citer | R

Enternius said:
Dasva said:
Lol clearly you haven't been 1hitting pets... I netted over 24k an hour consistently thru out the 60s until I had to move away from pets

Not only is that mathematically impossible (considering 250 exp is the cap for exp per mob, and respawn time is 1 minute, 30 seconds, equating to roughly 11,250 exp per hour MAX if you never had to heal and if mobs were never in awkward positions (Of course, this isn't accounting for chains which give roughly a 15% bonus to exp over time)), but even if you DO take BLM to 75, you get stuck with Mount Zhayolm manaburns which are NEVER over 10k per hour.

False, at 60 can get 400 no ring. mid 60's maybe even 500. and respawn is 1m+ sometimes 1.30 sometimes 1.05
 Unicorn.Uematsu
By Unicorn.Uematsu 2009-09-04 05:49:08
Link | Citer | R

Vincevalentine said:
Dasva said:
I netted over 24k an hour consistently thru out the 60s until I had to move away from pets

Yeah, this is clearly bullcrap. The best camp I had was Pso'xja, which was netting me about 12k/hr with band. And yes, I was 1-shotting every time, consistent chain 5. Please don't make me cast Barbullshit on you.

Sir... pso xja is level 50's he said 60's, and that camp is mad xp. when i did it i got 33k in 1 hr. used anni band tho, so do math. 24k yup, believe it
 Unicorn.Uematsu
By Unicorn.Uematsu 2009-09-04 05:54:01
Link | Citer | R

Vincevalentine said:
Aliceisback said:
Honestly think of pudding camps you can run around JAing aggroing everything there to still do less dmg...

You are wrong there. Ebullience makes a Bliz IV from a decent SCH do over 1600. Can any normal BLM do that? I doubt it. I just hit 75, but at 74 with day bonus from Obi, AF2 legs, Ugly pendant, and Sorc. Ring, I was doing 1522 at puddings with Blizzard IV. SCH can do more damage on those, without a doubt.

And yes, I realize we have AMII, and SCH does not. However, with SCH's MP efficiency, they are a beast. This thread should say to level the one that suits you best, because you can basically think of SCH as many have said, a "Jack of all trades, and master of none." Just level what you want.

My bliz4 no obi does 2200~ to puds.. so ya i think so. put your scythe to use and stop talking blm
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-04 05:54:35
Link | Citer | R

Uematsu said:
Sir... pso xja is level 50's he said 60's, and that camp is mad xp. when i did it i got 33k in 1 hr. used anni band tho, so do math. 24k yup, believe it

I hope you realize that 33000/2 isn't 24000.

That's 16k exp per hour.
 Unicorn.Uematsu
By Unicorn.Uematsu 2009-09-04 05:59:37
Link | Citer | R

[quote=Enternius]

Honestly I've only been 75 SCH for about a month now and have barely had time to work on it since I'm more concerned with crafting and getting my Maat's Cap, but I'll try to get a screenshot of Pudding damage later today.

For reals... 1 month and your spouting this ***.. dude i got 4 years of blm AND lvl 67 sch and i know, KNOW blm wins in the art of damage.

SCH wins in the art of not being a blm.
 Unicorn.Uematsu
By Unicorn.Uematsu 2009-09-04 06:10:24
Link | Citer | R

Antipika said:
Dirtyfinger said:
ahh yet another thread which cannot be answered, they are both 2 different jobs which well.. are better in different situations (SE made them this way).

nobody will give in as to which side is better as we've seen time and time again, most threads just die out in time eventually and everyone just looks HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and non the wiser from their own personal views.

might aswell have batman vs superman lol.

Well sadly people have a hard time understanding that.

Opposing SCH and BLM is not stupid, as long as you don't expect a [BLM wins] or [SCH wins] answer.

Nuke! BLM wins

Heal! Sch wins
 Unicorn.Uematsu
By Unicorn.Uematsu 2009-09-04 06:13:26
Link | Citer | R

Jaybess said:
i am sorry but wtf, u have blm M robs bashing sch's really wtf..... give sch M robe and see what happens really.. SCH doesnt get thos items cuz if they did they would break the game. whiles were at it rdm bears blm cuz u can refresh,

lol all in all 1 major factor stopping sch own blm and that is the lack of gear sch has since its a new job!.

give sch M robe/set,give sch weskit then see how its dmg is.

the best way is for some1 with sch AND blm 75 0 merits on both jobs with the SAME! gaar on the same day nuking

100 nukes of 1 spell and take the average from both jobs and see who does better dmg

all nice saying "what if" but untill blm can aspirGA in dynamis i will lets u guys "rest" since u drain ur mp pool in 3-4 nukes( depending on race)

all in all there are to much lolblms due to burn partys THATS the main reason blms are getting bashed

for events like dynamis "really" sch is the best jobs hands down, 5DD 1brd group just took a beatting with 2 back to back AoE TP move no fear AoE cure 4 cross party bk in2 dark arts bobs ur uncle

before kids start bashing ooo the mnks they need stuns >< no they dont ur ls sucks at killing them, and well sleeping mobs.... have 1 blm/sch in the mix for when u want 2 stacvk sleepga with sleepga ii sorted 3sch/blm 2sch/rdm 1brd will make 5 blm/rdm 1 brd look SO bad its a joke

until sch gets EG+ gear like M robe for itself the subject is stupid

On that note Sch will have weskit and Mset, THEN b;lm will have weather and full time obi..

OK SO WHO WINS?.... its Obvious, NOT YOU, /welcome the fail cause you reak of it
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11