Thoughts on DRG
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-09-09 15:57:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Reichleiu said: »
Bamboom said: »
What do you guys think they are going to do with spirit link/wyvern breaths? It would be amazing if they made spirit link return full wyvern tp or if they made breaths not consume wyvern tp so that that tp is available during spirit link. That would make am3 maintenance incredibly easy and hopefully push drg up a level, but knowing SE they are probably going to add breath accuracy an lower the spirit link he cost :(.

Maintaining AM3 is already stupid easy.. if they are adjusting breaths it needs to be for the purpose of making my pet do more damage. Nothing worse than having a pet hit a monster for 300+ with normal attacks, but only do 150 damage with it's breath. (just using these numbers as an example)

Wyvern Breaths actually lower your pets DPS in some situations.
I used to post rants on the very same topic. But things have changed a great deal.

Between the reduced charge time adjustment, the strafe changes, and the addition of a ton of Breath+/petMagic ACC+ gear, wyvern breaths can do fairly respectable dmg even on fairly high level enemies.

I'm willing to say that even for a Ryu DRG, wyvern breaths are likely a dps asset in the majority of situations now, rather than the penalty they used to be. Well, If you've got a good breath set and keep your wyvern's HP high anyway.

Probably the only time Breaths are a loss now, would be when fighting fodder lvl content, where wyverns actually hit pretty hard.

A couple anecdotal examples. I was fighting a CL 125 UCNM the other day. Wyvern melee was hitting 50~80 a hit. Breaths were doing 860~900. Lose 1.25 seconds of melee time for 900 dmg(more than 10 times a melee hit.) Not bad at all. And I never saw a resisted breath.

On the other side of the spectrum, when I was killing puks(lvl 107) in Escha Zi'tah, Lumiere was hitting 300~400 a melee hit.(also note, Idris Frailty+Dia II in use.) But breaths, in the rare instances he got to use them, were still about ~900 dmg.

Breaths could still use some adjustments. Making them based on MAX Hp rather than current would be a good one. But they aren't the waste of... Breath.. they used to be. <,<
[+]
By Bamboom 2015-09-10 09:10:03
Link | Citer | R

What do you guys think they are going to do with spirit link/wyvern breaths? It would be amazing if they made spirit link return full wyvern tp or if they made breaths not consume wyvern tp so that that tp is available during spirit link. That would make am3 maintenance incredibly easy and hopefully push drg up a level, but knowing SE they are probably going to add breath accuracy an lower the spirit link he cost :(.
Called it!!!!
 Phoenix.Morier
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2015-09-10 09:52:02
Link | Citer | R

Called it!!!!
By "called it" you mean you mentioned every realistic possibility and ignored all the wrong. k.
By Bamboom 2015-09-10 10:52:24
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Morier said: »
Called it!!!!
By "called it" you mean you mentioned every realistic possibility and ignored all the wrong. k.
Not really, I'm pretty sure everyone was expecting magic acc and hp down for spirit link. I've always loved how spirit link gave you wyvern tp but it was almost impossible to do with a DD sub since the tp was gone as soon as the wyvern used their breath. This was not really a realistic or expected buff since it breaks away from how the job functions currently.
 Asura.Reichleiu
Serveur: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2015-09-10 11:52:38
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Breaths could still use some adjustments. Making them based on MAX Hp rather than current would be a good one. But they aren't the waste of... Breath.. they used to be. <,<

Thats fair, I haven't been on in a while so i'll have to look into making some better breath sets to put into my GS.