Forum » FFXI » Servers » Diabolos » Nyzul Isle
Nyzul Isle
 Diabolos.Tochido
Serveur: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Tochido
By Diabolos.Tochido 2009-08-29 18:43:12
Link | Citer | R

Hey, i was wondering if anyone else is looking to start Nyzul Isle, or could let me join their group. i havent even done floor 1, but i have 75SAM and almost 75BLM right now.

Any info/help regarding Nyzul Isle and what i should do to get to a point where a group would pick me up would be great.

Thanks, Tochido
 Alexander.Aegiz
Serveur: Alexander
user:
By Alexander.Aegiz 2009-08-29 19:28:57
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

honestly, BLM is useless in Nyzul Isle, your Sam is perfect for that. You can shout in Whitegate for Floor 1~5 and keep going....ppls will join you because they need to regain Tokens and climbing is piece a cake :)
 Asura.Zekky
Serveur: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-08-29 19:36:43
Link | Citer | R

I've done Nyzul Isle with BLMs plenty enough to say they aren't "useless" by any means. They just slow down the run a bit due to their MP managing. If you've got a good auto refresh build, bring yag drinks, rest when it's appropriate, BLMs can be just as useful. Not so much on the HNM60, 80 and 100 runs due to the ToAU NMs resistance to magic. But there are times where we've had a BLM on the run and they were useful do to the large amount of pudding or slime mobs we had. And MNK isn't cut out for that since Formless Strikes only has a 3 minute run and then waiting 7 minutes for it to be ready again. =(

But best of luck on your runs! Getting to 100 will be easy enough.

What you should do is on your way up in climbing, try forming a static with people you pick up from shouts. That's how I end up getting to 100. Found people from shouting where we could work with our event/work schedule and we went from floor 40-100 without having to shout again.
 Diabolos.Tochido
By Diabolos.Tochido 2009-08-29 21:02:37
Link | Citer | R

thanks for the info! i was kind of looking at a few of them and saw the slime mobs and that there were multiple mobs on each floor, didnt know if sleepga/magic damage would help on those. i have a RDM friend who wants to try it with me, idk if rdm and blm together could make a decent help in the party? i guess i have SAM to bring if anything else.
 Asura.Zekky
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-08-29 21:29:44
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, RDM would help for the refresh. And don't be afraid of bringing a WHM if you need a healer. My wife would solo heal Nyzul all the time without any problems. Just bring /SMN if they don't have /SCH and things will work out perfect.
 Asura.Sidi
user: Sidi
By Asura.Sidi 2009-08-29 21:37:56
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, blms are plenty useful, don't let anyone tell you otherwise (any job is good in nyzul, its built for communication, more thna specific jobs)

I beat a lvl 100 with a 72 blm/whm, blm/rdm (everyone else 74-75), sam/something, thf/nin, pld/nin, and brd/whm

and we won with time to spare, so don't worry about it; although getting as much refresh as possible helps, as well as stocking up on elixers from chest prior to NM runs (toau's ring has refresh in assault which helps, sanction refresh, then gear refreshes... dunno how sch works as a blm, but thats DAMN handy for whms in it...)-- maybe try to get in a brd, that'll help alot for mp, as well for your dds/link management
 Diabolos.Tochido
By Diabolos.Tochido 2009-08-29 21:46:51
Link | Citer | R

sounds good. im getting excited to get some people together, blow some stuff up and have some fun!

Thanks for all the help and suggestions!
 Bahamut.Paulus
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-08-29 23:01:14
Link | Citer | R

Aegiz said:
honestly, BLM is useless in Nyzul Isle, your Sam is perfect for that. You can shout in Whitegate for Floor 1~5 and keep going....ppls will join you because they need to regain Tokens and climbing is piece a cake :)

I tend not to overlook BLMs when shouting these days. The last few times I've refused them we usually had at least 2 floors with Kill all Amorph types, Specified enemies, amorph types and Enemy Leader, Amorph types.

A well merited dd group can over come this but BLM saves so much time when you encounter amorphs.