First Page 2 3 ... 82 83 84 ... 216 217 218
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-05-05 13:46:05
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Even I had forgotten how *** terrible this was.

/shame finger

you should feel bad for forgetting!

and then vote for trump to make up for forgetting
By fonewear 2016-05-05 13:46:50
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
You finished or are we done?

The only response acceptable:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-05-05 13:49:15
Link | Citer | R

Your mind games won't work on me, old man.

/trump2016!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-05 13:50:56
Link | Citer | R

Trump 2016 so the business class can finish the job of vaporizing the middle class and turning the remaining cities into playpens for rich businessmen and their kin.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-05 13:51:23
Link | Citer | R

Then and only then Mexico can proceed to send their best.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-05-05 13:59:40
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Lakshmi.Deces
user: Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2016-05-05 14:10:36
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-05 14:15:04
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Nah, I'm aware. Less jobs means higher competition. Higher competition means people are willing to accept lower wages to secure the job.
And you think that's acceptable?

You do realize that, with Clinton in charge, that will continue to be the norm, right?
I enjoy people putting words in my mouth. Understanding and acknowledging that something exists doesn't mean I support it. I acknowledge republicans exist, but I sure as *** don't support them.

But the only way you're going to bring those companies back is by allowing them free reign, so they can "afford" to pay for US labor. Like, industrial revolution free reign. We can start paying everyone menial wages, offer no benefits or safety standards. This is basically what makes those offshore factories so lucrative.

If you think that's preferable, you have a mental issue you really need to get checked out.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-05 14:27:02
Link | Citer | R

So I decided to make a Star Wars themed GIF of the position the GOP finds itself in. I think this suffices:

Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-05-05 14:38:04
Link | Citer | R

You guys are really stretching for metaphors lately.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-05 14:39:24
Link | Citer | R

And fallacies..
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-05 14:49:37
Link | Citer | R

Nah, I'm aware. Less jobs means higher competition. Higher competition means people are willing to accept lower wages to secure the job.

You do realize that, with Clinton in charge, that will continue to be the norm, right?
I enjoy people putting words in my mouth. Understanding and acknowledging that something exists doesn't mean I support it. I acknowledge republicans exist, but I sure as *** don't support them.

But the only way you're going to bring those companies back is by allowing them free reign, so they can "afford" to pay for US labor. Like, industrial revolution free reign. We can start paying everyone menial wages, offer no benefits or safety standards. This is basically what makes those offshore factories so lucrative.

If you think that's preferable, you have a mental issue you really need to get checked out.
Nonsense.
How about you actually refute something properly instead of pulling the good ol' conservative standby of screaming strawman.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-05 14:51:22
Link | Citer | R

FFXIAH conservative*
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-05 14:51:23
Link | Citer | R

Nonsense.
How about you actually refute something properly instead of pulling the good ol' conservative standby of screaming strawman.
Sure, as soon as you make an argument against what I said instead of making it up for me.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2016-05-05 14:55:46
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-05 14:56:01
Link | Citer | R

Your argument was "Hillary will change nothing" which implies Trump, or any republican, would. Without clarifying how.

And while I went to an extreme, I'm fairly certain there's no way local companies with offshore factories would open factories here unless they could make more money from them here than they were elsewhere. Which would mean having comparable wages, benefits and workplace safety.

Which means dropping current regulations we have to protect employees from Industrial Revolution ***.
By Jetackuu 2016-05-05 14:59:05
Link | Citer | R

But the only way you're going to bring those companies back is by allowing them free reign
I'd suggest removing the free trade agreements and penalize companies that outsource. Not insanely, but enough to make local competition feasible while maintaining appropriate working conditions.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2016-05-05 15:02:15
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-05 15:03:38
Link | Citer | R

This is Trump thread not Clinton thread...I understand digressions cause it happens in conversations, but when all you do is post memes at least stick to the topic?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-05 15:05:43
Link | Citer | R

I'm fairly certain there's no way local companies with offshore factories would open factories here unless they could make more money from them here than they were elsewhere. Which would mean having comparable wages, benefits and workplace safety.

Which means dropping current regulations we have to protect employees from Industrial Revolution ***.
Explain why there are still multinationals who build factories here then.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-05-05 15:06:03
Link | Citer | R

Don't waste your time with deces, he is just a troll.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2016-05-05 15:09:54
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
This is Trump thread not Clinton thread...I understand digressions cause it happens in conversations, but when all you do is post memes at least stick to the topic?
No, it does not work that way, this is the Trump thread about his run for president against the hilldabeast. Everything is fair game.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2016-05-05 15:11:00
Link | Citer | R

I'm fairly certain there's no way local companies with offshore factories would open factories here unless they could make more money from them here than they were elsewhere. Which would mean having comparable wages, benefits and workplace safety.

Tariffs...
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-05 15:14:46
Link | Citer | R

It depends on what industry and what type of factories we're talking about. You've got companies like NordicWare (they make cake pans) that make and produce primarily in the US but their whole niche is in high quality goods and their competitors are usually pushing cheapo-crap which is most definitely Chinese made.

Higher price point justifies being able to operate here as does the company size. Are we talking about bringing back heavy manufacturing to the US or wut?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-05 15:15:04
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Deces said: »

Tariffs...
Wrong, free trade agreements remove tariffs.

There are more factors in investment in a society than just labor and any possible tax implications....
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-05 15:15:07
Link | Citer | R

It would depend on the company and what country they're based in.

Shockingly, the United States doesn't have the highest minimal wage in the world.
Meaning they can do what our corporations do.

Then of course, there are corporations from here who have some sense of national pride/duty, I suppose.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-05 15:16:41
Link | Citer | R

People say bring back US jobs. What jobs? What industry? At what wages?

Even the US retains some telemarketer jobs and that's a service often tied to discussions about globalization.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-05 15:19:21
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Are we talking about bringing back heavy manufacturing to the US or wut?
There are ways to do it, but no politician would want to do it.

Liberal left would eat them alive.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-05 15:21:16
Link | Citer | R

"There are ways".

So enlightening.
First Page 2 3 ... 82 83 84 ... 216 217 218