Trump Talk™

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Trump Talk™
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 216 217 218
By Aelius 2016-03-05 20:56:30
Link | Citer | R

What is Trump even proposing to do? Most of what I've heard of him is his antics rather than his politics.
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-03-05 21:29:55
Link | Citer | R

Nobody knows; it's like Let's Make A Deal, you don't get to find out what's behind Door Number 3 unless you actually commit to it.

Trump's not being unnecessarily secretive about it or anything, he doesn't know either
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-05 21:30:44
Link | Citer | R

He has beautiful hands, or so he said.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-03-05 21:32:45
Link | Citer | R

Aelius said: »
What is Trump even proposing to do? Most of what I've heard of him is his antics rather than his politics.

He's going to make America great again.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-05 21:32:48
Link | Citer | R

He has no viable policy proposals.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-05 22:25:20
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Listen to John Mccain.

I tried reading the whole thing.
lol
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-03-06 00:48:32
Link | Citer | R

I think he is promising Hope and Change. Oh yeah and everyone is going to get a fair shot.
[+]
By Rife 2016-03-06 01:23:00
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-06 16:30:23
Link | Citer | R

SNL takes Trump on.

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2016-03-06 17:27:03
Link | Citer | R

SNL hasn't been funny for 20 years but nice try !
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-06 20:06:13
Link | Citer | R

Obama was supported by the Iran mullahs.

No SNL skit for that. They woulda been called racists.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-03-06 21:03:32
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »

They've had their moments
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-03-07 01:07:52
Link | Citer | R

Just get used to it. There is an organized effort to label Trump supporters as racist; a drum that they will beat for the next 6 months to try to shame people from openly admitting that they support Donald Trump for President. It is the usual playbook from very white, very hateful liberals.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-07 19:07:19
Link | Citer | R

The world watches the U.S. presidential race with ‘disbelief’
The MaddowBlog <<== WARNING! DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!! Known liberal source.

Quote:
As the prospect of Donald Trump winning the Republican Party’s presidential nomination grew more realistic, the questions became more common: what would it say to the rest of the world if Americans elected Trump to the White House? Just how much damage would such an election do the United States’ credibility?

And while those questions obviously matter, it’s also worth pausing to appreciate the fact that Trump’s current standing is already doing damage in the eyes of the world. Reuters published an interesting report this morning.

Quote:
Foreign diplomats are expressing alarm to U.S. government officials about what they say are inflammatory and insulting public statements by Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump, according to senior U.S. officials.

Officials from Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and Asia have complained in recent private conversations, mostly about the xenophobic nature of Trump’s statements, said three U.S. officials, who all declined to be identified.
The piece quoted a senior NATO official, speaking on condition of anonymity, saying, “European diplomats are constantly asking about Trump’s rise with disbelief and, now, growing panic.”

It’s inevitable that American presidential elections are going to generate some international attention. The U.S. role as a global superpower means that decisions made here have an effect practically everywhere, so when American voters go about choosing the “Leader of the Free World,” a global audience tends to keep an eye on the process.

And right about now, it seems much of the planet is worried, not only about a leading U.S. candidate, but also what in the world so many Americans are thinking.

Quote:
U.S. officials said it was highly unusual for foreign diplomats to express concern, even privately, about candidates in the midst of a presidential campaign. U.S. allies in particular usually don’t want to be seen as meddling in domestic politics, mindful that they will have to work with whoever wins.

Senior leaders in several countries – including Britain, Mexico, France, and Canada – have already made public comments criticizing Trump’s positions. German Economy Minister Sigmar Gabriel branded him a threat to peace and prosperity in an interview published on Sunday.
I continue to think part of the problem is the Republican Party’s unique status among advanced democracies. As we’ve discussed before, the GOP in the United States is the only major party in the advanced world that denies climate change, opposes universal health care, and believes citizens should have largely unfettered access to firearms.

As a result, the party is bound to make decisions that international observers find baffling – there’s just nothing else like our Republican Party in any democracy in the Western world.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-10 16:46:34
Link | Citer | R

Trump's modeling agency broke immigration laws, attorneys say
CNN Money

Quote:
Donald Trump's modeling agency has profited from the very same visa program that the presidential candidate himself has slammed -- and appears to have violated federal law in the process, a CNNMoney investigation has found.
Openers:

Quote:
Throughout his campaign, Trump has loudly opposed the practice of U.S. companies using foreign workers instead of Americans -- specifically the highly-skilled workers brought to the United States through the controversial H-1B visa program.

"These are temporary foreign workers, imported from abroad, for the explicit purpose of substituting for American workers at lower pay. I remain totally committed to eliminating rampant, widespread H-1B abuse," Trump said in a statement on his website, though he backtracked on his position during a recent Republican debate.

While this visa program is best known for bringing over technology workers like engineers and computer programmers, Trump's own modeling agency has used the program for years, federal data shows. That's because federal law surprisingly lumps in fashion models with these other specialized workers -- though it's the only job that doesn't require higher education. (Instead, models must have "distinguished merit and ability.")

And now, the use of this visa by Trump Model Management, founded by Trump in 1999, is being questioned.

The agency is currently battling a proposed class action lawsuit filed by Jamaican model Alexia Palmer, who was brought to the country with an H-1B visa.

The suit alleges that the agency recruits foreign models with promises of wages that never materialize and defrauds the U.S. government on visa applications. Palmer is currently the only plaintiff and the suit has not yet been approved as a class-action.

In her case, Palmer says she was paid only a few thousand dollars over three years despite being lured with the promise of more than $200,000 in earnings in that same time period.

That salary was also what was listed by Trump Model Management as part of the visa application.

"Ms. Palmer will receive compensation of at least $75,000 per year," the agency's president Corinne Nicolas said in a letter to immigration officials. "She is a model whose services have been in great demand, and whose proposed temporary presence in the United States has stirred great anticipation by Trump Model Management and its clientele." (Nicolas did not respond to a request for comment)....
It goes on in detail.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-10 16:49:20
Link | Citer | R

Let's be real, Trump voters don't even care if he contradicts himself in the same sentence, let alone over the span of days or more.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-03-10 17:21:55
Link | Citer | R

Jassik said: »

They've had their moments
has it been that long since Chris Farley died?

and guess who's back?

Time to put the world of politics back in order. You ban me for a year and Trump happens. Mods, let that be a lesson to you.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-03-14 11:02:48
Link | Citer | R

Let's here it for the first drop out of the presidential race.

How's that working out for you !
By Ramyrez 2016-03-14 13:04:15
Link | Citer | R

I've had several friends from abroad message me via Facebook, etc. asking "what is actually going on over there? How are you letting Trump do this?"

...as if I directly am allowing Sir ***-Toupe run for president.

I will say that for the rest of the world. They seem to think individual Americans have a hell of a lot more power than we have.
[+]
 Cerberus.Diavolo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Diavolo
By Cerberus.Diavolo 2016-03-14 14:43:34
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
I will say that for the rest of the world. They seem to think individual Americans have a hell of a lot more power than we have.

The mistake is thinking you don't.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-03-14 17:29:22
Link | Citer | R

I have yet to see an valid argument against Trump. We have had 8 years of a failed President already. I don't see how Trump could be worse.
[+]
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2016-03-14 17:42:59
Link | Citer | R

I've had several friends from abroad message me via Facebook, etc. asking "what is actually going on over there? How are you letting Trump do this?"

Well, from their perspective, the average American is heavily armed, so I can see how they would think that
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-14 18:14:10
Link | Citer | R

Drama Torama said: »

Well, from their perspective, the average American is heavily armed, so I can see how they would think that
I aim to be above average in that regard.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Serveur: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2016-03-14 19:38:16
Link | Citer | R

I have yet to see an valid argument against Trump. We have had 8 years of a failed President already. I don't see how Trump could be worse.

I can't see how Trump is any different from other politicians in any way other than he doesn't care about being outrageously PC. They're all "Let's Make a Deal", As someone above put it.

I have a rough idea of who I'm voting for, but I've been trying to watch a lot of Trump and Sanders because those are generally the ones I see getting "bashed" in media the hardest, so I can assume they're the best candidates to follow since I trust the media even less than I trust politicians.. and they dug that grave themselves.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-14 20:30:59
Link | Citer | R

The argument of him being a xenophobic racist bigot with small hands doesn't sway you huh?

What if I told you, he repeated the same things over and over just like every other politician and has no set plan like everyone else running doesn't?

... You're still voting for Trump aren't you?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-03-14 20:33:06
Link | Citer | R

At this point, my vote will go to whomever represents me flipping the bird to the establishment the most. We're getting a bad president no matter what, so to me it's just a matter of wanting to see decades of conventional political wisdom go out the window.
[+]
 Shiva.Eboneezer
Serveur: Shiva
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2016-03-14 20:34:07
Link | Citer | R

wait, i didn't think they were supposed to have a plan. I thought we voted it into law without reading it first, now. No?
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2016-03-14 20:35:48
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
At this point, my vote will go to whomever represents me flipping the bird to the establishment the most. We're getting a bad president no matter what, so to me it's just a matter of wanting to see decades of conventional political wisdom go out the window.

This is pretty much my exact stance right now. I'm rooting for maximum chaos so I can get some enjoyment out of the process, at least.

Brokered convention? TWO brokered conventions? In Philly and Cleveland?! Sign me up!
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-14 20:37:45
Link | Citer | R

I almost want Bernie to pull it off. Watching the world burn is becoming a rather enjoyable pastime.

Clinton, Kasich, Rubio would just be more of the same slow downward death spiral that when it finally hits nobody will care.

Trump and Bernie have the potential to light things on fire just to piss people off.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 216 217 218