Serveur: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-12 14:55:01
Link | Citer | R

Zululu said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
And that iron grip can't be broken with innovation and capital? Sounds alot like the arguments against massive corporations and banks...
The same massive corporations and banks that are backing Hillary Clinton? Also, alot isn't a word.
Banks buy both parties to get everything they want....
Check above. It ain't just the banks.

As for your iron grip Sparth? They tried SO hard to break it with money. See "media consolidation". Also the founding of Fox News.

But there's a funny thing about the media. They like to present contests to make things more interesting. And you need to have at least two sides for a contest.

And then came cable, and the interwebs....
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-12 14:56:24
Link | Citer | R

Ninja edit: Paged

Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-08-12 21:48:30
Link | Citer | R

Trump says only way he loses Pennsylvania if cheating occurs

Quote:
Donald Trump declared Friday that there's only one way he could lose the state of Pennsylvania: if he's cheated out of it.

"We're going to watch Pennsylvania. Go down to certain areas and watch and study and make sure other people don't come in and vote five times," he said at a rally in Altoona, Pennsylvania. "If you do that, we're not going to lose. The only way we can lose, in my opinion -- I really mean this, Pennsylvania -- is if cheating goes on."
Trump said that Republican leaders in the state "are very concerned" about the possibility of cheating -- adding that "we have to call up law enforcement, and we have to have the sheriffs and the police chiefs and everybody watching."
Hillary Clinton's lead in the polls in Pennsylvania is solid -- a Quinnipiac survey of likely voters released Tuesday found Clinton leading Trump 52% to 42%. But both candidates are devoting significant resources to the state, which has a base of working class voters that Trump's campaign hopes could work in his favor.
Trump, who campaigned earlier Friday in Erie, Pennsylvania, said he "knows the state very well" and knows Clinton "can't beat what's happening here."
Unless there's cheating.
"The only way they can beat it, in my opinion -- and I mean this 100% -- if in certain sections of the state, they cheat," he said.

Ok. Sure. Nevermind the 10 point deficit he is facing in the state. But lets go with cheating, because Trump!
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-08-12 22:08:12
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Quote:
Donald Trump declared Friday that there's only one way he could lose the state of Pennsylvania: if he's cheated out of it.

"We're going to watch Pennsylvania. Go down to certain areas and watch and study and make sure other people don't come in and vote five times," he said at a rally in Altoona, Pennsylvania. "If you do that, we're not going to lose. The only way we can lose, in my opinion -- I really mean this, Pennsylvania -- is if cheating goes on."
Trump said that Republican leaders in the state "are very concerned" about the possibility of cheating -- adding that "we have to call up law enforcement, and we have to have the sheriffs and the police chiefs and everybody watching."
Hillary Clinton's lead in the polls in Pennsylvania is solid -- a Quinnipiac survey of likely voters released Tuesday found Clinton leading Trump 52% to 42%. But both candidates are devoting significant resources to the state, which has a base of working class voters that Trump's campaign hopes could work in his favor.
Trump, who campaigned earlier Friday in Erie, Pennsylvania, said he "knows the state very well" and knows Clinton "can't beat what's happening here."
Unless there's cheating.
"The only way they can beat it, in my opinion -- and I mean this 100% -- if in certain sections of the state, they cheat," he said.

Ok. Sure. Nevermind the 10 point deficit he is facing in the state. But lets go with cheating, because Trump!

Philadelphia's track record with voter intimidation and questionable results makes it sketchy at best, but it would be hard to claim cheating occurred across the state. I'm not sure what kind of play Trump is making here, but I guess that's par for the course.
By Bloodrose 2016-08-13 06:35:48
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Quote:

Unless there's cheating.

Philadelphia's track record with voter intimidation and questionable results makes it sketchy at best, but it would be hard to claim cheating occurred across the state. I'm not sure what kind of play Trump is making here, but I guess that's par for the course.
Trump is trying to hedge his bets by saying this, without actually saying it: "If I win the Presidency, the people have spoken. If I lose, it's absolute proof the election process is rigged."

Of all the things Trump is, or can be said about him, he is a man who likes to alter reality to his own liking, and is far from stupid. He knows exactly what it takes to rally and/or incite the masses. At least for the first season.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Celebrity Vice President, and which celebrities be brings to the table to replace his running mate.
By fonewear 2016-08-13 06:49:28
Link | Citer | R

See what happens when I'm not here this thread goes to hell !
By Bloodrose 2016-08-13 06:59:11
Link | Citer | R

This thread was hell from the beginning. It's about politics, spoofing politics, and how to one up your rival in another country.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-13 10:39:35
Link | Citer | R

He is calling for voter intimidation.

Quote:
"We're going to watch Pennsylvania. Go down to certain areas and watch and study and make sure other people don't come in and vote five times," he said at a rally in Altoona, Pennsylvania. "If you do that, we're not going to lose....
 Siren.Lordgrim
Serveur: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-08-13 10:41:46
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-08-13 11:05:02
Link | Citer | R

I really hope trump wins so that when he does nothing like the rest of the presidents I can antagonize the absolute *** out of people who thought he would make America great again lol
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-08-13 11:06:59
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
I really hope trump wins so that when he does nothing like the rest of the presidents I can antagonize the absolute *** out of people who thought he would make America great again lol

then vote for him November 8th
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-08-13 11:08:54
Link | Citer | R

Also as for the meme ALL humans are liars criminals and racists so you don't really need to warp logic to make that a fact lol
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-08-13 11:11:46
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Lordgrim said: »

then vote for him November 8th

Nope until there is a worthwhile candidate I will vote for the same person as I have the past two elections JFK's ghost that way I can complain about the winner and what you people have done to this country by voting it in
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-08-13 11:13:46
Link | Citer | R

Also as for the meme ALL humans are liars criminals and racists so you don't really need to warp logic to make that a fact lol

yeah i wonder why so many people have a hard time accepting the fact. But serious talk go out and vote for Trump lord knows the US can't survive another 4 years of Clintons.

November 8th vote Trump
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-08-13 11:15:04
Link | Citer | R

I'll pass JFK's ghost will do more for this country
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-08-13 13:10:24
Link | Citer | R

Perhaps, so long as it's not too distracted by Marilyn's ghost.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-08-13 14:28:20
Link | Citer | R

Perhaps, so long as it's not too distracted by Marilyn's ghost.
Or if it's not brought back to life by the ghost on the grassy knoll.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-13 14:30:48
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
He is calling for voter intimidation.

Quote:
"We're going to watch Pennsylvania. Go down to certain areas and watch and study and make sure other people don't come in and vote five times," he said at a rally in Altoona, Pennsylvania. "If you do that, we're not going to lose....
Its official.

Trump campaign launches drive to recruit 'election observers'
Politico

Quote:
Donald Trump's campaign is seeking to recruit "election observers" following the Republican nominee's repeated claims that the general election is "rigged."

In a move that's unprecedented in a presidential election, the campaign late this week launched a page on its website proclaiming, "Help Me Stop Crooked Hillary From Rigging This Election! Please fill out this form to receive more information about becoming a volunteer Trump Election Observer."

Those who wish to be a Trump "observer" are asked to fill out information on the website that should match their voter registration. Once submitted, voters are directed to a donation page.

Hours before the site gained traction Friday night, Trump said at a rally in Altoona, Pennsylvania, that the only way he would lose in Pennsylvania is "if cheating goes on."

“She can’t beat what’s happening here. The only way they can beat it in my opinion, and I mean this 100 percent, if in certain sections of the state they cheat,” Trump said of Clinton campaign in Pennsylvania.

Although laws vary from state to state, campaigning by political parties is typically banned at polling sites under voter intimidation laws.
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Serveur: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2016-08-13 15:27:38
Link | Citer | R

Cool. Is Trump also going to have people observe absentee ballots since that is where voter fraud is more likely to happen, instead of the in-person boogeyman that the republicans are always harping about?
By Ackeron 2016-08-13 17:01:01
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-13 20:09:12
Link | Citer | R

How Donald Trump’s bizarre voter-watch effort could get the GOP in trouble
WaPo and paywalled so you get the whole copypasta

Quote:
After telling an audience in Altoona, Pa., that he would seek their help in policing the polls in November to root out voter fraud — something that even the state of Pennsylvania has noted doesn't exist in any meaningful way — Donald Trump's campaign nationalized the effort on Saturday morning. Now eager Trump backers can go to Trump's website and sign up to be "a Trump Election Observer." Do so, and you get an email thanking you for volunteering and assuring you that the campaign will "do everything we are legally allowed to do to stop crooked Hillary from rigging this election."

There are any number of problems with this, again starting with the fact that the frequency of in-person voter fraud in elections is lower than getting five numbers right in the Powerball. But there's a potentially bigger legal problem noted by election law expert Rick Hasen of the University of California at Irvine: Trump's unnecessary effort could be violating a prohibition against voter intimidation that applies to the Republican Party.

In 1981, the Republican Party rolled out a voter-integrity effort in New Jersey that mirrors what Trump demanded in Altoona. As described in a legal ruling about the prohibition:

Quote:
The RNC allegedly created a voter challenge list by mailing sample ballots to individuals in precincts with a high percentage of racial or ethnic minority registered voters and, then, including individuals whose postcards were returned as undeliverable on a list of voters to challenge at the polls. The RNC also allegedly enlisted the help of off-duty sheriffs and police officers to intimidate voters by standing at polling places in minority precincts during voting with “National Ballot Security Task Force” armbands. Some of the officers allegedly wore firearms in a visible manner.
The RNC allegedly created a voter challenge list by mailing sample ballots to individuals in precincts with a high percentage of racial or ethnic minority registered voters and, then, including individuals whose postcards were returned as undeliverable on a list of voters to challenge at the polls. The RNC also allegedly enlisted the help of off-duty sheriffs and police officers to intimidate voters by standing at polling places in minority precincts during voting with “National Ballot Security Task Force” armbands. Some of the officers allegedly wore firearms in a visible manner.

Let's step back a bit. Political campaigns often send observers to polling places as part of get-out-the-vote efforts, since states often allow campaigns to track who has and hasn't already voted. Campaigns spend months identifying voters who support their candidates, and checking to make sure they've voted on Election Day allows campaigns to then send volunteers to go and encourage those supporters who haven't yet cast a ballot to do so. To track that information, though, observers have to abide by certain rules that vary in different places. Here are the rules in Los Angeles, for example. Observers can see who's been checked off the already-voted list but may not challenge voters. Vote tallying may be observed but not interfered with. And: "The use of force, violence, tactic of coercion or intimidation to compel a person to refrain from voting at any election is a felony punishable by imprisonment in state prison for up to three years."

The consent decree extends the list of prohibitions for the party. But is Trump the same in this regard as the party? That's the agency question Hasen raises. Trump is fundraising with the Republican Party. What's more, Trump has spoken in the past of outsourcing his voter-turnout effort to the Republican Party, though it's not clear the extent to which he will or can.

"If I were the lawyer for the [Democratic National Committee], I would try to make the case that Trump is acting as an agent for the RNC and the RNC is acting as an agent of Trump since they have a joint fundraising committee and they are working together," Hasen said. "I can't tell you how a court would rule on this question, but I certainly think the Democrats could make that case."

If the Democrats challenge this effort, and if Trump is determined to be an agent of the Republican Party, the court could find that Trump's effort violates the consent decree. That could extend the consent decree, which expires in December 2017, for another eight years, Hasen says, and anyone found in knowing violation of it could be held in contempt of court.

That's a lot of ifs — particularly given that we don't really know what Trump's trying to do by enlisting these volunteers.

"I think the question is: What would he be organizing the election observers to do?" Hasen asked. "He is gathering names based on the idea that these observers are going to stop 'Crooked Hillary' -- his words — from 'rigging' -- his words — the election. That to me does not sound like observation or GOTV [get out the vote]."

Campaigns often use made-up reasons to collect information on voters; think of all of those "sign so-and-so's birthday card!" emails you get. If Trump is truly collecting names solely to use for some election-observation system, that's a big waste of his campaign's time and energy. (A hint that it's not about that: Once you sign up, you're redirected to a donation page.) If he's using the idea of voter fraud just to collect email addresses, that's odd, too.

"I wouldn't put it past Trump to say, 'Oh, well, this was just a way of gathering names for our fundraising efforts. We didn't really mean it, that we're going to do this election observation.' I wouldn't put anything past Trump these days," Hasen said. "Some people have suggested that's what this is. Well, if that's what this is, I'd be relieved." Though, Hasen notes, Trump's campaign lawyer should know better than using such a risky rationale for collecting email addresses.

We shouldn't allow the legal question to let us lose sight of the darker implications of what Trump could be suggesting.

"One of the things that this can do is get rogue people riled up. Trump sets the fuse and lets someone else do the explosion," Hasen said. "It strikes me as a very dangerous thing to be suggesting, because it does lend itself to the possibility of violence at the polls."

"It just strikes me," he said, "as exactly the kind of dirty tricks why the RNC consent decree was put in place in the first place."
By fonewear 2016-08-14 07:39:12
Link | Citer | R

Trump will have the last laugh at the end of the day I've never seen a depressed billionaire. Hillary underneath all evil and decay is a broken woman. Her only joy in life is sucking the life force from men and minorities !
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-14 07:50:19
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
Cool. Is Trump also going to have people observe absentee ballots since that is where voter fraud is more likely to happen, instead of the in-person boogeyman that the republicans are always harping about?

I don't know is Hillary going to have illegal immigrants voting for her probably...but good luck ever hearing about it...
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-08-14 07:55:04
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Phoenix.Xantavia said: »

I don't know is Hillary going to have illegal immigrants voting for her probably...but good luck ever hearing about it...

Hey thankfully we have more Legal citizens who are sick and tired of our immigration laws being forgotten and not enforced enough that can outvote this situation.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-08-14 07:59:55
Link | Citer | R

we want america where english is the language spoken and only on our tax payer government and business signs
By fonewear 2016-08-14 08:01:01
Link | Citer | R

We have been kicking the can down the road forever for dealing with illegal immigration. Maybe if Trump is elected we will finally deal with the issue. God forbid if Hillary gets elected they will want an illegal immigrant to run for President in 2020.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-08-14 08:03:56
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
We have been kicking the can down the road forever for dealing with illegal immigration. Maybe if Trump is elected we will finally deal with the issue. God forbid if Hillary gets elected they will want an illegal immigrant to run for President in 2020.

we already had a Canadian try to run for office
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-08-14 15:41:38
Link | Citer | R

I think the national language should be one NATIVE to this land
By Bloodrose 2016-08-14 20:24:46
Link | Citer | R