First Page 2 3 ... 133 134 135 ... 216 217 218
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-06-21 11:08:21
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Unfortunately most of these people tend to remain partly segregated out of the actual culture of the country they get into. You tend to see them associating with likewise people and so they create their own radicalized subculture that in some cases has a difficult time meshing with the local people. This is why a lot of "little x" exist in the world, cause immigrants remain in the outskirts.

I think a fair amount of it has to do with not bothering to learn the language, or in the establishment not bothering to teach it.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-21 11:09:19
Link | Citer | R

My own personal belief/preference is that people do assimilate to our culture when they come here and leave their old culture behind.

Be an American. Not an Irishman. Not an Italian. Not a Syrian. Not a Saudi.

You've come here, live here. We welcome you.

But leave behind what you were. Remember it. Remembering the heritage and culture of your ancestors is important, you need to know how you got where you are, and there are very few cultures out there that do not have beautiful traditions and heritage.

But honor your heritage within the context of what you are now, and if what you are now is an American citizen/legal resident...be an American. Not a Catholic. Not a Muslim. Not a Methodist. Not a Sikh.

You can practice all of those things.

But be an American. And ideally -- as the Constitution suggests -- that means allowing others to be themselves -- even if that's something you don't like or believe in -- as long as it isn't hurting you.

Unfortunately it's that last bit that's plagued us recently as many craven people in our country have lost sight of the fact that someone else sharing the same liberties you already possess does not, in fact, hurt you.

Practice your own beliefs/lifestyles so long as they don't harm others. But do so in context that others have the right to practice differing beliefs/lifestyles.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-21 11:11:02
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
Unfortunately most of these people tend to remain partly segregated out of the actual culture of the country they get into. You tend to see them associating with likewise people and so they create their own radicalized subculture that in some cases has a difficult time meshing with the local people. This is why a lot of "little x" exist in the world, cause immigrants remain in the outskirts.

I think a fair amount of it has to do with not bothering to learn the language, or in the establishment not bothering to teach it.

Somewhat oddly, Middle Eastern/European refugees seem to speak the language very well in my experience.

It's people from the African/Asian/Indian/ME-Indian transitional regions that tend to not speak English as well and -- short of disease scares -- people haven't ever really raised any fuss about them coming here.
 Shiva.Eboneezer
Serveur: Shiva
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2016-06-21 11:11:58
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Yes, they are fleeing a war zone.
No, you don't know their intent.

Yes, if you treat them like ***, they won't stay.
Yes, if you treat them like normal human beings they may stay.
If you treat them like ***, they won't stay? Where are they going to go?
Of course they're going to stay.
They haven't tried to immigrate here. They're only escaping a war zone. You can pretend like they have the intention to immigrate here, cast their laws aside, and abide by our laws. I believe you are terribly wrong. They believe in Sharia Law, not American Law. Ask them
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-06-21 11:14:05
Link | Citer | R

Idk. I've noticed that people just seem to pair off with what they're comfortable with.. Even outside these neighborhoods..
 Sylph.Dravidian
Serveur: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-06-21 11:15:24
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
At all costs you say? So you're willing to allow the government to do whatever they want to prevent another attack?

Also, you're ok with allowing Muslims in then after a check of course... But how would you know to check him? How would you know he is Muslim? He's native Australian born not from the Middle East.

Most of the terror attacks in recent history in America have not been perpetrated by Muslims...

How do we stop any criminal? What do we have in place to do any of that? Of all the Muslims we've let into the country how many have been the perpetrators of these events? The last two were American born citizens... So tell me what are we doing now that hasn't been sufficient? Like nik has pointed out its less about religion and more about region... Why do you fear Muslims so much when more violence in America is citizens against citizens of all races and creeds yet you don't seem so adamant about stopping that as illogically banning all Muslims...

Yes, I am for the government to do whatever thy can to prevent another terrorist attack. The fact that you don't care about human life doesn't mean I shouldn't.

Quote:
Most of the terror attacks in recent history in America have not been perpetrated by Muslims...

Seems like Islam extremists terrorist attacks far outweigh the rest in the 21st century.

I don't fear Muslims. I just agree with the steps that should be taken, and it seems to be more evident when people like you who argue otherwise can't provide any steps to further prevent terrorist attacks than just keep doing what we are doing.
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-06-21 11:16:53
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Dravidian said: »
I'd say the same to you... Do you have any idea what the Muslim faith is about or just tidbits that people fed you?

Granted I should have specified the catholic faith as I was born into that and lived within that community my whole life... I've seen the good and the ugly within it... You mark me for generalizing but that's what you e been doing this whole time... You've not specified a certain brand of Christianity or told us why yours is better than the others...

I have not done any of this actually. I don't need to tell you my faith, because my argument isn't based on needing to know the knowledge. However, everyone knows that there are many different Christian religions. There has been no generalization that all Muslims are terrorist. They do however AGAIN, HAVE PEOPLE IN THEIR GROUP WHO HAVE COMMITTED THE MAJORITY OF TERRORIST ACTS IN RECENT HISTORY. I hope caps and bold help read that part since I keep pointing it out, yet you keep ignoring it.
Except when it comes to America they are not in the majority for terrorist attacks... So you'd be wrong there... You're basing you're supposed knowledge off of nothing more than guesses from your limited world view...

There are many different off shoots of Christians which they don't really differ all that much... Makes you wonder how so many different sects can spawn from one body... Who interpreted what in this specific way to determine that yeah hey this one is what we should be doing now? Where is the legitimacy? Personally I don't really care that much because people believe what they want and that's all fine and good..

I'd imagine you know little to nothing about the Muslim faith since you know you completely dodged that after telling me to go pick up the good book.

It's probably best you don't share what your faith is... Idk why you wouldn't but yeah keep faith to ones self is for the best..

Are you going to provide any sources to what you spew, or just keeping saying ignorant info?
By fonewear 2016-06-21 11:18:33
Link | Citer | R

I'm going to go to Iran and open up as many Christian churches as possible see how they like it !
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-21 11:18:43
Link | Citer | R

Granting asylum to people escaping warzones is very simply the humane things to do.
If you were luving in a wartorn zone you'd be wishing to be accepted into peaceful countries too.
[+]
 Valefor.Rawry
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Rawry 2016-06-21 11:19:01
Link | Citer | R

Obviously I meant living* lmao
By Ramyrez 2016-06-21 11:19:58
Link | Citer | R

Yes, I am for the government to do whatever thy can to prevent another terrorist attack. The fact that you don't care about human life doesn't mean I shouldn't.

Could just be me, but that sounds a lot like the "terror" that the terrorists are trying to cause.

Giving up my freedoms -- or sacrificing the freedom of others -- for the illusion of safety is not something I am willing to sign off upon.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-06-21 11:20:15
Link | Citer | R

'Luvin' in a warzone' would be a good album name.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-21 11:21:05
Link | Citer | R

Granting asylum to people escaping warzones is very simply the humane things to do.

Not to mention the Christian thing to do.

But practicing what you preach is hard :'(
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-06-21 11:21:14
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »

Could just be me, but that sounds a lot like the "terror" that the terrorists are trying to cause.

Giving up my freedoms -- or sacrificing the freedom of others -- for the illusion of safety is not something I am willing to sign off upon.

How does one sacrifice the freedom of someone not a US citizen. Please do tell.
By fonewear 2016-06-21 11:21:31
Link | Citer | R

Well Europe is a lot closer to Syria than America so why don't the Europeans take them first !
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-06-21 11:22:02
Link | Citer | R

they are dumbass.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-21 11:22:32
Link | Citer | R

'Luvin' in a warzone' would be a good album name.

That would be ***' sweet.

Trying to decide if it'd be a better name for a live album or for some sort of conceptual double-LP. Both have promise.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-21 11:22:52
Link | Citer | R

they are dumbass.

Well when Europe is full of refugees then just maybe we can take a few !
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-06-21 11:23:16
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
they are dumbass.

Well when Europe is full of refugees then just maybe we can take a few !

lol, I think that's the plan.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-21 11:24:10
Link | Citer | R

Well if we do take Syrian refugees may I recommend NJ it is near the beach and they aren't full of ***...wait never mind !
By Ramyrez 2016-06-21 11:24:20
Link | Citer | R

Oh good, this shitastic argument again.

Refer back to the last time it took place.

Or if you're lazy, Google "The New Colossus."

And take it the *** to heart because it's likely why you've the luxury to be living in this country at all. Because your forefathers/mothers were outcasts of whatever shitty country they were fleeing from at the time.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-21 11:25:15
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Well if we do take Syrian refugees may I recommend NJ it is near the beach and they aren't full of ***...wait never mind !

Well, I mean.

That or stick them in South Dakota or Wyoming or some ***. There's nothing else there.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-06-21 11:25:42
Link | Citer | R

Oh good, this shitastic argument again.

Refer back to the last time it took place.

Or if you're lazy, Google "The New Colossus."

And take it the *** to heart because it's likely why you've the luxury to be living in this country at all. Because your forefathers/mothers were outcasts of whatever shitty country they were fleeing from at the time.

So you can't. Good talk.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-06-21 11:26:35
Link | Citer | R

Well, I mean.

That or stick them in South Dakota or Wyoming or some ***. There's nothing else there.

stfu ramy! we're full up out here. seat's taken. too many cows. don't come.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-21 11:27:15
Link | Citer | R

I've been to Wyoming I can attest to nothing being there !
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-06-21 11:27:18
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
There is a huge difference between changing your opinion on something versus being in government, doing one thing then saying you are for the opposite afterwards. She sends the troops to Iraq then she pulls the carpet out from under them while she is there. Hillary did not merely express opinions against gay marriage. She took to the Senate floor and actively fought against it. She could have just done nothing or could have done the right thing, but she led in the fight in government against equality for gay Americans. You can't say these things about Donald Trump.

A flip flop is a flip flop, it doesn't matter if you are part of a government or not. Yes, she changed her stance on gay marriage, that's a good thing. No, she never sent troops in Iraq.

Yes she did. As Senator she voted to send the troops to Iraq. Then she undercut them when she thought it would help get John Kerry elected in 2004. That is not changing your opinion. That is selfish and reckless. It is anything but leadership.

She did not change her opinion on gay marriage. She fought tooth and nail against it for over a decade. Then when she was out of office about two years ago she put out youtube video when it was politically expedient to do so. She came in at the end when gay Americans had fought for their rights against the likes of Hillary Clinton and all she did was spike the football and pretend that she was with them the whole time.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-21 11:28:21
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Eboneezer said: »
You can pretend like they have the intention to immigrate here, cast their laws aside, and abide by our laws. I believe you are terribly wrong. They believe in Sharia Law, not American Law. Ask them

I only know 1 Syrian family, so my experience is extremely limited, but that's not the case. They care about their children and want them to live peacefully, that's the only thing they care about.

That and setting up sleeper cells in the US waiting to take orders from ISIS...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-06-21 11:28:58
Link | Citer | R

At all costs you say? So you're willing to allow the government to do whatever they want to prevent another attack?

Also, you're ok with allowing Muslims in then after a check of course... But how would you know to check him? How would you know he is Muslim? He's native Australian born not from the Middle East.

How do we stop any criminal? What do we have in place to do any of that? Of all the Muslims we've let into the country how many have been the perpetrators of these events? The last two were American born citizens... So tell me what are we doing now that hasn't been sufficient? Like nik has pointed out its less about religion and more about region... Why do you fear Muslims so much when more violence in America is citizens against citizens of all races and creeds yet you don't seem so adamant about stopping that as illogically banning all Muslims...

Quote:

Seems like Islam extremists terrorist attacks far outweigh the rest in the 21st century.

I don't fear Muslims. I just agree with the steps that should be taken, and it seems to be more evident when people like you who argue otherwise can't provide any steps to further prevent terrorist attacks than just keep doing what we are doing.
I don't care about human life? Sounds like you're spewing rhetoric again... It's more like I don't want be like the patriot act passing again and a distrust for how the government foes about some things.. The only difference between us is that I don't let fear of what could or couldn't happen dominate my life...

I said in America...

Also, all you've said is that you agree with the steps that should be taken... What steps are those? Oh yeah you just give the reigns over to the government to do whatever they want to do at the time regardless of civil liberties violated or mistakes made... There are steps that can be taken and have been taken to mitigate risk... The banning all Muslims is not actual policy I hope you know and isn't agreed upon by mostly all of the government...

Also, what other attacks have happened that have resulted from letting refugees or other Muslims into the country? Does the way we screen now need to be changed?
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-06-21 11:30:43
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

I don't care about human life? Sounds like you're spewing rhetoric again... It's more like I don't want be like the patriot act passing again and a distrust for how the government foes about some things.. The only difference between us is that I don't let fear of what could or couldn't happen dominate my life...

I said in America...

Also, all you've said is that you agree with the steps that should be taken... What steps are those? Oh yeah you just give the reigns over to the government to do whatever they want to do at the time regardless of civil liberties violated or mistakes made... There are steps that can be taken and have been taken to mitigate risk... The banning all Muslims is not actual policy I hope you know and isn't agreed upon by mostly all of the government...

Also, what other attacks have happened that have resulted from letting refugees or other Muslims into the country? Does the way we screen now need to be changed?

Sources?
First Page 2 3 ... 133 134 135 ... 216 217 218