Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Footworks
Footworks
 Bismarck.Nobunobu
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: nobunobu
By Bismarck.Nobunobu 2015-06-28 15:00:01
Link | Citer | R

Still seem to suck after the new update. Have anyone tested out yet?
 Asura.Vafruvant
Serveur: Asura
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-06-28 15:58:22
Link | Citer | R

Based on the description, it just sounds like a minute of increased Kick Attack rate. Outside of the JA Delay when using the ability, there's no downside to it like there was before.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [64 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-08-31 18:40:25
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone further tested the increase in KA rate to see how much it is, and whether it decays over time? As Vafruvant says, Footwork now is simply an increase in KA proc rate while the ability is up. No downside, it's just extra TP/damage. Increased rate is significant too.

I'm thinking the increase may be something close to NIN's lv99 Daken proc rate, which is about 40%. So, rough approximation I'm using is to just add 8% KA rate across the board (using custom line in my spreadsheet). 40% proc rate for 1 min of every 5min (20%). 40% x 20% = 8%. If anyone's got a better way to do this, suggestions are welcome.

I also don't know whether Bhikku Gaiters/+1 are now simply an increase in "bonus" footwork kick proc rate in the amounts shown on the items (8%/10%), if anyone does please share!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [158 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-02-05 09:28:37
Link | Citer | R

Just started playing MNK again for no apparent reason recently but to beat up on fodder. Footwork seems to be a substantial increase in dmg. Can't say I've parsed anything, but I've seen it crit on Gates mobs for about 1300~ for a kick. Which is pretty nuts I think.

Anyways, MNK is in dire need of a buff. I was never really aware of how badly starved this job was until I started playing it again. I understand its a DoT job, just wow.

My observations: Footwork should be 3minutes, so that it can be used for the full duration of Berserk/Impetus. Critting kicks is cool.
I also think the kick rate is good, but I wouldn't mind it being higher. Since MNKs WS dmg is piss poor compared to other jobs, this would be a nice bonus.