Gay Marriage Now Legal Across The US

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Gay Marriage Now Legal Across the US
Gay Marriage Now Legal Across the US
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 13 14
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-26 14:48:56
Link | Citer | R

To be fair, everything is a trap of the Neo-liberal commie-feminazi fascist trans-partnership agenda.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-06-26 14:49:55
Link | Citer | R

9 pages of gay marriage being legal, woo!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-26 14:50:23
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
9 pages of gay marriage being legal, woo!

The world didn't end yet what gives !
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-06-26 14:50:46
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Anyone else find it funny that some of the people that argue against gay marriage and keeping it as "traditional marraige" are some of the same people that argue that marriage is a trap for men laid out by some sort of feminist agenda or whatever?

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-26 14:52:16
Link | Citer | R

I forgot to add the illuminant in there somewhere. Next time.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-26 14:52:23
Link | Citer | R

I was hoping straight people rioting in the streets. You know knocking over rainbow colored paraphernalia ! Making fashion faux pas etc.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-06-26 14:52:49
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I don't see how this ruling opens the door for any other kind of marriage law. A case for polygamy could have been made long before today. No one seems to really want to though.
Yeah, it's not like a major hurdle of traditional religious custom has been deconstructed or anything in the last 4 hours. C'mon Pleebo, I thought you were one of the smart ones.
Traditional religious custom... hmm.... So why should an entire nation be bound to your traditional religious customs?
They aren't, no one forces anyone into marriage.

Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-26 14:53:09
Link | Citer | R

Rainbow revolution!

[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-26 14:56:25
Link | Citer | R

The cynic in me says this: we are now all equal can we go back to hating each other again. One day of warm fuzzy feelings then back to reality !
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-26 14:56:50
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Fundamentalist Mormon. Big difference.

Uh... I think you're confusing "mormon" because my whole family and everyone I know is mormon and they'd shun me if I didn't say I was, too...

And...

"Mormon" because I believe the story.

LDS and FDLS are both fundamentalist, the only difference is the number of wives and when they get married.
By fonewear 2015-06-26 14:58:54
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Rainbow revolution!

I always knew Thomas Jefferson and the founding fathers were gay this proves it !
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-26 14:59:08
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »

Uh... I think you're confusing "mormon" because my whole family and everyone I know is mormon and they'd shun me if I didn't say I was, too...

And...

LDS and FDLS are both fundamentalist, the only difference is the number of wives and when they get married.

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. There are vast differences between the two.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-26 14:59:17
Link | Citer | R

I want to know where the KKK stands on this monumental decision.
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-06-26 14:59:40
Link | Citer | R

Yes, because bigoted little shitstains would still like to codify their beliefs into laws allowing open discrimination. There is nothing about 'coming after churches'. Why is this going in circles?

So churches aren't discriminating against people if they refuse to marry them but businesses are if they abstain from baking a cake? You readily display a desire to make religious people pay for their beliefs and you expect everyone to just take your word that you'll stop your charge before you get to the doors of a church.
Churches are indisputably protected. No one is interested in forcing these places to marry anyone. The end.

You're naked bud, you have no clothes on.
Yes, but I fail to see what that has to do with the discussion at hand ;)

They aren't protected anymore than the concept of marriage is, you're just wrong. I bet we see movement against them within 2 months.

From ACLU:
Quote:
Everyone is entitled to their own religious beliefs, but when you operate a business or run a publicly funded social service agency open to the public, those beliefs do not give you a right to discriminate.

Craig and Mullins v. Masterpiece Cakeshop
Ingersoll v. Alrene's Flowers
Will We Sanction Discrimination?: Can 'Heterosexuals Only' Be Among the Signs of Today? (UCLA Law Review Essay)
Elane Photography, LLC v. Vanessa Willock
Baker and Linsley v. Wildflower Inn
Wathen v. Beall Mansion Bed and Breakfast
Catholic Charities v. DCFS
So if you don't accept public funds, good to go!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-26 14:59:44
Link | Citer | R

And...

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. There are vast differences between the two.

Do tell...
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-26 15:00:55
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
What about bitcoin?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-26 15:02:17
Link | Citer | R

Bitcoin the best way to deal drugs ever !
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-26 15:02:29
Link | Citer | R

What if you own and operate a pizzeria that caters only to weddings and only accepts bitcoin as payment?
[+]
VIP
By Terraka 2015-06-26 15:02:32
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
What about bitcoin?

What about paypal?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-26 15:02:55
Link | Citer | R

What if you own and operate a pizzeria that caters only to weddings and only accepts bitcoin as payment?

We refuse to accept hypothetical currency that only has value based on some Japanese *** !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-26 15:03:55
Link | Citer | R

Actually, the government ruled that bitcoin is considered property. (I think)
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-26 15:04:59
Link | Citer | R

And...

Do tell...

For starters, their treatment of women. FLDS women are held to insanely strict rules for dress and general behavior. They marry who they're told to marry and age really isn't a factor. They're shut-in and often uneducated. There are no forced marriages in the LDS, they can have kids if and when they want, and they're encouraged to get a higher education.
By fonewear 2015-06-26 15:05:03
Link | Citer | R

Actually, the government ruled that bitcoin is considered property. (I think)

This is why we can't have nice things !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-26 15:06:39
Link | Citer | R

According to wiki it is considered a "virtual currency" which means:

A virtual currency or virtual money has been defined in 2012 by the European Central Bank as "a type of unregulated, digital money, which is issued and usually controlled by its developers, and used and accepted among the members of a specific virtual community." The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network(FinCEN), a bureau of the US Treasury, defined virtual currency in its guidance published in 2013. In 2014, the European Banking Authority defined virtual currency as "a digital representation of value that is neither issued by a central bank or a public authority, nor necessarily attached to a fiat currency, but is accepted by natural or legal persons as a means of payment and can be transferred, stored or traded electronically".

Virtual strip clubs of course:
By fonewear 2015-06-26 15:08:57
Link | Citer | R

Can I finally get some gay cupcakes though ? I'm looking up gay bakeries as we speak !

You think I'm joking... I'm not !

By fonewear 2015-06-26 15:11:15
Link | Citer | R

This will have to do for now ! A little bit on the nose for the title of the store though...

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-26 15:11:35
Link | Citer | R

Bitcoin to be treated as property instead of currency by IRS

So can you discriminate with property as a form of exchange?

I guess that would rely on whether it's considered private or public.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-26 15:12:33
Link | Citer | R

Meanwhile in San Francisco:

They need to bring Big Gay Al back !

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-26 15:16:06
Link | Citer | R

And...

Do tell...

For starters, their treatment of women. FLDS women are held to insanely strict rules for dress and general behavior. They marry who they're told to marry and age really isn't a factor. They're shut-in and often uneducated. There are no forced marriages in the LDS, they can have kids if and when they want, and they're encouraged to get a higher education.

So the secret language only Joseph could read on the plates only he could see, Jesus coming to Wisconsin to preach to the Indians, who were the lost 8th tribe of Israel even though genome research has thoroughly disproved it, living profits, post-mortim baptism, demon-proof underwear, etc etc etc.

Sorry, but a Victorian era approach to women's rights does not differentiate them significantly from FDLS when they still believe all the same ridiculous stuff. I give a pass to more mainstream Christianity because Jesus had a lot of good ideas and that's the spirit of the religion, but LDS/FLDS are in the same padded cell with Scientology.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-26 15:18:21
Link | Citer | R

So the secret language only Joseph could read on the plates only he could see, Jesus coming to Wisconsin to preach to the Indians, who were the lost 8th tribe of Israel even though genome research has thoroughly disproved it, living profits, post-mortim baptism, demon-proof underwear, etc etc etc.

Yeah, all of that proves that you don't have a clue what the Mormons actually believe.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 13 14