Gay Marriage Now Legal Across The US

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Gay Marriage Now Legal Across the US
Gay Marriage Now Legal Across the US
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14
By fonewear 2015-06-26 14:23:25
Link | Citer | R

Not to page 9 yet this is like Neil Armstrong walking on the moon.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-06-26 14:23:29
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Yes, because bigoted little shitstains would still like to codify their beliefs into laws allowing open discrimination. There is nothing about 'coming after churches'. Why is this going in circles?

So churches aren't discriminating against people if they refuse to marry them but businesses are if they abstain from baking a cake? You readily display a desire to make religious people pay for their beliefs and you expect everyone to just take your word that you'll stop your charge before you get to the doors of a church.
Churches are indisputably protected. No one is interested in forcing these places to marry anyone. The end.

You're naked bud, you have no clothes on.
Yes, but I fail to see what that has to do with the discussion at hand ;)
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-26 14:24:47
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Grrr
GRRRR
GRRRRRR

I'm so mad, I'm gonna run a few tollbooths on the way home tonight.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Serveur: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-06-26 14:26:07
Link | Citer | R

Yes, because bigoted little shitstains would still like to codify their beliefs into laws allowing open discrimination. There is nothing about 'coming after churches'. Why is this going in circles?

So churches aren't discriminating against people if they refuse to marry them but businesses are if they abstain from baking a cake? You readily display a desire to make religious people pay for their beliefs and you expect everyone to just take your word that you'll stop your charge before you get to the doors of a church.

There's legal differentiation between for-profit and non-profit entities, and the ability to discriminate based on religious principles.
See wedding chapels.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-26 14:27:20
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Not to page 9 yet this is like Neil Armstrong walking on the moon.

Never happened. Neil and his band of paid actors are nothing more than more government goons hired to fool me, you and your little doggie too.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-26 14:28:01
Link | Citer | R

Churches are indisputably protected. No one is interested in forcing these places to marry anyone. The end.

Yes, but I fail to see what that has to do with the discussion at hand ;)

They aren't protected anymore than the concept of marriage is, you're just wrong. I bet we see movement against them within 2 months.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-06-26 14:28:51
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
A real marriage is only between a MAN and as much property as he can afford to support.
Fixed.

And that's STATED in the Bible, the Torah, and the Koran.
And the odds of you being able to cite where are slim to none.
I did take liberties with the wording, yes.

How many wives and concubines did Solomon have?
By fonewear 2015-06-26 14:30:31
Link | Citer | R

Marriage is modern day slavery and you all know it !
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-06-26 14:31:06
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
So who has been clammoring for plural marriage? Has there been some kind of large movement I've been missing out on?
Nope, but it's going to happen. Just wait.
The Church of the Later Day Saints.

Part of why they stopped speaking against gay marriage.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-26 14:31:14
Link | Citer | R

They aren't protected anymore than the concept of marriage is

The concept of marriage hasn't changed a bit.

Your limited scope of vision has been challenged.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-26 14:32:20
Link | Citer | R

Even Google is in on this. #proudtolove
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-26 14:32:48
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
So who has been clammoring for plural marriage? Has there been some kind of large movement I've been missing out on?
Nope, but it's going to happen. Just wait.
The Church of the Later Day Saints.

Part of why they stopped speaking against gay marriage.

Uhh, the Mormons aren't launching a polygamy campaign.
By fonewear 2015-06-26 14:34:19
Link | Citer | R

What's wrong with polygamy got a wife for loving and wife to cook and clean ?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-06-26 14:37:15
Link | Citer | R

Gay marriage?

By fonewear 2015-06-26 14:40:17
Link | Citer | R

I considered being a Mormon. Utah isn't so bad once you get used to it.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-26 14:40:42
Link | Citer | R

I'm trying really hard to form an opinion on this as people are going nuts over this on Facebook. All cheering like it's good news. Very few freaking out on the internet, except for Scott Walker, lol.

But me, I'm like:

[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-06-26 14:41:42
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
I'm trying really hard to form an opinion on this as people are going nuts over this on Facebook. All cheering like it's good news. Very few freaking out on the internet, except for Scott Walker, lol.

And nausi.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-06-26 14:42:20
Link | Citer | R

They aren't protected anymore than the concept of marriage is, you're just wrong. I bet we see movement against them within 2 months.
Yup, you got us. The final charge is coming. Gird your loins for the ultimate slap fight.

Relax, dude. Once we've razed it all to the ground and the whole of Christianity has surrendered to our rainbow vanguard, I'll give you first pick on a nice turtle or salamander to force-marry. Don't say I never did anything nice for ya.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-26 14:42:39
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

But me, I'm like:

You must be like me then. Cause I feel nothing. Which is just like every other day though...
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-26 14:43:20
Link | Citer | R

5 Things I Learned as a Mormon Polygamist Wife

Quote:
And here's the thing: There are probably a lot of you who don't get why there's such a knee-jerk revulsion toward polygamy in the modern world. After all, if anyone can marry whom they choose, what's wrong with a bunch of women choosing to marry the same dude, or vice-versa? The problem is that, in the real world, it hasn't worked out that way. You'll notice you never hear about one woman marrying four guys -- in polygamist cultures it's all about males collecting lots of wives, usually in a way that gives the females very little say in the matter.

Traditionally, there is also a lot of overlap on the Venn diagram between "sister-wives" and "child brides." The leader of my old church married two of his nieces when they were just 16, as well as a third 16-year-old girl from another family. Then there was my sister's brother-in-law, who was accused of molesting his daughter. He admitted to it and was excommunicated ... then welcomed back a week later. At least two other men were accused and convicted of molesting their children. One guy had four daughters, every one of them a victim -- he spent years in prison despite his wife's defense of him.
By fonewear 2015-06-26 14:43:40
Link | Citer | R

I'm afraid to go on Facebook...but on the other hand I could easily use it as an excuse to delete people !
By fonewear 2015-06-26 14:44:37
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »

Quote:
And here's the thing: There are probably a lot of you who don't get why there's such a knee-jerk revulsion toward polygamy in the modern world. After all, if anyone can marry whom they choose, what's wrong with a bunch of women choosing to marry the same dude, or vice-versa? The problem is that, in the real world, it hasn't worked out that way. You'll notice you never hear about one woman marrying four guys -- in polygamist cultures it's all about males collecting lots of wives, usually in a way that gives the females very little say in the matter.

Traditionally, there is also a lot of overlap on the Venn diagram between "sister-wives" and "child brides." The leader of my old church married two of his nieces when they were just 16, as well as a third 16-year-old girl from another family. Then there was my sister's brother-in-law, who was accused of molesting his daughter. He admitted to it and was excommunicated ... then welcomed back a week later. At least two other men were accused and convicted of molesting their children. One guy had four daughters, every one of them a victim -- he spent years in prison despite his wife's defense of him.

You had me at 16 year old child bride !
VIP
By Terraka 2015-06-26 14:45:12
Link | Citer | R

First off, I just want to say this is a historic day for human rights. Congratulations to all the couples who are allowed to prove their love for each other by marriage! I've always been a supporter.

Yes, of course they'll be people who disapprove of this decision (as there are people who disapprove of every decision made), but in recent years there's been an increase in support for marriage equality.

But this also raises more issues. Now that marriage is equal, will they get the same "marriage rights" as straight couples? Not just the right to marry, but the right to put each other on their health insurance/life insurance etc., the right to speak for them in the event their partner is unable to speak for themselves, the right to file taxes together, etc?

Asura.Wormfeeder said: »
Wont change much when it comes to churches and priests who wont comply for religious reasons

Actually it's quite easy for someone to become ordained (my cousin did it in a few days) in order to marry people. You don't HAVE to get married at a church, get a marriage license, find an open-minded ordained minister, two witnesses and find a beautiful spot and exchange vows. There ya go! All done!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-06-26 14:45:34
Link | Citer | R

Anyone else find it funny that some of the people that argue against gay marriage and keeping it as "traditional marraige" are some of the same people that argue that marriage is a trap for men laid out by some sort of feminist agenda or whatever?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-26 14:46:51
Link | Citer | R

Anyone else find it funny that some of the people that argue against gay marriage and keeping it as "traditional marraige" are some of the same people that argue that marriage is a trap for men lais out by some sort of feminist agenda or whatever?

The only thing I can trust is my hand. And this bottle of Jergens.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-26 14:47:08
Link | Citer | R

Anyone else find it funny that some of the people that argue against gay marriage and keeping it as "traditional marraige" are some of the same people that argue that marriage is a trap for men lais out by some sort of feminist agenda or whatever?

You have to understand. Women "taking over" marriage is another change from tradition they look down upon.

They want a subservient sextoy that will shut up and leave them alone when she isn't cooking or being bent over.

Ideally their rich dad will give them a bunch of goats and some wheat, too?

I'm not really sure how far back they want their tradition to go. They're vague, at best.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-26 14:47:11
Link | Citer | R

Nothing funny about feminist agenda.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-26 14:47:14
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »

Quote:

Fundamentalist Mormon. Big difference.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-26 14:48:34
Link | Citer | R

Fundamentalist Mormon. Big difference.

Oh, yeah. Not denying that.

But they're the ones that actively practice polygamy.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-26 14:48:39
Link | Citer | R

Terraka said: »
First off, I just want to say this is a historic day for human rights. Congratulations to all the couples who are allowed to prove their love for each other by marriage! I've always been a supporter.

Yes, of course they'll be people who disapprove of this decision (as there are people who disapprove of every decision made), but in recent years there's been an increase in support for marriage equality.

But this also raises more issues. Now that marriage is equal, will they get the same "marriage rights" as straight couples? Not just the right to marry, but the right to put each other on their health insurance/life insurance etc., the right to speak for them in the event their partner is unable to speak for themselves, the right to file taxes together, etc?

Asura.Wormfeeder said: »
Wont change much when it comes to churches and priests who wont comply for religious reasons

Actually it's quite easy for someone to become ordained (my cousin did it in a few days) in order to marry people. You don't HAVE to get married at a church, get a marriage license, find an open-minded ordained minister, two witnesses and find a beautiful spot and exchange vows. There ya go! All done!

See you are using logic gay marriage is all about how you feel inside. We will leave the logic to the law makers. You get busy feeling again !
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14