Gay Marriage Now Legal Across The US

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Gay Marriage Now Legal Across the US
Gay Marriage Now Legal Across the US
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-26 13:31:42
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Polygamy:

Human tested, God approved.

Polygyny =/= Polygamy
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-26 13:32:10
Link | Citer | R

The entire world flooded but somehow the Native Americans survived, isolated from Eurasia for thousands of years until Christ showed up with blunderbuss, horses, pestilence and bayonets.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-26 13:32:42
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
It's not illegal, though, and it's been tested enough in the courts that they don't call it abuse, either. It's protected speech, even if I don't like it.

They're just too hypocritical to realize that they want to deny others the same freedoms that allow them to speak as they do.

Yeah, well. They didn't call beating your wife abuse many years ago either as long as "it wasn't an unreasonable amount of beating". There was no precident for raping your wife before...sadly not that long ago.

Hopefully we wake the *** up from this part of our hateful element sometime soon, too.

Would it surprise you to hear that I agree with you?
 Fenrir.Camiie
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-06-26 13:32:53
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
But if people can get gay married, they won't get straight married anymore, and the human species will die out.

[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-26 13:32:53
Link | Citer | R

The entire world flooded but somehow the Native Americans survived, isolated from Eurasia for thousands of years until Christ showed up with blunderbuss, horses, pestilence and bayonets.

There you go, getting all Darwinian.
[+]
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-06-26 13:33:54
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Legal decisions embolden other groups who thought that they didn't have a chance. I'm telling you, it's going to happen.

I agree. I don't really have an opinion either way; not my thing at all, but consenting adults, etc etc. Just fix the various applicable laws and regulations to compensate, and there you go.

For real, though; divorce attorneys nationwide are already salivating at the thought. ALL THE BILLABLE HOURS, FOREVER.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-26 13:35:58
Link | Citer | R

Drama Torama said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Legal decisions embolden other groups who thought that they didn't have a chance. I'm telling you, it's going to happen.

I agree. I don't really have an opinion either way; not my thing at all, but consenting adults, etc etc. Just fix the various applicable laws and regulations to compensate, and there you go.

For real, though; divorce attorneys nationwide are already salivating at the thought. ALL THE BILLABLE HOURS, FOREVER.

The question is, how will divorce courts decide who is the "wife" so they can screw over the "husband"?
By Ramyrez 2015-06-26 13:36:26
Link | Citer | R

Nah.

I'm just "speaking with feels", as they like to say.

I can't fathom thinking, "hey, it's a beautiful sunny day to spend with my child...WHY DON'T I GO HATE ON SOME nice people WITH LITTLE TIMMY!"

[Mod edit: Again, even in jest, that language is verboten. --Rooks]
[+]
By charlo999 2015-06-26 13:36:58
Link | Citer | R

Polygamy:

Slavery:

Except modern day slavery is vastly different to OT slavery that god approved.
Gods own people entered so called slavery.
It was simply a term to work for a household to pay off a debt. Or to work for a household for a better life. To which they were ordered by god to treat them as well as their own family.
We now have banks etc that have taken over this version of slavery, but now without the care.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-26 13:38:03
Link | Citer | R

Ugh. Ignore it. It's not worth the derail.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-26 13:38:46
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
Polygamy:

Polygyny =/= Polygamy

Well thats a word I haven't heard in a while.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-26 13:40:00
Link | Citer | R

Polygamy:

Polygyny =/= Polygamy

...I don't know I've ever heard it.

Is that, uh.

What I think it is?

I mean, are we talking two people, or one person with two...

*scratches head*

I think I'm gonna let this play out on its own.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-26 13:40:27
Link | Citer | R

Polygamy:

Polygyny =/= Polygamy

Not since Joseph and his peeps got booted out of Missouri.

I mean, are we talking two people, or one person with two...

Polygamy - Man or Woman having multiple spouses.

Polygyny - Man with multiple wives.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-26 13:44:25
Link | Citer | R

It's a specific term for the practice but polyandry almost never comes up in these types of conversations so it's understood that polygamy refers to a man w/multiple wives scenario.

But you are right.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-26 13:45:38
Link | Citer | R

Polygyny - Man with multiple wives.

Okay, well I was thinking "multiple vaginas" so I wasn't sure if it was several women or some sort of Japanese horror movie where it was one woman and they also had teeth.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-26 13:46:27
Link | Citer | R

Yeahhhhh...nope that just doesn't compute.

Benevolent Indentured Servitude reminds me of titles like Waste Collection Technician.

Nah.

I'm just "speaking with feels", as they like to say.

I can't fathom thinking, "hey, it's a beautiful sunny day to spend with my child...WHY DON'T I GO HATE ON SOME nice people WITH LITTLE TIMMY!"

[Mod edit: Again, even in jest, that language is verboten. --Rooks]

I couldn't do it either; I can't understand how people think that's healthy or okay. I've seen clips of supremacist families proudly teaching their kids those particular values and I don't get that either. My dad was racist. I never understood it, and so my kids are taught that all people are different and that judging based on skin color, gender, sexual orientation, disability status, or age is pointless. (I may have forgotten a category in this list. You see my point, I'm sure.)

Always keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-26 13:52:17
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
TAKEI: Indeed we see it as a challenge. It's going to be a -- a new challenge. But we are very mindful of that challenge that still remains. They are now -- some of these, um, states, are -- going to try to use the, uh, shroud of religious freedom. I believe in religious freedom, and people who argue that are entitled to their freedom. But they do not have the freedom to impose their religious values on to others. I've heard some of the people, uh, expressing their comments on the, uh, Supreme Court ruling, and they're entitled to that. But they are not entitled to impose their will on everybody.

George Takei on CNN.

The churches are gonna get it next. Gay activists are the only one's allowed to impose their will on everyone.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-06-26 13:59:10
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Quote:
TAKEI: Indeed we see it as a challenge. It's going to be a -- a new challenge. But we are very mindful of that challenge that still remains. They are now -- some of these, um, states, are -- going to try to use the, uh, shroud of religious freedom. I believe in religious freedom, and people who argue that are entitled to their freedom. But they do not have the freedom to impose their religious values on to others. I've heard some of the people, uh, expressing their comments on the, uh, Supreme Court ruling, and they're entitled to that. But they are not entitled to impose their will on everybody.
George Takei on CNN.
The churches are gonna get it next. Gay activists are the only one's allowed to impose their will on everyone.
He's talking about the religious freedom laws like the one that got shat on in Indiana that allow open discrimination against the LGBT community, but you can keep clutching your pearls if it helps.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-26 14:06:18
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Quote:
George Takei on CNN.
He's talking about the religious freedom laws like the one that got shat on in Indiana that allow open discrimination against the LGBT community, but you can keep clutching your pearls if it helps.

Religious freedom laws that enable people to refuse services (like performing marriage) to people whom their beliefs prohibit?

Oh ok just checking.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-06-26 14:08:53
Link | Citer | R

You know full well those laws were about private businesses and not religious entities. Or do you? No one cares.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-26 14:10:42
Link | Citer | R

You know full well those laws were about private businesses and not religious entities. Or do you? No one cares.

Hes talking about the ruling (it was recorded today), and he's telling everyone the activism is not over.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-06-26 14:13:28
Link | Citer | R

Yes, because bigoted little shitstains would still like to codify their beliefs into laws allowing open discrimination. There is nothing about 'coming after churches'. Why is this going in circles?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-26 14:15:16
Link | Citer | R

Nausi.

Gay people are getting married.

You are not being denied a single, solitary, precious freedom.

Even your right to be a hateful bigot.

Get the *** over it...and yourself.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-26 14:17:56
Link | Citer | R

I'm so happy that I can finally live in a world that feels on so many feels !
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-26 14:19:18
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
I'm so happy that I can finally level in a world that feels on so many feels !

What a crock.

We all know that's a lie, and that feeling happiness hurts your black, evil, feminist soul.
By fonewear 2015-06-26 14:19:30
Link | Citer | R

Nausi.

Gay people are getting married.

You are not being denied a single, solitary, precious freedom.

Even your right to be a hateful bigot.

Get the *** over it...and yourself.

You mad bro ?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-26 14:20:07
Link | Citer | R

Yes, because bigoted little shitstains would still like to codify their beliefs into laws allowing open discrimination. There is nothing about 'coming after churches'. Why is this going in circles?

So churches aren't discriminating against people if they refuse to marry them but businesses are if they abstain from baking a cake? You readily display a desire to make religious people pay for their beliefs and you expect everyone to just take your word that you'll stop your charge before you get to the doors of a church.

You're naked bud, you have no clothes on.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-26 14:20:37
Link | Citer | R

I'm so happy that I can finally live in a world that feels on so many feels !
Yay! Fone has arrived!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-26 14:20:40
Link | Citer | R

You mad bro ?

You might be directing that at the wrong person...I'm quite pleased today.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-26 14:22:18
Link | Citer | R

Grrr
GRRRR
GRRRRRR

I'm so mad, I'm gonna run a few tollbooths on the way home tonight.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14