Gay Marriage Now Legal Across The US

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Gay Marriage Now Legal Across the US
Gay Marriage Now Legal Across the US
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-06-26 13:19:58
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
So who has been clammoring for plural marriage? Has there been some kind of large movement I've been missing out on?

Old, Mennonite Flavin just hit the jackpot!!!
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-06-26 13:20:34
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Fenrir.Camiie said: »
Rooks said: »
Ragnarok.Yatenkou said: »
72 virgins for those who take their lives in the name of their god. Having a lot of wives is common in the Middle East, virgin or not.

I've got my hands full disappointing one woman, where do these people find the time?

Well at that point they do have all eternity...

It takes about 10000 years to master the female orgasm, give or a take a few millenia.

As I've learned, if you want something done right you have to do it yourself.
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-06-26 13:21:04
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Sorry, but you owe me a keyboard.

Glad you got a laugh. I told my brother and his partner the same joke, and now they've got me heading to the courthouse to see them get married. I had to put on pants today. Actions have consequences, my friends.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-26 13:21:23
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
It's not illegal, though, and it's been tested enough in the courts that they don't call it abuse, either. It's protected speech, even if I don't like it.

They're just too hypocritical to realize that they want to deny others the same freedoms that allow them to speak as they do.

Yeah, well. They didn't call beating your wife abuse many years ago either as long as "it wasn't an unreasonable amount of beating". There was no precident for raping your wife before...sadly not that long ago.

Hopefully we wake the *** up from this part of our hateful element sometime soon, too.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-26 13:22:07
Link | Citer | R

SOON YOU'LL BE ABLE TO MARRY YOUR PETS AND YOUR STAPLER AND YOUR VIRTUAL GIRLFRIEND YUYUKO AND AND AND....

Hey. You leave Yuyuko out of this. She consented to our dates and she's the most snuggly bodypillow ever at night. I clean out her exhaust ports and she greets me when I wake up with the most adorable panties.

CONSENTING ADULTS.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-26 13:22:27
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Omael said: »
I had to put on pants today
I'm really sorry.
Today was a loss for all humanity's freedom.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-06-26 13:22:39
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I don't see how this ruling opens the door for any other kind of marriage law. A case for polygamy could have been made long before today. No one seems to really want to though.
Yeah, it's not like a major hurdle of traditional religious custom has been deconstructed or anything in the last 4 hours. C'mon Pleebo, I thought you were one of the smart ones.
Traditional religious custom... hmm.... So why should an entire nation be bound to your traditional religious customs?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-26 13:22:49
Link | Citer | R

[Mod edit: Quoting and bolding a personal attack just means you get in trouble too, you know. --Rooks]
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-06-26 13:23:13
Link | Citer | R

I don't see how this ruling opens the door for any other kind of marriage law. A case for polygamy could have been made long before today. No one seems to really want to though.
Yeah, it's not like a major hurdle of traditional religious custom has been deconstructed or anything in the last 4 hours. C'mon Pleebo, I thought you were one of the smart ones.
You're right. It's actually been changing for centuries longer than 4 hours. Keep up.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-26 13:23:22
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
So who has been clammoring for plural marriage? Has there been some kind of large movement I've been missing out on?

Nope, but it's going to happen. Just wait.

I am of the opinion that whatever adults want to do in their home that doesn't cause harm to non-willing parties is fine. I'm sure plural marriage has a place in a progressive society, assuming there are measures to ensure it isn't used as a workaround for other laws: immigration, taxes, etc.

That said, polygyny was a thing for millenia. Heck, it was still a thing less than a hundred years ago in some states. It was the cause of the rift that separated the FLDS from the LDS.

You're right. It's actually been changing for centuries longer than 4 hours. Keep up.

I don't know why we have to keep pointing out that the biblical definition of marriage is one man and AT LEAST one woman.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-26 13:23:28
Link | Citer | R

Traditional religious custom... hmm.... So why should an entire nation be bound to your traditional religious customs?

"Freedom"
[+]
By barkley1 2015-06-26 13:23:30
Link | Citer | R

A god fearing man first;

Try to treat everyone with love (Say "Try" cause it does not happen 100% of the time cause I am only human; had my fair share of anger moments).
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-26 13:23:53
Link | Citer | R

They aren't, no one forces anyone into marriage.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-06-26 13:24:48
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

Old, Mennonite Flavin just hit the jackpot!!!
Oh god.. I laughed too loud at that one.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-26 13:25:16
Link | Citer | R

Also, since we're skiing down the slippery slope, why not consider robot/human marriages. Or alien/human marriages.

First you want gay marriage then next everyone will be marrying Asari, grays from the Horsehead Nebula and the reptilian overlords.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-26 13:26:06
Link | Citer | R

no one forces anyone into marriage.

Bwahahahahahahaha.

How blissfully naive.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-06-26 13:26:56
Link | Citer | R

It's common in several parts of the world, and now that a major hurdle has been jumped in the marriage monopoly, it's going to be an issue. Don't believe me if you don't want to, I don't care.
There are many things that are common in other parts of the world that no one really wants anything to do with here. Seems like a pretty weak argument to make based off of that lol...

As the dissent stated it was a lower hurdle to jump than same sex marriage and there hasn't been any kind of push to pursue it before so why would there be now?

I don't get the whole argument of omg gays can marry?!?!
But if people can get gay married, they won't get straight married anymore, and the human species will die out.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-26 13:27:16
Link | Citer | R

Not sure why polygamy should make us feel shocked or taken back on our views.

Someone wants polygamy!!
Ok. And..?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-26 13:27:21
Link | Citer | R

robot/human marriages

If synthesis is wrong, I don't wanna be right.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-26 13:27:58
Link | Citer | R

and the human species will die out.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-26 13:28:03
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Yeah, I can definitely see polygamy coming back in the US. Gotta love conspiracy theorists.

2 hours old!

Legal decisions embolden other groups who thought that they didn't have a chance. I'm telling you, it's going to happen.
[+]
By charlo999 2015-06-26 13:28:26
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
Okay, so apparently you don't understand why Christian churches don't comply with the Old Testament still.
So.... the 10 commandments are out?

All of them were reiterated in the New Testament to one extent or the other. And it doesn't invalidate everything from the Old Testament, mostly just the Mosaic Law.

I don't remember Jesus saying anything about homosexuality.

The people who rely on the Bible alone to make that judgment certainly have to stretch, so I'll give you that.

And so we're back to square one. Who's flavor of Christianity is right? The liberal Unitarians? The fire and brimstone Baptists? That bum claiming to have had a chat with Jesus? The stoner who thinks Jesus smoked a bowl? The scholars? The extremists?

Take it on faith, I 'spose.

The bible is right plain and simple.
Jesus fore-filled the 10 commandments to become a sinless sacrifice. His new commandments were a teaching on how to apply your self to others while still trying to live by those commandments.
The only difference is the context of punishment between old and new testiment.
You need to ask was gods punishment nessessary to accomplish the prophecy/witnesses and then coming of jesus though his peoples bloodline.
Looking at the days and teaching of noah it seems it was, the whole world was wicked.
Sacrifices of wicked people to save everyone. Including those sacrificed. Ie; eternal life for all.
So now the old punishments are not needed but the commandments are still something to try to live by.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-26 13:28:43
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
e at that point wouldn't you want at least one woman of the 72 to know her stuff well and not be a virgin? she can help educate the others. 72 virgins is just not as practical as 71+1

If they're not virgins they have expectations.

If they have expectations you have to try.

Better they have no clue and go through life as disposable *** dolls.

...at least, I assume that's the theory.

It's hard to tell with the religions that think more of livestock than women.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-26 13:28:47
Link | Citer | R

But if people can get gay married, they won't get straight married anymore, and the human species will die out.
Oh my god!
OH MY GOD!!
Our numbers are already dwindling since this announcement.
We're doomed, guys there's no escape anymore!!
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-26 13:28:55
Link | Citer | R

Polygamy:

Human tested, God approved.

Slavery:

Human tested, God approved.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-26 13:29:50
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Yeah, I can definitely see polygamy coming back in the US. Gotta love conspiracy theorists.

2 hours old!

Legal decisions embolden other groups who thought that they didn't have a chance. I'm telling you, it's going to happen.

By Ramyrez 2015-06-26 13:30:00
Link | Citer | R

Again; I don't see the problem.

Adjust the tax code, adjust insurance premiums, and go about your day because it doesn't affect you.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-26 13:31:00
Link | Citer | R

charlo999 said: »
Looking at the days and teaching of noah it seems it was.

Looking at the story of Noah literally is an indication you may need some anti-psychotic medications.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-26 13:31:35
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »

Again; I don't see the problem.

Adjust the tax code, adjust insurance premiums, and go about your day because it doesn't affect you.

I don't care, honestly. Mostly I'm just testing the waters to see how the double standard plays out.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14