users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » item explain
item explain
 Asura.Materdark
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Materdark 2015-05-16 16:53:33
Link | Citer | R

Can anyone explain to me regarding this item.

Whats does the red dot mean at the side?

And What does the red colour for perception +3 mean?
 Fenrir.Divinian
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2015-05-16 17:41:44
Link | Citer | R

The red dots are overmelds. This item only has one meld slot that will be a 100% success rate when trying to put materia into it. Any other melds done will suffer a penalty to success rate and the penalty increases based on the materia tier (I-IV). The penalty also increases for each successive overmeld.

The size of the dot, by the way, shows you what tier of materia was used to fill the slot.

The word perception is in red, because, although the materia used usually grants a bigger perception bonus, the particular item has reached its cap and is only allowing +3 of that bonus to apply to the gear.

Hope this helps.
[+]
 Asura.Materdark
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Materdark 2015-05-16 18:12:02
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Divinian said: »
The red dots are overmelds. This item only has one meld slot that will be a 100% success rate when trying to put materia into it. Any other melds done will suffer a penalty to success rate and the penalty increases based on the materia tier (I-IV). The penalty also increases for each successive overmeld.

The size of the dot, by the way, shows you what tier of materia was used to fill the slot.

The word perception is in red, because, although the materia used usually grants a bigger perception bonus, the particular item has reached its cap and is only allowing +3 of that bonus to apply to the gear.

Hope this helps.

so I take it the red colour "perception bonus" I won't get it because the gear item vale is low?
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2015-05-16 18:34:00
Link | Citer | R

You will get the +3, but if the gear perception cap was higher, the materia used would grant a higher bonus.
[+]
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2015-05-16 18:35:16
Link | Citer | R

If you are buying the item, you can just read that as perception +3. It only matters if you are crafting the item, since you will not receive the full materia bonus (could be like +5).
[+]