The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 150 151 152
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2016-04-05 00:32:18
Link | Citer | R

New item in patch.

Campestres's Cape -Back DEF:15 Avatar: Lv.+1 "Blood Pact" damage +5
[+]
By Verda 2016-04-05 00:56:15
Link | Citer | R

update hype :) Incoming level 123 carbuncle just cuz I can :P In all seriousness that cape should help out all physical blood pacts and I very much approve. I'm on the fence on magical ones but I think it will end up best for them as well.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2016-04-05 01:05:29
Link | Citer | R

Suppposedly we'll be able to augment these. Possible options are Pet m.acc/m.dmg +20, Pet acc/r.acc +20, pet attack/r.atk +20, pet haste +10 and pet regen+10. Its up in the air for the time being if we'll be able to add more than one of these augments to a single cape.
By Verda 2016-04-05 02:19:43
Link | Citer | R

Ya if we can augment it will be very nice.
 Asura.Xijaah
Serveur: Asura
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-04-05 03:42:05
Link | Citer | R

You can get all 3, it's been confirmed on the pup forums!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-05 03:44:25
Link | Citer | R

Yeah but there might still a shared cap, so that you need to decide how to spend.
Either you spend it all in a single category (and max it out) or spread it over to 2 or 3 augments, at which point you won't be able to max them out.

I'm skeptic on us being able to max out all 3 different categories, but that would be cool if possible of course.
 Asura.Xijaah
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-04-05 03:51:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Yeah but there might still a shared cap, so that you need to decide how to spend.
Either you spend it all in a single category (and max it out) or spread it over to 2 or 3 augments, at which point you won't be able to max them out.

I'm skeptic on us being able to max out all 3 different categories, but that would be cool if possible of course.
Or even an hidden feature that makes your computer blow up as soon as you reach max values in all 3 augments. Paranoid much? Lol
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-05 04:02:03
Link | Citer | R

No it's the way it's been worded in the patch notes, read that out, it's a bit vague.
We'll find out soon of course, but I'd prefer to hold my horses until then.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-05 04:14:33
Link | Citer | R

Going from this post from Stamos it seems there is no cap at all.
Meaning you can max out all 3 individual categories.

Nomnomnomnomnom.

I still have to understand if there's a limit on the number of "augment items" you can buy each month.
If there is that would "only" mean that it would take time to fully augment multiple capes, and nothing else.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-04-05 04:43:59
Link | Citer | R

You can buy 20 saps, 40 of the other two. Meaning you can max out two capes. But, from the looks of it, just two capes per month maxed out. Since that is all the augmenting materials you can buy.

(maybe you can't buy two of the same, but two different)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-05 07:21:34
Link | Citer | R

Think you can totally buy two different capes and it's already been said by someone? Waiting confirmation.

Someone else also mentioned that capes can also drop in the treasure pool when you beat the fight.
So in theory you can get many other capes.

The 2x capes max per month is still a big limitation but I think it's an acceptable compromise.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-04-05 09:59:09
Link | Citer | R

Big limitation? You people got too many damn jobs!
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-05 10:00:50
Link | Citer | R

Hey I only have 9!
 Ragnarok.Rydal
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-04-05 12:14:21
Link | Citer | R

The avatar level+1 is very nice. 121/123 Carbuncle/Cait Sith, 120/122 everyone else. Better than a lot of the other capes. I wonder what the augments are...
By Arcto 2016-04-05 14:25:00
Link | Citer | R

Augments available are in the patch notes
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2016-04-05 18:08:26
Link | Citer | R

I posted the potential pet augments in my post above. There are other, master related augments that are pretty good as well. Just hate the fact that we can only get 2 pet augments total and one master augment. The master augment I'd want is linked to the pet haste/regen category.

Anyone with the cape able to verify if the +1 Lv. effect is half of the Nirvana bonus?
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-04-05 18:42:52
Link | Citer | R

I think I'm probably going to be picking acc/atk over macc/mdmg. If it was macc/mab then it would be another story. With acc/atk, it should be the new best for physical BPs and Flaming Crush. It might even be the best magic BP cape even without the macc, it would lose skill compared to Conveyance but it may gain magic acc from the Lv+1 and would definitely gain INT.

As for haste vs. regen... I'm actually thinking regen. 10 regen is a lot, avatars don't have much HP just a lot of damage mitigation. Haste would be cool but let's face it, avatar melee damage is pitiful.
[+]
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2016-04-05 19:01:42
Link | Citer | R

I was thinking the same thing. But can do 2 capes a month anyways so Im going to do a physical and magic one. The cape should already add some m.dmg from +1 level, too.
 Asura.Patb
user: Patbee
By Asura.Patb 2016-04-05 19:09:18
Link | Citer | R

you can only do one per month per job. The NPC doesn't let you buy a second one.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Serveur: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-04-05 19:22:52
Link | Citer | R

How difficult is it to obtain this new cape?

Anyone tested stat increases from going to 122 (w/ Nivrana) on avatars? Is it a small or big jump in stats?
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2016-04-05 19:56:25
Link | Citer | R

If it works like Nirvana does with Seraphicaller it would be half of Lv+2 effect, so roughly +5 stats, 2 HP, 37 ATK, 28 ACC, 22 DEF, 22 EVA). But SE did make the Lv.+2 effect work differently if the avatar was iLvl from another source. There is always a chance it functions differently for 122/123 until someone confirms otherwise.
 Siren.Blackroses
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Blackroses 2016-04-05 21:05:26
Link | Citer | R

Naked, the acc difference is 37 for me, with ifrit, eva 23 once remove the acc bonus from the cape
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-04-05 22:02:52
Link | Citer | R

confirmed ilvl 122 Ramuh +37 acc +30 attk +23 eva/def so slightly over 50% of the +2 ilvl boost going from 119 to 121

Guessing it is +20eva/def with the extra 3 coming from +5 on every stats, that's close to the speculated +5 (1/2 of the +2 Nirvana ilvl boost) with rounding?

A big boost. Makes up for ilvl 119 tier 3 Nirvana not getting buffed.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2016-04-05 23:56:41
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »

I don't agree that this makes up for Nirvana 119 III not getting any relevant job boost, because everyone that is SMN benefits from it. It's still a great effect though. I just feel like I am now going to be forced to wear this cape all the time when my pet is out. It's just that good.
 Asura.Umisame
user: umii
By Asura.Umisame 2016-04-06 00:03:41
Link | Citer | R

What are you going to choose for your cape, pet haste or regen? I still dont know which one to choose.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-04-06 00:28:45
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Alistrianna said: »

I don't agree that this makes up for Nirvana 119 III not getting any relevant job boost, because everyone that is SMN benefits from it. It's still a great effect though. I just feel like I am now going to be forced to wear this cape all the time when my pet is out. It's just that good.

I noticed that while the amuscade capes are all generally best in slot or very good macro pieces when fully augmented, not all stats are equal. Some of the base stats are more of the same from the JSE capes, only PUP and SMN got a pet lvl +1 ; So it is a fairly big boost for us.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-04-06 00:33:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Umisame said: »
What are you going to choose for your cape, pet haste or regen? I still dont know which one to choose.

Regen for me; I can get up to +17 pet regen now, with capped out - perp even with favour on.

My max +refresh build would put me back to +11 (cape+Isa) to gain +4 refresh.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2016-04-06 00:51:35
Link | Citer | R

I noticed that while the amuscade capes are all generally best in slot or very good macro pieces when fully augmented, not all stats are equal. Some of the base stats are more of the same from the JSE capes, only PUP and SMN got a pet lvl +1 ; So it is a fairly big boost for us.
I'm not arguing against that point. Just stating my opinion on Nirvana 119 III.

Asura.Umisame said: »

If you don't want the pet haste or regen there are Fast Cast +10, Cure Potency +10 and a few other effects. I'm strongly considering Fast Cast +10 since pet haste only really useful for things avatars can hit and Regen only matters for fodder stuff. Hard content, avatars usually just get one shot. I'm up in the air as to what to pick for the Dust options. Evasion/Magic Evasion +20 feels like the onlu useful stats there since this cape is most likely one we would fulltiem when a pet is out.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-04-06 01:05:19
Link | Citer | R

+10 regen is huge. :)

And understood RE: Nirvana
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 150 151 152