The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 119 120 121 ... 149 150 151
 Asura.Jackflashh
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kido
By Asura.Jackflashh 2019-02-07 16:56:32
Link | Citer | R

Opinions on Adad/Shulmanu vs Collar+1 prior to getting +2?
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-02-07 17:41:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jackflashh said: »
Opinions on Adad/Shulmanu vs Collar+1 prior to getting +2?

+1 collar R20 beats both of those. Especially Shulmanu.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-02-10 16:18:24
Link | Citer | R

What is the best way to solo JP on SMN?
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-02-10 16:25:36
Link | Citer | R

inebriated
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-02-10 16:29:38
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
What is the best way to solo JP on SMN?

Flaming crush is your heavy hitting BP. Probably you should work in this set first then try one shooting mobs in reisen. If you can have some sort of fragmentation you can make light with FC for extra dmg.

But personally i would either ask to help as a suport job in a party (providing SMN buffs and favor) or working in Thunderspark set for cleaving if someone can pull large amount of mobs and you have other SMN or BLU to assist.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-02-10 17:14:35
Link | Citer | R

I don't really have these options as far as I know or they are limited in time, so I was wondering how to best use my alone time for this purpose.

I'll try the flaming crush stuff!
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-10 17:18:35
Link | Citer | R

oneshotting acucex or umbrils with ifrit isn't bad for solo, if you can pull it off.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-02-10 17:28:09
Link | Citer | R

I may be too low on MAB, I will have to try.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-02-10 17:43:49
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
inebriated
Automated.

Magic burst in apex camps, flaming crush in escha ruaun or apex bats. Find the highest per kill you can consistently oneshot with a BP or duo with a Bp skillchain.
By Pantafernando 2019-02-10 19:04:03
Link | Citer | R

Another option is if you can get some ambuscade party as smn you can quickly build up JPs as yuo need to kill multiple mobs.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-02-10 20:13:31
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I actually do that when I do lower difficulties, it's pretty nice.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Serveur: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2019-02-19 14:44:49
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have a link to the BPD vs pet:MAB calculator?
By Tomlaps 2019-02-19 15:48:17
Link | Citer | R

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2h2foy8c6idcmiw/smncalc.html

this?
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-02-20 10:31:12
Link | Citer | R

https://pastebin.com/eWurs5V1
 Shiva.Berzerk
Serveur: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2019-02-20 13:49:25
Link | Citer | R

Hey Pergatory, thanks for the one also. Have you found any place for relic +3 head or body in sets? I was thinking head would be good for magical BP and body for volt strike where acc not needed all that badly, but I don't see them in any of your sets.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-02-21 10:12:44
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Berzerk said: »
Hey Pergatory, thanks for the one also. Have you found any place for relic +3 head or body in sets? I was thinking head would be good for magical BP and body for volt strike where acc not needed all that badly, but I don't see them in any of your sets.
The head is more or less equal to Apogee Crown +1 path A for pure magic BPs. You'll still use the Apogee for Flaming Crush though, so I don't see a lot of point carrying the Glyphic too.

The body is ideal in some situations, like you said when acc isn't needed being the main one. If acc isn't needed, and you don't have Nirvana AM3 up, then relic body is best for Volt Strike, Pred Claws, etc. Otherwise artifact.

My sets here are only loosely updated. If you ever want to know what I'm actually using at the moment, check my Lua on the same site: https://pastebin.com/u/pergatory
[+]
By DaneBlood 2019-03-03 11:30:56
Link | Citer | R

is there a way to see what freaking weather/light you are missing to unlock smn ?
 Odin.Eohuo
Serveur: Odin
user: Eohuo
By Odin.Eohuo 2019-03-06 14:27:38
Link | Citer | R

Random question - without the use of Relic +3 body+, is it better to stick with helios feet (DA, Att, BP Dmg) and Apogee head +1 on path B rather than 2 helios pieces? or would 2x helios still win out for things like volt strike?

edit: with AM3 down
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-03-07 09:56:30
Link | Citer | R

Even with AM3 up and relic body equipped (which isn't a great idea), the Helios head would still beat Apogee Crown +1. There's not really a situation where Apogee Crown is better for Volt. I've been meaning to take it out of my AM3 set for a while now and just always use Helios Band.
By Autocast 2019-03-14 03:25:54
Link | Citer | R

Anyone mind sharing Reisenjima helm info for conduit burns? I know this is all old info but all I can really find while searching is complaining about summoner and no actual info on what is required.

Looking for minimum group compositions, strats, any tips ect ect.

few years late but friend and I intend to start farming aeonics soon and are going with summoners, everything but reis HELMs i'm aware of so just looking to see what I can expect when it comes to them.

Assuming 5 man team, 2 summoner, run, geo, cor (cor doesn't need aeonics so can drop party if lowering the mob hp will make things more doable), All proper remas (nirvanas, epeo, idris, least +7 cor) and higher end/close to BIS relevant gear sets for all chars involved, which ones should we have no problem with and which ones will we need to invite others to get done, and what jobs would said others have to be. Appreciate any help.
By Wotasu 2019-03-14 04:30:59
Link | Citer | R

Autocast said: »
Anyone mind sharing Reisenjima helm info for conduit burns? I know this is all old info but all I can really find while searching is complaining about summoner and no actual info on what is required.

Looking for minimum group compositions, strats, any tips ect ect.

few years late but friend and I intend to start farming aeonics soon and are going with summoners, everything but reis HELMs i'm aware of so just looking to see what I can expect when it comes to them.

Assuming 5 man team, 2 summoner, run, geo, cor (cor doesn't need aeonics so can drop party if lowering the mob hp will make things more doable), All proper remas (nirvanas, epeo, idris, least +7 cor) and higher end/close to BIS relevant gear sets for all chars involved, which ones should we have no problem with and which ones will we need to invite others to get done, and what jobs would said others have to be. Appreciate any help.

You want a brd for Vinipata & Albumen. Wait for mijin(all 21+ away) or try to lullaby b4, try to position pets on diffrent sides on albumen incase he turns. 3rd smn for Erinys and Ony to ac Mew, tank need to tag all adds on Erinys b4 you can start ac mew. Any extra carry you more or less need an extra Smn.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-03-14 11:18:42
Link | Citer | R

To add to Wotasu's post:

Vinipata: Pop with a lot of buffs on the tank. Like a full row at least. Lullaby the adds, and do not debuff Vinipata himself AT ALL. No Dia, nothing. That should ensure Raksha stance. Once he uses Raksha Stance or any Raksha TP move, SMN can send in Ramuh and begin Conduit. Spreading out a little like you do in Albumen isn't a bad idea because he has some conal moves.

Zerde: Need a good stunner to stun Just Desserts. Even one of those getting through can often result in failure. Use Fire Rayke/Gambit (Rayke is crucial), and ideally 2 GEO (Malaise, Frailty, and Languor are all advised, maybe use Focus for 4th bubble to prevent Stun resist). Use Flaming Crush. 1 SMN is enough for this.

Teles: Pretty straight-forward. She opens with a bard song, then wind spell (usually Aeroja). Not a bad idea to wait for the first wind spell before sending Ramuh in. If she uses Mute aura, run outside 30' to resummon.

Schah: Dumb zerg. Start fast. Win fast. Use Subterfuge. Pray for no Malign Invocation.

Erinys: Dumb non-zerg. Don't even need Conduit. Just keep the Mewing Lullabies coming every 22 sec or so. Do not Assault Erinys, stand right next to him so you can BP him without Assaulting. If you're going to get AM3, I recommend using Garland on an add instead of main NM to avoid feeding TP. Mewing SMN can use Regal Gash to skillchain with Volt if they'd like.

Ony: Similar to Erinys. Needs Mewing Lullaby as well, although it's not quite as crucial to keep up the pace, and absolutely DO NOT use Regal Gash here (swapping back and forth between Cait & Ramuh is possible, don't try that on Erinys though). Stand next to him and don't Assault. Don't use Garland at all. If you want AM3 for this fight, get it before the pop. Once he's under 50%, don't BP while he's casting spells. Earth spells mean he absorbs physical until next fire cast. Change to Diabolos and use Night Terror with Malaise up. Dark Gambit helps too. (Don't forget to unlock your weapon for the second half if you have it locked for AM3.)
By Autocast 2019-03-14 16:06:55
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for all the tips, so from what I'm seeing it isn't really possible for us to clear this with just our 5 chars eh? (4 in party as cor can drop after rolls) Looking like at minimum we have to invite a brd for vini/albumen and an additional smn, at least for everything but ony/eriny which we can do slowly with just our two smns?
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-03-14 16:43:15
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for all the tips, so from what I'm seeing it isn't really possible for us to clear this with just our 5 chars eh? (4 in party as cor can drop after rolls) Looking like at minimum we have to invite a brd for vini/albumen and an additional smn, at least for everything but ony/eriny which we can do slowly with just our two smns?

need a stunner for zerde, but also need a sch 1hr fusion sc spam, while the smn spam meteor strike for 99ks.
 Asura.Bertoli
user: gario1
By Asura.Bertoli 2019-03-14 17:29:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chaostaru said: »

need a stunner for zerde, but also need a sch 1hr fusion sc spam, while the smn spam meteor strike for 99ks.

Before any in my group had Nirvana we would use SC Meteor Strike but after Nirvana we would simply FC him down.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-03-14 17:55:07
Link | Citer | R

Yeah good point, if the group doesn't have Nirvanas, you may need to do the SCH Fusion method with magic bursts for Zerde.

Looking like at minimum we have to invite a brd for vini/albumen and an additional smn
No additional SMN needed if you have good gear and skill. They can all be done with 2. Erinys & Ony will be slow due to needing one SMN on Mewing duty, but you can make up for that by using Conduit on them. 3 SMN can kill them both very easily without Conduit.

Really I think it's the BRD you're lacking for Vini/Albu, and the extra GEO or the SCH for Zerde depending on your strat. Also there are some fights where you may struggle without a WHM. Albumen comes to mind, he has Enpetrify and it resets hate, so tank needs to be unpetrified immediately in order to get hate back. (Using Battuta can go a long way toward preventing it from landing.) Besides that, I don't think you need anything else. Again, that's assuming your SMN have good gear and are good at doing Conduit.

Also, I'm by no means saying that 3 SMN won't increase your chances of success, as it certainly will. 2 SMN = they better bring their A game. 3 SMN = much safer.
By Autocast 2019-03-14 18:01:18
Link | Citer | R

Appreciate all your help, Both smns will have nirvana and everything in the BIS thread, minus +2 necks. All the chars involved minus the cor will be at that level of gear.

The cor also has master whm, so assuming for conduit fights it seems feasible it would be able to 9min~ roll on the smns then change jobs and be back with enough time on rolls left for the duration of a conduit no? My summoner also has well geared rema brd, but of course that drops us down to 1smn.

How would geo fare for zerde stunning? taking advantage of 5/5 inspiration to reach recast reduction (or extremely close with haste2 and some higher magic acc FC pieces + cap gear haste of course) while allowing them to focus primarily on magic acc in the other slots, feel like I've seen geos do the stunning on zerde before.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Autocast 2019-03-14 22:55:04
Link | Citer | R

I see, thanks for the info.

Seems like outside of bad luck/mistakes, once we get comfortable with it, we should be able to 5man all but vini/albumen which we will need to invite a brd, that sound about right? and of course adding a pug smn when able just to make things a bit more reliable.
First Page 2 3 ... 119 120 121 ... 149 150 151