Anti-Vaccination Legislative Win In California

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Anti-Vaccination Legislative win in California
Anti-Vaccination Legislative win in California
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17
 Asura.Ivlilla
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-20 08:36:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Asura.Ivlilla said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
You can still educate yourself if teachers didn't help you.
That requires effort, which most people are unwilling to use.

Also requires knowledge in the source material, which most people are unable to comprehend.

Case in point: Truth and Justice.

What do Chuck Norris' fists have to do with this?
You weren't here for this, I take it

No, I definitely wasn't here for that, but I'm not gonna comment. As a passionate monarchist, I find democracy silly to begin with.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-20 08:36:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
These are all things anyone should already know...it blows my mind it isn't just common knowledge.

And having gone to a bad school isn't much of an excuse imo, most of the stuff I've learned came from personal research. You can still educate yourself if teachers didn't help you.

It's high school biology, something most people were forced to take and probably did a brain dump after passing whatever test was associated with it.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-20 08:38:25
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
Also, people frown on eugenics.
Alright I'll say something controversial: if our ability in the field of genetic manipulation was so good that we could apply eugenics without discarding people for it, I say bring it on!

*Innuendo guitar solo*
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-20 08:38:50
Link | Citer | R

No, I definitely wasn't here for that, but I'm not gonna comment. As a passionate monarchist, I find democracy silly to begin with.
Damn Monarchist!

Go back in time and take over France! Or just take over France now. They need the help.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-04-20 08:39:02
Link | Citer | R

It's high school biology, something most people were forced to take and probably did a brain dump after passing whatever test was associated with it.

It was, until parents started giving teachers the same treatment they got for teaching about evolution.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-20 08:40:51
Link | Citer | R

Alright I'll say something controversial: if our ability in the field of genetic manipulation was so good that we could apply eugenics without discarding people for it, I say bring it on!

*Innuendo guitar solo*

The problem with eugenics is the same problem with a lot of other things. It has bad associations, so no matter how good it would be if properly implemented, it's "evil", and, secondly, that people thing that their feelings should dictate how the world is run, instead of their logic and reason. Or maybe they think that their feelings should dictate reality because they have no logic or reason. Chicken-and-the-Egg problem there.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-20 08:42:03
Link | Citer | R

Damn Monarchist!

Go back in time and take over France! Or just take over France now. They need the help.

Sorry, too busy plotting to have the Kaiser returned to power whilst humming Deutschlandlied.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-04-20 08:42:38
Link | Citer | R

A plate of tuna gives you more mercury than a vaccine.

Tuna causes autism.

Did you know the average fish contains more mercury than a rectal thermometer?

WOULD YOU EAT A RECTAL THERMOMETER? ANSWER ME DAMN YOU!

Mmmm...Are we talkin' with or without a side of E. Coli? If passing the glass shards and the mercury don't get you, there's always E. Coli roulette! :D

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Serveur: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-20 08:44:44
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Mmmm...Are we talkin' with or without a side of E. Coli? If passing the glass shards and the mercury don't get you, there's always E. Coli roulette! :D
Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
Why repent? I'll save you all!

RED CARD! BLANTANT AND IRRESPONSIBLE DISREGARD OF THE SOURCE MATERIAL.

[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-20 08:46:31
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
Why repent? I'll save you all!

RED CARD! BLANTANT AND IRRESPONSIBLE DISREGARD OF THE SOURCE MATERIAL.

Don't you mean BIZARRO disregard?
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-20 08:49:06
Link | Citer | R

I'm Bizzaro Stormy.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-20 08:51:43
Link | Citer | R

I'm of the opinion that there aren't really any more gay men now than in prior times. It's just that for most of human history, it didn't matter if you liked to *** men, you were still going to marry a woman and have kids. It's very interesting to me now that being "gay" as a "lifestyle" is socially acceptable, or, at least, not gonna get you stoned to death, in most of the developed world, to see what happens when gay men just stop having kids because they're no longer pressured by society to actually do so.

If homosexuality is genetic (male homosexuality specifically, for the above), and is not the result of a SNP, then it's something that could be bred out of the population if gay men stop having kids. So, in theory, in a couple of hundred years would could have a definite answer to the "born that way or choose to be gay" argument that sometimes comes up.

And I'm not exact sure of the exact bounds of what is acceptable to post on this site, or I'd say more.

Genetic vs. simple preference is questionable at best. Also, given the omnipresence of homosexuals throughout history despite many societies looking down upon the act (therefore, underreporting of the phenomena), you'll likely never get to the bottom of that one.

Most definitely can't be genetic, it wouldn't of survived the dozens or so generations it takes for a random mutation to become permanently part of our genome not to mention how homosexuality has arisen in nearly all genetically separated variants once social stability is established. The "but they were forced to have children" explanation doesn't work since this mutation would of happened at least a hundred thousand years ago, long before "society" or even complex language existed. Women have also out reproduced men at a ratio of five to one so a random mutation that lowered a males desire to win access to female reproduction rights would of been disastrous and squashed fairly quickly by natural selection.

This talks about it a bit, notable a huge bottleneck that appeared when "society" started that caused only one male to successfully reproduce for every seventeen females vs the typical four or five females for every male.

http://www.psmag.com/nature-and-technology/17-to-1-reproductive-success

http://genome.cshlp.org/content/early/2015/03/13/gr.186684.114.abstract

Since we can sequence the genome, Y chromosome DNA is representative of male reproduction while mitochondria DNA is representative of female reproduction. We can actually compare these numbers and nature was not kind to men, they lived short brutal lives and died at a much higher rate then females but those that survived and won the genetic lottery won it big.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-20 08:55:58
Link | Citer | R

*Innuendo guitar solo*

The big ethical problem comes from who gets to decide what is and is not good? Only the wealthy would be able to afford it, which would give them an even better competitive advantage then they already have from generations of carefully controlled marriages. People would start choosing to have smarter, faster, stronger, taller and more competitive children which would create a secondary caste of non-genetically optimized children that could never compete. And that's without getting into the whole racial aspect of choosing your child's ethnic features.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-20 09:05:56
Link | Citer | R

*Innuendo guitar solo*

The big ethical problem comes from who gets to decide what is and is not good? Only the wealthy would be able to afford it, which would give them an even better competitive advantage then they already have from generations of carefully controlled marriages. People would start choosing to have smarter, faster, stronger, taller and more competitive children which would create a secondary caste of non-genetically optimized children that could never compete. And that's without getting into the whole racial aspect of choosing your child's ethnic features.

Man, I love when an allegorical episode of Star Trek can pretty much sum up the entire conversation.

Plato's Stepchildren
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-20 09:08:31
Link | Citer | R

I'm of the opinion that there aren't really any more gay men now than in prior times. It's just that for most of human history, it didn't matter if you liked to *** men, you were still going to marry a woman and have kids. It's very interesting to me now that being "gay" as a "lifestyle" is socially acceptable, or, at least, not gonna get you stoned to death, in most of the developed world, to see what happens when gay men just stop having kids because they're no longer pressured by society to actually do so.

If homosexuality is genetic (male homosexuality specifically, for the above), and is not the result of a SNP, then it's something that could be bred out of the population if gay men stop having kids. So, in theory, in a couple of hundred years would could have a definite answer to the "born that way or choose to be gay" argument that sometimes comes up.

And I'm not exact sure of the exact bounds of what is acceptable to post on this site, or I'd say more.

Genetic vs. simple preference is questionable at best. Also, given the omnipresence of homosexuals throughout history despite many societies looking down upon the act (therefore, underreporting of the phenomena), you'll likely never get to the bottom of that one.

Most definitely can't be genetic, it wouldn't of survived the dozens or so generations it takes for a random mutation to become permanently part of our genome not to mention how homosexuality has arisen in nearly all genetically separated variants once social stability is established. The "but they were forced to have children" explanation doesn't work since this mutation would of happened at least a hundred thousand years ago, long before "society" or even complex language existed. Women have also out reproduced men at a ratio of five to one so a random mutation that lowered a males desire to win access to female reproduction rights would of been disastrous and squashed fairly quickly by natural selection.

This talks about it a bit, notable a huge bottleneck that appeared when "society" started that caused only one male to successfully reproduce for every seventeen females vs the typical four or five females for every male.

http://www.psmag.com/nature-and-technology/17-to-1-reproductive-success

http://genome.cshlp.org/content/early/2015/03/13/gr.186684.114.abstract

Since we can sequence the genome, Y chromosome DNA is representative of male reproduction while mitochondria DNA is representative of female reproduction. We can actually compare these numbers and nature was not kind to men, they lived short brutal lives and died at a much higher rate then females but those that survived and won the genetic lottery won it big.

I'm too tired to look up the proper names for things at the moment.

You're overlooking a couple of different things. If homosexuality is genetic, it will only tend to disappear from a population if the behaviors or other traits caused by the gene have a negative impact on the gene's ability to reproduce itself. It has been well established that there are genes which are beneficial to one sex, but detrimental to the other, in many species. If Gene A caused half of your male offspring to never reproduce, but causes your female offspring to have twice as many offspring, then it's not going to get weeded out.

The mechanism by which a gene can affect sexual reproduction and selection need not be limited to gross effects like medea genes. For example, look at kin altruism.

If a homosexual member of the population, in not having children, was a genetic dead end for the gene or gene complex that caused them to be homosexual, but, their lack of offspring, and then competition by their offspring, and by them for their offspring, for resources (food, living space, attention, whatever), caused an increase in those things for the offspring of the homosexual individual's siblings who carried the gene, but either as a recessive in one form or another, or in the form of a gene that only expresses itself and therefore causes homosexuality in a specific sex, and this increase in resources for the nieces and nephews of the homosexual individual caused a significant enough increase in their survival and ability to reproduce, this would propagate such a gene.

JBS Haldane has a somewhat famous quip about he'd die for two brothers, four cousins, or eight nephews, or something to the effect.

A problem people often face in coming to grasp with genes and their expression when affecting complex behavior is that what is good for the individual and what is good for the gene are not always the same thing. Just look at a mantis. Allowing your mate your eat your head is very bad for the individual, but that behavior causes the female with whom the male has just mated to have a massive increase in calories (and useful ones, too, since nothing contains exactly everything you need in nutrients like a healthy member of your own species), which leads to an increased number of offspring. So what is bad for the individual (dying) is good for the gene (which gets passed on in larger amount/to more descendants because of said death).

That's one example, and we could argue all day about whether that qualifies as a 'genetic' example, but the concept stands. DNA has only one purpose in life, and that is to make more DNA. And life has only one purpose, and that is to help DNA make more DNA.

So it's very likely that homosexuality very well could be a 'beneficial' mutation, in that your gay uncle who never had kids isn't going to compete as hard against his brothers and sisters for a job or other resources, because he won't have kids that will require those resources, and thus there will be more of those resources for his niece and nephews, and, in a species like Homo sapiens, your gay uncle will have no kids of his own to take care of, and can spend time looking after his nieces and nephews, and providing for them, which would increase their chances of survival, and, thusly, of reproducing, and, therefore, of passing said gene or gene complex, etc, on to another generation.
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-20 09:15:42
Link | Citer | R

Consider also certain forms of bamboo. They will live for decades, without reproducing, and then suddenly they all reproduce all at the same time, and then all die off.

There is a belief that evolution is a constant arms race between parasite and host. Hosts tend to have significantly longer life spans than their parasites. This means that parasites can, in one generation of a host species, become extremely adapted to the dominant 'strain' of that species. Sexual reproduction scrambles the password, so to speak, and therefore, what was very good at killing one's parents's generation will likely not be so good at killing their children.

So you have a species of bamboo which lives for decades, during which time hundreds of generations of parasites of that species of bamboo can come and have gone. Then the bamboo all reproduce, all at once, which changes the mix of Ican'trememberthewordIwanttodescribehowimmuneresponseandparasitismthingyworks in the next generation, and then, on top of that, they parents all die off, so they are not competing with their children for resources.

Imagine if, as soon as one's children were all adults, humans were irresistibly compelled to kill themselves. It'd make the job market a lot better, wouldn't it? Real estate prices would go down, too. It might be a bad analogy, but such is life in the Red Queen zone. The worst competition comes from one's own species, and dying in furtherance of the propagation of one's own genes is great for the genes, but shitty for the individual.

And I'm very tired, and it's been a long time since I actually had to care about this stuff academically.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-20 09:22:11
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

Which is why you should be very areful before saying things like this.

Quote:
So it's very likely that homosexuality very well could be a 'beneficial' mutation, in that your gay uncle who never had kids isn't going to compete as hard against his brothers and sisters for a job or other resources, because he won't have kids that will require those resources, and thus there will be more of those resources for his niece and nephews, and, in a species like Homo sapiens, your gay uncle will have no kids of his own to take care of, and can spend time looking after his nieces and nephews, and providing for them, which would increase their chances of survival, and, thusly, of reproducing, and, therefore, of passing said gene or gene complex, etc, on to another generation.

And none of that would of meant a damn thing 100,000 years ago when there was no communication, no society and your "resources" were what you could hold in your hands. Stop applying relatively modern constructs to proto-human existences, they are very much alien to each other.

Did you miss the four to five females reproducing for every one male part? A homosexual male child is an evolutionary disaster, that's four to five potential children gone. We are a species that, in our natural state, the men fiercely compete with each other for access to the females reproduction system. We form tribes and due to the females having hidden ovulation, the males do not know which children are theirs.

There never was a homosexual genetic mutation, only scenarios where males no longer need to fiercely compete with each other over scarce resources. When that happens, men can do whatever they want and that can include forgoing entirely the giant headache that is women and just seeking sexual pleasure with other like minded men.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-20 09:22:49
Link | Citer | R

Imagine if, as soon as one's children were all adults, humans were irresistibly compelled to kill themselves.

Wasn't there a movie about this concept (kind of)?

[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-20 09:26:05
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

Which is why you should be very areful before saying things like this.

Quote:

And none of that would of meant a damn thing 100,000 years ago when there was no communication, no society and your "resources" were what you could hold in your hands. Stop applying relatively modern constructs to proto-human existences, they are very much alien to each other.

Did you miss the four to five females reproducing for every one male part? A homosexual male child is an evolutionary disaster, that's four to five potential children gone. We are a species that, in our natural state, the men fiercely compete with each other for access to the females reproduction system. We form tribes and due to the females having hidden ovulation, the males do not know which children are theirs.

There never was a homosexual genetic mutation, only scenarios where males no longer need to fiercely compete with each other over scarce resources. When that happens, men can do whatever they want and that can include forgoing entirely the giant headache that is women and just seeking sexual pleasure with other like minded men.

Oh, sorry. I didn't know we had God here in this thread to give us absolute certainty with his vaunted Omniscience as to the existence, or lack thereof, of a thing.

While you're here, O Lord, could you please smite the unbelievers?
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-20 09:30:21
Link | Citer | R

A homosexual male child is an evolutionary disaster, that's four to five potential children gone.

Good. The lizard men need to get theirs, eventually.

men can do whatever they want and that can include forgoing entirely the giant headache that is women

Well when you treat women like ***and refuse to even consider them as equals, what do you expect?
By charlo999 2015-04-20 09:34:17
Link | Citer | R

charlo999 said: »

The rest is ... nonsense.
Care to elaborate? Or has this turned into a, put fingers in ears response, because you said so.

Are you saying the immune system doesn't have a multi barrier response system that a direct injection bypasses?
And the viruses in vaccines aren't modified or dead to lower natural true response for safety?

Because everything they said is bullsh!t.

There are different ways to formulate a vaccine depending on it's infection vector and how potent it can be. The most common is to take a dead or dying virus inside it's protein sheath and inject it into the hosts blood stream, this causes the immune system to interpret it as an invader and build an antibody that responds to the virus's external protein configuration. This is the bodies primary immunity system and is whats responsible for removing viral invaders. There is absolutely no difference in the human bodies reactions vs this method or a live virus as they have the exact same protein sheath.

There are two barriers, external and internal. External is your epidermal which is primary staffed by benevolent bacteria that act to repel most harmful bacteria but since we're discussing viral vaccines we only need to talk about the internal barrier which is your autoimmune system.

I don't know many viruses that enter though the skin (none which have been mentioned)so I dot know why you mentioned that. Unless this was your mistake.
Your/we are obviously talking about the innate immune system and the adaptive immune system.

So ill direct you here
Wiki took like 1 min to find.

Quote:
The major functions of the vertebrate innate immune system include:

Recruiting immune cells to sites of infection, through the production of chemical factors, including specialized chemical mediators, called cytokines
Activation of the complement cascade to identify bacteria, activate cells, and promote clearance of antibody complexes or dead cells
The identification and removal of foreign substances present in organs, tissues, the blood and lymph, by specialised white blood cells
Activation of the adaptive immune system through a process known as antigen presentation

Looks like your wrong. The innate activates the adaptive meaning the innate barriers are bypassed.

Quote:
"Good health / nutrition" absolutely can not take the place of antibodies, the most they can do is keep the host alive and assist in the immune system forming those antibodies and then mass producing white blood cells to eat the invading virus.

Who said nutrition is a cure on its own.
You basically agree here that the body is already capable and that nutrition is the fuel for it to do that job.
Essentially what we are saying is happening nowadays, starvation of the immune system, which is a problem.

Quote:
"Good diet / nutrition" is important for general health, as is frequent physical activity. That health makes your body stronger and more robust in fighting off all forms of infection

Seen as most viral desease kill through complications through other means ; infection, pneumonia, etc. which is delt with by the innate system. Which makes nutrition two fold important.
Helping both systems as you've already agreed.
Which work in tandem with each other.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-20 09:34:22
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Oh, sorry. I didn't know we had God here in this thread to give us absolute certainty with his vaunted Omniscience as to the existence, or lack thereof, of a thing.

And when you can no longer debate you resort to personal attack and ridicule, nice.

Listen, I don't care what makes people feel happy or what they wish would of happened, I only care about the hard information. That information points to us being a very ugly, fiercely competitive species where the males fought over rights to the females. These competitions were not lethal and were more shows of force and ability to dominate each other. Females were passed around the tribe as the top male got his pick but would frequently be replaced by another male, who couldn't be sure which children were his and thus didn't kill them all off. We know this from genetic evidence. We weren't egalitarian, we weren't some gia worshiping super nice people. We were nasty, violent and brutish for the vast majority of our existence. A random genetic mutation that lowers reproduction rate of males simply wouldn't of survived long enough to become a permanent part of our genome, it would of been drowned out by all the other beneficial mutations that involve reproducing.

Now you can conjecture all you want, but I'll just view you the same as I do anti-vax boy up above. Merely someone values what they want to be true over what's likely to be true.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-04-20 09:37:27
Link | Citer | R

It seems like that article is weighing a little too heavily on wealth and only touches on the viability and success of Y Chromosome fertilization when factors like seasons and the availability of food. (I'm trying to find an article that uses the dust-up in Kosovo as a recent indicator at the moment.)

Not to mention, that the lifespan of the X and Y sperm can be dependent on the PH levels of the mother and how close the mother is to her date of ovulation. That Y is impatient, and will check out before the X if it's left twiddling its' thumbs.

EDIT: Looks like we're already going this route. :/

DOUBLE EDIT: Choo-choo! The typical Seavel thought train we've come to know and love (?) is leaving P&R Central Station. Is anyone surprised at this point?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-20 09:37:54
Link | Citer | R

New study founds eating is necessary for survival.

World in shock at the discovery.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-20 09:39:44
Link | Citer | R

A homosexual male child is an evolutionary disaster, that's four to five potential children gone.

Good. The lizard men need to get theirs, eventually.

men can do whatever they want and that can include forgoing entirely the giant headache that is women

Well when you treat women like ***and refuse to even consider them as equals, what do you expect?

Oh projecting much are we.

Everything I say is based on unbiased scientific evidence, hard evidence dealing with genetics, biology, evolutionary psychology and neuroscience. Did you know that human dimorphism is extremely internal? Male and female brains are different since before birth and develop differently. Male and female bodies have radically different levels of androgynous hormones. Homo sapiens males and females are specialized for different roles in the grant game called life. We just happened to develop higher order thinking recently which has some of us thinking we are different from the other animal species on the planet.

What you would call a "hate fact", I just call truth.
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-20 09:43:43
Link | Citer | R

If homosexuality is genetic, the odds of it being due to a SNP are so incredibly low that we can safely disregard the possibility in its entirety. There is no specific allele that codes for "the gay", and we'll never be able to say someone is hetero- or homo-zygous for "the gay".

It is very well possible that there are multiple genes involved in the mechanics of sexual attraction. Actually, there most certainly are. Therefore, given that said genes exist, and, operating under the assumption that there is no single specific gene that says "I like redheads" anymore than there is one that says "I like to engage in penis fencing", we are face with the idea that, just as there are "degrees" of homosexuality, that is, homo-/hetero-sexuality is not a Boolean condition, but a spectrum along which one may find one's self (a la Kinsey), that what is most likely is that, should homosexuality have any genetic basis whatsoever, that there is more than one gene at play, and that, again, should there be a genetic basis, then it is the result of the interactions of multiple genes in concert, and that this could explain why there are are varying degrees of heterosexual and homosexual inclination.

However, nothing occurs in a vacuum. You can have all the tallest of the tall genes in the world, but a childhood of poor nutrition will never see you shoot up to eight feet. Sexual attraction is a complex thing, to say the least. There is a definite psychological component to sexual attraction (see: fetishists, and -philiacs), and any genetic predisposition towards a particular complex behavior pattern can be encouraged or discouraged via conditioning.

The simple fact of the matter is we do not know for sure whether it is biological, psychological, or both and in what ratio, and even then, said ratio could vary from person to person, population group to population group. The *only* people who will adamantly proclaim, with utter certainty, that it is either nature or nurture, are people with a political ideology to back here, and therefore I cannot trust them.

I personally do not give a damn whether or not homosexuality is nature, nurture, or some combination of the two, except in the same sort of vague disinterested interest I display in a great deal many other things. It would be interesting to know, but I doubt we will ever know with any great deal of certainty, and in any case, I don't particularly care. Furthermore, I don't give a damn if it's either all nature or all nurture (both of which I do not think are likely in any case), as I need seek no justification for either a prejudice against homosexuals that I don't have (and therefore do not require justification for), or to defend against such.

I do not give a bent penny for who touches naughty bits to other naughty bits as long as it is consensual, safe, and done responsibly. And please do not try to start an age of consent argument, as that is beyond the scope of this conversation. If you have a *** and you like ***, that's none of my goddamn business. Same for vagina on vagina. I don't think it is immoral or a sin. It does not affect me.

What does affect me is the constant *** petty bickering on both sides seeking to find some scientific justification for their own prejudice and preconceptions. It pisses me the *** off.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-20 09:44:03
Link | Citer | R

Oh projecting much are we.

Not so much projecting, but I suppose, in a way, you're right.

People like you definitely exemplify how far we still have to go evolutionarily speaking. Clinging to facts from thousands of years ago as validation for your shitty behavior is pathetic. Yes, I understand that from an evolutionary standpoint, it's not that long ago.

But it's long enough that we (well, many of us, anyhow) have managed to develop a slightly more enlightened, even view of things beyond "Ooga booga, need to eat, need to stick *** in woman!"
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-20 09:44:57
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

And when you can no longer debate you resort to personal attack and ridicule, nice.

Listen, I don't care what makes people feel happy or what they wish would of happened, I only care about the hard information. That information points to us being a very ugly, fiercely competitive species where the males fought over rights to the females. These competitions were not lethal and were more shows of force and ability to dominate each other. Females were passed around the tribe as the top male got his pick but would frequently be replaced by another male, who couldn't be sure which children were his and thus didn't kill them all off. We know this from genetic evidence. We weren't egalitarian, we weren't some gia worshiping super nice people. We were nasty, violent and brutish for the vast majority of our existence. A random genetic mutation that lowers reproduction rate of males simply wouldn't of survived long enough to become a permanent part of our genome, it would of been drowned out by all the other beneficial mutations that involve reproducing.

Now you can conjecture all you want, but I'll just view you the same as I do anti-vax boy up above. Merely someone values what they want to be true over what's likely to be true.

You ended the debate when you asserted something as a fact which is, as a matter of fact, not a fact. You asserted it was a fact because you feel it to be true, not because it is true. And I am done arguing at you.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17