First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 137 138 139
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2019-12-10 14:57:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Mims said: »
Interestingly enough, when status effects are not an issue Paladin should be a really strong main healer now outside of a tank role.
Slap on a Malignance pole (Or any staff realy) and good old Spirit Taker is basically unlimited MP
No. PLD lacks MP management and anything they get from a sub job wont be enough. The Spirit Taker idea is nice in theory but when you're spending 50%+ of your time casting, TP generation goes down the drain, which is another weak point for PLD.
 Asura.Mims
Serveur: Asura
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2019-12-10 15:00:53
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, no, you have no idea what you are talking about, Mikumaru.
[+]
By Taint 2019-12-10 15:06:33
Link | Citer | R

Just keep AM up with R15 Excal.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Excalibur_(Level_119_III)
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-12-10 15:16:51
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
Just keep AM up with R15 Excal.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Excalibur_(Level_119_III)

Yeah, but su5 has cure potency and a ***load of HP. I believe that's why relic hasnt been mentioned
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-10 15:35:47
Link | Citer | R

Malignance sword not a bad option either. Hefty mnd boost
 Ragnarok.Galiber
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2019-12-10 16:01:59
Link | Citer | R

So I've been thinking about an updated cure pot set:

ItemSet 370100

With + 5 on feet this puts you at 51 Cure Pot I + 30 Cure Pot Received, capping it. With majesty we should get that 25 Cure Pot II bringing us to cap.

Belt is the new Audumbla Belt from DI with 10 SIRD and 4PDT, so we're at exactly 100 SIRD and can cap with only 1 Merit spent

PDT is 48 (10 on Cape) + 18 From Burt putting us only 2 shy from cap.

It's also a decent chunk of HP.

Thoughts? What could I improve?
 Shiva.Dayone
Serveur: Shiva
user: day1
By Shiva.Dayone 2019-12-10 16:02:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
I think you loss the point. I never mentioned anything about the defense boost. Dont care. Physical fight I'd take su5 + ochain to keep mp up. With burt you'd get hit for a lot less. Which means less gets converted to MP.

Losing hate for getting hit. Sure. But I think it balances with the cure bombing on the physical fight.

Didn't "loss the point"... It's pretty obvious what you're saying but it will be interesting to see what kind of emnity gets generated by cure(ga) bombing.

It's a new factor to the rehash of the conversation about Su5 vs. burtgang so including defense, hp, and situational effectiveness is a natural part of this topic.

That said it would be very cool to see some tests, even anecdotal, with effectiveness.
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2019-12-10 17:27:11
Link | Citer | R

Did a few tests, Cure will AOE to undead for damage, however AOE curing a group of mobs that it cannot damage will not put you on the hate list.

Tested on a lair reive I was running by, guy had mobs hitting him, curaga'd the mobs, sentinel, and didn't pull hate. Banishga, and they all turned on me.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-10 18:25:46
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Galiber said: »

Should be 50%:

New belt 4%
ammo 3%
body 10%
hands 4%
set bonus body/head 4%
rings 15%
back 10%
-----------
Burt 18% II
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-12-10 19:26:18
Link | Citer | R

soralin said: »
So, with capped curing gear aimed at:

1. Maximizing SIRD
2. Maximizing FC
3. Maximizing Cure Potency
4. Maximizing Enmity

In that order, to what degree do we as Paladins have as means to sustain our MP on a Cure Bomb, Main Healer strat?

Effectively speaking:

Could we replace the Healer for Zerg strats and just spam AoE cures?

Additionally... if you're in a Zerg strat, isn't there likely to be at least 1 BRD either in party, or who can buff prior to the fight (whether a party swap, or outside mule dropped before the fight)? That means you can get at least 2-3 Nitro ballads, which should be plenty sufficient for cure bombing throughout any zerg.
By soralin 2019-12-10 20:22:29
Link | Citer | R

Just did some VD runs as paladin.

My ability to just cure bomb the DD party while they zerged meant the healer could 100% focus on just removing debuffs and support.

Majesty is insane.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Galiber
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2019-12-11 01:34:27
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Ragnarok.Galiber said: »

Should be 50%:

New belt 4%
ammo 3%
body 10%
hands 4%
set bonus body/head 4%
rings 15%
back 10%
-----------
Burt 18% II

Aye, I was counting Souve set bonus as +2 but you're right, it should be +4.

Even better!
By Ruaumoko 2019-12-11 01:40:17
Link | Citer | R

Just did some VD runs as paladin.

My ability to just cure bomb the DD party while they zerged meant the healer could 100% focus on just removing debuffs and support.

Majesty is insane.
I think that's going to be the major plus from this update, it will give healers a much easier time. I said a few months back when they were updating, then un-updating White Mage that anything which gives new players incentive to be the healer is a win for everyone.

I'm more than glad.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-12-11 05:05:28
Link | Citer | R

According to BG, foresti earring shieldskill + 10 nets 2% more block rate.

I dont play pld (but interested in) so how good is that currently? And whats the block rate of pld on current endgame like dyna div?

Thanks in advance
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2019-12-11 05:28:02
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, no, you have no idea what you are talking about, Mikumaru.
Probably right.

Calling it now, they are tweaking Sepulcher and Arcane Crest.
Maybe they will up the duration or cut the recast, either way it won't matter.

Phoenix.Mikumaru said: »
The only way it could not be disappointing is if it works like Hasso/Seigan so it can be full timed or Pianissimo with a 5 second cool down. An added bonus would be increased enmity generation while under the effect.

But thankfully, we have Asuran know-it-alls to tell us how it is. Amazing how an update can flip opinions so quickly, no?
[+]
 Asura.Mims
By Asura.Mims 2019-12-11 08:20:41
Link | Citer | R

You are comparing speculation on What SE is going to do with knowledge of game mechanics. Trying to predict SE has always been an absolute crapshoot. Nobody knows what SE is going to do until they do it, and sometimes not even after they've done it.

So lets look at the original statement again.

Interestingly enough, when status effects are not an issue Paladin should be a really strong main healer now outside of a tank role.
Slap on a Malignance pole (Or any staff realy) and good old Spirit Taker is basically unlimited MP
No. PLD lacks MP management and anything they get from a sub job wont be enough. The Spirit Taker idea is nice in theory but when you're spending 50%+ of your time casting, TP generation goes down the drain, which is another weak point for PLD.
My LS does most content with melee DDs, and assuming -nas are taken care of I'm sure I'd be fine keeping DDs alive on Paladin while using a DD sub, getting DD buffs, and not getting any outside refresh. And I'd still be firing off Shattersouls and Shell Crushers more often than Spirit Taker.

I play a ton of melee Whm, this playstyle would be very similar, only using Spirit Taker instead of Mystic Boon.

Compare Cure4 to Curaga 3.
They have roughly similar base cure amounts
Cure4 has half the cast time, and a lower recast. (Loose eyeballing says 25% recast reduction on Majesty, minimum recast of 1.6 seconds)
Cure4 costs 88 MP, Curaga 3 costs 180 (Largely offset by MP return pants)
They both have 10' AoE, but Cure4 can AoE cross-party (BG says curagas have 15' AoE and is wrong)
Afflatus Solace is irrelevant

Gear wise, options open up wide when tanking isn't your priority.
Fast cast is easier to cap, DD gear makes TP gain a breeze, and you don't have to worry about maintaining HP thresholds. Cure potency 1 is harder to come by on Pld than Whm comparatively, but Pld gets 25 cure pot 2 for free. Without weather or cure potency recieved gear, 1300 Cure4's should be very much possible.

As someone who plays a lot of Whm, I can confidently say that you will not be spending 50+% of your time casting, and even when you have to spam cures, TP generation can stay high enough to ensure you have plenty of MP. As a general rule I Mystic Boon when under 50% MP which has always given me plenty of room for error. Its more out-of-combat things like Arise that cause MP issues.

Things get even stronger when you slap on /Sch, light arts is huge, addendum-white gives every -na short of stona, aurorastorm guarantees cure potency even in dynamis, accession for Phalanx and -nas, sublimation will probably not be as reliable but it exists, native aquaveil, and more. I think its safe to say that Pld is the #1 cross-party healer in the game right now.

So yeah, I guess I am telling you how it is, and I'm gonna stand by my earlier "You have no idea what you are talking about" comment.
[+]
By soralin 2019-12-11 10:45:44
Link | Citer | R

Slightly different take on cure set:

ItemSet 365040

(Earring: Tuisto Earring, the 150 mp > hp earring)
(Belt: Audumbla Sash, 10% SIRD, 4% PDT)
(Feet: 5% PDT Augment)
(Back: HP +80, Enmity +10, PDT -10)
(Helm: Path C)
(Body: Path C)
(Legs: Path A)

SIRD
Ammo: 11%
Helm: 20%
Neck: 15%
Belt: 10%
Legs: 20%
Feet: 20%
Total: 96%, 101% with Merits. We need 2 more!

HP
Sword: 380
Helm: 280
Ears: 250
Body: 171
Gloves: ~89
Rings: 220
Back: 80
Legs: 130
Feet: 20
Total: 1620

PDT
Ammo: 3%
Helm: 4%
Body: 12%
Gloves: 4%
Rings: 10%
Back: 10%
Belt: 4%
Feet: 5%
Total: 50%

MDT
Aegis: 50%
Shell V: 29%
Body/Head/Ear/Ammo: Definitely over the 87.5% cap

Enmity
Neck: 15
Body: 20
Gloves: 7
Back: 10
Total: +52

Cure Pot
Sword: 25%
Body: 11%
Gloves: 11%
Feet: 7%
Total: 54% (4% over, all good)

Cure Pot Received
Helm: 15%
Body: 15%
Total: 30%, capped
[+]
 Sylph.Wasenshi
Serveur: Sylph
user: Senshi
By Sylph.Wasenshi 2019-12-11 11:07:10
Link | Citer | R

Slightly different take on cure

SIRD
Ammo: 11%
Helm: 20%
Neck: 15%
Belt: 10%
Legs: 20%
Feet: 20%
Total: 96%, 101% with Merits. We need 2 more!
Founder's legs are 30%
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-12-11 11:20:37
Link | Citer | R

I'm too lazy to make a meme...
but the pld should have the "like a boss" shades and a crown on it head.

one word: Majesty
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2019-12-11 11:40:36
Link | Citer | R

You are comparing speculation on What SE is going to do with knowledge of game mechanics. Trying to predict SE has always been an absolute crapshoot. Nobody knows what SE is going to do until they do it, and sometimes not even after they've done it.

So lets look at the original statement again.

My LS does most content with melee DDs, and assuming -nas are taken care of I'm sure I'd be fine keeping DDs alive on Paladin while using a DD sub, getting DD buffs, and not getting any outside refresh. And I'd still be firing off Shattersouls and Shell Crushers more often than Spirit Taker.

I play a ton of melee Whm, this playstyle would be very similar, only using Spirit Taker instead of Mystic Boon.

Compare Cure4 to Curaga 3.
They have roughly similar base cure amounts
Cure4 has half the cast time, and a lower recast. (Loose eyeballing says 25% recast reduction on Majesty, minimum recast of 1.6 seconds)
Cure4 costs 88 MP, Curaga 3 costs 180 (Largely offset by MP return pants)
They both have 10' AoE, but Cure4 can AoE cross-party (BG says curagas have 15' AoE and is wrong)
Afflatus Solace is irrelevant

Gear wise, options open up wide when tanking isn't your priority.
Fast cast is easier to cap, DD gear makes TP gain a breeze, and you don't have to worry about maintaining HP thresholds. Cure potency 1 is harder to come by on Pld than Whm comparatively, but Pld gets 25 cure pot 2 for free. Without weather or cure potency recieved gear, 1300 Cure4's should be very much possible.

As someone who plays a lot of Whm, I can confidently say that you will not be spending 50+% of your time casting, and even when you have to spam cures, TP generation can stay high enough to ensure you have plenty of MP. As a general rule I Mystic Boon when under 50% MP which has always given me plenty of room for error. Its more out-of-combat things like Arise that cause MP issues.

Things get even stronger when you slap on /Sch, light arts is huge, addendum-white gives every -na short of stona, aurorastorm guarantees cure potency even in dynamis, accession for Phalanx and -nas, sublimation will probably not be as reliable but it exists, native aquaveil, and more. I think its safe to say that Pld is the #1 cross-party healer in the game right now.

So yeah, I guess I am telling you how it is, and I'm gonna stand by my earlier "You have no idea what you are talking about" comment.
The old "I play alot of WHM" argument. I really dont care what you or anyone says, especially with the trolling and rancor PLD has received until they got this single ability which magically made PLD not trash.(News flash, healing has always been useful, you're just too dumb to realize it with out Majesty)Until you're putting it into practice and proving it actually works ,rather than being a spreadsheet wizard, carry on carrying on. If Cureskin is irrelevant, I encourage you to not use it. Video or it didnt happen.
Edit: I got 49% Cure Potency in gear ,if I changed swords 50% is easy peasy but again , you're probably right. Super hard.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-12-11 13:11:33
Link | Citer | R

Prong said: »
NOBODY wants to tank

Nobody wants to tank every event for 4 years maybe.
[+]
By soralin 2019-12-11 13:25:37
Link | Citer | R

Ok so interesting question:

Does Cab. Surcoat's '"Cover": Physical damage converted to MP +41' effect specifically only convert Cover damage, or, does it convert 41% of all physical damage taken to MP while you have Cover active, regardless of who is getting hit?

This is my #1 TPing body piece and I honestly have just never paid attention to this effect because MP sustain hasn't been an issue.

But if simply popping Cover is this kind of huge mana sustain with low effort, I really dont think discussions on how to sustain mana matter.

Chivalry + Cover should probably allow us to sustain for short to medium length fights like Ambuscade and Omen.

Moralltach or Excalibur should give us some nice fat passive refresh, refresh from a support can go a long way too.

Dropping Cure III AoEs is probably better MP value too, I think often Cure IV would be overkill.

You should be able to easily sustain for 4 minutes straight I think before mana starts getting hazy.

Edit: Looking at it, with capped gear, merits, and master'd job, you will be looking at nearly 40% uptime on Cover too. That seems like more than plenty to sustain mana with Cab Surcoat +3, that is such an insane amount of sustain, 41% of phys dmg taken back to MP?

I now kind of feel gimp for not keeping cover up at all times I can regardless of the situation, that effect is insane.
[+]
 Asura.Mims
By Asura.Mims 2019-12-11 14:33:11
Link | Citer | R

The old "I play alot of WHM" argument. I really dont care what you or anyone says, especially with the trolling and rancor PLD has received until they got this single ability which magically made PLD not trash.(News flash, healing has always been useful, you're just too dumb to realize it with out Majesty)Until you're putting it into practice and proving it actually works ,rather than being a spreadsheet wizard, carry on carrying on. If Cureskin is irrelevant, I encourage you to not use it. Video or it didnt happen.
Edit: I got 49% Cure Potency in gear ,if I changed swords 50% is easy peasy but again , you're probably right. Super hard.

I'm not going to argue whether or not Majesty makes Paladin tanking "not trash," I'm saying this JA opened up an entirely new role for Paladin. A role separate from, and additional to, tanking.

As for cureskin being irrelevant, it absolutely is for melee Whm, outside of Full Cure. If you are meleeing on Whm you shouln't be single targeting cures in the first place. Self targeted curagas are the way to go, which Afflatus Solace doesn't apply to anyway. Part of this is due engaged vs disengaged targeting.

There are 3 reasons to do this:
First, taking the time to target a party member for single target cure is slower than just firing off a self targeted curaga.

Second, while you are curing one DD, a second might be getting slapped in the face while you are stuck in the middle of casting, even in the absolute best gear and circumstances. Having a curaga over cure is a critical safety measure. I have had plenty of DDs go down because I single targeted when I should have curaga'd.

Third: Esuna under misery is fantastic while meleeing, even more so with an SU5/4/3 club.

You can ask my LS, in probably 80% the dynamis D runs we do, when I'm on Whm I'm meleeing and healing the DD party, with misery up.
Cureskin is great, don't get me wrong, I'm in Solace 95% of the time when I'm not meleeing.

I'd be more than happy to stream a Dynamis run, we go Thursday and Sunday at 2 PM CST.

https://www.twitch.tv/pieceofsoap/

I'm not always on Whm though, jobs tend to shuffle pretty heavily.

/edit Linkshell went on winter break until January 5th, so I'll need to figure something else to stream
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-12-11 15:02:42
Link | Citer | R

Ok so interesting question:

Does Cab. Surcoat's '"Cover": Physical damage converted to MP +41' effect specifically only convert Cover damage, or, does it convert 41% of all physical damage taken to MP while you have Cover active, regardless of who is getting hit?

This is my #1 TPing body piece and I honestly have just never paid attention to this effect because MP sustain hasn't been an issue.

But if simply popping Cover is this kind of huge mana sustain with low effort, I really dont think discussions on how to sustain mana matter.

Chivalry + Cover should probably allow us to sustain for short to medium length fights like Ambuscade and Omen.

Moralltach or Excalibur should give us some nice fat passive refresh, refresh from a support can go a long way too.

Dropping Cure III AoEs is probably better MP value too, I think often Cure IV would be overkill.

You should be able to easily sustain for 4 minutes straight I think before mana starts getting hazy.

Edit: Looking at it, with capped gear, merits, and master'd job, you will be looking at nearly 40% uptime on Cover too. That seems like more than plenty to sustain mana with Cab Surcoat +3, that is such an insane amount of sustain, 41% of phys dmg taken back to MP?

I now kind of feel gimp for not keeping cover up at all times I can regardless of the situation, that effect is insane.
There's a reason that this piece doesn't have a reputation as being amazing for the cover enhancement.

The cover enhancement will only apply to hits that were redirected from the original target by cover. You'll see the "Cover!" prefix on these hits.

This severely limits the usefulness of the piece as a Cover enhancement. And Cover's own enmity mechanics actually make it worse, as you will rapidly reduce the enmity of anyone you cover. And then the hits will soon be aimed at you directly rather than redirected by cover. Earning you no mp from the cover enhancement.

It's a powerful effect, when it's applicable. But it's painfully situational.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2019-12-11 15:17:50
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
NOBODY wants to tank

This only way I'd do it is if I could go back to 75 cap on rdm/nin. Rdm tanking killed wanting to tank on anything ever again in this game. It doesnt help SE seems to not know what to do with tanks in this game
By Prong 2019-12-11 17:07:19
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
NOBODY wants to tank

Yes and I clearly stated that in my post.

For everyone who remotely gives a ***, I didn't mean to throw Lex or Xiu or anyone under the bus in Gunslingers shell by implying they are only critical. I just meant "everyone" in that shell are top notch and expect you to be as well. Which I think I stated quite clearly initially but some seemed to not choose to see it, so just reiterating.
By Torzak 2019-12-11 18:16:45
Link | Citer | R

Seems to me 2H PLD can be played as a support/cure machine as well, if not better, circumstance depending, than DNC, now. Mostly a result of a much lower delay between cures.

80% Cure potency? Janniston Ring? Anyone tested to see if the ability stacks with some cure potency II additively or multiplicatively?
By Nariont 2019-12-11 18:20:54
Link | Citer | R

Sides SoA ring does pld get any other CPII?
By SimonSes 2019-12-11 18:23:38
Link | Citer | R

Torzak said: »
Seems to me 2H PLD can be played as a support/cure machine as well, if not better, circumstance depending, than DNC, now. Mostly a result of a much lower delay between cures.

80% Cure potency? Janniston Ring? Anyone tested to see if the ability stacks with some cure potency II additively or multiplicatively?

I still think BLU is a better benchmark than DNC here. BLU can AoE cure for way more than DNC. Can also AoE Erase and /sch for -na without almost any impact to its DPS.
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2019-12-11 22:43:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Gotenn said: »

Not exactly what I was looking for, but that augment is only available to DM, so looks like I might have to redo my SIRD sets.

Might have to take this above set, and work in these nice DM aug feet I got to make a really nice cure potency SIRD set.

Now I'm just wondering if I want to use Regal gauntlets, and try and get cure potency somewhere else.
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 137 138 139