Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 201 202 203
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-03-31 20:20:17
Link | Citer | R

"Mounts are useless, no one uses them any more we all teleport."

Ever think this is why SE finally balked and gave us more than chocobos?? Might be a raptor, but it sure feels like jumping the shark (and yes, I know we did that years ago, the analogy just works so well here, too).
By Pantafernando 2016-04-01 17:02:21
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
More storage anyone?

While the Mog Wardrobe 2 will be making its appearance in the April version update (next week!), there is another plan in place to lighten up your inventory a tad—if crystals are weighing you down.

The team is currently working on a crystal storage system that will allow you to store up to 5000 crystals of each element with NPCs that will be placed in each of the guilds. They’d like to make it possible to expand this via Mog Garden shining stars key items, and additionally, when retrieving 12 stacks, they would like to make it possible to retrieve them as a cluster. They'll also be looking into whether they can add more NPC locations as well.

It might be a bit before the system is complete, but stay tuned for more details!
By Pantafernando 2016-04-01 17:02:56
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Greetings,

We're still looking into making adjustments to make it easier to increase Coalition ranks. However, we are planning to make this completely separate from the bonuses gained through Rhapsodies key items. I'll make a follow-up again once there is more information from the development team.
By Pantafernando 2016-04-01 17:04:14
Link | Citer | R

Devs are grateful for sugestion for mounts.

Quote:
Thanks for all the suggestions! While I can't make any promises that we can implement them all, the development team will definitely use your ideas as reference!
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2016-04-01 17:40:30
Link | Citer | R

I wonder if the mounts scale in size depending on your character (like chocobos).
I assume they will but imagine if that wasn't the case. Seeing a Galka ride on a crab would be hilarious.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-04-05 03:39:42
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
You'll be glad to hear that we will be expanding the areas that support mounts; however, this will not take place in this week’s version update; it will take place in a future version update. However, since it’s difficult for us to address this for all field areas that currently do not support mounts, we will be addressing them gradually over time.

Along with the expansion of supported areas, we will also be adding chocobo digging support for personal chocobos in these areas—including the addition of items that you haven’t dug up yet.
By Pantafernando 2016-04-05 16:35:02
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Greetings, everyone.

We are definitely aware of the congestion at the entrance to Ambuscade, and we apologize for the inconvenience this is causing.

As a first step to countering this congestion, maintenance was conducted earlier on the server that manages the instances. This aim of this maintenance was to make adjustments so that more instances are created. This should help alleviate conditions where it is not possible to access the content since instances cannot be created.

While there are still issues arising to the large amount of requests being processed to create new instances, which in turn are generated errors, we are currently looking into a way to make this more efficient.

The team will be working on a fix, and it will take a day or so; however, we’re planning to make edits so that the process is less cumbersome when entering the instance fails. With this edit, you will no longer have to target and talk to an NPC in the event a failure occurs.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience, but the team is working as fast as they can to implement a fix.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-04-06 16:59:38
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Announcing the Early Spring Pick-Me-Up Campaign (04/06/2016)

The following campaigns will be making their way to FINAL FANTASY XI on Monday, April 11 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT)

Campaign Period: Monday, April 11 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Saturday, April 30 at 7:59 a.m.

Surge Walk Campaign
Double Unity Accolade Campaign
Voidwatch Campaign
Unity Wanted Campaign
Wanted Dial Campaign

Read on for details (http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/14748/detail.html).
By Pantafernando 2016-04-07 16:47:17
Link | Citer | R

Mounts:

Quote:
I don't think Tarutarus would approve of this--especially if the rider is a Galka.

On a side note, however, the lead mount designer did let something slip yesterday.
All I can say is that you MIGHT be able to ride on a Yovra some day.
By Pantafernando 2016-04-07 16:47:49
Link | Citer | R

Ambuscade:

Quote:
The development team is currently working on addressing the congestion issue further as outlined in my previous post, but unfortunately it seems like it will not be possible to complete the work this week due to incidental network issues. There is maintenance scheduled for Sunday, April 10 (JST), and the team is planning to implement the fixes during this maintenance.

Once again, we apologize for the inconveniences the congestion is causing.
By Zubis 2016-04-08 06:35:57
Link | Citer | R

This months login campaign.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/login/login34.html

Well I guess no more trusts, and a mount per month for the next year or so?
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-04-08 06:45:25
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Receive points once per day just for logging in and exchange them for a variety of fabulous in-game items. Don't fret if you've bought all you want for this month-up to 1,500 points may be carried over to the next!

Well, that's new, at least.
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-04-08 06:49:03
Link | Citer | R

Zubis said: »
This months login campaign.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/login/login34.html

Well I guess no more trusts, and a mount per month for the next year or so?
6 trusts listed...
By Zubis 2016-04-08 06:55:28
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
6 trusts listed...

New trusts. We haven't had one in 4 months. Guess we're not going to now.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-04-08 07:03:53
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
6 trusts listed...

Probably not. There isn't any storyline left to pull new NPCs from, and we have six or seven versions of almost every role; what would a new trust even do?

(Other than have better AI. Lookin at you, Yoran-Oran.)
 Sylph.Parshias
Serveur: Sylph
user: Parshias
By Sylph.Parshias 2016-04-08 07:07:26
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
6 trusts listed...

There was a dev post at some point that mentioned there wasn't much space left to keep adding new Trusts, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

We haven't gotten the AAs yet, but I guess SE isn't going to make them available through a log-in campaign.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2016-04-08 07:07:45
Link | Citer | R

Rooks said: »
Quote:
6 trusts listed...

Probably not. There isn't any storyline left to pull new NPCs from, and we have six or seven versions of almost every role; what would a new trust even do?

(Other than have better AI. Lookin at you, Yoran-Oran.)
They mentioned a while ago that they're looking at capped space for Trusts. (What they mean is likely the place where the trust is housed... Though I guess they could mean the spell list.)

But they said they might release relevant Trusts that they may have missed.
Ala: the rest of the CoP party. The rest of the Coalition leaders. Etc.
Hopefully they'll release a nonUC GEO Trust. Just for options. (Could even do that via having all 12 Order leaders.)
By FaeQueenCory 2016-04-08 07:11:03
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Parshias said: »
Quote:
6 trusts listed...

There was a dev post at some point that mentioned there wasn't much space left to keep adding new Trusts, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

We haven't gotten the AAs yet, but I guess SE isn't going to make them available through a log-in campaign.
Given a certain part of Rhapsodies that resulted in an English style double death....
I'm betting that those will be available via a quest or miniquest tied to Rhapsodies.
By FaeQueenCory 2016-04-08 07:18:07
Link | Citer | R

Rooks said: »
Quote:
Receive points once per day just for logging in and exchange them for a variety of fabulous in-game items. Don't fret if you've bought all you want for this month-up to 1,500 points may be carried over to the next!

Well, that's new, at least.
Just noticed they changed how many points you get.
Before: ~4500/mo
Now: 2700 (23 days long, 500 on the first day, 100 every other day, no bonuses aside from that.)
:-/

So assuming you make every day, you can only/have to spend 1200 a month (or more if you had left overs).
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-04-08 07:34:41
Link | Citer | R

Mog patio?
By Datass 2016-04-08 07:37:10
Link | Citer | R

Bummer that there is still no Shantotto II.
 Bismarck.Mitchel
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2016-04-08 07:38:03
Link | Citer | R

Does this mean 1500 points we currently have will rollover to the upcoming campaign, or next campaign will roll into future campaigns?
By Zubis 2016-04-08 07:40:12
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Mog patio?

Outdoor part of the Mog House, kinda like the Mog Garden.

Not sure if it's anything other than cosmetic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWbrPsOJbkk&t=1h21m30s

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Tiburon
user: crookedh
By Phoenix.Tiburon 2016-04-08 09:30:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Darksteel shield for 750 points?

SE seriously just put a *** 540 spark item as a login campaign reward? Wow..
Perhaps you didn't click on any of those items.
The note that pops up talks about JSE and Oboro.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-04-08 10:06:26
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Tiburon said: »
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Darksteel shield for 750 points?

SE seriously just put a *** 540 spark item as a login campaign reward? Wow..
I hadn't noticed til I checked that pop up thing, but apparently clearing Ambuscade unlocks Oboro. Neat.

edit: Apparently I had 1300 points leftover from last month, double neat.
 Asura.Isiolia
Serveur: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-04-08 10:23:33
Link | Citer | R

True, their logic (such as it is) for a good chunk of that 750 point category is that they're needed for a JSE item from Oboro. Still doesn't change that half of 'em are also readily available for a paltry amount of Sparks, making their inclusion rather pointless.

If they really wanted to include them, they could have just put Copper Vouchers on there someplace. Odd that some of the other standby items, like the final limit break stuff, is not there.

Seems like a general downgrade, though maybe with the carryover the intent is to have people use points for stuff they're making/popping over loading up mules with stuff to sell. Or just that they can put more interesting stuff in Ambuscade, on the assumption that people will actually be able to freely participate in that at some point.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-04-08 10:26:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Isiolia said: »

True, their logic (such as it is) for a good chunk of that 750 point category is that they're needed for a JSE item from Oboro. Still doesn't change that half of 'em are also readily available for a paltry amount of Sparks, making their inclusion rather pointless.

If they really wanted to include them, they could have just put Copper Vouchers on there someplace. Odd that some of the other standby items, like the final limit break stuff, is not there.

Seems like a general downgrade, though maybe with the carryover the intent is to have people use points for stuff they're making/popping over loading up mules with stuff to sell. Or just that they can put more interesting stuff in Ambuscade, on the assumption that people will actually be able to freely participate in that at some point.

While a lot of the items probably are up there for sparks, a whole lot of them are crafted only. SE isn't going to only list the ones you can get for sparks, they are going to list everything regardless of availability. Does it make sense to include them? Probably not, but it's easier to just include everything on their end.
 Cerberus.Jeffil
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Zelljrc
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-04-08 12:39:51
Link | Citer | R

I know that when I went to make a Priwen, there were no Januwiyahs on the AH. I had to go farm that myself and have a friend craft it for me.
[+]
 Asura.Isiolia
Serveur: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-04-08 13:12:34
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Jeffil said: »
I know that when I went to make a Priwen, there were no Januwiyahs on the AH. I had to go farm that myself and have a friend craft it for me.

Plenty of the crafted ones are often somewhat expensive too, considering. However, I don't think anyone was really questioning those, just the ones available for Sparks as well.
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 201 202 203