Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 201 202 203
By ibm2431 2016-02-03 05:30:49
Link | Citer | R

I don't know how to do the spiffy quotes that Pantafernando does, but Matsui posted his breakdown of the upcoming update:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/49806

Afterglows, augments on Oboro's JSE weapons, what's probably a PUP nerf akin to BST's, an item sorting feature that I doubt anyone will use, and this "little" tweak SE hasn't mentioned until now:

Quote:
Other changes coming in February are adjustments to melee and ranged damage calculations

Oh boy, here we go.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-03 05:47:49
Link | Citer | R

There goes another boost to everyone's dmg, incoming 99999 CDC that one shots every SoA NM.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-02-03 05:51:46
Link | Citer | R

We're already utilising BLUs as our damage source for a lot of content so a boost to melee damage will be pretty sweet.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-02-03 05:53:55
Link | Citer | R

ibm2431 said: »
I don't know how to do the spiffy quotes that Pantafernando does, but Matsui posted his breakdown of the upcoming update:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/49806

Afterglows, augments on Oboro's JSE weapons, what's probably a PUP nerf akin to BST's, an item sorting feature that I doubt anyone will use, and this "little" tweak SE hasn't mentioned until now:

Quote:
Other changes coming in February are adjustments to melee and ranged damage calculations

Oh boy, here we go.
Generally he doesn't do anything spiffy I believe, I think he justs copies and pastes the text, formats it with bold to match up with the post by SE and then adds the image links.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-03 06:12:48
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
We're already utilising BLUs as our damage source for a lot of content so a boost to melee damage will be pretty sweet.

I'm just expressing my unhappiness toward how SE keep buffing player dmg output since 2014 WS adjustment. If we look at melee dps today, v.s melee dps in 2013 and early 2014, the difference are huge. We were doing 5k(I think?) ws back then, now 15-20k is the standard. Even though our gear ilv only increased by ...2? Our ws avg are worlds difference even though our gear stats aren't 300% higher.

I understand melee dps kinda needs adjustment to keep up with certain jobs. If they do it right, great. Fat chances are they'll probably go overboard again, and make 98% of content way too easy with every melee shitting out 30k WS.

I mean, some of the melee friendly NM in RoV zones already die in 1-2 min solo on some melee job, do we need anymore easy NM?

Since this game is getting less update moving forward, I don't think it's a good idea to make every content that's not reisenjima HELM too easy. I want variety.
 Cerberus.Devlin
By Cerberus.Devlin 2016-02-03 06:25:28
Link | Citer | R

No word on aftermath adjustments? D:
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-02-03 06:53:51
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

I'm just expressing my unhappiness toward how SE keep buffing player dmg output since 2014 WS adjustment. If we look at melee dps today, v.s melee dps in 2013 and early 2014, the difference are huge. We were doing 5k(I think?) ws back then, now 15-20k is the standard. Even though our gear ilv only increased by ...2? Our ws avg are worlds difference even though our gear stats aren't 300% higher.

I understand melee dps kinda needs adjustment to keep up with certain jobs. If they do it right, great. Fat chances are they'll probably go overboard again, and make 98% of content way too easy with every melee shitting out 30k WS.

I mean, some of the melee friendly NM in RoV zones already die in 1-2 min solo on some melee job, do we need anymore easy NM?

Since this game is getting less update moving forward, I don't think it's a good idea to make every content that's not reisenjima HELM too easy. I want variety.

I still hadn't tried t3 due to just down to 2 Buddies now and any boost is well welcome. As u know there's a lotta new people popping up in bahamut and even T1 reisenjima is out of reach for them. If there is a boost it will help a lotta people
By Numquam 2016-02-03 06:53:54
Link | Citer | R

What they need to do is increase the ACC of one-handers.
By Numquam 2016-02-03 06:54:41
Link | Citer | R

And give BLU JTB III.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-02-03 06:54:41
Link | Citer | R

Woot, they're adjusting Oboro weapons too?
That's very... unexpected.
Some of those weapons were pretty cool for their "unique" job enhancing effects. I assume they won't touch that, but seeing the damage/skill increase it's gonna be an unexpected and welcome pleasure.

I can think about Aettir for instance, but I'm sure there's a couple more as well that could be interesting, to say the least.

About the buff to melee damage I'm not sure that's what's really needed.
I mean, I won't turn down a buff like that, but I think the biggest issue for the majority of DDs atm is the insane amount of accuracy you need to even be able to reach 90% acc on some targets.
Beside being plain impossible for some setups, when you can you need to stack so many buffs together even just to hit, that you run out of available buffs to... buff other things, like attack etc.

Easening the requirements of necessary accuracy wouldn't create a big shift in the game paradigm maybe, but I think it would be more effective to help DDs than just buffing their pure damage.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Bepe
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2016-02-03 06:57:41
Link | Citer | R

Dunna with more Geomancy!!!?!?!?!
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2016-02-03 06:59:59
Link | Citer | R

Oboro weapons getting buffed?
Can't wait for another Sandung thread. /popcorn
[+]
 Sylph.Xijaah
Serveur: Sylph
user: Xijaah
By Sylph.Xijaah 2016-02-03 07:05:51
Link | Citer | R

2 additional songs BRD JSE PRZ
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-03 07:09:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Some of those weapons were pretty cool for their "unique" job enhancing effects. I assume they won't touch that, but seeing the damage/skill increase it's gonna be an unexpected and welcome pleasure.

I can think about Aettir for instance, but I'm sure there's a couple more as well that could be interesting, to say the least.

I mean, I won't turn down a buff like that, but I think the biggest issue for the majority of DDs atm is the insane amount of accuracy you need to even be able to reach 90% acc on some targets.
Beside being plain impossible for some setups, when you can you need to stack so many buffs together even just to hit, that you run out of available buffs to... buff other things, like attack etc.

Easening the requirements of necessary accuracy wouldn't create a big shift in the game paradigm maybe, but I think it would be more effective to help DDs than just buffing their pure damage.

I wonder if ranged attack buff would make RNG pt viable in endgame again. I really have no issue if SE only buff 2h DD and ranged attack. But it'd be broken if 1h DD ended up doing 30k WS avg.

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »

I still hadn't tried t3 due to just down to 2 Buddies now and any boost is well welcome. As u know there's a lotta new people popping up in bahamut and even T1 reisenjima is out of reach for them. If there is a boost it will help a lotta people

You're only looking at this positively because ppl can finish content faster. I think it's bad for the game in the long run especially with slower update now.
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-02-03 07:17:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »

I wonder if ranged attack buff would make RNG pt viable in endgame again. I really have no issue if SE only buff 2h DD and ranged attack. But it'd be broken if 1h DD ended up doing 30k WS avg.

You're only looking at this positively because ppl can finish content faster. I think it's bad for the game in the long run especially with slower update now.

I only want to be able to actually do the content with the limited people I have. I'm building up my scholar (1300 Jps now with not too bad gear) but if I can melee it with high chance of success with 2 other people and their mules then I'll melee instead.

The games long run is gonna be building rmeas not these bosses lol
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-02-03 07:22:04
Link | Citer | R

I would like to ask what rme weapons will be good to build from scratch ? I checked and I'm currently a first lieutenant from my white gate days but then I need to do damn whitegate missions. What's better tizona or almace after buff? I rather focus on one first as a 6 month goal. Thanks in advance
By FaeQueenCory 2016-02-03 07:39:50
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Devlin said: »
No word on aftermath adjustments? D:
No new word on their upgrades either.
Seems they want everything with the new "121" versions to be a surprise.
(Also, wtf is the Aeonic bit? That's really strange sounding...)

And: waaaaaaah!!!! So excite to see the augments for the ghetto!Mythics! (Oboro weapons... Really we got two different ghetto versions of mythic weapons, one of which is currently just as good/utilitarianly better than the 119 Mythic weapons, Escha Ru'Aun JSE, and then Oboro's stuff... Which... Mostly is garbage... Except for new/returning people. Pretty much Aettir, Dunna, Gridavoir... And um... I guess Priwen... Except content is all Aegis or go home so... I think that's it right now.)

I hope it's not random augments.
But I know it will be. :(

EDIT:
I would like to ask what rme weapons will be good to build from scratch ? I checked and I'm currently a first lieutenant from my white gate days but then I need to do damn whitegate missions. What's better tizona or almace after buff? I rather focus on one first as a 6 month goal. Thanks in advance
Trizona.
Next Wednesday, Mythics will be absolute best in slot for all jobs. (Theoretically for ones like Leavateinn, it should have enough Macc and Mdmg to compensate for not having the INT of Lathi.)
However, for DW jobs like BLU, Almace, and other Empys, will tend to be best off-hand.

And then for sword, dagger, polearm, katana, and gun wielding jobs, there's also the Aeonic to consider, as with those allow for those jobs to make BOTH double light AND double darkness.

And for NIN, any combo of REA will result in a MASSIVE boost to your ninjutsu damage. (Almost +400Mdmg, but obvs mythic+empy are best combo while aeonic+empy are most utility... But even off handing the relic won't be terrible after update.)
BLU to a lesser extent because I think 2x Nibiru cudgels will still get better magic results. But... That 400 Mdmg may prove differently. (Though I doubt it.)

tldr: Mythic. Always Mythic.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-02-03 07:59:48
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Xijaah said: »
2 additional songs BRD JSE PRZ
That would be pretty dumb.
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-02-03 08:24:30
Link | Citer | R

Numquam said: »
What they need to do is increase the ACC of one-handers.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-02-03 08:42:17
Link | Citer | R

I've already mentioned this over at the PUP thread, but if Repair's potency is lowered, it'll be annoying. Range changes will matter 0%. Maneuvers last five minutes. Stoneskin/blink means you can run in for the second it takes to apply a fresh maneuver, and run away again. Every five minutes. Beastmaster has to do it every 10-20 seconds.

In regards to damage calculations. I wonder what they are going to be doing. I think it would be interesting if they changed damage calculations based on weapon category. For example, 1HD calculations remain the same, where as H2H and 2HD get a boost. 1HD WS are already the best(Save for Leaden Salute/True Flight), they don't need more power. Just bring 2HD and H2H up. Actually no, I am pretty sure my Puppet would be calculated under 1HD, which means I am now in favor of an across the board buffs.
By ibm2431 2016-02-03 09:22:05
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
I hope it's not random augments.
But I know it will be. :(

It will be. They're using the term "Arcane Glyptics" instead of "Mezzotinting".

edit: Although now I'm not certain what the NPCs call it when you first pick a path for a piece of Mezzotinted equipment.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-03 10:32:53
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »

In regards to damage calculations. I wonder what they are going to be doing. I think it would be interesting if they changed damage calculations based on weapon category. For example, 1HD calculations remain the same, where as H2H and 2HD get a boost. 1HD WS are already the best(Save for Leaden Salute/True Flight), they don't need more power. Just bring 2HD and H2H up

Knowing SE, they'll probably just *** up with job balance again. They're going to pick a random underdog job and over buff it. Next update we may see Rng and 2hDD only in endgame, with their 99999 dmg ws.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-02-03 10:39:29
Link | Citer | R

ibm2431 said: »
It will be. They're using the term "Arcane Glyptics" instead of "Mezzotinting".

edit: Although now I'm not certain what the NPCs call it when you first pick a path for a piece of Mezzotinted equipment.

"Arcane Glyphics" is their term for augments, both fixed and random. Mezzotinting is more specific to the ranked systems using -lixirs.

My guess would be something more in line with Trial if the Magians style upgrades, not random. Maybe it'll just be a first step in making a +1 version of 'em or something.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-02-03 11:00:38
Link | Citer | R

In regards to damage calculations. I wonder what they are going to be doing. I think it would be interesting if they changed damage calculations based on weapon category. For example, 1HD calculations remain the same, where as H2H and 2HD get a boost. 1HD WS are already the best(Save for Leaden Salute/True Flight), they don't need more power. Just bring 2HD and H2H up

Knowing SE, they'll probably just *** up with job balance again. They're going to pick a random underdog job and over buff it. Next update we may see Rng and 2hDD only in endgame, with their 99999 dmg ws.
Well it's been a while since 2hDD was thrust out of the limelight.
[+]
By Osterburg 2016-02-03 11:45:35
Link | Citer | R

It's their business strategy if you ask me. Get people through the content so they quit then have the excuse of not enough players to merit keeping servers up. Euthanize the project while losing as few fans as possible. Because y'know, if a project isn't 1k+% profit it's a money sink and a waste of resources or some ***for greedy *** corporations.
[+]
By Chyula 2016-02-03 11:51:53
Link | Citer | R

It will be a nerf to balance on the upgraded REM.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-02-03 11:52:18
Link | Citer | R

Osterburg said: »

It's their business strategy if you ask me. Get people through the content so they quit then have the excuse of not enough players to merit keeping servers up. Euthanize the project while losing as few fans as possible. Because y'know, if a project isn't 1k+% profit it's a money sink and a waste of resources or some ***for greedy *** corporations.

The bulk of the game is building rmeas and besides very little people including me have beaten everything
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-02-03 11:54:23
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sapphire said: »

New Sandung: same DD stats, now with TH+3 augment.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-02-03 12:07:33
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

That would actually be pretty great for a lot of returning players who don't have Taming.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-02-03 12:09:21
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

That would actually be pretty great for a lot of returning players who don't have Taming.

Hush, you! It begins...
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 201 202 203