Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 201 202 203
By Draylo 2016-01-09 05:41:08
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't say hard but its certainly annoying, I despise that VNM system. It's the worst w/o any sort of 3rd pt tools lol.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-01-09 14:52:11
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
VNM
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-01-09 14:55:11
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
At 50% (without a THF?) It is a ~1.56% chance to go 0/6 though

Tell that to my LS mate THF who quit squama farming after that.
 Siren.Noxzema
Serveur: Siren
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2016-01-09 15:59:48
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Quote:
We've identified an issue where when players interact with a chest or NPC while you have certain buffs active, the buffs are removed. We're planning to make adjustments in the next version update to address this for the following abilities and spells:

Warcry / Blood Rage / Boost / Meditate / Fantod

Wow, I always thought it was intended for some reason, Warcry at least has worn when interacting for as long as I can remember. Hopefully this includes the Salvage doors/lamps, it's kinda annoying needing to recast it every floor (on SMN).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-01-09 17:45:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Quote:
At 50% (without a THF?) It is a ~1.56% chance to go 0/6 though

Tell that to my LS mate THF who quit squama farming after that.

Probably mainhanded THFs knife and deserved it.

Not at all.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2016-01-09 18:55:50
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
I wouldn't say hard but its certainly annoying, I despise that VNM system. It's the worst w/o any sort of 3rd pt tools lol.

It's still finger nails on a chalk board at 300%.

And yeah, most I went was 0/5 on THF. I'm not sure at all, but I could have sworn if shadowed Verthandi would drop Veela ring, it wouldn't drop squama. I never saw both in the same pool, probably just my luck though.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-01-10 00:23:51
Link | Citer | R

It's not hard to get.

Will just drive you insane when you go 0/6 on drops.

I've farmed up a little more than half a stack before. At a 50% rate unless you for some reason don't take TH. It be rare to ever see 0/3 in a row. I certainly didn't see it. Think I am 7/10 or /11 now, but dodn't have a reason to keep making hexed gear anymore. Now if you do t take a THF I can see 0/3 happening.
At 50% (without a THF?) It is a ~1.56% chance to go 0/6 though.

But the numbers you put up are so puny when you talk to a crafter's needs. For a person farming for some side-gil, sure, but if you want to craft an entire amalric+1 set (or at least 4/5), you're talking about needing hundreds of squama. First, making that set of -1 Hexed gear. Looking at just the doublet, getting a HQ (Hexed Doublet -1) is a T0 synth*. You could easily put in 80-100 squama for one HQ, which you then need to turn around and synth again and hope to get a second T1 HQ, else all those squama are to be waste. (squama+mats=hexed doublet-1, alchemy 110, then hexed doublet-1+eschite ore=jinxed doublet, alchemy 95). And that's one piece. It could easily require 200-500 squama for a full set. And you're happy about 7/11?

*EDIT*

Yes, a 110 synth can be made T1 if you possess the apron, caedecus, torque, stall, and advanced support.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-01-15 03:31:11
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
We've identified an issue where when players interact with a chest or NPC while you have certain buffs active, the buffs are removed. We're planning to make adjustments in the next version update to address this for the following abilities and spells:

Warcry / Blood Rage / Boost / Meditate / Fantod / Crimson Howl

Quote:
In the next version update, this previously mentioned adjustment will also apply to Ifrit's Blood Pact - Crimson Howl.

I've edited the last post for clarity as well.
By Pantafernando 2016-01-15 03:32:50
Link | Citer | R

About looking for party while using trusts.

Quote:
Making it possible to look for a party while you have alter egos summoned or while playing on a different job would be very difficult. This is something that must be addressed on the server-side programming. The challenge for implementing a system like this is very high at the moment.
By Pantafernando 2016-01-15 03:33:50
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
For Relic, Mythic, Empyrean and Ergon weapons, players will be able to upgrade these weapons even if you have not unlocked their afterglows. If a weapon has had its afterglow unlocked, the amount of resources required to upgrade these weapons in the future will be eased.

Players can choose to complete the afterglow step now and then complete the additional new quests, or complete the new quests without unlocking the afterglow for a weapon to upgrade it. All the upgraded legendary arms, except for Ergon weapons, will have an afterglow effect.

The reason for adding afterglow to all these weapons is that we want to use the space allotted to the Trial of the Magians system to allow for the possibility of expansion in the future.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-01-15 05:15:48
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
It's not hard to get.

I've farmed up a little more than half a stack before. At a 50% rate unless you for some reason don't take TH. It be rare to ever see 0/3 in a row. I certainly didn't see it. Think I am 7/10 or /11 now, but dodn't have a reason to keep making hexed gear anymore. Now if you do t take a THF I can see 0/3 happening.

But the numbers you put up are so puny when you talk to a crafter's needs. For a person farming for some side-gil, sure, but if you want to craft an entire amalric+1 set (or at least 4/5), you're talking about needing hundreds of squama. First, making that set of -1 Hexed gear. Looking at just the doublet, getting a HQ (Hexed Doublet -1) is a T0 synth*. You could easily put in 80-100 squama for one HQ, which you then need to turn around and synth again and hope to get a second T1 HQ, else all those squama are to be waste. (squama+mats=hexed doublet-1, alchemy 110, then hexed doublet-1+eschite ore=jinxed doublet, alchemy 95). And that's one piece. It could easily require 200-500 squama for a full set. And you're happy about 7/11?

*EDIT*

Yes, a 110 synth can be made T1 if you possess the apron, caedecus, torque, stall, and advanced support.
I got curious about the costs of crafting Amalric gear myself and I believe it's pretty much always more cost effective to synth the NQs rather than just the HQs, especially when you consider there is no getting gil back from the nq hexed gear, whereas you might be able to get money back from the vexed synths if you're patient.

Actually got bored and did a spreadsheet of the costs of making jinxed alchemy gear and generally speaking the NQ Hexed path was significantly cheaper apart from feet due to the hexed -1 path being a T2 synth.

Valefor was the exception to this as while NQ path was always cheaper (aside from feet) it was only minorly so, a difference of a few hundred thousand, apart from body where the gap was 30m, an extra sap per synth adds up significantly it seems.
By briko 2016-01-15 06:58:27
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
It's not hard to get.

*EDIT*

I got curious about the costs of crafting Amalric gear myself and I believe it's pretty much always more cost effective to synth the NQs rather than just the HQs, especially when you consider there is no getting gil back from the nq hexed gear, whereas you might be able to get money back from the vexed synths if you're patient.

Actually got bored and did a spreadsheet of the costs of making jinxed alchemy gear and generally speaking the NQ Hexed path was significantly cheaper apart from feet due to the hexed -1 path being a T2 synth.

Valefor was the exception to this as while NQ path was always cheaper (aside from feet) it was only minorly so, a difference of a few hundred thousand, apart from body where the gap was 30m, an extra sap per synth adds up significantly it seems.

Made 15 mules for these login points just to get squama. Been farming tons of SAP this vw campaign. VNM should have the same 100% abyssite upgrade as abyssea still...
By Pantafernando 2016-01-18 17:18:49
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Greetings, everyone.

Since there have been a couple comments related to warping to Reisenjima, I wanted to let you all know that we’re actually in the process of looking into the addition of items that will allow you to warp right to Reisenjima. Stay tuned!
By Pantafernando 2016-01-21 01:39:10
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Greetings,

We’re aware that since Domain Invasion announcements are being made through the Unity chat feature, it’s not possible for others to see once this chat channel reaches capacity. We feel this needs to be adjusted, and we’ve been looking into supplementing the Unity chat feature or having a system message announcement; however, we’ve determined that neither of these approaches will be possible.

Due to this, we’re looking in another direction, and we would like to make adjustments to Domain Invasion by shortening the spawn timers of the notorious monsters found in Eschan areas (including Reisenjima) so that if you visit any of these areas, the opportunities to battle these monsters will increase.

We’re planning to address this sometime after April, but please let us know your thoughts before the end of the month.
By Pantafernando 2016-01-21 15:52:58
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
The new upgrades that are on the way will not be applied to shields and instruments.
By Clinpachi 2016-01-21 18:28:13
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Greetings,

We’re aware that since Domain Invasion announcements are being made through the Unity chat feature, it’s not possible for others to see once this chat channel reaches capacity. We feel this needs to be adjusted, and we’ve been looking into supplementing the Unity chat feature or having a system message announcement; however, we’ve determined that neither of these approaches will be possible.

Due to this, we’re looking in another direction, and we would like to make adjustments to Domain Invasion by shortening the spawn timers of the notorious monsters found in Eschan areas (including Reisenjima) so that if you visit any of these areas, the opportunities to battle these monsters will increase.

We’re planning to address this sometime after April, but please let us know your thoughts before the end of the month.

Why can't they just add another button under region that gives us a status as to how far away it is from a battle happening. You know. Like they do for besieged and campaign battles.

Is it not the same concept?
By ySoCereal 2016-01-22 07:41:24
Link | Citer | R

This is a little annoying.. I'm very close to 250 Marrow for my Aegis.

Do I go for it? Or wait a month (not good at waiting!! lol) and see if it's more beneficial to just upgrade, as it says if you have afterglow already the future amount of resources will be "eased"... yeah, how eased though, these 250 Marrow cost me about 280M...

Quote:
For Relic, Mythic, Empyrean and Ergon weapons, players will be able to upgrade these weapons even if you have not unlocked their afterglows. If a weapon has had its afterglow unlocked, the amount of resources required to upgrade these weapons in the future will be eased.

Players can choose to complete the afterglow step now and then complete the additional new quests, or complete the new quests without unlocking the afterglow for a weapon to upgrade it. All the upgraded legendary arms, except for Ergon weapons, will have an afterglow effect.

The reason for adding afterglow to all these weapons is that we want to use the space allotted to the Trial of the Magians system to allow for the possibility of expansion in the future.
 Ragnarok.Nanaky
Guildwork Premium
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Dianetix
By Ragnarok.Nanaky 2016-01-22 08:02:49
Link | Citer | R

Cereal, they announced that shields and instruments will not be upgraded..

Sorry
[+]
By ySoCereal 2016-01-22 08:04:32
Link | Citer | R

Oh okay, missed that cheers. I'll go for it then lol
 Asura.Psylo
Serveur: Asura
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2016-01-22 08:15:05
Link | Citer | R

ySoCereal said: »
This is a little annoying.. I'm very close to 250 Marrow for my Aegis.

Do I go for it? Or wait a month (not good at waiting!! lol) and see if it's more beneficial to just upgrade, as it says if you have afterglow already the future amount of resources will be "eased"... yeah, how eased though, these 250 Marrow cost me about 280M...

Quote:

Mmm, if i'm right, feb update don't include AT ALL aegis and bard one.

so do your afterglow
By Pantafernando 2016-01-22 11:40:11
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Announcing the Next Version Update! (01/22/2016)

The next version update is scheduled for mid-February!

Test your might against new Wanted monsters, including higher tier versions of some of your favorites in Fei?Yin and the Gustav Tunnel!

In addition, a new system will be added to further enhance relic, mythic, empyrean, and ergon weapons, enabling the dedicated to bring these armaments to even greater heights.
By dustinfoley 2016-01-22 12:41:00
Link | Citer | R

Shows pld shield...then says they have no plans to upgrade shields.....bewahaha
[+]
 Siren.Distrusive
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Distrusive 2016-01-22 12:50:41
Link | Citer | R

dustinfoley said: »
Shows pld shield...then says they have no plans to upgrade shields.....bewahaha

Considering that the shields are REM, why wouldn't the show the REM shields when showcasing the REM update?
By dustinfoley 2016-01-22 12:56:01
Link | Citer | R

Why show a shield in the REM update that isn't updating shields?
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-01-22 12:57:41
Link | Citer | R

It's almost as if the PLD is also wearing a sword. Who'da thunk it?
[+]
By dustinfoley 2016-01-22 12:59:12
Link | Citer | R

I just feel they would have been better served showing a blu instead of the pld, when the paladin has 2 REM items on, and 1 of them isnt getting upgraded.

Just poor PR planing in their part
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-22 13:02:59
Link | Citer | R

BLU can't wield a relic. Note the weapons in the picture: Excalibur, Liberator, and Hvergelmir. One relic, mythic, and empyrean weapon each. The choice to feature Aegis as well is perhaps unfortunate, but there is some thought behind the picture.
By Ulthakptah 2016-01-22 13:03:34
Link | Citer | R

Blu can't use Excalibur.

edit: beat to the punch
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 201 202 203