Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 201 202 203
By TheRealGoat 2015-12-20 20:19:10
Link | Citer | R

YES, do you know how annoying it is to make dragon gear on 1 character, then have to mule them 8 at a time to another character on the same account, when you are doing 48+ synths.

I would do it in a heartbeat.
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-12-20 20:21:56
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Parshias said: »
Phoenix.Syto said: »
The numbers are significant. I wouldn't be surprised if it was something as large as 10-20% of the total account population is an alternate account with some kind of alternate craft. That percentage translates to quite a huge number at this game's stage of life. Can SE afford that loss now? Now that is the trivial/controversial question to be explored.

They are really sensitive to losing the population as they announced a bit more content extension updates further into the year. Who knows? I personally think they can afford the loss, but they just would rather not go that route so soon. Everyone hates to say goodbye to money. Even a lot of the richer class.

Why would changing the level caps on crafting affect anyone's subscription who already has mules with crafts leveled?

If you have a mule with Bonework at 110 and your main with Goldsmithing at 110 and they uncap the crafts, are you really going to spend the time and money leveling Bonecraft to 110 on your main just so you can delete your mule and save a dollar a month?

I know people with max mules and 2nd and 3rd accounts just for crafting. Hell I got 5 mules, 4 of them craft and that is just me.
By Clinpachi 2015-12-20 20:22:53
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »
$ is what it boils down to. All those crafting mules cost players money which goes into SE's pockets.
Phoenix.Syto said: »
The numbers are significant. I wouldn't be surprised if it was something as large as 10-20% of the total account population is an alternate account with some kind of alternate craft. That percentage translates to quite a huge number at this game's stage of life. Can SE afford that loss now? Now that is the trivial/controversial question to be explored.

They are really sensitive to losing the population as they announced a bit more content extension updates further into the year. Who knows? I personally think they can afford the loss, but they just would rather not go that route so soon. Everyone hates to say goodbye to money. Even a lot of the richer class.

I love sensibility. This is also why the do the login campaigns. Even I myself gave into the max content ID to turn small profits and easily obtain some stuff I've been wanting to get.

The more content ID's that they persuade us into maintaining, the longer the life we give the game. They haven't done server merges yet and instead offer discount periods which is a nice small cash flow too. So many people transferring to Asura daily.
By Pantafernando 2015-12-21 14:03:22
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Speaking specifically to the part of your question about blue mage, this is actually largely tied to the lore of FFXI. In order to summon alter egos through the use of Trust magic, you need to draw upon the powers of friendship and camaraderie, as well as have a special bond with these adventurers. Blue mages are essentially empty vessels that are living weapons and lack the aforementioned traits, so it’s not possible to form bonds with them in this way.

Furthermore, most of the NPCs that are blue mages only stay around Aht Urhgan and do not travel abroad.

Lore aside, there are also various hurdles that need to be overcome in order to add a blue mage alter ego, such as whether they learn spells, what spells they are able to use, and how to setup flags and manage these aspects.

Due to these reasons we do not have any plans to introduce a blue mage alter ego.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-21 14:13:08
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Speaking specifically to the part of your question about blue mage, this is actually largely tied to the lore of FFXI. In order to summon alter egos through the use of Trust magic, you need to draw upon the powers of friendship and camaraderie, as well as have a special bond with these adventurers. Blue mages are essentially empty vessels that are living weapons and lack the aforementioned traits, so it’s not possible to form bonds with them in this way.

Furthermore, most of the NPCs that are blue mages only stay around Aht Urhgan and do not travel abroad.

Lore aside, there are also various hurdles that need to be overcome in order to add a blue mage alter ego, such as whether they learn spells, what spells they are able to use, and how to setup flags and manage these aspects.

Due to these reasons we do not have any plans to introduce a blue mage alter ego.

Damn, I always wanted a BLU trust to force boost mdef+ roll when I lowman/solo on COR. Damn those empty vessels with no sense of friendship!
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-12-21 14:15:44
Link | Citer | R

LOL ridiculous justifications for no BLU trusts.

Lore is meaningless when you have things like a DRG trust without a wyvern, a PUP with no puppet (and automatons without a master), a COR who doesn't use rolls... Trusts like Balamor kinda already ignore the "bonds of friendship" stuff, etc. There are also plenty of existing trusts that "stay around Aht Urghan and don't travel abroad" - just look at the Serpent Generals or Nashmeira.

As for mechanics, nobody said a BLU trust has to learn spells or be able to change spells. Just stick Raubahn in there with a preset list of spells (Head Butt, Eyes on Me, whatever) and abilities and call it a day. No different than the existing Trusts only using a small pre-defined subset of their job's total abilities.

I realize it's a silly point to argue, but jeez - they might as well have just ignored the comments and continued not having BLU trusts as opposed to this very poor rationalization.
By dustinfoley 2015-12-21 14:20:54
Link | Citer | R

I also liked the 'and what spells would they use' as a technical hurdle. To me that means they dont play blue and wouldnt know what spells to give a trust so it has useful spells and traits ;-/
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-12-21 15:20:48
Link | Citer | R

I don't know what friendship I have with Balamor or Ark Angels and most of those NPCs do not travel abroad anyway.
By Yeno7 2015-12-21 15:47:24
Link | Citer | R

a BlU trust would be as useless as the drg,pup trusts with out their pets or (BST) since it seems Morimar is a BST with a damn GA
By Draylo 2015-12-21 15:48:22
Link | Citer | R

Wow seriously... What a ridiculous answer! I always wanted a BLU trust :/

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Malebolge 2015-12-21 22:37:24
Link | Citer | R

Makes sense to me. All a WHM or BLM trust needs to worry about is what spells its level is high enough to cast, how much MP it has, and optionally the target's resistances. A BLU trust needs to have, or else simulate, a spell list for each level from 1-99 and the corresponding job traits. Then there's the problem of whether the AI can afford to care about things like resistance or affinity when BLU doesn't really have tiered spells like Cure I, II, III, etc or a repeating set of Stone, Water, Aero, Fire, Blizzard, and Thunder nukes. And that's not even touching whether it was physical or magical focused. And ultimately for all this work, people would *** when it doesn't use White Wind.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-12-21 23:56:04
Link | Citer | R

You're way overthinking it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-12-22 04:54:04
Link | Citer | R

You're killing something and the BLU trust says in chat: "One minute wait for me to set the spells for this particular monster!"
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-12-22 07:56:02
Link | Citer | R

Malebolge said: »
Makes sense to me. All a WHM or BLM trust needs to worry about is what spells its level is high enough to cast, how much MP it has, and optionally the target's resistances. A BLU trust needs to have, or else simulate, a spell list for each level from 1-99 and the corresponding job traits. Then there's the problem of whether the AI can afford to care about things like resistance or affinity when BLU doesn't really have tiered spells like Cure I, II, III, etc or a repeating set of Stone, Water, Aero, Fire, Blizzard, and Thunder nukes. And that's not even touching whether it was physical or magical focused. And ultimately for all this work, people would *** when it doesn't use White Wind.

It doesn't have to be that complicated. They could make it easier than they make it out to be if they wanted to by reusing the AI mechanics they have already programmed into available trusts, such as acting according to the enemy's weakness (see: Luzaf) or self SC (see: Iroha).

Here is a setup I came up with up to level 75:

There are some interesting traits and spells in this setup if they are given enough macc (such as frightful roar and bad breath) and proc rates (killer effects and maybe a bonus to conserve mp to make it a bit stronger than normal first tier). Killer effects and ability to do different types of damage can open up situational/niche uses and debuffs can make the trust a DD/support hybrid instead of one of the many useless DD trusts. I am sure they can come up with more useful setups if they ever want to bother with it.

Or they can just give it a mix of useful spells ignoring the job trait combinations (maybe even start a thread in OF to ask for ideas?nvm, that would start a ***storm) and give it some random but useful job traits. I mean, Nashmeira II has Auto-refresh II and she has nothing to do with being a SMN so, say, why Razfahd wouldn't also have it?
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-12-22 08:13:30
Link | Citer | R

Or you could just spam foot kick to 99 and THEN worry about traits, like a sane person.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-12-22 09:03:44
Link | Citer | R

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Or you could just spam foot kick to 99 and THEN worry about traits, like a sane person.

We are talking about a BLU trust, not a PC BLU.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-12-22 09:20:39
Link | Citer | R

Oh.

There's no way they'd go to that kind of trouble. A BLU trust would just have every spell set.
By dustinfoley 2015-12-22 09:46:26
Link | Citer | R

No it wouldnt, most likely it would have ~6 spells it could cast at 99, and they would just assign it random traits like DW, refresh, etc.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-12-22 09:56:34
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, have a specific spell set from 1-11, 12-30, 30-50, 50-75, 76-98, 99. They'd have to put decent work into it, but not that crazy.
By Pantafernando 2015-12-22 18:35:06
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
There are no plans to create a system that would allow players to remove augments from gear or store augmented gear. This would take a lot of resources to adjust, and the development team would prefer to work on other tasks with higher priority.

Quote:
Aeonic weapon ultimate skillchains are intended to be used only by the master wielding the weapon, and there are currently no plans to add these elemental properties to pets.

Quote:
We wanted to make an homage to FINAL FANTASY V with the Job Master icon, and as such, we have no plans to adjust the icon at this time.

Quote:
There have been numerous requests about this, but alter egos were implemented as a way to play solo or to fill out a party with only a small number of players. There are currently no plans to make adjustments that would allow alter egos to be used in an alliance setting.
By Pantafernando 2015-12-22 18:35:25
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
We'll consider adding Mellidopt wings to the list of items that can be transferred between characters on the same account in a future version update.
By Pantafernando 2015-12-22 18:38:51
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I’d like to answer several of your questions about the upcoming upgrades to Relic/Mythic/Empyrean/Ergon weapons.

• Ultimately this is up to you to decide [to afterglow a weapon right now or after update]. We can’t provide specific details on the new steps at this time, so waiting for the upgrades to be implemented is completely your decision. As stated previously, players that have already obtained weapons with an afterglow will have an easier time upgrading to the next phase.

• Players that already took the time to complete the afterglow effect on their weapon(s), will be rewarded by being able to upgrade in an easier manner through a quest.

We estimate that players with afterglow weapons will be able to upgrade within one hour of starting the quest. Even if you didn't spend the time to create a weapon with an afterglow, we're still offering a method to obtain an afterglow and continue the upgrade process on these legendary weapons, but you’ll still have a great task ahead of you.

• As you mention, Ergon weapons do not have an afterglow effect. Players seeking to upgrade their Ergon weapon will have to clear a number of objectives along with the other players who do not possess a weapon with an afterglow.

If we were to provide the methods for upgrading Relic/Mythic/Empyrean/Ergon weapons this would certainly affect player behavior, and as such, we cannot offer this information yet.

By Pantafernando 2015-12-23 12:41:58
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Holidays from the Community Team!
Greetings everyone,

The Community Team is beginning our holiday break starting tomorrow with our return starting in the new year. I wanted to let you know that during our break there may not be any comments posted from us, but as always, we’ll be checking the forums from time to time. Our GM team will be watching over the forums for us, so be on your best behavior.

As a heads up, the GMs and the Support Center will remain open; however, please note that the Support Center will be closed during major holidays.

This has been a momentous year for FFXI with the introduction and conclusion of Rhapsodies of Vana’diel, as well as many other additions and quality-of-life updates that have made the game become even more enjoyable.

Recently I’ve been playing in my spare time, so I’m sure I’ll be on chipping away at unlocking Tizona over the break. The conclusion to the stories we’ve all cherished really meant a lot to me in those final moments leading up to the finale, and it made me even prouder to be assisting this stellar community. Whether you’re a long time veteran, a returning player, or brand-new to the beautiful world of Vana’diel, I think we can all safely say FFXI will continue to hold a special place in our gaming hearts for the rest of time.

With the development team still hard at work preparing future version updates, we’re sure to see yet another exciting year teeming with new tasks to overcome while we adventure the massive world we’ve grown to love. Rest assured we’ll be there along the way to collect your feedback and suggestions for the 14th year of FFXI!

Happy holidays from the Community Team and we hope everyone has an excellent and happy New Year!
By dustinfoley 2015-12-24 07:24:31
Link | Citer | R

So um whats the point of the new years trust event, when 3 of the trusts are RoE rewards?
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-24 08:14:04
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I’d like to answer several of your questions about the upcoming upgrades to Relic/Mythic/Empyrean/Ergon weapons.

• Ultimately this is up to you to decide [to afterglow a weapon right now or after update]. We can’t provide specific details on the new steps at this time, so waiting for the upgrades to be implemented is completely your decision. As stated previously, players that have already obtained weapons with an afterglow will have an easier time upgrading to the next phase.

• Players that already took the time to complete the afterglow effect on their weapon(s), will be rewarded by being able to upgrade in an easier manner through a quest.

We estimate that players with afterglow weapons will be able to upgrade within one hour of starting the quest. Even if you didn't spend the time to create a weapon with an afterglow, we're still offering a method to obtain an afterglow and continue the upgrade process on these legendary weapons, but you’ll still have a great task ahead of you.

• As you mention, Ergon weapons do not have an afterglow effect. Players seeking to upgrade their Ergon weapon will have to clear a number of objectives along with the other players who do not possess a weapon with an afterglow.

If we were to provide the methods for upgrading Relic/Mythic/Empyrean/Ergon weapons this would certainly affect player behavior, and as such, we cannot offer this information yet.

Sounds like rem upgrade would require grinding existing items in game, instead of killing new ultra hard nm or new super hard quests.

*time to stockpile rem currency
By Ramyrez 2015-12-24 08:18:43
Link | Citer | R

Bad time to be concurrently working on a new Relic and Mythic.

Oh well. I've done everything the hard way so far, why change anything now?
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-12-25 08:02:57
Link | Citer | R

The final version of Aloha Iroha, including a sweet little strip of Iroha being introduced to the player character:

[+]
By Takisan 2015-12-25 13:25:23
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
Who are the AG owners that are complaining they want non-AG weapons to be super hard to make? I was simply saying that their decision was a lazy one and they should have kept both paths separate. Then I specifically said they almost 90% won't do current AG users justice with this trial. I don't see in any of my posts that I wish its super hard for non-AG users.

Yea I wish they kept the paths separate. I mean, how hard was it for the dev team to keep them separate until now? Plus, AG is mega time consuming. If they are actually gonna make it useful then let the glowers glow and let the other ppl just get the stat boosts. I don't wanna be pulled into a AG time-sink because some dev are lazy. I would be 110% happy with new stats on my Tizona and no AG.
 Phoenix.Morier
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2015-12-25 14:42:08
Link | Citer | R

dustinfoley said: »
So um whats the point of the new years trust event, when 3 of the trusts are RoE rewards?
Gee, let me think. oh! The ones that aren't!
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 201 202 203