Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 201 202 203
By FaeQueenCory 2015-12-07 17:14:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Essylt said: »
Here's hoping some of that trickles down to NQs as well.
Given how it's not the base stats that makes the HQ better. (they literally have only marginal gains over the NQ for their DEF, statline and most effects... pretty much the only one I can think of that isn't marginal is refresh+2 being +3 in the HQ. But that's a special case.)
It's the set bonus (up to +10/% to a thing) and the +25ish% bonus to the augments where they get the biggest boon, and thus actually differ.

And it's not like the Reisenjima gear is SO far ahead that they're gonna get a massive overhaul... pretty much just +5, at most, statline across the board more, and then the massive double augments...

Don't think they're gonna change the augments though... not even sure if they can. (you know them and their coding skills/practices)
So I'm expecting them to boost the base stats... though maybe they'll go crazy and multiply the current augment maxes by 1.5x or so... that'd be about equal. On some could even go as high as 2x... but I'm not gonna get hopeful for +40Macc&MAB or w/e.

They could also adjust the set bonuses from being +2/% per piece to being something like +4/% or even up to +8/%. (+10/% per piece would be stupid good... so... that's unlikely.)

Hopefully too that it's an actual dat adjustment instead of a method to "+1" the current stuff. (like how they were seemingly talking about the REME update until they stopped and revealed that it'll be a new thing to do...)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-07 18:50:14
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
It's basically for ppl who got HQ Abj gear and have been bitching the forums about how their fancy stuff gets outclassed by super common gear.

I didn't see them referring to HQ only anywhere in that statement.

Pantafernando said: »
Additionally on the item front, we’ll be making adjustments to the stats found on the new abjuration equipment, making them even more powerful to rival the equipment that can be obtained in Reisenjima.

Seems to reference all Abjuration gear not just the 89 million stuff. In the past SE has demonstrated that they couldn't give two shits about players throwing tons of money into something when they design new stuff, so I highly doubt they are going to somehow start caring all of a sudden. It's most likely them just updating the Accuracy / Attack / Magic Accuracy / Magic Attack of the Abjuration gear to be more in line with that's available from the new area.

FaeQueenCory said: »
And it's not like the Reisenjima gear is SO far ahead that they're gonna get a massive overhaul... pretty much just +5, at most, statline across the board more, and then the massive double augments...

I think they are just going to raise the Acc / Atk / Magic Acc / Magic Atk on them. To be perfectly honest that's the biggest stat that makes the new stuff outclass the old so badly. When your getting 30~40 accuracy per piece, it makes a huge difference.
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2015-12-07 19:36:12
Link | Citer | R

if they do them all nq or hq that would be nice. there were so many butthurt jps crying about the reijen gears over their shiny full hq overpriced sets. If there is one thing that moves them, it ia the tears of the jp base. I am still amused that this random augment crap asks me melee or magic, etc to make me feel like i have a decision, then gives me pet acc, int, occult accumen, and store tp for my pld.
By Pantafernando 2015-12-08 15:30:35
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Hello,

I would like to give an update in regards to a previous post that was made back in June of 2014.

Quote:
Greetings,

After making it possible to enter seal battlefields with Trust alter egos in the June version update, we’ve determined a bug that removes buffs upon entry. As this is a bug that is closely tied to the system changes that allow alter egos to enter these battlefields, it will take a bit of time to fix.

On the positive side, we have been looking into changing battlefield rules. In particular, we’d like to change the system so that when entering a battlefield the cool downs of all special abilities, job abilities, and magic spells are reset. We feel this will allow you to repeat battlefields more easily and also encourage you to employ special abilities into your strategies better.

With this system change, you’ll be able to use special abilities outside of battlefields and then reuse them again once you enter a battlefield, which is why we had planned to implement a feature that removes all of your buffs upon entry.

As this is a very large change, we’d like to look into this very carefully, but I wanted to give you all a heads up.

The team is working towards fixing this bug as well as making this change in the August version update.

First off, I apologize for the time it has taken to give a status update on this task. The development team has been looking into and testing a system that would allow for abilities and magic spell cooldowns to reset when entering battlefields; however, they encountered a number of problems and have had to put this off. Many of the problems were related to battle balance, such as cases where special abilities could be used prior to entering a battlefield, making it possible to re-use these abilities right away once inside. We appreciate your understanding.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-12-09 07:51:09
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
*rival

not replacing

It's basically for ppl who got HQ Abj gear and have been bitching the forums about how their fancy stuff gets outclassed by super common gear.

Personally, I had no issues with 90% of my HQ abj. gear being replaced last update.

The issue I have is the beyond stupid augment system they used to replace it. Something is seriously wrong with the game when I spend the majority of my playtime in Norg going through text windows for shitty augments than I do actually playing the new content in Reisenjima. Then consider the *** that is augmenting with Dark Matter and how utterly random that is. It's by far the worst augment system SE has ever implemented and that's tough to do since we've seen some really bad augment systems, which is saddening because they had made great progress with the Alluvion and Escha augment systems.

Not saying it's a bad thing but you definitely like to max your characters and this system makes doing that incredibly difficult. I've learned to live with good-great augs without them being perfect and it doesn't bother me all that much. My advice is to accept you won't have 40 acc/att STP 6 and DEX 15 on all your TP pieces at least until they make a campaign where augs are enhanced.

I will say most of my joy comes from helping others get some of this cool gear rather than farming stones all day and sitting in Norg for hours trying to max my char though. Different strokes I guess.
By Chyula 2015-12-09 09:05:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Echandra said: »
if they do them all nq or hq that would be nice. there were so many butthurt jps crying about the reijen gears over their shiny full hq overpriced sets. If there is one thing that moves them, it ia the tears of the jp base. I am still amused that this random augment crap asks me melee or magic, etc to make me feel like i have a decision, then gives me pet acc, int, occult accumen, and store tp for my pld.

more tp to spam sanguine stay alive ya know.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-10 04:32:02
Link | Citer | R

And looks like I was right, they mostly raised the Atk / Accuracy / Magic Accuracy / Magic Attack. They also gave a bigger boost to the HQ's, so looks like I might be chasing down HQ vale soon.
By Pantafernando 2015-12-10 18:01:25
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Since Crystal Petrifacts are relatively easy to obtain, there are no plans to create a system that would allow players to exchange Kupofried's corundums for Crystal Petrifacts.

Quote:
Quote:
I put it on Borderless through the config but it won't let me Alt+Tab out so far. Might be something with my PC as I had an issue with LOTRO doing that but then it all of a sudden started working not too long ago. Only way I could get it to work before is by having another program open while the game was running like a browser. I didn't test that with FFXI but arguably they worded it to make you think that's how it would work.

Unlike the full screen mode, this mode enables players to use alt-tab to switch to a different application window.

The development team will be implementing a fix for this issue in the December version update. We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused!

And in fact, they did:

Quote:
  • The issue wherein booting up FINAL FANTASY XI and using Alt-Tab to change windows would cause the windows cursor to appear and not properly revert.

• The issue with the borderless windowed mode wherein it would not be possible to alt-tab to the desktop.

Incorrect date for Ring in the New Year with Adventurer Assistance Campaigns:

Quote:
The correct time should be Thursday, December 10 at 12:00 a.m. (PST). We've corrected the start time on the topics page.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Availability of HMPs, Riftcinders, Riftdross

Quote:
The dev. team has looked into increasing the number of methods to obtain these upgrade items, however, because there are two methods to obtain them (from VNMs or Void Watch), and the stats on the completed weapons are very strong, they decided to put this on hold for the moment. With that said, we are aware that these items can be difficult to obtain so we’re looking into possibly offering them via login campaigns.

Quote:
Fear not, the upgrades to Relic/Mythic/Empyrean/Ergon weapons are still coming! The development team is not only adding stat upgrades, but also making event-related adjustments (not quests, but text-related to upgrading), and adjustments to certain Aftermaths.

This work will take a bit more time, but it is underway!
By Chyula 2015-12-10 18:16:13
Link | Citer | R

1k login point per hmp and 2k point per other, supply fixed!. onry take years of login points.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-12-10 19:39:08
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

Fear not, the upgrades to Relic/Mythic/Empyrean/Ergon weapons are still coming! The development team is not only adding stat upgrades, but also making event-related adjustments (not quests, but text-related to upgrading), and adjustments to certain Aftermaths.

This work will take a bit more time, but it is underway!

{That's interesting.}
By Pantafernando 2015-12-14 16:14:01
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
We’re aware of an issue where players are unable to see or target other NPCs or party/alliance members, and the development team is currently investigating. At the moment, we ask for your patience while we work to resolve this bug. As soon as we have more information, we’ll update this thread.
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-12-14 16:51:53
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
We’re aware of an issue where players are unable to see or target other NPCs or party/alliance members, and the development team is currently investigating. At the moment, we ask for your patience while we work to resolve this bug. As soon as we have more information, we’ll update this thread.

Let's hope this doesn't take a month and a half to fix unlike the linkshell/sacks to pearls glitch when they made unities.
[+]
By Creecreelo 2015-12-14 20:45:08
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

Has anyone posted on this yet? Seems there's some curious stuff to see...

Around 48:00~ mark, is that a new area? New mobs?

Around 1:05:00, there is a raptor mount...
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-12-14 20:52:13
Link | Citer | R

From what was told these were "could have been" art concepts. ToAU was originally planned to have 1 more chapter where you enter Tartarus but it was scrapped.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jutubyaa
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: KiloWatt
By Lakshmi.Jutubyaa 2015-12-14 21:22:37
Link | Citer | R

Creecreelo said: »

Has anyone posted on this yet? Seems there's some curious stuff to see...

Around 48:00~ mark, is that a new area? New mobs?

Around 1:05:00, there is a raptor mount...

What looks like new areas, with a Xol on a Ultima/Biotechnology Weapon and Empyrean Armor v3 in a tab called "New Corner".

neat.jpg
[+]
By Clinpachi 2015-12-14 22:09:56
Link | Citer | R

That... is... awesome...

Can we have a courel mount next pls? lol.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-12-15 03:35:41
Link | Citer | R

Well they've announced info on content updates past console EoS including E/R/M weapon upgrades in February: http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/14420/detail.html
Quote:
Greetings, adventurers! Matsui here.

I'd like to talk a little about our plans for FINAL FANTASY XI going forward on the development and management side of things.

So that adventurers can always look forward to a fresh and ever-changing Vana'diel, we will be continuing monthly version updates past April. Look out for new updates every month focused on battle and story content.

On the battle side of things, we will be adding new battle varieties each month to keep up the scale and ferocity of the epic battlefields enjoyed thus far viable for a wide range of jobs and play styles. Of course, we also have smaller content planned for solo and Trust-based play.

Fresh story content is also in the works to flesh out the lives of Vana'diel's many inhabitants. New Records of Eminence objectives will offer adventurers glimpses into these characters' side stories.

To ensure that adventuring through Vana'diel stays as fun and frustration-free as possible, we will continue to balance battle content and make adjustments and quality of life improvements wherever we can. We will also be continuing to run login and other campaigns in keeping with the needs and wants of the community.

We are currently busy preparing for monthly updates in the run-up to April, including a version update slated for February, which will introduce new augments for Relic, Mythic, Empyrean, and Ergon weapons.

As our plans for next year begin to solidify, we are growing increasingly excited for 2016 in Vana'diel. The team and I are committed to keep the magic of Vana'diel alive and will be putting in our hearts and souls to ring in another new and exciting year for FINAL FANTASY XI.

We wish you all a happy and safe holiday season and hope to see you all in Vana'diel in 2016!

Akihiko Matsui
Producer, FINAL FANTASY XI
[+]
 Bismarck.Baalthus
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Baalthus
By Bismarck.Baalthus 2015-12-15 03:55:02
Link | Citer | R

Nice to see that we still get content updates in the future.
[+]
 Shiva.Tilanna
Serveur: Shiva
user: Tilanna
By Shiva.Tilanna 2015-12-15 08:17:46
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
introduce new augments for Relic, Mythic, Empyrean, and Ergon weapons.

If the augment system is anything like what they used for Reisenjima gear they can *** right off.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-12-15 08:22:19
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Tilanna said: »
Quote:

If the augment system is anything like what they used for Reisenjima gear they can *** right off.
I very much doubt it'll be anything like that, it will probably be static upgrades like previous R/E/M upgrades.

In fact it probably will be considering they already showed the proposed stats for the sword R/E/M.
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-12-15 08:22:49
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Well they've announced info on content updates past console EoS including E/R/M weapon upgrades in February: http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/14420/detail.html
Quote:

I'd like to talk a little about our plans for FINAL FANTASY XI going forward on the development and management side of things.

So that adventurers can always look forward to a fresh and ever-changing Vana'diel, we will be continuing monthly version updates past April. Look out for new updates every month focused on battle and story content.

On the battle side of things, we will be adding new battle varieties each month to keep up the scale and ferocity of the epic battlefields enjoyed thus far viable for a wide range of jobs and play styles. Of course, we also have smaller content planned for solo and Trust-based play.

Fresh story content is also in the works to flesh out the lives of Vana'diel's many inhabitants. New Records of Eminence objectives will offer adventurers glimpses into these characters' side stories.

To ensure that adventuring through Vana'diel stays as fun and frustration-free as possible, we will continue to balance battle content and make adjustments and quality of life improvements wherever we can. We will also be continuing to run login and other campaigns in keeping with the needs and wants of the community.

We are currently busy preparing for monthly updates in the run-up to April, including a version update slated for February, which will introduce new augments for Relic, Mythic, Empyrean, and Ergon weapons.

As our plans for next year begin to solidify, we are growing increasingly excited for 2016 in Vana'diel. The team and I are committed to keep the magic of Vana'diel alive and will be putting in our hearts and souls to ring in another new and exciting year for FINAL FANTASY XI.

We wish you all a happy and safe holiday season and hope to see you all in Vana'diel in 2016!

Akihiko Matsui

Some idiots thought that there would be no updates after nov and quit. wonder if they will all come crawling back.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-12-15 08:28:35
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
Quote:

Akihiko Matsui

Some idiots thought that there would be no updates after nov and quit. wonder if they will all come crawling back.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Tilanna
Serveur: Shiva
user: Tilanna
By Shiva.Tilanna 2015-12-15 08:33:19
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Tilanna said: »
Quote:

I very much doubt it'll be anything like that, it will probably be static upgrades like previous R/E/M upgrades.

In fact it probably will be considering they already showed the proposed stats for the sword R/E/M.

Maybe it's just something getting lost in translation, but I took it to mean augments on top of whatever static buff they give them from the next upgrade to bring them to Aeonic level.
 Bismarck.Branden
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Branden
By Bismarck.Branden 2015-12-15 08:36:12
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
The dev. team has looked into increasing the number of methods to obtain these upgrade items, however, because there are two methods to obtain them (from VNMs or Void Watch), and the stats on the completed weapons are very strong, they decided to put this on hold for the moment. With that said, we are aware that these items can be difficult to obtain so we’re looking into possibly offering them via login campaigns.

Is it really that difficult to increase the drop rates or add a guaranteed slot for a HMP pouch? I mean it would be great if they add a new line of VW that would get people interested in doing those fights but really they're overthinking this..
[+]
By fonewear 2015-12-15 09:54:44
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Branden said: »
Quote:

Is it really that difficult to increase the drop rates or add a guaranteed slot for a HMP pouch? I mean it would be great if they add a new line of VW that would get people interested in doing those fights but really they're overthinking this..

No but they don't like to change things or admit they make mistakes.
[+]
By dustinfoley 2015-12-15 14:35:48
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Greetings,

I have a bit more to add about the upcoming enhancements.

After enhancing Relic, Mythic, and Empyrean weapons via the new upgrade path, an afterglow effect will be applied to each one.

The first reason for this is to enable future expansion of this content. The afterglow effect on weapons is tied to the completion of Trials of the Magians, and the data for these quests are stored directly on the weapon itself. This data record occupies the same space as that of the weapons’ stat expansion, and in the event you haven’t completed Trials of the Magians (i.e. have not obtained an afterglow), it would not be possible to increase the weapon stats or expand on the special properties.

The second reason is to reduce the time and resources for enhancements. When looking into enhancements for these weapons, we found that if we were to split them into two groups (those with afterglow and those without), it would require a higher amount of resources, which would cause the development time to increase. In order to avoid this from happening, we decided to adopt the current plan that we are moving forward with.

If you already have a weapon with an afterglow effect, you will have an advantage as the next phase for enhancement will be easier to accomplish. On the other hand, those that do not have an afterglow will have quite a challenge ahead of them.

The development team is working hard on adjustments so that they can implement this content, so please stay tuned for more details!

Well this should be interesting. Afterglows for all!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By dustinfoley 2015-12-15 14:45:15
Link | Citer | R

Simply kill all escha nm in all 3 zones... 1x for afterglows, 5x each for non-afterglows
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-15 14:46:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
For them to use the phrase "Quite a challenge" makes me wonder if that is something ridiculous or just something we will figure out how to streamline like getting alex, ploutons, or beads.

In that case relic owners would be able to obtain skill 269 version much faster than other weapons then......marrows are dart cheap nowadays, would only cost 300M to afterglow a relic. On the other hand, cinder empy after glow........
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 201 202 203