Ragnarok.Orlind
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-11-03 03:56:56
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dubai said: »
Forgot to mention;

"Not only that, but the maximum benefit of Commitment from items will be doubled during the campaign!"

So that means rings, kupofiend? , cape? As well will be doubled? I am sure the rings will be but what about the others? Since the CP cape is considered an "item".

I don't think capes will be affected because that note specifies the buff "Commitment". The rings actually give this buff but the capes, Mog Garden boosts and JP gifts do not.
By Faero 2015-11-03 03:58:15
Link | Citer | R

Commitment is the CP bonus status given by rings, just like Dedication is the EXP status from rings. The bonus from campaign realistically only applies to rings; Trizerk, Vocation, Capacity etc.
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-11-03 05:04:06
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Skirmish Frenzy Campaign - PLUS!
Skirmishes will undergo the following changes during the campaign.
- Personal treasure coffer ranks will increase much faster.
- The spawn rate of yecuexes will be increased in Alluvion Skirmishes.
- Balamor's Adumbration will always appear in Alluvion Skirmish - Yorcia Weald (U).
- Vials of translurry will always be obtainable in Alluvion Skirmish - Yorcia Weald (U).
- Vials of transmelange will always be obtainable in Alluvion Skirmish – Outer Ra'Kaznar (U).
- The spawn rate of heartwings will be increased in Alluvion Skirmishes in Yorcia Weald (U) and Outer Ra'Kaznar (U).

No one mentioned that part. It looks like we are finally having the last Alluvion area.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-03 05:07:15
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
- Vials of transmelange will always be obtainable in Alluvion Skirmish – Outer Ra'Kaznar (U).
Would seem to me it's actually just a mistake on their part and what they're saying is you will always get transmelange in Rak skirmish.

Same with the Translurry because you sure as hell don't get translurry from completing alluvion Yorcia right now.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-11-03 18:51:22
Link | Citer | R

A couple of "no":

Quote:
It is true that Teodor uses En-silence, but there are no plans to open this spell up to players.

Quote:
We have no plans to increase the drop rate of items from high-tier battlefields, or add a token system which would guarantee drops after a predetermined amount of wins.

Quote:
While the development team considered this a really neat idea, there are no plans to allow fishing while using the /sitchair emote.

Quote:
There are no plans to adjust the benefits alter egos receive during the Alter Ego Expo.

Quote:
There are no plans for adjustments to be made that would allow pets to receive buffs players ordinarily receive.

Quote:
We have no plans to make adjustments to Voidwatch or Voidwalker NMs.

Quote:
We have no plans to make adjustments to weaponskill damage for two-handed weapons.

Quote:
At the moment, there are no plans to add item level gear in the likes of Assault and Salvage equipment.

Quote:
There are no plans to add additional methods for collecting these items (HMP, cinder, dross); however, we are going to be easing up on the acquisition of said items through various limited-time campaigns.

Quote:
We have no plans to add item level gear that enables the use of Impact.

Quote:
We have no plans to ease up on the Key Item drop rates in Abyssea.
By Pantafernando 2015-11-03 18:52:06
Link | Citer | R

And few "yes":

Quote:
In the November version update, we plan on allowing players to use Trust magic inside of Dynamis. Please look forward to more details as we quickly approach the update!

Quote:
We've started providing this information for newly added foods since the previous version update and continue to do so moving forward. However, when it comes to older foods, there's an enormous amount of items to detail. We may be able to provide this data, but first we need to identify a plan to undertake this massive workload.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-11-03 19:37:45
Link | Citer | R

'massive workload'

you mean like 60-90 minutes of one person looking at the code related to it..
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-11-03 19:55:40
Link | Citer | R

how the hell don't they have that information stored in a database of some sort, so they don't doubleup on food specs...
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Serveur: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-11-03 22:00:03
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
We have no plans to make adjustments to weaponskill damage for two-handed weapons.

Yes, leave your game at its final update with WAR and DRK being worthless, and DRG little better, so that BLM/SCH can continue to shine.

That's absolute garbage. I hate to see the game I've played since launch day on PC in North America end like this, with a whimper.
[+]
 Fenrir.Shinun
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Shinun
By Fenrir.Shinun 2015-11-03 22:12:23
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Quote:

Yes, leave your game at its final update with WAR and DRK being worthless, and DRG little better, so that BLM/SCH can continue to shine.

That's absolute garbage. I hate to see the game I've played since launch day on PC in North America end like this, with a whimper.

I also don't agree with it but, I've grown accustomed to 2h weapons being inferior to most things in other games already. I never understand the reasoning behind it but am perfectly fine with it
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-11-03 22:53:16
Link | Citer | R

Yeah if they don't update the 2H WS's then those jobs are going to just die out. WAR can adapt to a fencer setup, but DRG DRK and SAM are pretty much glued to their weapon and currently it's just not worth the amount of support needed to make any of them work. Needing five dedicated support so one guy can be the hero is just kind of stupid.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-11-03 22:56:38
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

I'm not telling you to get your hopes up, but there will still be balance updates. This isn't the final update.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-11-03 23:15:40
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Quote:
Would seem to me it's actually just a mistake on their part and what they're saying is you will always get transmelange in Rak skirmish.

Same with the Translurry because you sure as hell don't get translurry from completing alluvion Yorcia right now.

Alluvion armor +1 and +2!

I just threw up in my mouth a little.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-11-03 23:17:06
Link | Citer | R

Verda said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Yeah if they don't update the 2H WS's then those jobs are going to just die out. WAR can adapt to a fencer setup, but DRG DRK and SAM are pretty much glued to their weapon and currently it's just not worth the amount of support needed to make any of them work. Needing five dedicated support so one guy can be the hero is just kind of stupid.

Even when Koga SAM was pretty much agreed by everyone to be strongest DD in the game, that was the setup for SAM...

Which wasn't widely used, it's really obnoxious getting that many people to play support so one guy can feel superior. Most players just fell back to using 2 DD's since more people got to have fun that way.

And Koga SAM hasn't been the best DD for awhile, it just has a hard core following and it's previous status was so solid that it's hard to shake. Any of the other 2H DD's can do exactly what SAM does without needing a Koga since they use multi-hit WS's mostly which aren't going to risk that 5% missing. There is just this image attached to SAM and the people who play it that has survived for nearly a decade.

:Edit:
Wait I remember you from that other thread where you claimed DRG was the 2nd most accurate job in the game while having zero idea how BLU and DNC worked. Yeah your opinion's weight just hit negatives.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-11-03 23:43:35
Link | Citer | R

Any job can dance circles around any other job. Its just the im a (insert main job here) so its the best out of all the jobs. Since I love nin so much, it shits on blu, dnc and sam all together.
[+]
 Cerberus.Quipto
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2015-11-03 23:57:32
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

Well... I didn't see a WAR or DRK in the opening movie ;p
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-11-04 00:23:34
Link | Citer | R

Verda said: »
Which wasn't widely used, it's really obnoxious getting that many people to play support so one guy can feel superior.

It can be hard to find that much support, but anyone that actually likes to play support jobs and any DD that isn't arrogant, knows that a DD is only as good as their support. Even DD with utility if you use it, your dps goes way down. Have said DD have no healer, they won't feel superior for long it's about team work no matter the setup.

Most players just fell back to using 2 DD's since more people got to have fun that way.

If you hate support don't play it, there's players that like it.

There is just this image attached to SAM and the people who play it that has survived for nearly a decade.
It's still a strong job choice. 99k light chains are hard to argue with. If you don't have just 1 SAM then you better work very close with another person, and that takes even more coordination than a 5 supports to prop up 1 DD setup. Lots of other setups follow a similar strategy. BLM death burst often has GEO WHM PLD SCH and either 2nd GEO or COR and a BLM. You can replace the 2nd support with another BLM but on extremely hard stuff it's usually less efficient. The SCH can do dmg too, but won't be able to optimize it at all if they're doing immanence skill chains constantly to make magic bursts happen. I just talked to a guy who did 18 player kirin with BLM death burst strategy. Out of those 18 people, only 3 were BLM. The stronger the content the more supports you stack, because as it stands, support are the most broken job class in the game.

Wait I remember you from that other thread where you claimed DRG was the 2nd most accurate job in the game while having zero idea how BLU and DNC worked. Yeah your opinion's weight just hit negatives.
Don't worry, you can keep telling everyone BLU is the only job that matters, I'm sure facts won't stop you. And I had more idea how DNC worked than you, and just as much for BLU. And DRG is tied for 2nd most native accuracy, and yes again, BLU can stack traits but it comes at a cost.

So much wrong in this post...

Any 2H DD can now do multi-step SC's and they've been able to do it for while.

WAR -> Ukko's / Kings Justice -> Steel Cycle -> Upheaval -> Ukko's / Kings Justice -> Ukko's (double light)

DRK -> CR -> Insurgency -> Entropy -> CR -> Quietus (double dark)
DRK -> Resolution -> Torcleaver -> Scourge -> Resolution -> Torcleaver (double light)

DRG -> Drakes -> Stardiver -> Camlann's Torment -> Drakes -> Camlann's Torment (double light)

If MNK can get some Store TP they could even do it along with both DNC and THF. Unfortunately Sword can't do multi-step and WAR is missing a critical cateogry on Axe. Strangely enough BST has access to that category and can do multi-step double Dark SC.

Anyhow this is more for other people to take notice. People used SAM for multi-step because SAM has historically been associated with "SC Master" with it's JT and JA being centered around that. Other jobs were capable of it but very few bothered to pay attention.

As for now, *click* Verda problem solved.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-11-04 00:26:00
Link | Citer | R

*peeks inside*

Looks like Pantafernando is the new Kali :)
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-11-04 00:34:00
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
Any job can dance circles around any other job. Its just the im a (insert main job here) so its the best out of all the jobs. Since I love nin so much, it shits on blu, dnc and sam all together.

Unfortunately it's not that easy. Currently some jobs are advantaged in content due to access to certain traits or gear combinations. 2H DD's were hurt in two ways, first being a 100+ accuracy deficit due to gear selection (MNK/THF/BLU/NIN/DNC vs WAR/DRK/PLD/DRG/SAM). The second is their WS's weren't updated after 1H WS's were overhauled to have ridiculous fTP values. 2H WS's are lucky to get 4~5 fTP while 1H tend to be double that.

Add those together and 1H hit faster, hit more accurately and have more powerful WS selections. The only benefit for 2H is that their WS selection is really useful for multi-step SCing while 1H tend to lack certain critical categories. And that's without going into gearing for MBs.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-11-04 00:39:28
Link | Citer | R

do we know if final armor coming out this update or the next?
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2015-11-04 00:49:15
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »

It is the only one that gets scroll of Kakka: Ichi...
[+]
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2015-11-04 00:49:40
Link | Citer | R

This got posted a little bit ago on the JP Dev Tracker that I don't think got mentioned here.

Quote:
11月上旬のバージョンアップにて、新たなだいじなものを実装予定です。
これは、だいじなもの「トリビュレンズ」と同様の効果を備えているのですが、
「トリビュレンズ」と異なり、一度で失うことはなく、
交換後1時間が経過するか、エリアチェンジをするかで消失するものとなります。

交換する条件も、だいじなもの「トリビュレンズ」と同じですので、
これまでと同じ使用感で活用できるかと思います。

They're essentially adding a tribulens that lasts for either an hr or until you zone, didn't mention how much it will cost but going to guess it won't be too bad. Nice little convenience thing and possibly a silt savings if you're spamming a bunch.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-11-04 08:23:42
Link | Citer | R

Its funny how so many people are crying over 2Handers being 'left behind' due to the 1H WS update, which has been in place about a year, versus the 2-Handers update that gave 3/4 Str/Dex advantage to 2Handers for 8+ years
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-11-04 09:19:23
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Its funny how so many people are crying over 2Handers being 'left behind' due to the 1H WS update, which has been in place about a year, versus the 2-Handers update that gave 3/4 Str/Dex advantage to 2Handers for 8+ years

What does that matter?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 201 202 203