Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 154 155 156 ... 201 202 203
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-06-05 08:53:45
Link | Citer | R

But what if they adjust MNK WS by making... Shijin Spiral a magical weapon skill? /mindblown
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-05 09:42:35
Link | Citer | R

They need to make scales tradable for cards, like one scale = 3 cards of a job that the scale is an upgrade for. Should also alter the conversion ration to 3:1 because right now we are using GEO and COR mules for those jobs while we get cards in the off part on our mains.
[+]
By ocean 2017-06-05 09:57:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
They need to make scales tradable for cards, like one scale = 3 cards of a job that the scale is an upgrade for. Should also alter the conversion ration to 3:1 because right now we are using GEO and COR mules for those jobs while we get cards in the off part on our mains.

Or scales for body armor! Like 50scales for that NMs body piece
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-05 10:08:08
Link | Citer | R

ocean said: »
Or scales for body armor! Like 50scales for that NMs body piece

Ain't gonna happen, would completely defeat the purpose of those body armor drops.

See SE does this to keep you guys running on the hamster wheels. They create these drops that are slightly more powerful then other items available for that slot, then give them a 1% drop rate. It's to lure you into spending all your time chasing it down and thus provide an artificial road block to "clearing" content.

So yeah those bodies are the carrot.
[+]
 Cerberus.Ephexis
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Ephexis
By Cerberus.Ephexis 2017-06-05 10:22:05
Link | Citer | R

Indeed, except that the carrot and stick approach used by SE is to shove the carrot up the *** of the playerbase, followed by the stick.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-05 10:51:20
Link | Citer | R

What happens later is that they release another item of similar or better power as a common drop in newer content. It's when they "power up" their content levels and severely degrades he usefulness of previous "uber rare" gear.

My advice for everyone is to never chase those 1% drop items, if you happen to get one great, but focus your time around most productive goals. Unless you actually enjoy farming for it, then by all means go have fun.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-06-05 10:58:31
Link | Citer | R

Think pulse bodies.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2017-06-08 17:36:06
Link | Citer | R

About Somber, Radiant, Fleeting, etc Memories:

Quote:
Hello, VoiceMemo.

Since these types of items are currently able to be sold on the auction house in dozens, it would be difficult to change the stack amount. While we understand how this would be helpful, unfortunately, it is not possible at this time.
However, we thank you for your feedback!
By Marootsoobootsu 2017-06-09 00:11:31
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »

Quote:
Hello, VoiceMemo.

Since these types of items are currently able to be sold on the auction house in dozens, it would be difficult to change the stack amount. While we understand how this would be helpful, unfortunately, it is not possible at this time.

What was the initial question? Getting them to stack to 99?
By Justuas 2017-06-09 04:58:19
Link | Citer | R

Marootsoobootsu said: »
Pantafernando said: »

Quote:
Hello, VoiceMemo.

What was the initial question? Getting them to stack to 99?
Yes
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2017-06-09 05:30:01
Link | Citer | R

What happens later is that they release another item of similar or better power as a common drop in newer content. It's when they "power up" their content levels and severely degrades he usefulness of previous "uber rare" gear.

My advice for everyone is to never chase those 1% drop items, if you happen to get one great, but focus your time around most productive goals. Unless you actually enjoy farming for it, then by all means go have fun.

At least a happy side-effect is, for a Vagary example, people trying to get that damn Tartarus Platemail meant there was a relatively constant, steady flow of Empyrean reforge materials being generated.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-09 06:14:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ivlilla said: »

At least a happy side-effect is, for a Vagary example, people trying to get that damn Tartarus Platemail meant there was a relatively constant, steady flow of Empyrean reforge materials being generated.
That is, until they use those same items for high-level synths that jumps the price of said mats from 300k to 3m per.
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2017-06-09 06:55:01
Link | Citer | R

Had a longer post. As it ended with "I concede the point", I'll just save everyone some reading time.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Serveur: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-06-10 13:15:25
Link | Citer | R

Just realized this month's 1,500 point login trade item includes Relic upgrade mats.

This coupled with Matsui's hint when talking about new battle content seems to hint strongly that the next Omen style battefield will be for relic armor set.
 Shiva.Cahota
Serveur: Shiva
user: cahota420
By Shiva.Cahota 2017-06-10 14:35:34
Link | Citer | R

empy items in there too for 1k pts, then for 100 pts cloud evoker!! who remembers doing those figths at 75, good times.
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-06-10 15:13:05
Link | Citer | R

Hope it is relic, so I can switch jobs.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-06-10 15:41:48
Link | Citer | R

I'm hoping reforged DRG Relic is less of a disappointment than the AF.
 Fenrir.Dragonimi
user: Dragonimi
By Fenrir.Dragonimi 2017-06-10 15:54:35
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
I'm hoping reforged DRG Relic is less of a disappointment than the AF.

Make DRG Great Again!
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-06-10 16:20:33
Link | Citer | R

I was under the impression drg was in a good place? True though, the +3set looked underwhelming
 Leviathan.Sidra
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-06-10 17:10:54
Link | Citer | R

If you just play the game, DRG is fine. Anything that can be mele'd, you can bring a DRG to and it will output plenty of DPS, if it's built well, for the team to be successful in the encounter.

On the forums, it's not quite as good since the spreadsheets (which are pretty accurate) tend to show it not having as much max capabilities in the really high buff situations. Angon is great, but useless in situations with a GEO Bolstering Fury and Frailty with crazy Bard buffs as well. In 6 person non SP parties, it's the same as most of the DD - what you put into it is what you get out of it.

The +3 AF set and new crafted set are pretty lackluster in terms of helping DRG DPS.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-06-10 17:23:15
Link | Citer | R

DRG is in a fine place as long as your skyrat lives. If the content kills it you are hosed.
 Leviathan.Sidra
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-06-10 17:26:11
Link | Citer | R

This is true, but they have made it really easy to keep her alive. Basically, she never dies. Spirit Link is on a 90 second timer, she has 40% damage reduction, and Steady Wing with proper Wyvern HP swaps when she is not at full HP is a massive stoneskin. But when the master dies, and the Summon Wyvern is on CD - the DRG is screwed.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-06-10 17:47:20
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Sidra said: »
This is true, but they have made it really easy to keep her alive. Basically, she never dies. Spirit Link is on a 90 second timer, she has 40% damage reduction, and Steady Wing with proper Wyvern HP swaps when she is not at full HP is a massive stoneskin. But when the master dies, and the Summon Wyvern is on CD - the DRG is screwed.

At least it isnt 2 hours use still, so thankful for that
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-06-21 03:10:51
Link | Citer | R

Unless I misread something, it looks from today's small teaser note that the "big new content" they were working on and that they mentioned before the June Patch, won't make it in the July patch either.

Q_Q

So basically we gonna get a new quest (new rewards too?), incursion campaign gonna become perma, small fixes here and there (MNK buff? SMN AC nerf?) and that's it?
 Asura.Ganno
user: ganon8413
By Asura.Ganno 2017-06-21 04:14:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
that the "big new content" they were working on and that they mentioned before the June Patch, won't make it in the July patch either.

They also announced Sinister Reign 2 on Nov/Dec 2015, still not out!
Patience Sechs
By Pantafernando 2017-06-21 04:33:04
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Announcing the Next Version Update (06/21/2017)

The next version update is scheduled for early July.

This month's main attraction is the continuation of The Ygnas Directive storyline, featuring some of your favorite characters from Seekers of Adoulin.

Also on the docket are the monthly updates to Ambuscade, adjustments to spoils obtained in Incursion, and a smorgasbord of other small changes!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-06-21 04:36:41
Link | Citer | R

Did they announce SR2? You sure you didn't misread?
I don't recall them ever mentioning SR2 and I usually get so excited by stuff like that I would totally remember!

I mean I might have missed it but I'm tipically very attentive when it comes to SE's comments.

I mean Matsui's previous comment (couple of weeks ago) doesn't really leave much space to doubts

Quote:
This update may be on the small side, but think of it as pre-combat buffing before we alpha strike our way to victory!

It never said "july", that was just an assumption from us players, but it makes it pretty clear that they're working on some new content that will be released asap.
Can't see that as being the fruit of an unlucky translation either.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-06-21 05:05:42
Link | Citer | R

SR2 with awesome rewards gated behind "The Ygnas Directive" would be the next amazing "f*ck you" to lazy ppl after they added Eregon requirements !
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-06-21 05:57:12
Link | Citer | R

Would be interesting if they added new drops to cLevel >140 Incursion
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 154 155 156 ... 201 202 203