Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 157 158 159 ... 178 179 180
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-22 14:53:03
Link | Citer | R

Morihei said: »
What would you tell the haters?

I'm making BST my priority Master Level job, behind SAM, DRG, and MNK. It's fine, right? BST DD can still keep up with everyone else, right?

It's fine because it's a game and you should play whatever you want. I happen to absolutely love BST, and I feel it has tremendous utility and usefulness, but most players aren't going to prioritize one UNLESS they see a meta scenario where the focus shifts to some of the moves Nariont mentioned (Purulent/Corrosive Ooze, TP Drainkiss etc). Nearly nobody invited BST to things until Mboze strat with TP Drainkiss was a thing, and even then, it was only really used for a handful of moves. So you're not going to change any minds overnight, no matter how good you are on BST.

With that being said, BST is a lot of fun. Yes it can DD; Can it "keep up"? Honestly, no, but it kinda can depending on what scenario you put it in. If you're comparing it to a Savage Blade WAR or Torcleaver DRK, or Hybrid SAM/NIN, that's not really a fair comparison. Killer Instinct is an insane buff, where applicable. The problem is, in something like Segment farming, you can't utilize its full potential, because Bestiary types change too often to benefit from it. You're also not going to like having to use a Naegling for the best possible damage either, because I don't. Axe WS like Mistral Axe and Doli Decimation are behind Savage Blade, but still put up competitive damage. I've played all DD jobs in all current content, and BST is for sure towards the bottom, (it can deal respectable DPS and it's not as low as BRD or PUP but not higher than a NIN not using Hybrids) but that doesn't mean it's not a good DD.

Being able to switch out pets on the fly is also a nifty use, especially with Odyssey Gaol fights where more people may be open to auxiliary jobs to round out a group in multi-phone runs. I kind of put BST in the same category as SMN now, and not just because they both are pet jobs. They are both underutilized jobs that have a ton of utility and can fit into practically every team comp, but too many people are not aware of what they can do, so they just ignore its contribution altogether. I wouldn't let that discourage you though. The job is a ton of fun and, when played right, benefits the entire group in some way. It just doesn't currently get picked first for kickball until all of the cool kids are either unavailable or you need a couple of tricks to outsmart the opposition xD
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-12-22 17:39:04
Link | Citer | R

Morihei said: »
Yesterday, I finally got rolling again. But I'm being told that BST isn't really good for anything. It kinda gets my blood boiling, because that's been the message ever since the Ready distance decrease. What would you tell the haters?

I'm making BST my priority Master Level job, behind SAM, DRG, and MNK. It's fine, right? BST DD can still keep up with everyone else, right?

BST provides great utility and was key in many of my groups odyssey clears. Although if you really want to do a lot of Odyssey you will need multiple jobs.

It can do some damage but more importantly it can boost everyone else's damage or help everyone else survive, you may not be winning parses but you should be boosting everyone else. What matters is clearing the content not winning the parse.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-12-22 18:36:23
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Savage Blade WAR or Torcleaver DRK, or Hybrid SAM/NIN

Please stop putting Savage WAR in the same line as Torc DRK, Hybrid SAM/NIN or even THF Savage. I drives me crazy. Savage WAR is good damage only with Warcry and/or Mighty Strikes or when DNC is around with Haste Samba. 68.75% haste Naegling WAR is far behind top DDs.

it can deal respectable DPS and it's not as low as BRD or PUP but not higher than a NIN not using Hybrids

Another heresy, this would imply Savage NIN is somewhere on the bottom, just above BRD and PUP? Savage NIN is almost top DD, FAR above Naegling WAR (at least assuming accuracy with TP bonus katana offhand isnt a problem and you are getting decent attack buffs). Unless my not using hybrids you somehow included "not using Savage" too there, then ok. Katana NIN using :Ten would still give Naegling WAR a run for its money tho.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-22 19:03:58
Link | Citer | R

I think you sometimes read way too much into things and then go off on rants that are completely off topic.

My point wasn't that Savage Blade WAR was near Torcleaver DRK or Hybrid SAM/NIN, because that wasn't the comparison I was making. Even if WAR is VERY FAR away from the latter 3 examples, then that means BST is even FURTHER away, which was what I was getting at. BST isn't going to compete with a WAR > much less a Torc DRK > much less a hybrid-using NIN/SAM (you could read it in that way if you want). Instead you chose to read it "...Savage WAR/DRK/NIN/SAM" <--- so you think WAR is close to the other 3? That is truly annoying and really had nothing to do with the point about BST, but you really just wanted to correct information on DD hierarchy. Ok.

SimonSes said: »
Another heresy, this would imply Savage NIN is somewhere on the bottom, just above BRD and PUP? Savage NIN is almost top DD, FAR above Naegling WAR (at least assuming accuracy with TP bonus katana offhand isnt a problem and you are getting decent attack buffs). Unless my not using hybrids you somehow included "not using Savage" too there, then ok. Katana NIN using :Ten would still give Naegling WAR a run for its money tho.

Literally did it again. I am basically giving a general layout of where BST could hope to land in an offensive pecking order from a DPS perspective, I used NIN as a way to say BST wouldn't be better than NIN, and outside of Hybrid WS, NIN does fall behind. Of course, you took that to say "yeah but Savage Blade Ninja!!!!!!" -_-;;;; I wasn't saying "Max NIN is going to be just above BRD or PUP", lol. Really, why do you do this all of the time? Just like it drives you mad when people compare savage blade WAR to torc drk (rolls eyes so far out of my head), its super annoying when you go off on an unrelated tangent that has really not much to do with the general context, but you do it to prove a point or correct someone.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-12-23 09:36:55
Link | Citer | R

Its not unrelated, you try to position BST among other DDs, which is imo a fail anyway, because game is too conditional at this point, but you also do it without details (like using % for example), so it can mean something completely different for everyone. Without those forced comparisons your post would be way better and wouldnt lose anything.

With that being said, BST is a lot of fun. Yes it can DD; Killer Instinct is an insane buff, where applicable. The problem is, in something like Segment farming, you can't utilize its full potential, because Bestiary types change too often to benefit from it. Axe WS like Mistral Axe and Doli Decimation are behind Savage Blade, but still put up competitive damage.

Being able to switch out pets on the fly is also a nifty use, especially with Odyssey Gaol fights where more people may be open to auxiliary jobs to round out a group in multi-phone runs. I kind of put BST in the same category as SMN now, and not just because they both are pet jobs. They are both underutilized jobs that have a ton of utility and can fit into practically every team comp, but too many people are not aware of what they can do, so they just ignore its contribution altogether. I wouldn't let that discourage you though. The job is a ton of fun and, when played right, benefits the entire group in some way. It just doesn't currently get picked first for kickball until all of the cool kids are either unavailable or you need a couple of tricks to outsmart the opposition xD
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-23 13:13:30
Link | Citer | R

If you were reading, the OP positioned BST against other DDs in his original question to try to get a feel for how BST performs. All this talk about conditions and details about other DDs is a non related lateral topic, I was simply answering his questions by placing the other DDs he mentioned in a relationship to BST. I wasn't intending to have an entire discussion about top DD performance in A BST thread. You are derailing another thread into off topics that aren't really the primary focus of the discussion.

Why don't we get back on topic and you can answer the guy's question about BST instead of being persnickety and having a conversation with me with ***I don't really care about?
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-12-24 04:48:34
Link | Citer | R

If you were reading, the OP positioned BST against other DDs in his original question to try to get a feel for how BST performs.

Not really, he just asked about Master Level priority and he happened to have some DD jobs there. Unless his Master Job priority is also somehow his tier list of best DD, but he didnt say anything about that.

He asked if BST can keep up with "everyone else". Which is super wide question and answering it other than in general would require to write an essay.

I don't need to write the answer, because I think Nariont answered him very well and I'm not gonna write the same, but thanks for reminding me to upvote his answers.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2022-12-24 19:07:05
Link | Citer | R

I've been reviewing my tp sets on bst partially in reflection of R30 Gleti's, but also for dual wield.

I think it makes alot of sense to use a dual wield Artio's mantle for bst/dnc tp set especially. Really could use it for /dnc or /nin.

ItemSet 389127

Artio's with DW +9

With Triple attack 5% on the legs and DA 10 on the Body, the Gleti set matches the tp building potential of Malignance pieces in those slots. Counting the Regain, it should surpass it. However, there is a nice boost to attack and Subtle Blow 15 in legs slot is very welcome as well.

I consider swapping in the Hands also, but they are 4 store tp less than Malignance.

Defensively Gleti set is better in some ways and worse than others compared to Malignance. So situational, but the added attack, pdl, crit rate and multi-attack should be a significant improvement to white damage on bst. It also gives some pet bonuses which Malignance has none.

The R30 path is arduous, but its a noticeable upgrade as well.

The headpiece with counter and regen is very welcome to the counter build (bringing easy counter rate up to 70 and regen up to 19 in counter set).

The r30 upgrade actually makes this 2/5 ~ 3/5 of a really great tp set.

Regarding dual wield... I keep arguing w/ myself about Gerdr belt +1... cuz its expensive and I'm poor... but also because its such a... minimal improvement. Hitting +9DW for /dnc tp set is rather inconvenient without it. It always sacrifices too much benefit in other slots.

Easy slot would be taeon feet. I have 9% there... but I don't like all tradeoffs from losing malignance boots, or my 12 stp valorous.
After a few comparisons of dual wield gear, I think the most effective place to swap it is actually the back piece.

You traide 10 stp or 10 DA for 9 or 10 dw in back slot, but you can keep all the dex and acc from artio's mantle and defensive bonuses.. so you only lose the stp bonus.

WHICH is EASILY made up for with Windbuffet belt +1 or Sailfi belt +1. Then we still get the earring slot back for dedition earring or Sroda earring, or Telos earring. All fantastic options for building tp.
I didn't like the idea of using an ambuscade mantle for dual wield, but when comparing the numbers, I think its the best place to put it.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-12-24 19:25:08
Link | Citer | R

Think you are correct that cape's your best option, its that or boots, otherwise you're giving up 2 slots to cap DW, technically still are with /dnc unless you keep samba running in which case id run with taeon boots and cape, think keeping the accessory slots open are more important.
 Asura.Pusheen
Serveur: Asura
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Pusheen 2022-12-25 06:13:22
Link | Citer | R

This set only has 21% haste from gear. Not sure if this was intentional or and oversight. Sailfi+1 might be the best choice here.

Honesty I stopped subbing dnc on everything quiet a while ago and started using DW+10 capes and sub NIN on most jobs and content.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-12-25 09:59:35
Link | Citer | R

Same, only time i sub dnc is when i know ill need to na a trust or need a stun

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2022-12-25 20:08:26
Link | Citer | R

Skillchain bonus 2, full Nyame path B, and Augmented Agwu's axe in offhand. =>>> Capped Skillchain Bonus 50%

Swooping Frenzy > Primal Rend >> Gravitation

does bst need attack buffs?
By Creecreelo 2022-12-25 21:16:41
Link | Citer | R

I haven't done it yet, but I think if I were doing something a bit more fast-paced with others like Ody C farm, I'd sub Nin.

But otherwise I really enjoy subbing Dnc for general stuff, planting a Box step after ordering your pet to do a debuffing ready that preps SC (Swooping/Rhinowrecker/TortStomp/etc) feels pretty nice, bumping up that Def% penalty further immediately into a WS. Or like with Ooze to really push that Def% even further for other DDs. Some DDs love that Haste Samba too.

Eventually having FMs to use like Building Flourish or RF seems nice too. Can't wait to eventually have Choco Jig (it'll be a bit tho for me x_x).
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2022-12-26 07:55:40
Link | Citer | R

Chocobo Jig from /dnc is really nice. Especially for Solo Sortie runs.

+18% Movement speed from Skadi's Jambeux +1, 2% from Jumbo Cactuar Cheer, +20% from Chocobo Jig means you fly where you want to be.

yes, if you are in a full party with full support, killing stuff asap /nin will be fewer inputs. but aside from that /dnc has much more to offer.
[+]
 Odin.Aurelius
Serveur: Odin
user: Aure9700
By Odin.Aurelius 2022-12-26 12:49:27
Link | Citer | R

Are the Skadi's Jambeaux pieces relatively easy to solo? I left before Salvage was out and came back after it was only used for Mythic clears and farming Alex.
By Nariont 2022-12-26 12:54:41
Link | Citer | R

Yeah they're easy, just gotta deal with the RNG factor of drops
 Asura.Aller
user: AsAller
By Asura.Aller 2022-12-26 18:23:04
Link | Citer | R

I have been farming the feet in salvage 2.0 to upgrade to the +1 Skadi's and it has been a slog, maybe you will get lucky and get on first run.

first part was much faster for me
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-12-27 01:45:28
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Chocobo Jig from /dnc is really nice. Especially for Solo Sortie runs.
It's nice for sure but 2 mins duration with 1 min recast it pretty much means you'll have to rely on oils/powders for invi and sneak.
I know for someone this is not a problem at all but personally it annoys me to no end. Not just for the fact I have to bring consumables in my inventory but even more because of the 12 stack limitation.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2022-12-28 13:41:17
Link | Citer | R

Oshasha's treatise is always BiS for Primal Rend and Cloudsplitter as far as I can see. Having 3% WSD trumps 4 MAB in max set... and anything lower really, cuz all other sets have less WSD, not more.
 Asura.Duskbane
user: Pepino
By Asura.Duskbane 2022-12-28 15:35:25
Link | Citer | R

Hello Fellow tamers,

I've been working hard on getting this set up to speed for Bumba RP farming. Give my MAB = 112 & M.Acc = 127 + Grape Daifuku + Aymur/Agwu.
Will my Ooze even land?
Code
	sets.midcast.Pet.MabReady = set_combine(sets.midcast.Pet.WS, {
    ammo="Voluspa Tathlum",
    head={ name="Valorous Mask", augments={'Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+30','Pet: INT+10',}},
    body={ name="Acro Surcoat", augments={'Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+23','Pet: Damage taken -4%',}},
    hands="Nyame Gauntlets",
    legs={ name="Valorous Hose", augments={'Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+27','Pet: "Dbl.Atk."+3 Pet: Crit.hit rate +3','Pet: VIT+6','Pet: Accuracy+13 Pet: Rng. Acc.+13',}},
    feet={ name="Acro Leggings", augments={'Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+24','"Call Beast" ability delay -4','Pet: Damage taken -4%',}},
    neck={ name="Bst. Collar +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
    waist="Incarnation Sash",
    left_ear="Hija Earring",
    right_ear={ name="Sapphire Earring", augments={'STR+1','Pet: Mag. Acc.+1',}},
    left_ring="Fenrir Ring +1",
    right_ring="Tali'ah Ring",
    back={ name="Artio's Mantle", augments={'Pet: M.Acc.+20 Pet: M.Dmg.+20','Pet: Magic Damage+10','Pet: Damage taken -3%',}},
})

edit: Dont laugh at my saphire earring, that damn chest wont give me the diamond one.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2022-12-28 16:06:51
Link | Citer | R

I am assuming you are talking about Purulent Ooze, because Corrosive Ooze is 100% proc.

You don't need pet MAB to land Purulent Ooze, though it increases the damage. You need Pet Magic Accuracy. I think you need to add ALOT to it.
If you are farming Bumba, and already have the V0 clear, then the Un-augmented Nyame set is a great set to use. +50 Pet Macc per piece. If you have Nukumi armor +2/3 that is better. The only thing better than +3 Nukumi is Path D Nyame. Tali'ah gear is a legitimate Alternative, as is Gleti's.

Fenrir Ring is doing nothing for you. Cath Palug Ring would be best to pair with Tali'ah Ring for pet Macc.

There are several options for pet magic accuracy earrings now also. Enmerkar and Kyrene's and Augmented Handler's earring +1 are the best at +15 Pet Macc each. Crepuscular earring is also good, but harder to get and not as good for pet macc as above options.

If you are focused on landing the effects from ooze, then you want to swap out all those pet mab pieces for pet macc pieces.

I think you will have a hard time landing Purulent Ooze with that set.
[+]
 Asura.Duskbane
By Asura.Duskbane 2022-12-28 17:27:10
Link | Citer | R

Thank you for this, Ill have to make adjustments.
 Asura.Duskbane
By Asura.Duskbane 2022-12-30 22:58:20
Link | Citer | R

Code
    main={ name="Kumbhakarna", augments={'Pet: Mag. Acc.+15',}},
    sub="Agwu's Axe",
    ammo="Voluspa Tathlum",
    head="Gleti's Mask",
    body="Gleti's Cuirass",
    hands="Gleti's Gauntlets",
    legs="Gleti's Breeches",
    feet="Gleti's Boots",
    left_ear="Hija Earring",
    right_ear="Kyrene's Earring",
    back={ name="Artio's Mantle", augments={'Pet: M.Acc.+20 Pet: M.Dmg.+20','Pet: Magic Damage+10','Pet: Damage taken -3%',}},
}

made some adjustments.
Should I be using Aymur + Agwu or Aytmur and Kumbhakarna?
[+]
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2022-12-30 23:48:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Duskbane said: »
Code
    sub="Agwu's Axe",
    ammo="Voluspa Tathlum",
    head="Gleti's Mask",
    body="Gleti's Cuirass",
    legs="Gleti's Breeches",
    feet="Gleti's Boots",
    left_ear="Hija Earring",
}

made some adjustments.

For bumba RP (I think thats what your after?) you wont have subjob? (dw) so I belives its whichever has most pet macc.?

Side note, not up to bumba rp here yet, but I always forget about Run Wild when using ooze on lower tier nms. Its a huge boost.
By Nariont 2022-12-31 01:39:07
Link | Citer | R

Aymur does nothing for ooze landing, Agwu's your best option
[+]
By Minaras84 2023-01-01 03:42:22
Link | Citer | R

I havent got a pet m.accu set myself, but im pretty sure run wild + unaugmented nyame is enough to land Purulent Ooze
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-01-01 20:12:47
Link | Citer | R

Code
    sub="Agwu's Axe",
    ammo="Voluspa Tathlum",
    head="Gleti's Mask",
    body="Gleti's Cuirass",
    legs="Gleti's Breeches",
    feet="Gleti's Boots",
    left_ear="Hija Earring",
}

made some adjustments.

Your set is looking much better. This I think will work.
It was already said by others to use Agwu's axe.
You only missing 1 piece, but you are now in great shape.

Remember Familiar and Run Wild and Unleash help you out alot also.
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2023-01-01 22:22:52
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Code
    sub="Agwu's Axe",
    ammo="Voluspa Tathlum",
    head="Gleti's Mask",
    body="Gleti's Cuirass",
    legs="Gleti's Breeches",
    feet="Gleti's Boots",
    left_ear="Hija Earring",
}

made some adjustments.

Your set is looking much better. This I think will work.
It was already said by others to use Agwu's axe.
You only missing 1 piece, but you are now in great shape.

Remember Familiar and Run Wild and Unleash help you out alot also.

A friendly reminder to actually engage on your main along with the pet to trigger Tandem Strike as well, in case peeps are unaware, that also grants bonus pet macc.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 157 158 159 ... 178 179 180