Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 137 138 139 ... 175 176 177
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2021-10-03 19:53:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
I fail to see how they're the same. One gives TP drain based on a percent of what the foe has (based on pet TP), while the other gives a flat number of TP drained (based on pet TP).

Even if you assume it's percentage based and the chart's testing was done at a fixed mob TP, missing that detail, the results don't line up for any possible mob TP test value.

Here's some context for the graph, if that helps.

When you add the Fencer bonus, it works out for a target with 3000 TP.

1500 TP (+500 TP): 75% (2250 TP Drained from target)
2000 TP (+500 TP): 87.5% (2625 TP Drained from target)
2500 TP+ (+500 TP): TP: 100% TP Drained

Sorry for the confusion.
[+]
 Asura.Beanen
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Beanen 2021-10-14 11:39:45
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone R20 the Nyame gear yet with Path B(WSD) and tried it yet with BST?
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-10-14 12:15:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Beanen said: »
Has anyone R20 the Nyame gear yet with Path B(WSD) and tried it yet with BST?

Yes.
[+]
 Asura.Viska
By Asura.Viska 2021-10-14 12:21:58
Link | Citer | R

And?
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-10-14 12:53:18
Link | Citer | R

For Primal Rend and Cloudsplitter it is amazing. Prior to Nyame our best option was DM-augmented Valorous gear, so being able to roll out a set of gear with 8-10 WSD/30MAB/40MACC is absolutely fantastic. That has been the biggest thing to me so far, having R15 Aymur and Farsha and now having a set of gear that while it's not perfect due to some lower base stats still works very well for these WS. I was able to get rid of a lot of janky Valorous gear and free up valuable inventory space.

I have only had my Nyame R20 for a couple of days so I haven't really tried it with Mistral Axe/Calamity, and certainly not in party with full buffs yet. I'm kind of struggling to see how the fit will be between WSD+10 JSE, Nyame path B, and Gleti's gear with PDL for our job. Probably need to split into attack capped and uncapped toggles in Gearswap.
[+]
 Asura.Beanen
By Asura.Beanen 2021-10-14 13:10:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sirris said: »
For Primal Rend and Cloudsplitter it is amazing. Prior to Nyame our best option was DM-augmented Valorous gear, so being able to roll out a set of gear with 8-10 WSD/30MAB/40MACC is absolutely fantastic. That has been the biggest thing to me so far, having R15 Aymur and Farsha and now having a set of gear that while it's not perfect due to some lower base stats still works very well for these WS. I was able to get rid of a lot of janky Valorous gear and free up valuable inventory space.

I have only had my Nyame R20 for a couple of days so I haven't really tried it with Mistral Axe/Calamity, and certainly not in party with full buffs yet. I'm kind of struggling to see how the fit will be between WSD+10 JSE, Nyame path B, and Gleti's gear with PDL for our job. Probably need to split into attack capped and uncapped toggles in Gearswap.
Would love to see some numbers/situations with this!
 Shiva.Flowen
Serveur: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2021-10-16 18:51:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Beanen said: »
Asura.Sirris said: »

Would love to see some numbers/situations with this!

Just did a quick and dirty test using my old set vs 5/5 R20 Nyame B for Cloudsplitter. With malaise acumen 3k tp, old set did 46k, 5/5 nyame (and same everything else) did 67.5k. Primal was 67k or so. So yeah, 5/5 Nyame B is a massive boost to these ws. Worth noting I wasnt using farsha or aymur either. A R15 Mythic user should be able to 99k primal rend with geo buffs and full r20 Nyame.
[+]
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-10-16 23:13:22
Link | Citer | R

Tried it before on crom dubh with r15 aymur and 5/5 r20, weatherspoon+1, got 99k a couple of times, had to bolster for it though
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
Serveur: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2021-10-17 21:05:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aburaage said: »
Tried it before on crom dubh with r15 aymur and 5/5 r20, weatherspoon+1, got 99k a couple of times, had to bolster for it though

Very nice. Were you using orpheus sash as well? that should be the only other significant boost not mentioned
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-10-18 04:17:52
Link | Citer | R

Yeah i was
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-10-19 14:41:24
Link | Citer | R

How's Guttler these days, especially with the Atk+ aftermath maybe being a bit more meaningful due to PDL+ on Gleti's set (and Malignance, for that matter)? I feel like I kinda want to make one just due to relic prices being so cheap, and it could be fun to play around with. But if it never beats Doli, then IDK maybe not worth doing.

FWIW, I don't have any BST RMEA now and won't be getting any of the others any time soon, I pretty much fulltime Dolichenus now outside of pet-only situations. Not a super-pro BST, but I have 2100jp and very solid gear (pretty much everything relevant aside from augments on Odyssey gear and RMEA weapon), and find it fun sometimes to pull BST out for pet debuffs while also being able to mix it up a little with an axe.
By Nariont 2021-10-19 14:46:37
Link | Citer | R

Someone else can correct me but feel like onslaught is just not in a great place compared to just spamming deci or using PR/CS where magic is viable
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-10-21 16:20:47
Link | Citer | R

Made a Guttler lol, now working on trials and I'll prob go ahead and R15 it. I never claimed to always have good judgment!

I'm mostly interested in playing around with it as a "just for fun" project, but I suspect results might not be quite as bad as the general reputation... A few points in Guttler's favor:

1) Atk+10% aftermath can actually be more meaningful in the current age of having good PDL+ options, particularly Gleti's set (with a lot of extra atk+ on it, unlike Malignance) & JSE neck. Certainly can't always cap attack, but for me I could see it happening - including when dualboxing with trusts, getting some buffs from my BRD COR GEO alt, and buffs/debuffs from pets (Corrosive Ooze, Swooping Frenzy, Rage, Frenzied Rage, etc...)

2) Augment is a pretty big enhancement to Onslaught, and maybe hasn't been given quite enough credit to making that a competitive WS option (especially if people are basing any assumptions or relying on testing or generally accepted opinions from non-R15 weapon). I'm very familiar with NIN and Kikoku - which clearly lagged behind other top choices pre-augments (and got a lot of people into the habit of assuming Blade: Metsu was a little insufficient in the damage department), but R15 was a real game changer and now R15 Kikoku is widely accepted as being able to hang right there with the best katana options in many situations. Kikoku/Metsu & Guttler/Onslaught feel awfully similar with same Atk+10% AM, Relic WS damage +20% aug (total 68% bonus at R15), single-hit DEX mod WS without benefit from TP overflow, good SC properties...

3) A nice BST self-Darkness SC option with a physical WS is neat to see. Or, with a pet can do a nice 3-step double darkness with Onslaught -> Ready move -> Onslaught. TBH, I suspect that in some situations the addition of more SC damage may result in better overall DPS than just spamming stronger Decimations with Doli. Yeah, you could do Deci -> Cloudsplitter light... but that doesn't always work well on light/magic resistant mobs.

4) It's clearly not Aymur, but it's nice to see some pet offensive boosts through AM affecting pet and the token pet DA+5% from augment. Kinda bums me out that Empy/Aeonic/Ambu weapons do nothing at all for the pet. I doubt it's any real game changer, but if you can get a Guttler build somewhat competitive with Doli/Decimation build, might provide enough of a boost to give it a little edge? If using a physical pet, Gleti's TP set + JSE Neck + Relic AM + Agwu's Axe offhand at least does more for pet supplemental damage than something like, say, a Doli + Malignance TP set.

5) It's a sentient axe with an unquenchable thirst for blood. That's a major win for best lore.

Anyway, Doli might still just be too strong to beat and I'm fully aware it may be futile to try to make Guttler compete. And I have no illusions that it's likely an expensive way to make what is somewhat of an alternative to a "free" ambuscade weapon. But I don't mind messing with it to see for myself what it can do. Gonna test it out and compare the two a bit once I finish trials/upgrades, will report back! If anyone else has some more recent Guttler experience (even if it's disappointing LOL), I'd be interested to hear about it.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-10-21 18:35:24
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
2) Augment is a pretty big enhancement to Onslaught, and maybe hasn't been given quite enough credit to making that a competitive WS option (especially if people are basing any assumptions or relying on testing or generally accepted opinions from non-R15 weapon). I'm very familiar with NIN and Kikoku - which clearly lagged behind other top choices pre-augments (and got a lot of people into the habit of assuming Blade: Metsu was a little insufficient in the damage department), but R15 was a real game changer and now R15 Kikoku is widely accepted as being able to hang right there with the best katana options in many situations. Kikoku/Metsu & Guttler/Onslaught feel awfully similar with same Atk+10% AM, Relic WS damage +20% aug (total 68% bonus at R15), single-hit DEX mod WS without benefit from TP overflow, good SC properties...

The situation of Kikoku and other katanas builds and Guttler and other axe builds is nothing even close.

Metsu and Onslaught might share same WSC, aftermath and being 1hit, but they don't share fTP . Metsu is 5.0 and Onslaught is 2.75, which means Onslaught is literally 81% weaker.

Kikoku also can be competitive, because other Katana builds beside hybrid (when they work) are weaker. Nagi/Kamu is crap (only being good for crazy uncapped attack), Kannagi/Hi is slightly less crap and Heishi/Shun is somewhere between. Ambu katana is quite strong, but nothing close to Doli.

Ofc when playing solo/duo and being attack uncapped Guttler will suck a little less. As for SC with Doli you can do Decimation>SmashAxe>Decimation>Decimation for 4 step light or just SmashAxe>Decimation>Decimation for 3step light. If you do it with pet, use Raaz and replace Smash axe with Sweeping Gouge. I would say those are very strong SC options for Doli.
[+]
By Gaigin 2021-10-26 22:41:11
Link | Citer | R

Hey all,

Has anyone been testing out the Counter build outlined in Ruamoko's BST video? Fighting anything that's a lizard for killer instinct, 65% counter, some guard and the right gear, seems like we could solo a heck of a lot.

Even if killer instinct is not helpful since we're locked into using a Beast pet for this, still seems amazing. Any first hand account(ers)?
By SimonSes 2021-10-27 05:06:58
Link | Citer | R

Gaigin said: »
Hey all,

Has anyone been testing out the Counter build outlined in Ruamoko's BST video? Fighting anything that's a lizard for killer instinct, 65% counter, some guard and the right gear, seems like we could solo a heck of a lot.

Even if killer instinct is not helpful since we're locked into using a Beast pet for this, still seems amazing. Any first hand account(ers)?

What do you want to solo? You question is too wide. Being able to counter can greatly help or be completely useless.
By shamgi 2021-11-02 11:08:06
Link | Citer | R

Hey all,

Not exactly a solo, since when I tried without buffs he'd get a little crazy, but this is relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkY9eRCQSbM
[+]
By Gaigin 2021-11-03 20:16:10
Link | Citer | R

shamgi said: »
Not exactly a solo, since when I tried without buffs he'd get a little crazy, but this is relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkY9eRCQSbM

Hey Shamgi,

First of all, thank you so much and that was amazing! Thanks for the youtube, was that Adapa shield? Thats exactly what I was wondering, how does it play out for a challanging foe. Thanks so much!

Second, SimonSes. WTF is wrong with you? There is a track record of you being contrary throughout the forums. Challanging and correcting semantics instead of contributing. Shamgi was answering the question I had. "Has anyone tried this?" That was the whole story.

Seriously piss off with your negative garbage.
By Bazing 2021-11-03 22:06:53
Link | Citer | R

Simon has provided more facts and exact data for this forum than nearly anyone has, ever. Your original post was indeed very vague so his question has merit. I still don't know if you wanted info on BST Counter build or BST vs Lizard with KI info tbh.
"Piss off with your negative garbage" as a reaction when all he did was ask to explain your request in more detail? Okay.
[+]
By Gaigin 2021-11-03 23:43:17
Link | Citer | R

Bazing said: »
Your original post was indeed very vague so his question has merit. I still don't know if you wanted info on BST Counter build or BST vs Lizard with KI info tbh.

The question was 'Has anyone tried what Rua did?' I perhaps wrongly assumed that people in the BST forum watched Rua's YouTube of him tanking Maju with a counter build.

Since it is a counter build centered around using Zealous Snort I don't know how it would make things unclear to mention KI VS lizards since that's best case scenario to have +damage and - PDT VS lizards with your beast pet on top of counter. Such as Maju. I have only asked a couple of things and I have had dismissive or corrective answers from Simon now more then once. Apologies for over reacting.
By SimonSes 2021-11-04 03:13:39
Link | Citer | R

Seriously piss off with your negative garbage.

It wasnt negativity at all. Just a question.

The question was 'Has anyone tried what Rua did?' I perhaps wrongly assumed that people in the BST forum watched Rua's YouTube of him tanking Maju with a counter build.
Fighting anything that's a lizard for killer instinct, 65% counter, some guard and the right gear, seems like we could solo a heck of a lot.

You clearly meant counter build for more than just a Maju, that's why I asked what you want to solo exactly. There is not much mobs where biggest treat is their melee damage. It's usually something that has Hundred Fists or super strong enspell effect. For most mobs where biggest treat are TP moves, you probably will have more success with subtleblow/DT build, since BST can push subtle blow really far. Raaz is also not the only way to get counter build on BST. You can also /mnk and use Counterstance for even better counter rate and use pet with Def bonus to offset -50% def from that Job ability. With /MNK you can probably mix counter, DT and subtle blow pretty well too and it also let you use other pet family for Killer Instinct.

I perhaps wrongly assumed that people in the BST forum watched Rua's YouTube of him tanking Maju with a counter build.

If you assume such things, it's kinda weird you havent watched Shamgi video, which is nothing new. He posted that long time ago and it has "BST counter" in title, so also easy to search on youtube. Not to mention there was whole discussion followed him posting it here:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/45830/killer-instinct-the-beastmaster-compendium/122/#3551866
[+]
By Gaigin 2021-11-04 08:58:19
Link | Citer | R

Ok then,
SimonSes said: »
It wasnt negativity at all. Just a question.
A question would be something along the lines of; "Sorry, I am not sure what you mean, could you clarify?" Claiming the lack of validity of my question by saying its too wide is a negative statement. And the real point is, my question from the start was; have you tried using a counter build. If not, I suppose I am asking for answers from someone who has. If yes, please share your success or lack thereof. What you are using it on, from Leaping Lizard to Bumba is immaterial.

you probably will have more success with subtleblow/DT build, since BST can push subtle blow really far.
This is more of what I am saying about the, in my opinion, condescending tone of your posts. I asked if anyone has used counter. Correcting me to see how my question is wrong headed because something is better doesn't really help. I am not asking which spreadsheet to parse min/max data for the best way to tri box Shinryu. I am asking if anyone has played with counter, because it looks fun. Remember fun?

Raaz is also not the only way to get counter build on BST. You can also /mnk and use Counterstance for even better counter rate and use pet with Def bonus to offset -50% def from that Job ability. With /MNK you can probably mix counter, DT and subtle blow pretty well too and it also let you use other pet family for Killer Instinct.
This is a fantastic, informative and on-point answer when extracted from the rest. Thank you.

If you assume such things, it's kinda weird you havent watched Shamgi video
Not very weird considering I referenced the source material my question was based on within that same post. Not very weird considering searching for BST and Counter will get your Shamgi's video and not Rua's, because content of interest is often a highlight in a video, not the entire point of the video. Also not very weird because questions on forums are posted every day by people that have not been on forum for decades. Exhaustive internet searches might yeild fruit on a subject, but anecdotal evidence like I asked for comes from people.

The anxiety ridden calculator in your avatar may be demonstrative of our very different viewpoints. I am asking people what fun they expireienced. You may only see things as worth doing or not worth doing based on best practice. Either way, my negative reaction was not warranted and I apologise.
By SimonSes 2021-11-04 09:17:26
Link | Citer | R

This is more of what I am saying about the, in my opinion, condescending tone of your posts. I asked if anyone has used counter. Correcting me to see how my question is wrong headed because something is better doesn't really help. I am not asking which spreadsheet to parse min/max data for the best way to tri box Shinryu. I am asking if anyone has played with counter, because it looks fun. Remember fun?

Oh I remember fun. I use Ukonvasara for high crits all the time, because I like big white damage crits, not because its most effective and I point that out a lot. You question wasn't at all constructed as something chasing fun.

Fighting anything that's a lizard for killer instinct, 65% counter, some guard and the right gear, seems like we could solo a heck of a lot.

I might misunderstood, but I find this question asking about effectiveness of counter build, not fun provided with it.

If I understood your question as "asking for effectiveness" then logically I asked and pointed out at the same time, that effectiveness of counter will vary a lot and you need to be more specific. It's also a reason why I suggested SB/DT when TP move is biggest treat (there was IF there too, its not replacement for counter build, its alternative for different monsters), so you can "solo a heck of a lot."

So again, don't attack people if they don't understand your intention. There was no words like "Is this build fun?" or "Do you feel this build satisfying to play?". If that was your intention than it definitely wasnt clear.

Exhaustive internet searches might yeild fruit on a subject, but anecdotal evidence like I asked for comes from people.

Those anecdotal evidence were on the forum tho. At page I linked. when I try to search ffxiah forum for something I do it with google. To find that in 5 sec I typed "ffxiah bst counter".

The anxiety ridden calculator in your avatar may be demonstrative of our very different viewpoints. I am asking people what fun they expireienced. You may only see things as worth doing or not worth doing based on best practice.

Again, you may wanted to ask that, but you haven't asked that and believe me I wouldn't post anything if the question would be clear (unless I would maybe post that countering feels super cool on MNK and BLU, so BST should be no different).
[+]
By Mavrickx 2021-11-10 07:58:48
Link | Citer | R

Posted this is the general forums with regard to the recent Master Level Update.

Someone discovered that Automatons were getting bigger combat skill bonuses than players and I wanted to see if BST pets getting bigger bonuses too. I tested using my 2 characters with BST99 mastered. One character has Master lv 0, and the other character has Master Level 2.

Quote:
Beastmaster seems to be in a similar boat. I have 2 characters with BST mastered and here are my results.

Both characters called Pets with Relic Gloves, and Max Beast Affinity trait.
For those not familiar with BST, this forces pet to spawn at max level.

Equipment: Both completely naked except for Kaja Sword in main hand.

Pet: Generous Arthur Slug
Master Lv 0
Attack: 723
Accuracy: 960
Evasion: 772
Defense: 1394

Pet: Generous Arthur (Slug)
Master Level 2
Attack: 739
Accuracy: 981
Evasion: 793
Defense: 1398

Pet: BlackbeardRandy (Tiger)
Master Lv 0
Attack: 1442
Accuracy: 983
Evasion: 778
Defense: 961

Pet: BlackbeardRandy (Tiger)
Master Level 2
Attack: 1476
Accuracy: 1004
Evasion: 799
Defense: 964

So BST pets are definitely getting a considerable boost per master level.
By Gaigin 2021-11-10 08:58:00
Link | Citer | R

I am not sure if it's more reasonable to assume mastery level will cap at 50 or 99. 50 will get the sub job to 99...

Either way, given the huge pet stats bonus this will be fascinating. Assuming we had a level 99 sub job, I was thinking BST/BLU is a super strong contender.

Thoughts?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-10 09:04:40
Link | Citer | R

50 will get the sub job to 99...
No it won't?
By SimonSes 2021-11-10 09:11:27
Link | Citer | R

I am not sure if it's more reasonable to assume mastery level will cap at 50 or 99. 50 will get the sub job to 99...

Either way, given the huge pet stats bonus this will be fascinating. Assuming we had a level 99 sub job, I was thinking BST/BLU is a super strong contender.

Thoughts?

Its +1 cap lvl for SJ per 5 ML levels, not every ML level
By clearlyamule 2021-11-10 10:41:24
Link | Citer | R

Kind of curious if the pets with subjobs are gaining subjob levels too... maybe unlocking some traits somewhere
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-10 10:50:13
Link | Citer | R

Don't feel like looking it up, but what are some pets that have support jobs that have notable abilities/traits? Also, did Ilvl Weapons/Relic Gloves affect a pet's support job level, or only main level? This is the first I am hearing about a pet's "sub job level", as I wasn't aware it was set to any specific base level. I just assumed it was dual-job pets.

Clarify for me. Does a 119 pet have a level 59 sub job natively?
First Page 2 3 ... 137 138 139 ... 175 176 177