Serveur: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-18 12:58:18
Link | Citer | R

Eeek said:
Dubont said:
Eeek said:

Actually, I got to see my work computer's anti-virus software in action yesterday morning. Immediately upon loading this site, my anti-virus software popped up to inform me that it had detected and removed this virus.

even so, that wouldnt steal the login info. Trojans are just annoying...i still say get a Security token just to be safe....even though i dont have one....b/c im using all my money for college books and computer hardware atm

Are you sure about that? This trojan exploits Flash (among a host of other Adobe products apparently), and Flash exploits lead to all the account hacking hysteria of last year.

Eh i run 2 different antiviruses and iv never had a problem with this site...but somepage and even Alla are completely shut out from my computer even atlas at times. Also i thought the flash exploit thing was fixed already
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-08-18 13:02:34
Link | Citer | R

Vista UAC, Firefox, No Script, Ad-Block+, not running random exe's, behind a router firewall and no antivirus = no problems in ~2years.

I'll eat my words as soon as I get a virus =P
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-18 13:07:19
Link | Citer | R

Eeek said:

McAfee VirusScan Enterprise is what I have on my work computer.

Edit: I also use IE at work due to lack of better options. At home, I use Firefox with AdBlock and NoScript.

theres ur prob.... McAfee is full of fail. One of the worst antiviruses on the market right up there with lolNorton
 Asura.Eeek
Serveur: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-08-18 13:21:23
Link | Citer | R

Dubont said:
Eeek said:

McAfee VirusScan Enterprise is what I have on my work computer.

Edit: I also use IE at work due to lack of better options. At home, I use Firefox with AdBlock and NoScript.

theres ur prob.... McAfee is full of fail. One of the worst antiviruses on the market right up there with lolNorton

I think you missed the part where I mentioned that this is my work computer. I'm not an IT guy, and I'm not the guy hammering out contracts with major software companies for software licenses to cover thousands of computers. I don't have any say on what programs are installed on my computer, especially when it comes to programs like anti-virus software.
[+]
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-18 13:22:41
Link | Citer | R

eh maybe you should talk to ur boss...its what i did =D
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-08-18 13:26:02
Link | Citer | R

Dubont said:

I don't work for a small company, and my bosses have absolutely nothing to do with IT concerns or service contracts with software companies.
[+]
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-18 13:29:15
Link | Citer | R

Eeek said:
Dubont said:

I don't work for a small company, and my bosses have absolutely nothing to do with IT concerns or service contracts with software companies.

ooooooooook then talk to the people that do deal with that? idk..just get rid of mcafee at all costs XD but what do you use on ur own pc?
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-18 13:41:49
Link | Citer | R

Kuz said:

So stop being a gimp and drop the Shura Togi and Wear the damn HAUBY ON SAM!!!

oh...wait... wrong flame-thread.

Ramuh.Thunderz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-18 13:44:43
Link | Citer | R

Taintedone said:
Kuz said:

So stop being a gimp and drop the Shura Togi and Wear the damn HAUBY ON SAM!!!

oh...wait... wrong flame-thread.

wait

XD

lol
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-18 13:50:43
Link | Citer | R

TP shura
WS hauby
nuff said
back on topic
User submitted image
User submitted image
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-18 13:52:33
Link | Citer | R

I know he should soo buy that FFXI Guide its soo cool

and

Dubont said:
TP Hauby
WS hauby (or anything else)
nuff said
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-18 13:54:48
Link | Citer | R

I give up...never once have I posted anywhere that anyone SAM should TP in Shura. LMAO

Edit: back /ontopic, I agree with what's already been said, it sounds like you got a keylogger from some site and seriously doubt it was from this site or from the ls community site. A security token is the best way to keep this from happening in the future.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-08-18 13:56:27
Link | Citer | R

Dubont said:
Eeek said:
Dubont said:
Eeek said:

Actually, I got to see my work computer's anti-virus software in action yesterday morning. Immediately upon loading this site, my anti-virus software popped up to inform me that it had detected and removed this virus.

even so, that wouldnt steal the login info. Trojans are just annoying...i still say get a Security token just to be safe....even though i dont have one....b/c im using all my money for college books and computer hardware atm

Are you sure about that? This trojan exploits Flash (among a host of other Adobe products apparently), and Flash exploits lead to all the account hacking hysteria of last year.

Eh i run 2 different antiviruses and iv never had a problem with this site...but somepage and even Alla are completely shut out from my computer even atlas at times. Also i thought the flash exploit thing was fixed already

Yeah, Avast totally blocks Atlas before I can even connect to the site. I guess they're still full of nasty flash exploits. It's a shame too that somepage fell prey to malware hiding in their banners too, they had an awesome search function. Alas, they don't update anymore and it's host to all the nasty things you want to avoid like the plague.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-08-18 14:12:58
Link | Citer | R

There was a Flash update released a few days ago that fixed an exploit. You may want to look into that(and get a token).
 Siren.Kuz
Serveur: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-08-18 14:15:34
Link | Citer | R

Taintedone said:
I give up...never once have I posted anywhere that anyone SAM should TP in Shura. LMAO

Sorry, just trying to spice up the thread :)
only sooo many times you can say "Security Token" before it gets boring.
Just like how 8 pages worth of the Togi/Hauby thread was boring me to tears.

On the flip side...
I use a Togi on my SAM... so according to the flame-Thread... I Fail.
BUT..
I ALSO use a Security Token... so according to THIS thread I'm "Made of Win"

Go Me!!!!
[+]
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-18 14:18:38
Link | Citer | R

Kuz said:
Taintedone said:

On the flip side...
BUT..

Go Me!!!!

User submitted image
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-08-18 14:20:24
Link | Citer | R

Wouldn't that be in game fail, RL win? >.>
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-18 14:21:44
Link | Citer | R

Hypnotizd said:

User submitted image
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-08-18 14:29:12
Link | Citer | R

Hypnotizd said:

THIS I can live with.
So... yes.

Although... If I showed up to work in a homemade Hauby I made from scratch... would THAT be considered RL Win? or Fail?

Either way... sorry, done derailing this thread.
Please continue posting Security Token vs "I'll take my chances" debate.
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-18 14:30:14
Link | Citer | R

Kuz said:
Taintedone said:

On the flip side...
BUT..

Go Me!!!!

LMAO I know what you mean, I created the thread and expected it to be maybe one or two pages, but certainly not for it to become the behemoth that it did ><. I see plenty of SAMs walking around in Shura and have tried it myself on an occasion or two, though I still prefer Hauby over it. I was more of just curious as to if anyone had any data on it, but the thread got way out of hand lol. I'm not going to call anyone fail for using w/e gear they want to though, I figure they're paying for their ID, they can play it however they find most enjoyable for them.
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-08-18 14:34:22
Link | Citer | R

User submitted image
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-18 14:53:08
Link | Citer | R

any awesome free anti virus

I know random
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-08-18 14:57:34
Link | Citer | R

So yeah... Long story short keep yourself protected from the nasties on the internet via made-of-steel web browser condoms. The forums for FFXI windower has a nice sticky on ways to protect yourself, I'll post it here

Oh and it doesn't hurt to have a security token either. Great protection and 80 more potential slots via Mog Satchel ^^

I know it's $10, but look at it this way:
You can get lots of inven and secure your FFXI account instead of eating fast food or going out to see a movie that might be lame >.>
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-18 15:16:11
Link | Citer | R

thx downloading all that stuff and cleaning up my pc
 Phoenix.Jile
Serveur: Phoenix
user: JileFFXI
By Phoenix.Jile 2009-08-18 15:57:12
Link | Citer | R

Sorry to hear she got hacked and yes, it does come from this site though indirectly.

One of the advertisers using flash based adds nailed my wife's box pre-token because the flash ad uploaded her password file (which unfortunately, she was using the autosave password function) and all they did was paste it into their copy of XI and were effectively her, long enough to transfer all of her gil and most of her gear of value off of her character.

My advice to you. Get the token, do not use the autosave password function whatsoever until you use the token! Install firefox web browser and install a plugin called noscript.

-peace
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-18 16:11:09
Link | Citer | R

Thunderz said:
any awesome free anti virus

I know random

i use avast and AVG and my g/f uses AVG and Avira all of which are free and top notch compared to lolmcafee and failnorton
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-08-18 20:05:41
Link | Citer | R

Or, you could just use Opera as your web browser... Virus free for 7 years now. Of course, this could be the Apple vs PC argument. They simply don't target Opera because it's not very widely used. If that's the case, GTFO my web browser! :D

P.S. I also don't run any virus scan anymore. I like living on the edge. I still run bi-monthly checks with Trend Micro House Call online though. Still no infections in 7 years. Just be careful with what sites you go to, and stay away from questionable sites. Easiest way to stay STD free. Or umm, ITD free... wait, what are we talking about again?
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-18 20:08:32
Link | Citer | R

Norton works for me. >.>;
But I'm 360 so I really don't have to worry about FFXI sercurity, you'd have to hack a GT which to my knowledge is impossible unless you give someone your info.
 Alexander.Syxx
Serveur: Alexander
user: Stylesz
By Alexander.Syxx 2009-08-18 20:35:36
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Dubont said:
Eeek said:
Dubont said:
Eeek said:

even so, that wouldnt steal the login info. Trojan Condoms are just annoying...i still say get a Security token just to be safe....even though i dont have one....b/c im using all my money for college books and computer hardware atm

Yeah, Avast totally blocks Atlas before I can even connect to the site. I guess they're still full of nasty flash exploits. It's a shame too that somepage fell prey to malware hiding in their banners too, they had an awesome search function. Alas, they don't update anymore and it's host to all the nasty things you want to avoid like the plague.

can you find the fix? :O
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
Serveur: Bismarck
user: lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2009-08-18 21:41:51
Link | Citer | R

Jile said:
(which unfortunately, she was using the autosave password function)

that one of the worst mistake to do, i got my account hacked a few year ago bcuz i was usin autosave password n using the site of sompage.... When i got my account back i cleaned PC disable autosave password n no more sompage, been playing for ~3years now w/o trouble at all. And like artemicion, i got avast n it block everything before.