The Last Dance II: The Show Must Go On
First Page 2 3 ... 58 59 60 ... 80 81 82
 Leviathan.Katriina
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-09-22 01:34:38
Link | Citer | R

Building Flourish should always be used whenever it’s up with Evisceration in situations where TP overflow is way too high to justify saving it for RF.

And now more than ever with that “bug” going around.

Tested yesterday on Quetz and I got AVG WS at 1k of 21k with only [Sylvie + Box Step] in normal Evi Set.
I will switch to WS/DEX Set today and see how it goes.

Edit:
Switched to WSD/DEX set and went on Hurkan as well and:
ItemSet 361501
All Herc [15 DEX 4% WSD] Back [30 DEX 10% WSD]

Without Box Step:

With Box Step level 2....

With Box Step level 10...

Now imagine in capped situations!
 Asura.Splendid
Serveur: Asura
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2018-09-22 01:42:46
Link | Citer | R

A few screen grabs of Hurkan from tonight. No food. No Fury/Frailty. Using Terp/Twash, Maxixi +3, Horos +3, Lustratio +1 head and feet, Fotia Belt and Gorget, WSD +10% Ambuscade cape, Ishvara, Herc Vest +4% WSD. Can push more by eating food, Fury/Frailty, Bard buffs, Herc head and feet WSD pieces. Definitely can go over 50k with those pieces. TPed mob at just over 1000.

Bonus Kin: Fury, Frailty, Sublime, same WSD set as above.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-22 07:49:07
Link | Citer | R

I updated the Building Flourish information on BGwiki.

I suck with these things though, would apreciate if someone more competent could overview and fix what's not good enough.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-22 07:54:02
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
Building Flourish should always be used whenever it’s up with Evisceration in situations where TP overflow is way too high to justify saving it for RF.
Is it a real benefit though?
I mean sure Building Flourish has only 10 secs cooldown, and that's good, but will the boost it grants be bigger than the damage another WS would do? (Reverse Flourish).
Let's rule out SC damage for a second, it makes things too complicated (in favour of Reverse Flourish)

It's basically 5 FM every 30 seconds (Reverse Flourish) for exactely 2x the damage of your WS.

Or it's ~9 FMs every 30 seconds (Building Flourish x3) for an X% damage boost to your WS, three times.

This comes at the cost of 4 additional maneuvers being necessary, it's two steps, i.e. 2x 1sec ja delay blahblah lost.
Is it better? Comparable or worse than Just using WS a second time with Reverse Flourish?

Because personally I came to the conclusion that, most of the time, it's not worth it, especially for non-Terps users (slower FMs gain)
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-09-22 08:36:01
Link | Citer | R

Reason for using it over RF is right there in bold XD

Leviathan.Katriina said: »

I would assume you always go as Evi > Rudra > Rudra
thats 10-12s and BF is already up.
TP generation plays a major factor if youre capped in buffs... making RF less desirable overall, even if you want to [RF Clim]..in theory still manageable [BF Evi > Rudra [at 1250-1750TP] > RF> Clim Rudra]

If its up to me, I will BF instead of RF in capped situations.
By SimonSes 2018-09-22 08:58:44
Link | Citer | R

Will Rudra actually be better at 1000TP then BF Evisceration tho? I kinda doubt it. Especially in non capped attack situation. So wouldn't Rudra > Evis > Rudra be better?

On the other hand even at capped haste, RF can also be used at 1000TP to push you to 2000+ for closing Climatic Rudra.

EDIT: Actually with current bug/change to WSD you probably would want to do Evis > Pyrrhic > Rudra for highest damage skillchain combo.

Or Exentrator > Pyrrhic > Evis > Rudra, if you go for Umrba with Aeonic.
[+]
 Asura.Splendid
By Asura.Splendid 2018-09-22 10:44:04
Link | Citer | R

This morning. Same gear, buffs as above this time with Box Step x10. It’s really exciting to know that more is still possible with GEO/BRD buffs and more WSD gear. Thinking about changing my Aldoulin ring...

Leviathan.Sidra
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-09-22 11:17:15
Link | Citer | R

What are everyone's thoughts on offhand for Aeneas? I have been utilizing a Taming Sari, but am seriously considering switching to Polyhymnia. Given the lesser STR and DEX, I'd assume that probably increases our various weaponskill damage by 2-3% still. And 8 STP and Regain (with Saber), with lesser delay may lead to slightly faster TP.

I may have been doing it wrong this whole time anyway, but especially with the new changes I am seriously considering swapping.
[+]
 Asura.Splendid
By Asura.Splendid 2018-09-22 11:40:52
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn’t offhand Aeneas—-a lot of the mainhand benefits don’t carry over.

Edit: Grammar
 Leviathan.Sidra
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-09-22 11:45:52
Link | Citer | R

I am not....

I am mainhanding Aeneas, and asking about what to offhand.
By Rainemard 2018-09-22 12:59:14
Link | Citer | R

So with the new WSD changes, which may or may not stay, does it apply like I think it does? Just at the end of the WS formula? If not, can someone change in in spreadsheets in the way they think it works? I want to mess around with some setups but I have no idea how it works and I've been offline for a few days.
 Asura.Splendid
By Asura.Splendid 2018-09-22 13:05:20
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Sidra said: »
I am not....

My mistake. Make a Twashtar.
[+]
 Asura.Splendid
By Asura.Splendid 2018-09-22 13:07:58
Link | Citer | R

Either that or offhand the Sari...or you’ll be sorry. :3
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-09-22 13:24:22
Link | Citer | R

Rainemard said: »
So with the new WSD changes, which may or may not stay, does it apply like I think it does? Just at the end of the WS formula? If not, can someone change in in spreadsheets in the way they think it works? I want to mess around with some setups but I have no idea how it works and I've been offline for a few days.

I think it operates same as Mythic WS rules.
By Nariont 2018-09-22 13:34:07
Link | Citer | R

I am not....

Short of some great dm aug skinflayer nothings beating perf aug sari except twash, unless you need acc, which is where poly,s a nice choice
 Shiva.Zerkles
Serveur: Shiva
user: zerkles
By Shiva.Zerkles 2018-09-24 07:11:22
Link | Citer | R

Attempting to learn to use spreadsheet, hope its ok to ask questions here.

This is where im at, i've only filled in my TP set and was wondering about a few things

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RCYHh4EXZjJj9T3KMEBmQnhg_QRqiCfL/view?usp=sharing

Wondering about where the 27% def down value on the Set up page under mob target came from.

I am unable to get the correct mix of active songs to give similar values to Honor march (is there an honor march toggle?)

I dont have an idris personally and was using my mules frailty value of (base 14.8 + dunna 13.5) and input the value in as 28.3 is this correct?

Any other general things I may need to do before I can be confident about the numbers?

Thanks
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-09-24 08:54:21
Link | Citer | R

The 27% section you list is for user imputed def down the sheet doesn't have toggles for(there are a ton of them henc ewhy they were never added would take a lot space up). such as dia, full break, drg relic, blu spells, etc etc so just put what you think you will have.

28.3 would be correct for Dunna.

the sheet you linked to seems not to have honor added to it.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerkles
By Shiva.Zerkles 2018-09-24 09:33:27
Link | Citer | R

Thank you

I just picked that sheet up from the sticked one, is there a more update one now?
 Asura.Pusheen
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Pusheen 2018-09-24 16:36:01
Link | Citer | R

Just wanted to check and see what the consensus is on the SU5 dagger for DNC is Comparable to REMA weapons. Hot garbage?
By BlaTheTaru 2018-09-24 17:54:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Splendid said: »
I am not....

My mistake. Make a Twashtar.

This made me smile. Get to it Zerk.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-09-25 00:41:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Pusheen said: »
Just wanted to check and see what the consensus is on the SU5 dagger for DNC is Comparable to REMA weapons. Hot garbage?

From purely DPS point Outside "Centovente" in [Offhand + tons of acc buffs] and if you only sub SAM, it ranks 4th with Twashtar Offhand.

1-Terp/Twashtar
2-Twashtar/Taming
3-Aeneas/Twashtar
4-Setan B/Twashtar

Remember it really depends on your play style too and if [Airy Buckler or Centovente are used]

From utility standpoint its somewhat right after or next to Terp/Twashtar since it makes your steps cost 40 TP only and will cost zero if you dual wield another Setan.
 Asura.Pusheen
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Pusheen 2018-09-29 14:37:38
Link | Citer | R

I see the community guide saying Horos +3 body for PK, with the update and changes to wsd (assuming they hold) would'nt a Herc body with Stat+15 wsd4% be better? I have a Vest with DEX15 wsd4 and its only -5STR -4%TA in favor for +10 DEX +4#wsd +3stp -enmity. I think because PK pulls from 2 stats Lustratio head/feet are here to stay? Thanks.
By Rainemard 2018-09-30 16:27:48
Link | Citer | R

Don't forget the ridiculous amount of attack of Horos, in low-buff it'll definitely be better. High buff herc probably wins out? Not sure but you can try on spreadsheet.
 Shiva.Zerkles
By Shiva.Zerkles 2018-09-30 21:32:50
Link | Citer | R

I asked this earlier but, can anyone point me in the direction of a spreadsheet that includes honor march?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-01 01:17:37
Link | Citer | R

Out of curiosity why do you feel like you need Honor March that badly?

You can easily "simulate" it by using Advancing March and custom bonus line in the gear page btw.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerkles
By Shiva.Zerkles 2018-10-01 02:15:57
Link | Citer | R

Oh i didnt know that, ill have to look into it. Havent used sheets before. Thanks
 Bismarck.Issymo
Serveur: Bismarck
user: issymo
By Bismarck.Issymo 2018-10-01 03:08:27
Link | Citer | R

Not gear related but want to see if anyone else finds it difficult being able to go dnc to events? It’s often over looked. It’s actually heart breaking that people are ignorant about it.

Just wanted to get this off my chest as I have a feeling many dnc here are in the same situation even though we are geared to the teeth and very skilled.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-01 03:31:20
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Issymo said: »
Not gear related but want to see if anyone else finds it difficult being able to go dnc to events? It’s often over looked. It’s actually heart breaking that people are ignorant about it.

Just wanted to get this off my chest as I have a feeling many dnc here are in the same situation even though we are geared to the teeth and very skilled.

Uh, 17 out of the 22 jobs "have a hard time going to events". Not Tank Support or Healer don't even bother. *** dumb but that's this culture you let become the norm. Bed > lie in it.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-10-01 08:12:24
Link | Citer | R

It's a non-meta job, you'll have to do more advocating within your play group for them to feel comfortable with it.

Go beyond the simple argument of potential individual DPS. Highlight the party benefits of the job, and why a DNC would shine in the content you're preparing to do. Why would DNC make the run safer/efficient/faster?

And while we all want to play DNC as much as possible, avoid trying to shoehorn it into content/setups that aren't suited for it.

If you do both of those things, and back up your words in the field, you'll find that you'll quickly win a lot people over to the job.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 58 59 60 ... 80 81 82