Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-22 07:18:41
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
did you test AF+3 Hands vs Meghanada+2?

Greetings Sechs,
I just added Meg+2 to the sheet and got this for you (assuming BiS in other slots):

Capped:
With AF+3: 16170
With Meg+2:16005

Uncapped:
With AF+3: 12256
With Meg+2:12225
Thanks Kat, in line with my own results. Very marginal difference alas =/

Such a shame. I'd say if you're doing it to use it just for WS, it's probably not worth the gil and the time/effort, if you already have Meghanada+2.
This is even more true supposing one day we're gonna get Meghanada +3 (which is not to be taken for granted, but it's a possibility).

Of course AF+3 have other uses as well, like it's incredibly good for Steps, but still, I'm a bit disappointed.
Guess the difference was of course much bigger when only Meghanada+1 were around.
By Zyx1337 2018-05-22 18:58:03
Link | Citer | R

Zyx1337 said: »
I guess what I'm asking is what do you prefer to sub when you're trying to bring the damage with Terp mainhand? (considering building Twashtar)
Greetings Z,
If you're using Terp in main then its much better to sub SAM or even WAR (leaning towards WAR) than THF since the idea of /THF came to be before relic upgrades for Twashtar and/or Aeneas main hand Rudra Spam, with that you can basically increase the amount of forced critical rudras if you spaced out SA/Clim timers during fight window with the intention to use (trance+grand pas) to finish things off.

I personally use a macro to switch only feet when I go to SA Rudra if that helps.
Subbing THF is perfect for Erinys and Worm for obvious reasons.

If in our group we plan on DNC setup we go with the intention to use forced critical rudras and we also maintain the sc cycle going for maximum damage possible.
We leave (trance+grand pas) till the last 10%

Ok awesome I appreciate the input. I'm going to sub WAR I feel like that offers a bit more versatility than SAM. I'll forgo the THF sub for now unless there is a good situation with it.

That's great info ! I'll make sure to keep that in mind when using trace+grand pas.

Looks like I just need to build a Twashtar and put Terp away to bring the DD. Makes me sad, I really had hope PK spam could take me to the top but with all the Multi attack gear it looks like the AM ain't worth what it use to be.
 Leviathan.Katriina
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-05-23 02:33:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Very marginal difference

I wouldn't depend solely on this, many factors can contribute to make AF much more sustainable (better) to use.

You could use the same excuse between Relic Legs and Lust+1 but we both know it doesnt boil down to that.

How many times you got locked on WS set and had to suffer a special attack or spell from NM, especially on HELMs?
The versatility of AF/Relic makes it attractive enough to invest in.

If the cost of obtaining these hinders you or you have other jobs as a priority, then definitely the better choice is to stay with the cheaper ones but in current game Meta around Gil its highly unlikely to be the case.
Some are ready to spend millions for that extra 1-2% and Im 100% sure that you are very aware of that.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-23 03:02:34
Link | Citer | R

Oh don't get me wrong, I already have AF+3 hands.
It's just that I never noticed how they had lower DEX than Meghanada +2, and it was quite the disappointment xD
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-05-23 03:24:09
Link | Citer | R

Zyx1337 said: »
Looks like I just need to build a Twashtar and put Terp away to bring the DD. Makes me sad, I really had hope PK spam could take me to the top but with all the Multi attack gear it looks like the AM ain't worth what it use to be.

Its really great that you want to build Twashtar, its a great weapon and best offhand atm for both Terp and Aeneas [if you can easily obtain one do it definitely]

By no means you should think Terp should be put aside, this is one of the fewest Mythics that is actually worth putting on the list of any aspiring Dancer, its just the playstyle is different than other daggers.

Terp users need to focus really on spamming PK at 1K, only then you will notice how close it is to Aeneas Rudra spam at 1250.
Obviously Rudra spam factors in darkness skillchains vs PK spam with no sc, but...

With Same [Buffs/Sub/AM3] across the board:
Lowest WS/round for Terp recorded was 2.1
Lowest WS/round for Aeneas recorded was 2.4
Lowest WS/round for Twashtar recorded was 2.55

AVG WS For Terp at 1k TP was 29k
AVG WS For Aeneas at 1.25k TP was 34k
AVG WS for Twashtar at 2k TP was 31k

This is an indication why Terp is still a valid option to use and Im almost certain that if you switch to Fighter's Roll+SAM Roll on Terp instead of Chaos+SAM, even better if you pair up with a WAR it will be tie if not even on top.

Not to mention the time saved with obtaining steps and "if" you needed to switch to full DT/hybrid/MEVA Sets its guaranteed that Terp AM alone is enough to make it on top or as close as Twashtar AM3 in DT/Hybrid/MEVA.

However.....
Aeneas is a beast because of its insane 750 TP bonus, very high base DMG and/or if you decided use its AM to abuse DNC's scDMG trait, and lastly the TP overflow...

Irrelevant but for the sake of comparison:
Based on experience and many can provide their insight, a 3 step double darkness on Twashtar main hand can cap 99k if geared/buffed properly vs the same from Umbra 3 step with AM Aeneas and more often than not we find ourselves favoring a 3 step over anything (its just more convenient) than aiming for Umbra.

In conclusion, due to the nature of the job I honestly don't see the need to rank the daggers for the most optimum DPS output.
As a Dancer you're expected to do more than "just" pure DPS , one of our greatest assets is the ability to stack dazes with every single form of [defense/evasion/magic evasion] down an heal everyone in range in oh ***moments and Tank like a boss if needed.

Best of luck~
[+]
By Zyx1337 2018-05-24 12:21:10
Link | Citer | R

You make a very valid point and yeah I definitely do enjoy the ability to flip into DT gear while AM3 is up and become tanky with Fan Dance up. You're right it serves as very valid tool. I just find so little time to effectively use the TP between trying to inflict steps. Honestly it's lack of experience and time on DNC that probably causes me to feel a bit underwhelmed at times. Just need to really spend more time delving into the possibilities. Very difficult to throw out PK at 100% TP every time, sometimes end up holding pretty hard and I'm missing feet/head piece you've got on your PK set in the BG guide. so Evisceration seems to pull ahead of it.

One more question if you'd humor me, do you use building flourish at all for PK or whenever you have excess steps?

I'm hoping the Empy+3 that comes out eventually will really bring a cool play style to DNC. The occasionally doubles damage with Samba seems interesting if you'd mainhand Twash and sub WAR. Could get some interesting procs if it'll stack with Twashs AM3 (of course this is assuming the occasionally doubles damage on Empy+3 is higher and the full set has enough relevant TP pieces)

Anyways thanks again for all the input, I love learning more where I can. It helps all us DNCs out there seeing what you put together!
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-05-28 03:31:44
Link | Citer | R

As far as steps window go, try to do a step during WS animation
Many dancers use steps outside this window resulting in DPS loss, DNC just needs good reflexes honestly, I always Samba/Step/Heal during WS animations.

As for Building Flourish, I exclusively use it on Evisceration provided that I dont need to RF.
But... I'd rather not even use it, RF is much better to spam.

If you want something interesting for both Evisceration/PK, its definitely Striking Flourish with Empy Body.
If you're a Mythic User its best to use Striking Flourish over Climactic Flourish (if strictly PK,Evi Spam) and its only 30s recast with a cap of 2 finishing moves.

Sets should be something like this:

ItemSet 359172

ItemSet 359173
Lust Path A
Adhemar Path B
Cape 10 DA
Mummu Hands +2 works too
Herc with critDMG
Can replace Lust legs +1 with Herc critDMG

Edit: Lust Feet Path D
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-28 05:04:00
Link | Citer | R

Are you sure about that Katriina? Might be worth asking some people who I know discussed the topic extensively in the past, like Byrth, but there is no 1:1 correspondance between what you see happening on your client (animations) and what gets calculated serverside.

I apologize if I'm wrong but as far as I know the fact animationB gets canceled or hidden inside animationA, doesn't ensure that animationB won't generate the 1second delay, which I imagine is the DPSloss source you're talking about.

Quickly chedked Wiki and it kinda seems to confirm what I was remembering.
There are two phases and there is no way at all to avoid the first one, but you can avoid the second as long as you keep chaining actions together in a continuous stream. In this scenario only the last JA will incur under the phase2 penalty.

This basically means that to minimize the impact of Phase2 DPS loss penality, you should try to group together your actions as much as possible.
...in theory at least. I imagine in reality there are other factors to consider as well.

This is slightly different from what you were saying, unless I misunderstood you of course and this is exactely what you meant.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-05-28 12:29:47
Link | Citer | R

Thanks Sechs,

I would love to see your source because I was strictly talking about my playstyle which so far, served me well. (Nvm just saw link XD)

I will reiterate:

The idea was if PK animation takes 3s from start to finish, you can fit in the 2s step animation right after the first second lockout in theory.

In practice though and based on connection stability, from start to finish you might end up with 4s combined instead of 3 (you still win a second by doing so)

-I get to combine (one step+samba) in 4 seconds instead of 5.

-I also made a macro to stack at start of battle (NFR+Samba+Step+Saber if /THF,SAM) and usually takes about 5 seconds to finish.

-My Clim Rudra macro (Clim+Warcry+Rudra) takes 4 seconds.

-(Divine Waltz II + Step) takes 3 seconds.

First second is definitely a lockout but after that its open (at least from what I've experienced)
 Bismarck.Issymo
Serveur: Bismarck
user: issymo
By Bismarck.Issymo 2018-05-28 12:40:42
Link | Citer | R

Hello! :)

I just got lucky with DM but now confused.

Herc body: ACC 44, ATK 18, Quad +3 and Pet: STR 6 (picture below).

Should I still be using my Relic +3 body for my main TP set or now use this for a hybrid set instead? I use terps/twash if that helps.

I was trying to get a better WS set for RNG and wasn't expecting this at all!

[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-05-28 12:53:06
Link | Citer | R

Congratulations,
Herc would beat it by a small margin in theory but depends on other slots,sub choices, target and buffs.
Possibly 1-3% win.

Yet if you are not concerned with the added benefits of Relic Body, you should give it a go.
By hobo 2018-05-28 19:01:49
Link | Citer | R

As usual I'm gonna be the guy asking why path A for PK. Last spreadsheet version I checked said on PK path D was better by a decent margin (well hat didn't have path D but I assume its the same as feet).

I didn't look at legs on evis so I'm gonna just not question path.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-05-28 23:32:34
Link | Citer | R

hobo said: »
As usual I'm gonna be the guy asking why path A for PK. Last spreadsheet version I checked said on PK path D was better by a decent margin (well hat didn't have path D but I assume its the same as feet).

I didn't look at legs on evis so I'm gonna just not question path.
Path D is unique per slot where as A, B & C are the same probably why the spreadsheet didn't have Hat (D) cause it's not a good aug(STR+8, DEX+8 & INT+35) .
By hobo 2018-05-29 00:20:06
Link | Citer | R

If excel worked for me I would check right now, instead I will check in the morning.

I just sorta assumed that since the path D on feet and hat were almost the same (I know difference between 8 and 15 can be big) then they would perform similar. Path D on feet was the clear winner for rudras and PK which lead me to think that path D on hat was worth examining and would perform similar.
By hobo 2018-05-29 01:00:04
Link | Citer | R

It was bugging me so I did it with libre office, unless I messed up adding the path (don't think I did but wouldn't be the first time), I see path D winning by a whopping 19 damage. So its total nitpicking but people have cared about less.

I used the set Katriina posted page 45, except I used brutal instead of mache+1 because I think I messed adding that earring in (its late)?

When I tried with mache+1 the difference goes to 31, still nitpicking but augment paths annoy me for some reason
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-05-29 01:12:44
Link | Citer | R

Just wanted to say I LOVE visualizing a hobo dancer
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-05-29 01:23:18
Link | Citer | R

Thanks Hobo and Chlaia,

I double checked my post and it seems I didn't mention that feet is indeed path D but Head is Path A according to test.

I also switched to brutal and it got higher by 35.

Please not that it was done under "Striking Flourish"

I edited the set with brutal~

Edit: I noticed Lust D head wasn't there so I added it and tried it and it won over Path A by only 41

That doesn't mean it should always be the case, I highly doubt procs are factored after forced multi on first hit from striking flourish.
Will upload Spreadsheet in a few Chlaia :)

DNC...
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-05-29 04:30:50
Link | Citer | R

Will upload Spreadsheet in a few Chlaia :)
I updated the link but might I recommend making a shared folder on GDrive that you just replace the file inside of it when it's new. That way the link always stays the same so if you do an update and I miss it since you don't update the node it will still link to the current one.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-05-29 10:35:08
Link | Citer | R

Oh thats what i was doing, I made a public folder just for this spreadsheet, if node updates automatically like you said then i will mention any future updates here :)
Thanks
 Bismarck.Issymo
Serveur: Bismarck
user: issymo
By Bismarck.Issymo 2018-05-29 14:21:59
Link | Citer | R

Congratulations,
Herc would beat it by a small margin in theory but depends on other slots,sub choices, target and buffs.
Possibly 1-3% win.

Yet if you are not concerned with the added benefits of Relic Body, you should give it a go.

Sorry for late response! Thank you for getting back to me about this. I will definitely be trying it out. I should probably rethink my current set.

A lot of the time I am getting hate and have to switch to DT set so maybe I should stick to relic...
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-05-29 16:43:24
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, DNC pulls hate quite frequently and it was a blessing that SE decided to upgrade Relic Body this way.. (call it luck or well thought of stats, it turned out great nonetheless )
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2018-05-29 19:59:55
Link | Citer | R

The wiki page is honestly very misleading. You can perform many consecutive JAs with literal 0 delay between them. The 'phase 1' delay is a client side limitation that GearSwap will bypass anyway if you aren't using menus.

Every JA/WS/Spell (bar ones they fixed, like PUP stuff) will reset your combat delay on use.

Every WS and spell has a set server-side delay before you can successfully perform another action following it.

For this reason, it's generally been common practice to use a JA before WSing.
[+]
By Elizabet 2018-06-19 21:34:54
Link | Citer | R

My current dagger options are Ipetam, Iziikoh, Enchufla, Attoyac. I've been doing Ipetam/Iziikoh.. Odds of grabbing taming saris at this point is kinda low. Should I go buy a blurred +1? Should I go get 2 skinflayers? Or just keep tooting about with a combination of what I currently have till something EMA finishes building?
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-06-19 21:56:50
Link | Citer | R

Skinflayer x2 is probably your best bet.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-06-20 09:00:13
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
Skinflayers are better than Taming Sari anyway, right?
You can get TA+3 on Skinflayer for 5% total, per hand.

Taming is a much more versatile weapon: better WS mods (more DEX, more STR), covers Exenterator AGI mod too, gives extra CHR for Waltz, TH+1, and MAB for Aeolian Edge. Subtle Blow +8% is also nice to have for a dual-wield job.

Skinflayer, if you're really lucky w/ Oseem, may net you more raw att/acc and a bit more weapon DMG, and +2% extra TA for a job that doesn't exactly have trouble gaining TP to begin with.

Spamming SR is more fun than watching thousands of stones get flushed down the toilet too... IMO.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-20 09:56:10
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Spamming SR is more fun than watching thousands of stones get flushed down the toilet too... IMO.

It loses its value after you see about 5-10 Malevolences with the same stats. SR Campaign been needed to happen, and, if I were suggesting what to do, I'd say go grab 2 Skinflayers and augment away until you get a decent base to work with (something dmg, acc, att, ta). Then you can gradually farm your Sari over time (LOL GLUCK), and in the meantime, keep tossing stones at Oseem. Personally, I'd use Pellucid/Taupe, since they are dirt cheap, drop from nearly every Ascended right at Ingress 1, and give the most favorable base stats to work off of. Fern is where you're throwing money away. But the point is, Skinflayer gives you an immediate weapon for a low price and low effort, and you just need to spam enter>down+enter>confirm/cancel>augment again about 5000 times.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 80 81 82