Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-04 09:29:33
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
A better discussion to have: Now that the EU is up for grabs, I wonder what the official word is on Boba Fett?
Still digesting in the pit of the Sarlacc.

Cause clones take a while to process. Also very gamy.

Well, EU wise he managed to jetpack the hell outta there, but who knows now!?

Too much of a badass to be left out of the loop for good. Especially with Disney talking spin off movies.

Yeah, but you know Disney, they will just *** it up.

Expect a new Fett. Let's call him Mickey Sora Fett. The backstory is that he is a clone child between Boba and some woman bounty he caught and, before turning her in, banged for the fun of it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-01-04 15:24:43
Link | Citer | R

I don't know why people continue to beat this drum.

Disney took Marvel from "approaching bankruptcy" to "unstoppable juggernaut". They revived Star Wars in a way that doesn't involve the phrase "trade negotiations". They've done nothing but produce decent-to-high-quality stuff from neglected and abused properties.

Why do people keep saying they aren't any good at this? By every available piece of evidence, they are outstanding at it. They made three quarters of a billion dollars from Guardians of the *** Galaxy. What exactly do they have to do to earn the benefit of the doubt?
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2016-01-04 15:25:37
Link | Citer | R

Expect a new Fett. Let's call him Mickey Sora Fett. The backstory is that he is a clone child between Boba and some woman bounty he caught and, before turning her in, banged for the fun of it.

Sora Fett sounds more like female offspring of Boba Fett. I'm picturing a female Boba Fett with dreads. Like Boba got freaky with Predator.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2016-01-04 15:26:24
Link | Citer | R

Rooks said: »

I don't know why people continue to beat this drum.

Disney took Marvel from "approaching bankruptcy" to "unstoppable juggernaut". They revived Star Wars in a way that doesn't involve the phrase "trade negotiations". They've done nothing but produce decent-to-high-quality stuff from neglected and abused properties.

Yeah, but they also made John Carter.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-01-04 15:27:53
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Yeah, but they also made John Carter.

A fair point.
[+]
By Malebolge 2016-01-04 19:19:45
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Sora Fett sounds more like female offspring of Boba Fett. I'm picturing a female Boba Fett with dreads. Like Boba got freaky with Predator.
Sora Fett is the Kingdom Hearts tie-in from Episode 8 who will help Ray unleash her true mary sue powers, while also being dressed like a bounty hunter for no reason other than that there was a character dressed like that in the original trilogy.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-04 19:45:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Sarcasm is trolling and harassment.
What you do isn't sarcasm.

Quotes out of context directly playing off of your own flamboyance? I could sit here and post your quotes back just like you are trying to do now.
Putting them in context actually illustrates my trolling/harassment point more, so playing the victim card here doesn't work.

It be easier if we talked about the purple light saber somehow meaning one is utilizing the dark side instead of acting like a victim.
I actually loled irl at this. The quotes that you say are "out of context" Come from me talking about the reasons why light saber colors have meaning.

But, you said you could (escape clause?) even agree with Viciousss who is quite literally saying exactly what I started with. Saying they don't really have a meaning.
Um..
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Yellow, Green, and Blue all have meanings, as does red (obviously).
For the love of God learn how to read and comprehend a conversation.

Instead you just wanted to get a stick up your *** then act like I am the bad guy.
I think everyone can agree you are the one with a stick up your *** and that you are the bad guy.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-04 20:23:48
Link | Citer | R

Damn it Atheryn, you beat me to the punch!
By Ramyrez 2016-01-04 21:21:27
Link | Citer | R

Happened across this. Apparently it's old news, but still clarification from earlier.

Disney makes it official that Boba Fett survived the Sarlacc in Return of the Jedi
VIP
By Jassik 2016-01-04 21:38:47
Link | Citer | R

Happened across this. Apparently it's old news, but still clarification from earlier.

Disney makes it official that Boba Fett survived the Sarlacc in Return of the Jedi

Boy, if he didn't hate Jedi enough already after they killed his dad, he's got to be in a rage over losing his bounty and his client getting killed.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2016-01-04 22:19:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Leonlionheart said: »
This movie wasn't really about plot, it was about character development.

It probably did that better than any Star Wars has yet

Edit: except for phasma

I was Xmas-shopping last month at the Disney Store prior to seeing the movie, and they had SO MUCH Captain Phasma merchandise (toys, costume masks, posters, bobble heads, etc.) so when I watched the film, I was waiting anxiously to see her big influential role leading up to the climax (I expected maybe some one-on-dueling with Finn in a dual-action scene interspliced with the Rey/Ren duel.)

Sadly there wasn't anything substantial, and Disney treated her character like garbage. ;_;

I suppose there is hope, as Gwendolyn Christie is cast to play her again in Episode VIII (meaning she at least survived the destruction of the Starkiller planet-base.) They just really have to go all-out now to make her more meaningful...Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux) got all the super-cool emotive "Be Prepared!" type speeches in the first film, by comparison. ^_-

Asura.Vyre said: »
And yeah, nobody ever told Luke not to get it on like donkey kong in the OT. Somewhere in the EU, it used to be stated that Jedi weren't supposed to form romantic bonds, because it leads to Force Dynasties, which are inevitably corrupted/charged by emotion etc.

...really? Mace Windu never...? Not even once? Really?!?

No way. :p
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-01-04 22:29:12
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Schutz said: »
Sadly there wasn't anything substantial, and Disney treated her character like garbage. ;_;

This confused the hell out of me. They made a gigantic deal out of her in all the lead up, and she's barely there at all (and when she is, she's ineffective). I can't think of a named character that they get less mileage out of - even the gangsters after Solo at least get a crazy action scene.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-01-04 22:29:39
Link | Citer | R

The Schutz Awakens
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-04 23:18:17
Link | Citer | R

I guess when you got nothing else..
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-01-04 23:19:04
Link | Citer | R

I don't know why this is still going on, do lightsaber crystal colors have meaning? They used to. Do they still? Unknown. When Vader and the Emperor wiped out the Jedi, the lightsabers went with them. There has only been one batch of new Jedi since then, (other than Luke) the school that Luke trained, and I have no doubt that we will see how Ren betrayed them (something to really look forward to).

If all of their lightsabers are green then they probably don't have meaning anymore, but we don't even know how many young Jedi Luke was training, it could have been just 2. It could have been 10. 2 greens wouldn't really discern a lot, but 10 greens would. I don't think thats something the writers will casually throw in there, so we will get a definitive answer. (For the record, I expect to see green and blue).

But I really, really doubt we will see a purple lightsaber. Was it fun? Yes, it did work for those movies. But for Star Wars purists, its an abomination, a headache, just more unexplainable George Lucas ***, its really that bad. Even the great Mace Windu required a thorough story to explain where he got it, because /nerdrage. And not surprisingly, Lucas took the easy way out, instead of retconning the entire Jedi history records.

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-04 23:26:27
Link | Citer | R

Are the meaning of light sabers even mentioned in any of the movies though? It's mostly just an extended canon thing, that seems to have happened by accident and was wisely taken advantage of.

I agree Lucas is a pos. Glad he isn't involved anymore. As for the whole nerdrage thing. I'm surprised how many people don't like added canon to really anything especially Star Wars.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-01-04 23:30:14
Link | Citer | R

Mace Windu's purple lightsaber is the only one that was confirmed to be in existence, and it was a gift. Now, that does not explain how the crystal was formed. It is certainly possible that it was formed by tapping into the Dark Side. However, it can be said definitively that Mace Windu was not tapped into the Dark Side.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-04 23:34:33
Link | Citer | R

All I said was that I disagree with him saying purple lightsabers means one is "tapping into the Darkside".

Instead of conceding that he threw something made-up out there.
This is what you said.
I don't believe the purple light saber actually means this.

In fact I am going to say purple light sabers don't actually have a meaning outside of vanity.

This was back on page 5!
Altimaomega said: »
The purple light sabers meaning is something to do with tapping into the darkside just and fyi.

Then I was proven right and you was proven wrong and you have had a stick up your *** ever since!
Shiva.Shruiken said: »
Wookieepedia said:
required the user to enjoy the fight, and relish the satisfaction of winning. The practitioner of Vaapad would accept the fury of their opponent, transforming them into one half of a superconducting loop, with the other half being the power of darkness inherent in the opponent. The form was also mentioned with a cautionary warning by the Jedi that use of Vaapad led the user perilously close to the dark side due to its focus on physical combat.

Hello? Hi, yes, guy here who started this via calling you out. Only talking about purple here, thanks.
You haven't been just talking about purple and I'm done quoting your nonsense, you have been proven wrong at every turn and need to let it go.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2016-01-05 01:05:38
Link | Citer | R

Altimaomega said:
Then I was proven right and you was proven wrong and you have had a stick up your *** ever since!

Don't forget that before the excerpt from Wookieepedia I said

Quote:
it can be argued that purple may be caused by tapping into the power of the dark side

I only meant that a case could be made concerning Mace's connection to the dark side. Meaning that neither of you are definitively right, and neither of you are definitively wrong.

Viciousss said it well:
Viciousss said:
I doubt we ever get an answer.

Think y'all should shake your ***, it's time this pissing contest ended. The thread is to discuss TFA, not the color of Mace Windu's lightsaber.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-05 01:17:16
Link | Citer | R

If only you could respond in a statement and maybe reiterate a quote or two. Instead of just making a mass multiquote breakdown like you have the attentions span of a goldfish or something.
I break them down so you can understand since you are the one with no attention span.

This means you don't really know.
Nobody knows for sure, where have you been the past 4 pages? It's like you don't understand the words Something and If.

Just don't make rather baseless claims and then be stubborn over it.
My claims are not baseless as proven above.

As much as you whine about me at least I can admit errors.
Now would be the time.
By volkom 2016-01-05 02:09:21
Link | Citer | R

Saw the movie again tonight. Really wishing that jar jar binks made an appearance as a sith lord. So much stuff in this movie is bothering me :/
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2016-01-05 02:12:04
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
Saw the movie again tonight. Really wishing that jar jar binks made an appearance as a sith lord. So much stuff in this movie is bothering me :/

Darth Binks
[+]
By Yatenkou 2016-01-05 06:39:34
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Shruiken said: »
Altimaomega said:

Don't forget that before the excerpt from Wookieepedia I said

Quote:
it can be argued that purple may be caused by tapping into the power of the dark side

I only meant that a case could be made concerning Mace's connection to the dark side. Meaning that neither of you are definitively right, and neither of you are definitively wrong.

Viciousss said it well:
Viciousss said:
I doubt we ever get an answer.

Think y'all should shake your ***, it's time this pissing contest ended. The thread is to discuss TFA, not the color of Mace Windu's lightsaber.

The whole purple thing is complete crap, for one his fighting style Vapaad only brought him close to the dark side as it is a style meant to kill. As for his purple lightsaber, that merely comes down to the focus crystal used that gives the lightsaber it's hue.

Ever wonder why a sith's lightsaber is red? No it's not because they are evil, it actually stems from the fact that their red crystals are synthetic, and red was the chosen color. Before the red lightsaber became a symbol of darksiders, some Jedi used it before the color was frowned upon.

Luke's green lightsaber was actually made from a synthetic crystal also, but as you can tell it was green and not red. These crystals had to be used whenever access to a crystal cave (such as Ilum) is not possible, such as in Luke's case when the empire seized control and made it impossible to get lightsaber crystals.
By Ramyrez 2016-01-05 07:27:46
Link | Citer | R

All I know is that all this discussion of Mace Windu's saber is making me upset I've never picked up the Mace Windu Force FX saber before they started going for like 3-4x retail on second sale.

I've got the Anakin saber though, so that's really all that matters. <3
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2016-01-05 07:27:54
Link | Citer | R

You all might be over-analysing the complexity of the construction process...

[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-05 14:02:49
Link | Citer | R

Yatenkou said: »
The whole purple thing is complete crap, for one his fighting style Vapaad only brought him close to the dark side as it is a style meant to kill.
Hence, the color Purple...

You mean like the Jedi who use the force to enhance their light saber skills (Blue) or have a deep connection with the force (Green) or the Sith that used the darkside and only use (Red)

It is hilarious this has been going on for 4 pages. These are simple concepts to understand.

Yatenkou said: »
As for his purple lightsaber, that merely comes down to the focus crystal used that gives the lightsaber it's hue.

Fairly certain nobody is going to argue with that unless they have never seen a Start Wars movie.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 10 11 12