St. Louis Vs. The Police: Part III Apocalypse Nigh

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » St. Louis Vs. The Police: Part III Apocalypse Nigh
St. Louis Vs. The Police: Part III Apocalypse Nigh
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 17 18 19
By Voren 2014-11-25 00:13:14
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Eboneezer said: »
where was that thread with the people insisting that there is never a time that a citizen should ever need more than 5-7 rounds in a magazine? I'm sure the citizens of Ferguson agree completely right now

Two words: shot placement.
By volkom 2014-11-25 00:19:15
Link | Citer | R

There was a live stream of the riots. Quite depressing to see crazed citizens destroy their own community. Definitely not deserving to live here
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-11-25 00:21:01
Link | Citer | R

Dellwood Police Station burnt to the ground.
 Odin.Minefield
Serveur: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2014-11-25 00:31:45
Link | Citer | R

Puts a new definition of the term "Hot Fuzz".
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2014-11-25 00:47:18
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aelius said: »

didn't they correct it to, car on fire in front of it?
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-11-25 01:20:49
Link | Citer | R

I don't understand why the announced their decision at night, they should have done it at like 8 AM tomorrow morning.
Premium
By Lulukitty 2014-11-25 01:31:34
Link | Citer | R

Enuyasha said: »
Bahamut.Lulukitty said: »
Its honestly turned the area and surrounding areas into nonsense. Apparently already have burglaries in and around my neighborhood just within these past two hours -.-
Havent heard any bizarro lynch mobs in my neighborhood yet. Football prolly trumps social outrage atm. But, my facebook is full of neo-revolutionaries screaming holocaust.

Prolly will be for the next 2-3 days.

I would think 2-3 days is hopeful >.> probably be weeks.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2014-11-25 01:54:40
Link | Citer | R

Sad thing is most of these idiots causing destruction and stuff are doing it cause they like to cause chaos, and make people life's miserable. Cause really wtf is the point of burning down innocent peoples businesses and looting stores and robing peoples homes instead of just going after the police and the judge who passed the none guilty verdict?
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-11-25 02:05:21
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »

No, that was Dellwood City Hall.

Quote:
1:19am: Dellwood Police Station is fully engulfed in flames.

1:30am: "The City of Dellwood¨s city hall is fully engulfed. #STLCOPD continues to ask for calm. #FergusonDecision."

1:36am: "CORRECTION: Dellwood City Hall not on fire. A car near the bldg was set on fire."

These times are EST
 Odin.Godofgods
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-11-25 02:05:31
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Michiiru said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Odin.Godofgods said: »
any the wonder why police in general have zero tolerance in the field...
because they're morons with power? not hard to figure out

Sylph.Chrisstreb said: »
no Pizza or Walgreens now apparently...

They've been set ablaze..
calling little ceasars "pizza" is a stretch, more like tasteless fluffed cardboard with toppings.
Wow morons with power? You really love putting everyone in the same pot don't you? Apparently there's no honest cops who want to make a difference because Jet apparently says so!

I was referring to potential life threatening situations. And i honestly wouldnt blame hem at all. I wouldnt give ppl the benefit of the doubt either. Thats how u wind up dead.
(Like that video in the thread a little while back where the guy reaches into a school back pack while in his car, and the cops that pulled them over drew there weapons.)

And ve never had little ceasers so i wouldnt know'
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2014-11-25 02:18:52
Link | Citer | R

No, that was Dellwood City Hall.

Quote:
1:19am: Dellwood Police Station is fully engulfed in flames.

1:30am: "The City of Dellwood¨s city hall is fully engulfed. #STLCOPD continues to ask for calm. #FergusonDecision."

1:36am: "CORRECTION: Dellwood City Hall not on fire. A car near the bldg was set on fire."

These times are EST

do you have a link or something? i can't find anything supporting that.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
Serveur: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-11-25 02:19:53
Link | Citer | R

Waited so long for this! Finally I get to see news about idiots being idiots! Took them long enough to make the court ruling.

I salute you rioters and your dedication to stupidity! Prove man kind is doomed to idiocy. It is your destiny.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Also on the topic of Little Ceasers, we used to have one here back when I was in elementry school. It was great. No clue about now since that was nearly 20 years ago ....

I feel old.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-25 02:37:06
Link | Citer | R

calling little ceasars "pizza" is a stretch, more like tasteless fluffed cardboard with toppings.
Wow morons with power? You really love putting everyone in the same pot don't you? Apparently there's no honest cops who want to make a difference because Jet apparently says so!

Them being honest or not doesn't refute my statement at all, nor does them wanting to make a difference. Of course there's always exceptions to the rules and you'll get some halfway intelligent cops (Voren here is one, apparently) but pig for pig you'll usually get a moron, because that's what they want, somebody who'll blindly follow orders without question.
[+]
By Voren 2014-11-25 02:38:49
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Gencay said: »
just going after the police and the judge who passed the none guilty verdict?

So if every officer is scum and fair game to target that means every civilian is a dirt bag and should be arrested/shot on sight.

It wasn't the judge's decision to not indict, that was the grand jury. But yes the judge should be a target for reading a verdict of a jury selected from the community.

Also, it wasn't a non-guilty verdict because it wasn't a trial. They returned a verdict that found that there was not sufficient probable cause to proceed with charges against the officer. Big difference.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-25 02:39:41
Link | Citer | R

As to the situation though: it's well deserved anger and they have plenty of reason for it, but this isn't the thing I'd riot about, they really should pick there battles more closely, as there's legitimate cases of police being racist *** and young black men dying, where there wasn't a legitimate excuse for it, and between this and the lol "boy with skittles" incident, I'm a bit concerned, as people need to learn to pick their battles better.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-25 02:44:04
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Caesar is turning in his grave knowing then named a pizza after him !
It's almost as if they put a knife into his legacy!

[+]
By Voren 2014-11-25 02:50:15
Link | Citer | R

Them being honest or not doesn't refute my statement at all, nor does them wanting to make a difference. Of course there's always exceptions to the rules and you'll get some halfway intelligent cops (Voren here is one, apparently) but pig for pig you'll usually get a moron, because that's what they want, somebody who'll blindly follow orders without question.

/bow thank you....though I'm only a quarter intelligent, I fake the other quarter.

Jet's actually correct, most cops go on power trips because they're no more than simple juvenile delinquents that have been given a small measure of authority and some dangerous toys to use (tasers are fun, just saying).

To be honest, most, and I do mean most (90% or more) officers take the job because it's one of the few professions where you can make $30-100k a year with decent benefits and a pretty good pension (most retire in 20 years with 75-90% pay) and only need to have a high school diploma or G.E.D. Some of the better paying departments require 60hrs college credit, associates, or bachelors though the latter is few and far between unless we're talking state/federal level. There's at best 10% that want to make a difference in the community and even those that go in wanting to make a difference eventually turn out to be more cynical than those that take the job for the money.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-11-25 03:11:14
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Caesar is turning in his grave knowing then named a pizza after him !
It's almost as if they put a knife into his legacy!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-25 03:11:59
Link | Citer | R

A quarter more than the one I dealt with the last time I called a cop for something...
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2014-11-25 03:20:47
Link | Citer | R

Voren said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Gencay said: »
just going after the police and the judge who passed the none guilty verdict?

So if every officer is scum and fair game to target that means every civilian is a dirt bag and should be arrested/shot on sight.

It wasn't the judge's decision to not indict, that was the grand jury. But yes the judge should be a target for reading a verdict of a jury selected from the community.

Also, it wasn't a non-guilty verdict because it wasn't a trial. They returned a verdict that found that there was not sufficient probable cause to proceed with charges against the officer. Big difference.

Sorry guess i should of chose my words better just annoyed at all the chaos going on when it won't solve anything yet the idiots causing destruction think it will.

edit and also the other idiots doing it just to steal sh?t
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-11-25 06:14:42
Link | Citer | R

do you have a link or something? i can't find anything supporting that.

Pain in the ***. I bet you didn't even look.

Source
By Fyyvoaa 2014-11-25 06:34:31
Link | Citer | R

what in the ***...

what did I miss last night?
 Asura.Ackeronll
Serveur: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-11-25 06:38:44
Link | Citer | R

Fyyvoaa said: »
what in the ***...

what did I miss last night?
Millions in property damage for no reason?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-25 06:43:29
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
The St. Louis area was braced for another day of protests on Tuesday after a grand jury cleared a white police officer in the fatal August shooting of an unarmed black teenager, sparking a night of violet and racially charged rioting.

About a dozen buildings in Ferguson, Missouri, burned overnight and police fired tear gas and flash-bang canisters at protesters, said St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar Sixty-one people were also arrested, police added.

Although no serious injuries were reported, Belmar said the rioting on Monday night and early Tuesday morning was "much worse" than disturbances which erupted in the immediate aftermath of the shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown by police officer Darren Wilson on Aug. 9.

Protests were also staged on Monday night in New York, Chicago, Seattle, Los Angeles, Oakland, California, and Washington, D.C., over a case that has highlighted long-standing racial tensions not just in predominantly black Ferguson but across the United States.

Schools in Ferguson and its surrounding cities said they planned not to open on Tuesday. Protesters planned to demonstrate on Tuesday outside the courthouse in Clayton, Missouri, where the grand jury sat.

The rioting came despite calls for calm from officials ranging from Missouri Governor Jay Nixon to President Barack Obama. Activist leaders had spent weeks training protesters in nonviolent civil disobedience techniques and police had also been through conflict de-escalation training, though tempers flared after crowds threw bricks and police and set patrol cars on fire following the grand jury's decision.

Officials disclosed that ruling well after sunset and hours after saying it was coming, a set of circumstances that led to protesters taking to the streets well after dark.

"I didn't see a lot of peaceful protests out there," Belmar said, adding that the rioting was "probably much worse than the worst night" of demonstrations in August following Brown's death.

"Unfortunately, this spun out of control," said Belmar.

St. Louis police reported heavy gunfire late on Monday in the area near where Brown was slain, but Belmar said officers did not fire a shot, even after they were pelted with rocks, bottles, batteries and other debris.
St. Louis suburb smolders after racially charged riots
By Ramyrez 2014-11-25 06:56:05
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Belmar said the rioting on Monday night and early Tuesday morning was "much worse" than disturbances which erupted in the immediate aftermath of the shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown by police officer Darren Wilson on Aug. 9.

Hey, it's almost like the criminal element of the community knew what was going to happen, planned appropriately, and managed to pervert what was a legitimate concern by peaceful protesters into something that will instead be even more divisive and feed manufactured racial tensions on both sides of the issue. Manufactured tensions that are also fueling an already-existing, underlying layer of what was already too much tension for starters.

Jesus titty-*** Christ I'm getting sick of mob mentalities controlling this country. On all sides of every issue.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mariane
Serveur: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-11-25 07:07:24
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
Hey, it's almost like the criminal element of the community knew what was going to happen, planned appropriately, and managed to pervert what was a legitimate concern by peaceful protesters into something that will instead be even more divisive and feed manufactured racial tensions on both sides of the issue. Manufactured tensions that are also fueling an already-existing, underlying layer of what was already too much tension for starters.

Jesus titty-*** Christ I'm getting sick of mob mentalities controlling this country. On all sides of every issue.

Exactly what drug dealers did here in Brazil a few months ago with that "black blocs" garbage. I see that was inspiration for criminals worldwide. -_-;
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-25 07:08:52
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
Belmar said the rioting on Monday night and early Tuesday morning was "much worse" than disturbances which erupted in the immediate aftermath of the shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown by police officer Darren Wilson on Aug. 9.

Worst part is, most of the rioters didn't even live there.
[+]
By Voren 2014-11-25 07:10:22
Link | Citer | R

Ferguson's new mantra:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Fenrir.Mariane
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-11-25 07:10:58
Link | Citer | R

Worst part is, most of the rioters didn't even live there.

Same here in Brazil. People clad in black joined peaceful movements to break havoc and make them into rots.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-11-25 07:46:25
Link | Citer | R

When they eventually run out of businesses to burn, I imagine the unemployment rate in Ferguson will be spectacular.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 17 18 19