First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10
 Diabolos.Ghlin
Serveur: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2009-08-13 19:31:16
Link | Citer | R

Taintedone,
There are a lot of talks about a 5-hit build using the new GK from Succor to the Sidhe, Rindomaru. So, that's what I was thinking about. Also, (while not even really worth discussing) the Futsuno Mitama has STP+8 and a 480 Delay. This has made many day dreamer threads about 'what would be the best build for futsuno mitama.' Usually, they talk about how a 5-hit build will outparse a 6-hit build Hagun. (Whether this is true or not is for another thread.) But, yeah, you're right, a 5-hit build is not a standard thing.
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-13 19:34:31
Link | Citer | R

Ghlin said:
Taintedone,
There are a lot of talks about a 5-hit build using the new GK from Succor to the Sidhe, Rindomaru. So, that's what I was thinking about. Also, (while not even really worth discussing) the Futsuno Mitama has STP+8 and a 480 Delay. This has made many day dreamer threads about 'what would be the best build for futsuno mitama.' Usually, they talk about how a 5-hit build will outparse a 6-hit build Hagun. (Whether this is true or not is for another thread.) But, yeah, you're right, a 5-hit build is not a standard thing.

Yeah, I've heard of ppl getting STP+12 or so on the Rindo and such, but the sacrifices you'd have to make with your other gear slots wouldn't really make it worth it imho. The Futsuno is just one of those things only a fraction of a percentage of the player base will ever see unfortunately lol. Realistically 6-hits will be the best we can ever hope to accomplish as far as that goes I'm afraid.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-13 19:47:24
Link | Citer | R

Taintedone said:
Yeah, I've heard of ppl getting STP+12 or so on the Rindo and such

You can get +17 at LEAST on that GK, that's the highest I've seen.
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-13 19:57:41
Link | Citer | R

Enternius said:
Taintedone said:

It's still 75STP you need iirc for a 5-hit with a 450 delay GK. With 25 from the native STP and 10 from merits, that would leave 40 (probably 41) STP you would need in gear, which is imo giving up a lot of positive stats (haste, attk, acc, etc.) to replace them with gear with STP. Not to say you couldn't do it, but would it really be worth it?
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-13 20:02:02
Link | Citer | R

Only 23 needed with that GK though, and with Brutal Earring, Rajas, and one or two pieces of Hachiman, it wouldn't be too hard.
 Ragnarok.Faiye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: xFaiyex
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2009-08-13 20:07:17
Link | Citer | R

Dooom said:
TP in Hauby, WS in osode (Hauby until you get it), be happy.

You should TP in Hauby and WS in Hachiman body until you get Osode. WS is actually the only time its acceptable to use the Hachiman body. Because of its +8 STR its only 2nd to Osode as a WS piece for SAM. Alternatively you could use the Fourth Division Brunne as it also has +8 STR.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-13 20:16:47
Link | Citer | R

Vegetto said:
Togi on sam = /point /laugh

Faiye said:
Dooom said:
TP in Hauby, WS in osode (Hauby until you get it), be happy.

You should TP in Hauby and WS in Hachiman body until you get Osode. WS is actually the only time its acceptable to use the Hachiman body. Because of its +8 STR its only 2nd to Osode as a WS piece for SAM. Alternatively you could use the Fourth Division Brunne as it also has +8 STR.
 Cerberus.Geldric
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-08-13 20:20:49
Link | Citer | R

STR isn't the end all stat for WS's. a NQ Haubergeon can outdo a Domaru. Domaru is pointless for SAM in close to every aspect of it.

And Haubergeon > Shura Togi. No I'm not going to go out of my way to answer a simple question that quote, Krebons; a 2yr old can answer. Just basing it off the raw stats and the added stats atk/acc from the Str/Dex on it should by far pull it ahead. And on the gil side, its cheaper.

Taintedone said:
Enternius said:
Taintedone said:

It's still 75STP you need iirc for a 5-hit with a 450 delay GK. With 25 from the native STP and 10 from merits, that would leave 40 (probably 41) STP you would need in gear, which is imo giving up a lot of positive stats (haste, attk, acc, etc.) to replace them with gear with STP. Not to say you couldn't do it, but would it really be worth it?

Rindomaru is worthless. Hagun and Onimaru with a solid 6-hit build will outparse it. Let me dig up the thread for you.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-13 20:23:03
Link | Citer | R

Geldric said:
STR isn't the end all stat for WS's. a NQ Haubergeon can outdo a Domaru. Domaru is pointless for SAM in close to every aspect of it.

Id say Domaru for Gekko, cuz something or other with attack on it or something(Or does it Need atk?) but yea, u can also just save a WS swap slot keeping on hauby,
 Cerberus.Geldric
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-08-13 20:28:12
Link | Citer | R

Waitwut? People still worry about a limited amount of macro lines? And theres a whole bunch of math involved but NQ Hauby pulled out ahead of Domaru on this parse using the VIT and Evasion of Greater Colibri as the subject.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-13 20:31:55
Link | Citer | R

Geldric said:
Waitwut? People still worry about a limited amount of macro lines? And theres a whole bunch of math involved but NQ Hauby pulled out ahead of Domaru on this parse using the VIT and Evasion of Greater Colibri as the subject.

I play on 360 lol, i use 2 6 line macros to swap to WS, then 2 more macros to switch back lol >.>,

Doesnt Gekko have like an Atk boost that makes pure STR the best thing? Something like that, i always just used hauby till i got an Osode anyway,

Edit**

Oh, Hauby > Shura by far, More Acc, Slightly less atk, and it has rawr Str and Dex which are better then atk and acc cuz they do more :o
 Cerberus.Geldric
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-08-13 20:35:40
Link | Citer | R

It has an ACC boost. Gonna make this as simple as I can make it without directing you to a KI thread with 10 pages of math on it.

STR is your as per say, and adding more STR raises your cap. But adding more STR doesn't always make you hit the top DMG all the time. Attack comes into play giving you more moderate and average damage. A mixture of STR and Attack can increase your overall WS damage instead of just adding STR.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-13 20:38:09
Link | Citer | R

Makes sense

Thats why i keep Ame+1(foragers) > Smilo mantle,
[+]
 Cerberus.Geldric
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-08-13 20:41:44
Link | Citer | R

Rate up.^-')b
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-13 20:43:30
Link | Citer | R

lol, i never liked Smilo+1, when u think about it, Atk is what raises ur minimum dmg on Melee swings ya? and Str raises cap, SAM ws are 1 hit, So the way i figure it kinda just rolls into the same thing
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Serveur: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-13 20:47:07
Link | Citer | R

The reasoning behind Smilodon on Gekko is that Gekko has a fairly low attack cap, I believe it was about 460~ which is pretty easily attainable with SAM, hence why any additional attack started to get dropped in favor of more STR, as I understand it.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-13 20:49:28
Link | Citer | R

Caiyuo said:
The reasoning behind Smilodon on Gekko is that Gekko has a fairly low attack cap, I believe it was about 460~ which is pretty easily attainable with SAM, hence why any additional attack started to get dropped in favor of more STR, as I understand it.

thats what i heard, WS, w/ food im probably 460+ not sure, but the Ame +1 Contributes to that lol, to sit at 480 ATK w/o a +15 on back gotta be some pretty funky gear,
 Cerberus.Geldric
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-08-13 20:51:01
Link | Citer | R

I'v always used Foragers then Cerberus+1, I'v never been a fan of Smilodon at all. I'v always seen that the 12.5 attack lost going over from Foragers to Smilidon just bugged me endlessly.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-13 20:55:33
Link | Citer | R

Geldric said:
I'v always used Foragers then Cerberus+1, I'v never been a fan of Smilodon at all. I'v always seen that the 12.5 attack lost going over from Foragers to Smilidon just bugged me endlessly.

Oh mai god, me too lol, but i havnt saved for Foragers yet, need to save for Alky too, have Pallas at least
 Valefor.Redenius
Serveur: Valefor
user: Redenius
By Valefor.Redenius 2009-08-13 22:29:40
Link | Citer | R

In my opinion people will always go for the Hauby why? It can be bought on the AH>.> Shura Togi is a piece of ***because I can't get it from the AH so I'm going to go on a limb and say Togi blows. (That is what most of the population is going to say.) But if people took the time to go end game and not *** about drops etc than maybe they would say hey Togi is so much better than hauby!!!! To each their own but each piece of equipment fills different needs.
 Cerberus.Geldric
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-08-13 22:42:53
Link | Citer | R

Redenius said:
In my opinion people will always go for the Hauby why? It can be bought on the AH>.> Shura Togi is a piece of ***because I can't get it from the AH so I'm going to go on a limb and say Togi blows. (That is what most of the population is going to say.) But if people took the time to go end game and not *** about drops etc than maybe they would say hey Togi is so much better than hauby!!!! To each their own but each piece of equipment fills different needs.

Because the difficulty of getting an item really equals how much the item is worth. Togi isn't that difficult to get.. and sky has been out how long? Hauby > Togi in all aspects.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-08-13 22:53:26
Link | Citer | R

Redenius said:

Well guess what, your opinion is wrong.
Sky is hardly "endgame" anymore and no one gives a crap if something is AH'ble or not, Haub is better b/c the stats make it better.

Take your fail troll elsewhere.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-14 00:12:12
Link | Citer | R

Ghlin said:
Taitedone,

Your question was actually answered in the first reply.

Wait....you mean by the guy wearing a diaper and a Tigger costume??? (Hmmm.)(That's interesting.)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Blirien
user: Doug3d829
By Carbuncle.Blirien 2009-08-14 00:17:37
Link | Citer | R

OK now that i read the entire forum i can post my 2 cents...

TO: i do agree with the majority that hauby is better than shura, but only marginally, so it doesnt matter which you use imo. As for me, i use askar, cuz id rather have the store tp and go with a ~20% haste build. If you have full GK merits and have a good amount of dex on your tp build your acc shouldnt be bad at all. its not all that bad and im elvaan... Also, i ws in byrnie+1, so i dont gear like the majority of the sams out there... check out my gear sets if you wish...
 Ragnarok.Titox
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2009-08-14 00:21:27
Link | Citer | R

Taintedone said:
Heh, carrying this over from a different post.

NQ Hauby vs. Shura Togi for SAM to TP in.

Post any relevant data....and post something more coherent than "NQ Hauby pwns k thx bai".............

GO!

NQ Hauby i say is the one....like everyone say..it haves more acc and atk...and you will not be tanking lol...if you do...change body gear to something else....of course if you are going to solo..bad idea to use hauby and Samurai have high evasion + having Yuki(Blind)/Kasha(Paralyze) says everything <3 if caster mob then Gekko too(silence) <3
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-08-14 00:28:37
Link | Citer | R

Blirien said:
OK now that i read the entire forum i can post my 2 cents...

TO: i do agree with the majority that hauby is better than shura, but only marginally, so it doesnt matter which you use imo. As for me, i use askar, cuz id rather have the store tp and go with a ~20% haste build. If you have full GK merits and have a good amount of dex on your tp build your acc shouldnt be bad at all. its not all that bad and im elvaan... Also, i ws in byrnie+1, so i dont gear like the majority of the sams out there... check out my gear sets if you wish...

And you fail. Grats on the wasted stage 4.

There is a huge difference when you are talking about "not bad" and what's better or best.

Unless you have amano or you are doing campaign/solo stuff, Askar body is NOT an option for a TP build.

I don't care, what your biased eyeballing has told you, I don't care what your gimped play style is, it's not as good as Haub, and unless SE makes some changes it will NOT be better than haub outside of the situations that I listed above.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-08-14 00:29:50
Link | Citer | R

Titox said:
Taintedone said:

Post any relevant data....and post something more coherent than "NQ Hauby pwns k thx bai".............

GO!

NQ Hauby i say is the one....like everyone say..it haves more acc and atk...and you will not be tanking lol...if you do...change body gear to something else....of course if you are going to solo..bad idea to use hauby and Samurai have high evasion + having Yuki(Blind)/Kasha(Paralyze) says everything <3 if caster mob then Gekko too(silence) <3

Haub isn't bad for soloing either tbh. When you have segian up it doesn't really matter how much -eva you have, and when it's down if you are that worried macro in arhat's +1.
 Cerberus.Geldric
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-08-14 00:52:03
Link | Citer | R

90% of this forum doesn't have an Oshi- build. Or they don't have enough macro lines for it(lol).
 Carbuncle.Deadlymidget
user:
By Carbuncle.Deadlymidget 2009-08-14 00:52:33
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Alyria said:
Krebons, please do not start on the thread. Contribute or don't post.
 Ragnarok.Titox
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2009-08-14 01:11:27
Link | Citer | R

Frobeus said:
Titox said:
Taintedone said:

GO!

Haub isn't bad for soloing either tbh. When you have segian up it doesn't really matter how much -eva you have, and when it's down if you are that worried macro in arhat's +1.

i soloed EP - VT having -eva is suicidal....i have +evasion gear for soloing...last time i soloed a VT was an Ebony Pudding when i was mining in Mount Z. i kept it blind,para and Silence almost 24/7 until the end...the pudding missed a lot of rounds in a row + paralyze...until the end when it was 2% lol....third eye went out on the first "anticipated",silenced wear off and didn't had tp to gekko ...i panicked a little lol...here a SC you can see it very me trying to get third eye up when it had a long recast on...rofl...had no way to run since i was between troll place and Ebony Pudding and started casting a Tier4:

User submitted image

^ ...if i could avoid this situation...i would so bad...something i learned that day....darn pudding agro JA! LOL good thing i didn't died on that learning...is like in school.. ;<
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10