Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 110 111 112
 Sylph.Cherche
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Cherche 2018-09-20 02:08:58
Link | Citer | R

You're aware the 3.93 was posted AFTER I asked, correct?
 Phoenix.Luxxord
Serveur: Phoenix
user: luxxord
By Phoenix.Luxxord 2018-09-23 14:45:41
Link | Citer | R

Did you delete the set? Would like to see it
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-23 14:48:46
Link | Citer | R

yes, i think the BG guide has a mention of it now, though.
[+]
 Leviathan.Sidra
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-10-01 13:06:36
Link | Citer | R

So I did not think we would see the Path C augments on Aram for a long time, as Alchemy Shields are not too common. But I just noticed BG has it posted:

Wyvern: HP +250
[2] Wyvern: Damage Taken -15%
[3] DMG:+14

Can anyone confirm that? If so, it's seriously awful.
By Nariont 2018-10-01 13:18:20
Link | Citer | R

That sounds about in line for a drg weapon in SE's mind.
[+]
 Bismarck.Darcain
Serveur: Bismarck
user: darcaine
By Bismarck.Darcain 2018-10-03 16:55:55
Link | Citer | R

Glad I don't need to buy one
 Valefor.Ophannus
Serveur: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2018-10-04 13:56:19
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Sidra said: »
So I did not think we would see the Path C augments on Aram for a long time, as Alchemy Shields are not too common. But I just noticed BG has it posted:

Wyvern: HP +250
[2] Wyvern: Damage Taken -15%
[3] DMG:+14

Can anyone confirm that? If so, it's seriously awful.

FFXIAH has it as:

Route C
[1] Wyvern: HP +
[2] Wyvern: Damage Taken -
[3] All Jumps Damage +

So the DMG+14 is only for Jump I guess. IDK if it's +14% or just DMG rating+14. Both are bad anyway, as option A/B have double/followup attacls which mean they'd give you double damage on jump 50% of the time AND double TP.
 Ragnarok.Casey
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2018-10-04 14:13:44
Link | Citer | R

Let's be honest here

Valefor.Ophannus said: »
Both are relatively bad anyway, as option A/B have double/followup attacks which could mean they'd give you double damage on jump 50% of the time AND maybe double TP.

Garbage until proven good imo
 Valefor.Ophannus
Serveur: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2018-10-04 14:42:15
Link | Citer | R

Actually, what's "Chance of Follow-up attack"? Is it another way to word "Occasionally Attacks Twice?"
By zaxtiss 2018-10-04 14:44:31
Link | Citer | R

it has a chance of adding a attack to your attack round. can make DA > TA, TA > QA, QA to quintupple
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2018-10-04 20:09:47
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Ophannus said: »
Actually, what's "Chance of Follow-up attack"? Is it another way to word "Occasionally Attacks Twice?"
Old Jailer/Raetic weapon effect. Additional attack separate from but can occur alongside standard multi attacks. Can't occur during a weapon skill.
[+]
 Bismarck.Darcain
Serveur: Bismarck
user: darcaine
By Bismarck.Darcain 2018-10-16 22:12:27
Link | Citer | R

I'm itching for an updated spreadsheet. With the new neck stats, weapon augments, all the new gear, and wsd change if it's staying. I'm curious where things stand now
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2018-10-16 22:21:48
Link | Citer | R

I made an attempt, but I was waaaaay out of my league.

I can jerry rig things like "what if x WS was as good as y WS" but that's about the extent of what I can do.
 Asura.Veikur
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Veikur 2018-11-14 13:14:59
Link | Citer | R

Would /DRK be better than /SAM in a zerg fight if you were running with an augmented Ryu?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-14 13:38:28
Link | Citer | R

Outside of Last Resort and a few points from Desperate Blows (may or may not be needed), what else does /drk really add to DRG?
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2018-11-14 14:36:36
Link | Citer | R

That attack is the entire point given Ryu is spamming drakesbane. Which has an attack penalty. And wants to be using the PDL neck piece, given fotia doesn't do much because fTP doesn't transfer.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-14 14:43:42
Link | Citer | R

Given a zerg scenario, I would have thought attack would be capped but I shouldn't have just assumed your support. I always thought /SAM was superior for a number of reasons but I don't have Ryu.

Guide comments under Support Jobs don't list anything unique /drk offers, even for Ryu users: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Here_Be_DRGs
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2018-11-14 14:53:54
Link | Citer | R

Kinda why I'm asking. Doea drg/sam have enough attack in a zerg scenario to compensate for the penalty and get the most out of the pdl neck?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-11-14 15:49:29
Link | Citer | R

If anything, using Ryu favors /SAM. Mythic AM3 makes stp more valuable, and /SAM gives +15 stp.

Now as for whether you have enough attack, that's an incredibly situational question, and hard to give a general answer to.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-11-14 16:17:25
Link | Citer | R

Mythic AM3 only makes STP more valuable in comparison to multi attack by devaluing the latter; STP's value compared to attack or haste is the same under AM3 or not.
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2018-11-14 16:19:37
Link | Citer | R

I'm not entirely sold on that, given how obscene samurai roll is. And how relatively little drakesbane benefits from overflow.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-14 16:55:24
Link | Citer | R

You can cap attack with buffs. The benefits you get from samurai sub outweigh the attack bonus from last resort, as it will speed up your weapon skill output.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-11-14 17:39:26
Link | Citer | R

Just because you can doesn't mean you will, especially if using JSE neck for a higher cap.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2018-11-14 18:44:13
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
You can cap attack with buffs. The benefits you get from samurai sub outweigh the attack bonus from last resort, as it will speed up your weapon skill output.
Neither 4-hit nor 3-hit require /sam.

EDIT: the latter, assuming you're going ahead with the ***end of the Sam roll spectrum, it will make a difference.

My bad, there.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2018-11-15 10:14:38
Link | Citer | R

For shits and giggles, found out it's possible to 2-hit in Abyssea.

Just need Crooked XI Rostam Samurai Rolls with Samurai in the party. Three STP+20 Atma. And 107+ STP in gear.
By Visien 2018-11-22 14:50:24
Link | Citer | R

Hey everyone, I just came back to the game and was thinking of going back to DRG but just had a couple questions.

Is the job in a good state right now? I noticed on Shiva there are few to no DRGs around which made me anxious about it's viability.

Can it perform well without the Aeonic weapon?

I know trusts have changed a lot, but does DRG still have good solo potential? How would it compare to BLU which seems to be the king of solo play right now?

Thanks!
By aigulfe 2018-11-22 16:35:58
Link | Citer | R

I guess it depends on what you're trying to solo. If we're talking apex or NMs and the like, DRG is pretty good. It's got some really powerful 4 step SCS it can do and the ability to gain TP fast enough to make use of them. Though having said that, the aeonic does open up even more powerful options. I'm capable of dropping apex bats with that 4 step more often than not and "tanking" them because August is a SC wrecker. Plus if Im getting hit, i'm gaining more tp. BLU on apex is just not even close to things like WAR, SAM, DRG or even COR now.

Plus you can get wyvern cures now regardless of sub and can easily drop 2K+ cures every minute as needed.
[+]
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-11-24 21:58:39
Link | Citer | R

No mele job has the diverse toolkit that BLU's do do be able to handle various situtions. That being said, a DRG solos very well with trusts. Angon is a huge in that situation, we have great solo skillchain options, and our ability to shed hate gives us the ability to keep hate on the trust tanks more than any other job. Your 50 second full heal will also get some use in semi difficult solo situations. One of my more enjoyable phases of the game I've had was soloing all of Reisen T1s. And you can youtube a few videos that are more impressive DRG solos than that.

No: an Aeonic weapon is not needed. Until the recent augments being added, a Rhon generally mathed out as the stronger 3k TP burn weapon, although it was so close with the Aeonic that it was generally assumed a few random skillchains landing would swing the parse towards Trish. But the new augments definitely favor the Trishula and also bring the Mythic back into the conversation. That being said, the Aeonic is the best overall weapon and should be your goal, but our other REMA options are also solid. Heck, if you are getting started grab the RuAnn T2 - it's opens up most of the game to you. But I killed and performed well against nearly everything in the game with an AG'd Gungnir. Remember the weapon matters, but so does everything else. Give all of your sets the TLC they need (in fact, I would REMA last as there is so much to get that is required to be good, none of which has the time investment of the weapon). And ensure you have a solid lua or ac xml. Both use your gearsets to far better impact than in game gear changes, and make your in game qol so much better.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2018-12-14 12:09:43
Link | Citer | R

Interesting story... Recently I've been trying to bring on a Renaissance for DRG in my linkshell/server.

The best way to show what DRG can do is by taking it to Dyna-D. Last week I did that for the first time - it was great all the way up until Wave 2 boss / Wave 3. There's a lot of ***that can just end your wyvern's life. This week I'm going back with a different approach.

1. Don't attack Volte Beast Masters first.
If you get charmed, bye bye wyvern. Easy way to gimp yourself.

2. I made a whole special set for Wave 2 boss and Volte mobs on Wave 3. (All these bosses AoE all stupid and wyvern's don't seem to benefit from barrier, AKA they get fkin wrecked)

ItemSet 363759
- Wyvern HP / Pet DT Offense
290 Wyvern HP
36% Wyvern DT (1.5% under cap)
27% Gear Haste (2% over cap)
62 STP (4-hit with haste cap and sam roll)
(Assumes STP Cape)
(You could drop the Pteroslaver Mail +3 for Dagon Breastplate, I left it because it has a huge amount of attack and the jump additional effect will help with total damage) (You could also drop the pet DT legs for the Wyvern HP +27% legs, I have those in my Idle set for pre-fight Steady Wing, I just wanted to STP+10 on the legs during combat)

Using this as your active TP set actually gives you super buff Steady Wing's and prevents you from have to wait a tick to jump for additional effect. This actually helps push your Physical Damage Limit traits to the max as well because attack cap is higher in wave 3. From basic testing on 150+ mobs (WoC, etc) this set is nasty and comes very close to a typical full DD TP set.

DISCLAIMER: I only use this set as a toggle when the mob reaches 50% since that's when he goes nuts. I also toggle this on/off depending on the mobs in a Volte pack

3. Switch back to full DD on Disjoined boss, rotate in High Jump with Vishap Brais +3 once every 4 Soul Jumps. Soul Jump is higher DPS, High Jump will dump your enmity (even more so with the AF +3 legs), that means 10m into the fight when your WARs are at hate cap and getting ***, you're just chillin and stacking on the millions of damage.

Random: I made a Hybrid DT / Full Wyvern HP idle set for pre-fight Steady Wing. I also used this as my hybrid DT set during battle. That's why flamma head instead of sulevia.
ItemSet 363755

We did it boys. DRG is top tier in end game content.

I'll post our parses / video from Windurst Saturday night to show how well this stuff works. Been tested on Ou (Notorious wyvern killer), and the Windy wave 2 boss on Tuesday.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-12-14 14:04:11
Link | Citer | R

If you are finding value in this wyvern DT, then awesome. I love when people make gear sets to solve in-game problems. But I have done a lot of Dynamis on DRG and with a few exceptions, the only time Lady dies is when I do. This is just worth normal Spirit Link and Steady Wing Maintenance. I try and have a Steady Wing up vs BLU, WAR, and DRG. I use a 25% DT Hybrid set for the entire runs just to make myself more sturdy but that is it.

W3 boss Odin is brutal on her though so I need to make sure I always go into it with Call Wyvern on CD, and there is still some risk of doing the latter part of the fight without her up.

DRG is totally viable for Dynamis, but I am not sure I would go throwing top tier around. A lot of Dynamis run DPS just comes from playing well and being active and fast to engage things moreso than the job you are dpsing in. And when I just look at a final boss parse, our Augmented DP Rostram CORs are noticeably ahead of me. Recent pdif changes may close that gap a little but not all of it. I do seem to outperform them all on fetters but I am not sure that actually matters. But I also think a few of the Wave 2 bosses are not particularly mele friendly the last half of their HP. It can be done with proper buffs I know, but really its just easier to ranged them.
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 110 111 112