Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 110 111 112
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-25 16:53:23
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Sidra said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
We're talking about two slightly different things here when we have the jump dps talk.

The Spreadsheet DPS gain from Jumps that Martel posted 'only' shows the slight increase in DPS from using said jumps. Simulator doesn't account for the potential skillchain you were able to pull off due to that jump getting you to 1k+ tp, and continuing the skillchain.

So while Jumps is a dps increase, alone by itself it isn't that noteworthy. The bigger contribution is to be able to continue the skillchain if you need to, further boosting your dps. In that case, Jumps add far more value than just the raw dps the spreadsheet shows.

So jumps are always going to be a dps gain and not a loss, on both accounts mentioned above.

I disagree with this some. Jumps don't help us skillchain more, we would skillchain endlessly without them. However, what they do is reduce that attacks per round needed to weaponskill while also providing direct damage. With a 5 hit build, and because of the additional Jump: DA rate on our Ambuscade cape adding to our already high DA rate to make it such a likely outcome, If you jump immediately after a weaponskill, you have TP to weaponskill again in what is actually less than a combat round while also doing the damage some sort of modded double attack critical hit attack.

For situations where you are skillchaining, it's about maximimzing overflow. Soul Jump (3x TP gain, so the TP of 6 attacks) with an attack round or two on your Stardiver to close Umbra, for instance, is massive.
Just FYI, but the Jump: DA on Brigantia's only works on Jump(maybe high jump?), not spirit/soul. so that doesn't really play into anything serious. Now the DA augment does work, but that's not jump specific in any case.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-25 17:02:41
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
i just needed all the information really for the gear to add
Really, in terms of gear that actually gets used there are relatively few pieces. Especially if we ignore jump/high jump.

For spirit/soul that leaves us with;

Peltast's Schynbalds+1 Spirit jump only, +70TP bonus(first hit only, value is modified by STP)

Ummm.. well, I was gonna add Peltast's Cuissots+1(spirit/soul, +15% attack), but well. nice damage and all, but it's not actually a DPS gain over something with STP/Multi-hit. The attack bonuses on attack that already have huge attack bonuses.. pretty pointless.

There's the pteroslaver+2/3 body.. but.. it's only just barely a DPS gain... (Jump spirit jump only. To be change to all jumps next update. Deals 75%/100% of wyverns max HP as visible additional effect dmg.)

But well, those opinions are based on spreadsheet results, so maybe we do need them in the sims. lol.
 Leviathan.Sidra
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-04-25 17:06:25
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Just FYI, but the Jump: DA on Brigantia's only works on Jump(maybe high jump?), not spirit/soul. so that doesn't really play into anything serious. Now the DA augment does work, but that's not jump specific in any case.

I don't think this is correct. The generic "Jump:" does work on Spirit and Soul Jump

Austar, food for thought. In a 3 minute Sim, there would be 3 Spirit Jumps and 2 Soul Jumps. Conservatively that is 3 extra weaponskills, more likely 4. Plus it's over 10k of direct damage. 3x 20k weaponskills - a conservative 70k. That's nearly 400 DPS a sim would be off. There may be minutae that reduce that some but it seems material.

I don't use any Jump Specific gears. My Jumps are like my X hit - enough STP to make sure if it DA's I am over 1k, and then as much OAT as possible to maximize the likelyhood of that happening. In a 5 hit build it is basically jumping in the same gears you TP in. In a 4 hit build, it's edited with reduced STP and increased OAT as if it was making a 5hit build.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-25 17:20:30
Link | Citer | R

I don't think this is correct. The generic "Jump:" does work on Spirit and Soul Jump
You're welcome to go retest, but when those capes first came out I went and did 30~40+ Spirit/soul jumps(30~40 of each) with no other multi attack gear on and the cape equipped and never got a DA proc. At +20% DA that should have been statistically impossible if it worked on spirit/soul.

Perhaps they changed it since? I very much doubt it, but I'd be delighted if they did.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-04-25 17:44:02
Link | Citer | R

I just tested...no Spirit Link in zone, and //gs disable rocking no gears with any OAT, including changing cape to a WSD one. It can proc on both Spirit and Soul Jump.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-25 18:12:16
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm. I'd like to re-test myself as well, but I'm not subbed atm.

Now my main question is, did they ninja this, or did I somehow mis-remember my own test results that badly? and how? Maybe I'm conflating those results with another test for something else? wtf brain.

I suppose that the question of whether it worked on spirit/soul never affected gearing choices, since ambuscade capes have been best in slot since release anyway... So I could kinda see forgetting if it did or not, but where then did I get this certainty that I'd tested it.. ugh.

/tableflip. Time to dig through old forum threads.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-04-25 18:17:34
Link | Citer | R

did you have your wyvern out?
 Asura.Umopepisdn
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Umopepisdn 2018-04-25 18:47:42
Link | Citer | R

i just went 27 spirit jumps in a row no DA, and stopped.

Edit naked except cape and ploearm, no wyvern
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-04-25 18:58:40
Link | Citer | R

How exactly do you use spirit jump with no wyvern?

In my test I did not spirit link...but I did kill 2 Apex bats...which is almost the same thing. ***. Will try again.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-04-25 18:59:59
Link | Citer | R

you don't need wyvern to use it, wyvern just enhances it
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-25 19:00:59
Link | Citer | R

How exactly do you use spirit jump with no wyvern?

In my test I did not spirit link...but I did kill 2 Apex bats...which is almost the same thing. ***.
You can spirit jump with no wyvern(unless your lua is auto changing spell for you cause no wyvern.) you just lose the bonus effects. But having no bonus effect does not invalidate the test.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-25 19:04:22
Link | Citer | R

Anyway, this post is mostly irrelevant with the addition of new data, but I typed it up so it gets posted anyway!

pre-new test research

And as I'm typing this, new data! \^^/
Asura.Umopepisdn said: »
i just went 27 spirit jumps in a row no DA, and stopped.

Edit naked except cape and ploearm, no wyvern
I don't suppose you parsed that in anyway? Not that I don't believe you, mind. I just have a deep fondness for hard data, and there's an existing test claim we need to outweigh.

I'm torn on this. I like being right, and being able to be confident in what I remember.... but I want that damn DA to work on that cape. <,<;

EDIT: In retrospect, apparently I really should have posted about that test I did. I never realized that it was commonly believed to work on all jumps. Even the DRG DPS sheet has it applying to Spirit/soul. <,<

On the bright side, with jump gear err, re-evaluations?, from the devs on the way, maybe they'll make it work on all now?
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-04-25 19:07:26
Link | Citer | R

My lua changes them to Jump and High Jump when used with no wyvern..its been forever, just had in my head the wyvern was required to use them. But you are correct.

Martel the test is invalidated because I killed at least 1 apex bat which gains xp, which levels the Wyvern up gives a 3% chance. And I killed 2.

Umopepisdn - did you use on mobs that were not killed with 1 hit?

I just tested it again, with no wyvern. It is still working.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-25 19:19:07
Link | Citer | R

when I said it didn't invalidate the test, I wasn't talking about your test. I meant that not having wyvern bonuses on spirit does not prevent using spirit jump to test the mantle from being a usable test. Pardon if I was unclear.

It is necessary to make sure the Player has no sources of multi hit so that the test can be a simple binary set rather than a test of proc rates.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-04-25 19:20:44
Link | Citer | R

On the bright side, with jump gear err, re-evaluations?, from the devs on the way, maybe they'll make it work on all now?
that's part of why i removed jumps from my sim, too much inconsistency on gear. i was going to get some of the pieces and do some testing myself one day, just never got around to it
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-25 19:22:34
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
that's part of why i removed jumps from my sim, too much inconsistency on gear. i was going to get some of the pieces and do some testing myself one day, just never got around to it
Well, here's to hoping SE takes the easy route... and just makes everything that says "Jump:" work on all jumps. Super simple, no? XD

I really wish I was subbed right no, I'd just retest in detail myself.

At this point we really need a test that lays it all out. Full test conditions listed, subjob, gear, wyvern presence, etc.

Then parsed or logged jump results posted. Something nice and definitive.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-04-25 19:25:43
Link | Citer | R

Do we even know the base damage calcs of Spirit Jump and Soul Jump before any gear?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-04-25 19:27:14
Link | Citer | R

same as a regular auto attack, pretty sure
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-04-25 19:29:19
Link | Citer | R

No, Spirit Jump in the very least is more for sure. It's modded in some way.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-04-25 19:33:52
Link | Citer | R

might have the vit bonus regular one does, or the attack bonus if you're not capped on attack
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-25 19:38:05
Link | Citer | R

No, it's not. The only jump with a native damage modifier is plain old Jump with its VIT mod.

Without a wyvern present, Spirit and Soul jump are effectively normal melee hits.

Seriously. look on the BG wiki pages for spirit/soul jump, then click on the reference links and look at all the damn testing and mathing. If there was a base dmg modifier, Byrth and I would have caught it during all that.

There's no way Byrth could have accurately calculated the atk bonus without having the right base dmg.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-29 18:09:03
Link | Citer | R

This may be a useful reference.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Here_Be_DRGs#WS_Sets

Has various tiers of WS sets.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-04-29 19:29:16
Link | Citer | R

This may be a useful reference.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Here_Be_DRGs#WS_Sets

Has various tiers of WS sets.

I need to grab another Valorous Mail for Stardiver. For now I've been using AF+3 Body Combined with a Regal Ring for an insane amount of Accuracy. The Base STR/DEX isn't bad. The store TP isn't too shabby either.

Quote:
STR+41 DEX+31 VIT+41 AGI+31 INT+31 MND+31 CHR+31 Accuracy+*72 (With Regal Ring) Attack+35 Evasion+61 Magic Evasion+73 "Magic Def. Bonus"+5 Haste+3% "Store TP"+8

If I'm fighting a dragon, Founder's Mail is very nice too.

As for Valor Legs in that top tier set, I haven't had any luck. Sulevia+2 legs are very good though. Basically you just upgrade them and you are done.

If you have your omen items squared away this set is pretty easy to get.

ItemSet 353468

Edit:

Cam. Torment/Gimpulse Drive
ItemSet 358636
I still need to make the hands.
My Valorous Mail has Acc/Attack+19 WSDMG+7 and PDT-7
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-04-29 19:46:26
Link | Citer | R

Given that it's nearly always used for step 2 and/or 4 in a Light/Radiance SC, Sulevia's +2 might be better than your Val mail for Camlann's.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-04-29 20:13:02
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
Given that it's nearly always used for step 2 and/or 4 in a Light/Radiance SC, Sulevia's +2 might be better than your Val mail for Camlann's.

Wouldn't WSDMG+7 and DA+2% do more damage overall on both Weaponskills and Skillchains compared to just Skillchain Damage+7?
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-04-29 20:16:42
Link | Citer | R

Well, it's also +12 STR, +12 VIT, -1 DEX, -3 STP.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-04-29 20:21:21
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
Well, it's also +12 STR, +12 VIT, -1 DEX, -3 STP.

Yeah that is true. I may have overlooked the Attributes on that.
 Asura.Lunafreya
Serveur: Asura
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-04-30 11:27:37
Link | Citer | R

Trying to figure out why my Camlann's damage is much higher than my Geirskogul damage. The skogul damage isn't "bad"....seeing 15-20k Cam's and 8-12k Geirs on Apex Bats (Qultada buffs only, 200 JP).

Any suggestions?

Camlann's:
ItemSet 358646

Val. Mitts: STR15 ACC21 WSD3
Val. Mask: STR9 ACC15 ATK12 WSD3
Emicho: Path A (STR/ATK)
Brig: STR/ACC/ATK/DBL ATK (need a WSD variant)

Geirskogul:
ItemSet 358647

Val. Mitts: same as above...need another pair to roll DEX/ACC/ATK/WSD on..this might be part of the issue.

Val. Mask: DEX12 ACC14 ATK15 WSD3

Brig: same as above...probably another huge part of the issue being that I am missing 30 dex.

Possible swaps I am considering are maybe Sulevia Body over Flamma, or maybe even Emicho but I am prioritzing DEX there. And maybe sulevia legs or augment valorous hose until brais +3.

I don't think the cape alone would make up for ~5-8k damage though. Not sure if my 2nd cape should be STR/ACC/ATK/WSD or the DEX version of that....or a DEX/ACC/ATK/STP? >.< 1 cape per month blows.
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 110 111 112