Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 112 113
By Taint 2024-05-28 14:40:54
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
K123 said: »
I've not seen a DRG doing 80k average savage blade. Any reason they would average higher than WAR? Pretty sure even with the best buffs you're gonna get 55-58k average in Sheol C

WS Dmg traits

Mostly. Conserve TP doesn't help with WS avg, but will help with frequency. DRG is a savage blade monster.

Also: mobs don't have over 65k HP (except Agon mobs) until the last floor, so I wouldn't say DRG doing 65k SB are getting 2 WS per mob. If you are, you should just wait for slightly higher TP until you are 1-shotting more reliably rather than WSing twice, which would be much slower.

But my parse! And I agree its closer to 55k in my experience, I was just using the above posters figures.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-28 14:44:32
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
DRG 65k Savage > mob drops to 10% > 65K Savage.
WAR 80k Savage > mob dead

Keep up bruv
Its not war vs drg

Its naeg drg/samorwar vs naeg/kc drg/dnc

I wasnt even keeping up and I caught on to the discussion pretty quick.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-28 14:48:16
Link | Citer | R

I'm just answering the question:

Any reason they would average higher than WAR?

For increasing SB damage, DRG has:
PDL trait
WSD trait

WAR has:
Lower PDL trait
Fencer

If you WS at a higher TP (to make up for Fencer), on paper DRG should do higher WSD, all other things being equal, because of their traits.

If your DRG are doing 55k and WAR are doing 80k, then there's probably a discrepancy with the gear (WSD or PDL being worn) or the TP they're at when they WS.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-28 14:50:25
Link | Citer | R

Oh ffs, people in a tizzy over the 65k and 80k
I threw made up numbers for the meme, its not that deep.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-28 15:34:30
Link | Citer | R

If you're using PDL effectively amd have enough tp, you can savage blade every mob in 1, except popped bosses, lamia, floor 4 beastmen, aquans, undead, and big birds. Trolls and mamoolja may or may not die in 1 even with max TP.

None of what I'm saying is accurate without BRD and COR SPs. Your subjob choice is unimportant compared to if you have supports.
[+]
By neonrage 2024-05-28 15:52:34
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the explanation. FWIW, i go DRG/WAR and 1-shot everything through floor 4 with proper BRD/COR buffs, avg WSD is 80k+. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing out on some new /DNC craze.
By K123 2024-05-28 16:19:57
Link | Citer | R

Video yourself doing ody c with parse running on screen showing ws.

In my experience both WAR and DRG average ws will be about the same, 55-58k over a run. L
By Dodik 2024-05-28 16:40:15
Link | Citer | R

What you don't do 80k bruh, that's weak.

Can one shot everything except nms angon mobs crabs birds vultures bats undead and anything else past floor 4 unless have SV, then it's 80k all day long bruh.
By Atrox78 2024-05-28 16:44:25
Link | Citer | R

Get a prime and never savage drg again....cept in sheol....and bumba....and some helms
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-28 19:13:30
Link | Citer | R

Video yourself doing ody c with parse running on screen showing ws.

In my experience both WAR and DRG average ws will be about the same, 55-58k over a run. L

Video yourself not being able to hit capped damage on DRG so we can make fun of you?
[+]
By K123 2024-05-29 00:24:56
Link | Citer | R

Not a DRG.
By Atrox78 2024-05-29 04:49:40
Link | Citer | R

Not a DRG.
There's your problem:-p
[+]
By K123 2024-05-29 08:38:57
Link | Citer | R

Well it was my first 75 job.

I'll never forget the one time I saw a BRD do a 90k savage blade in Sheol C and I still don't understand it to this day. It was before R30 gear and it must have been a quad hit proc
 Asura.Warmoose
Serveur: Asura
user: Hillclimb
By Asura.Warmoose 2024-05-29 15:59:35
Link | Citer | R

I'll never forget the one time I saw a BRD do a 90k savage blade in Sheol C and I still don't understand it to this day. It was before R30 gear and it must have been a quad hit proc

Some BRDs are just nasty in segs. I know of a couple that sometimes can surpass a good DDs dps. But they are the outliers
By Atrox78 2024-05-29 18:28:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Warmoose said: »

Some BRDs are just nasty in segs. I know of a couple that sometimes can surpass a good DDs dps. But they are the outliers

A bard can't surpass a good DD.
 Asura.Asalith
user: Smegpot
By Asura.Asalith 2024-05-29 22:44:00
Link | Citer | R

Atrox78 said: »

I have seen a few BRDs get 7m+ (highest I personally saw is 7.5m) in segs, which is better than most of your average pug DPS. Segs is a different ball game than most content, I know players who are amazing DPS for other content but aren't so good in seg farms, but then people whoo are good in segs fall on their face during V25s.

Also, BRD can hit crazy numbers during SV/11chaos as they have a lot of PDL at their disposal.
 Asura.Warmoose
user: Hillclimb
By Asura.Warmoose 2024-05-30 00:41:56
Link | Citer | R

Atrox78 said: »

I said good dd, not great dd. Good is a loose term for asura.

And come back to FFXI Asa. You know you want to if you're scowering the forums.
First Page 2 3 ... 112 113