Destiny!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Destiny!
Destiny!
First Page 2 ... 35 36 37
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-08 14:16:50
Link | Citer | R

Any of you yahoos going to be playing?

we can use this thread to hook up, BS, & such.

I will be on ps4 myself. who wants to shoot some shits?
[+]
 Valefor.Nectorus
Serveur: Valefor
user: Nectorus
By Valefor.Nectorus 2014-09-08 14:19:31
Link | Citer | R

Same here mosin
Same system same GT
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-08 14:26:39
Link | Citer | R

nice!

anyone know if this game goes by our gamertags or character name?

I was lazy & missed out on the beta.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-09-08 15:32:28
Link | Citer | R

I'll be playing on PS4, my tag is in the avatar box thing. I don't have a PS4 yet, picking up my Racially Pure Playstation 4 tomorrow. (Get it, white skin, blue eyes[Lightbar]?!)

Already got a bit of a fire-team lined up of my personal friends, but wouldn't mind expanding it for Raid content like the Vault of Glass.

Be forewarned, I blow at PVP stuff, though I still play it anyway.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-08 15:35:46
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Already got a bit of a fire-team lined up of my personal friends, but wouldn't mind expanding it for Raid content like the Vault of Glass.

kind of the same deal here, I've got 3-4 friends that will be playing with me, but wtf, might as well start networking for that other stuff now.

My tag's in the avi box as well, I'll try to add people later this weekend, I generally end up in a real ***-it-all mood after work.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-09 09:16:39
Link | Citer | R

I have to work all day, someone get a bottle of tequila & play this game for me until 5pm or so. thanks!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-09 09:20:06
Link | Citer | R

How big are the maps in Destiny? I heard it was kinda tiny in the Beta
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-09 09:22:21
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

I heard they were going to be pretty massive, but that's just second hand info from a friend, idk for sure, unfortunately.

should know more tomorrow.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-09-09 09:35:17
Link | Citer | R

I'm unsure how much resources I can devote to the game. I have plenty of Dark Soul 2 to play still plus a few other game I just never finished but still have in my library.

Does it really look worth it? I mean I enjoyed playing Halo co-op with a few friends of mine. I've heard that's the closest thing this will resemble.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-09 09:39:20
Link | Citer | R

Find myself wondering if I should even bother with this or just sit tight with FFXI/WoW grinding until Borderlands Pre-Sequel comes out.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Serveur: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-09-09 09:49:08
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
I have to work all day, someone get a bottle of tequila & play this game for me until 5pm or so. thanks!
My roommate has you covered.

I'll probably pick the game up for PS3 before the end of the week.

Spathaian for my PSN ID and it'll be my name in game as well.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-09 10:13:02
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Does it really look worth it?

I have no idea!

looks like it to me, but I've been fooled before.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-09 10:19:35
Link | Citer | R

that movie about moon nazi's is the most recent example I can think of....
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-09-09 13:27:39
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
I'm unsure how much resources I can devote to the game. I have plenty of Dark Soul 2 to play still plus a few other game I just never finished but still have in my library.

Does it really look worth it? I mean I enjoyed playing Halo co-op with a few friends of mine. I've heard that's the closest thing this will resemble.

Judging by the early reports, the PVP and Strike/Raids are all the best parts of HALO Co-Op/Multiplayer with the enticing progression of Loot from Borderlands.

But the Story Missions apparently blow, and when they say "Blow Compared to Halo" I must think they really suck, because I thought Halo had one of the worst and most contrived stories in gaming. Halo 1 was only good because it seemed somewhat self-aware of how ridiculous the whole "Space Marine" stuff was... Then Master Chief floated up his own *** in smug.

BETA had only I think 20% of Old Russia available, and 10% of the Moon available.

That leaves all of Venus and Mars unexplored, and the majority of Earth-Moon. The multiplayer maps are kind of small, but since the teams are 6v6 that's not altogether a bad thing, If anything, the largest map "Last Light" gets the most criticism.

Destiny's biggest problem is Hype and Expectation. People are expecting a 11/10 game here, and really It's only a low 8. But I think a low 8 with such hefty compulsory motivators like loot and character building is worth it.

What it innovates is all behind the scenes. On the surface the game just looks like a more seriously played Borderlands, the average player isn't going to have any real respect for the complicated networking done to enable the social atmosphere of the game, because the experience is somewhat parallel to what we've seen with MMOs, yet delivered in such a new way. I have a feeling the architecture behind Destiny's world will be one of the biggest draws at next years GDC though.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-09 14:02:11
Link | Citer | R

beats me!

going to buy & install now, so the *** is ready after work.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-09-09 14:07:10
Link | Citer | R

Gonna go with my Friends around 5PM and grab our Aryan PS4's then. Gamestop has a deal for $150 Trade-in too if you've got an Xbox360 with a 250GB HDD or better, going towards a PS4. I wouldn't normally trade-in, but my Xbox360's HDD is failing right now, so I'm going to let Gamestop deal with that little problem. Fortuntely I know how to make my HDD look like it's working, but the moment an XBUpdate is applied to it the Drive crashes, lol.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-09-09 14:22:06
Link | Citer | R

Loving the game so far, not feeling a grind yet but I'm positive it's to come.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-09 15:10:16
Link | Citer | R

Fortuntely I know how to make my HDD look like it's working, but the moment an XBUpdate is applied to it the Drive crashes, lol.

you hustling ***, lol.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-09 15:14:52
Link | Citer | R

Kalila said: »

what system are you on Kali? Is damion(sp?) playing?
 Asura.Truckie
Serveur: Asura
user: Washburn
By Asura.Truckie 2014-09-09 15:25:23
Link | Citer | R

PS4

NastyFireman

The only issue I have with the game thus far is that THE GRAVITY ON THE DAMN MOON IS THE SAME AS EARTH!!!!
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-09-09 15:51:18
Link | Citer | R

I had a feeling the MMO veterans would like it. It's taking quite a beating on Metacritic user score right now, but between Jelly PC gamers and Dudebros expecting Halobooms Shootgoods CoD Snipe GOGO Wutsgeer/Bilds?! I'm not surprised.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Serveur: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-09-09 15:52:04
Link | Citer | R

I will be there....... I will be named! Conagh! (duh) and I will own you all!

(The Gauntlet has been laid down)
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-09 16:03:30
Link | Citer | R

pew pew pew , you ***! pew pew pew
[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2014-09-09 16:35:06
Link | Citer | R

PSN: WindyCrack

PS4.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-09-09 18:48:21
Link | Citer | R

Gonna go with my Friends around 5PM and grab our Aryan PS4's then. Gamestop has a deal for $150 Trade-in too if you've got an Xbox360 with a 250GB HDD or better, going towards a PS4. I wouldn't normally trade-in, but my Xbox360's HDD is failing right now, so I'm going to let Gamestop deal with that little problem. Fortuntely I know how to make my HDD look like it's working, but the moment an XBUpdate is applied to it the Drive crashes, lol.

I'm tempted to do this also but not because HD is failing but cause I don't play 360 anymore.

I also am tempted by the racially pure white PS4.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-09-10 02:08:48
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
Kalila said: »

what system are you on Kali? Is damion(sp?) playing?
Dameion is, we're both on PS3
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-09-10 02:14:28
Link | Citer | R

PSN: Prothescar
VIP
By Kalila 2014-09-10 02:15:49
Link | Citer | R

I had a feeling the MMO veterans would like it. It's taking quite a beating on Metacritic user score right now, but between Jelly PC gamers and Dudebros expecting Halobooms Shootgoods CoD Snipe GOGO Wutsgeer/Bilds?! I'm not surprised.
I honestly don't see a real legitamite reason for the score. I would personally put it at 8 to 8.5 out of 10. There are issues surfacing after putting ~12 hours into the game so far. I have been in some major boss battles while being severely undergeared/underskilled for it, and I'll just hear a loop of "epic music" that runs on for about 30-60 sec.

I mean, I'm sure most music loops don't last very long, but it sounded like a broken record.

This was only a single boss battle, I can't say that for every one.

I'm currently a level 10 Warlock and I am having a great time. It's very easy to get into even if you aren't a FPS player like myself. I don't quite understand the gun complexity but as far as I can tell it is no where near as frustrating as Borderlands 2 gun mechanics / stats were for me. It is a little more simple and cleaned up, but still offers enough gun variety to make you think for a moment.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-09-10 02:20:37
Link | Citer | R

I've covered earth and moon so far, moon being the larger map of the two I think. The map is quite large, takes a few minutes to get from one side to the other, then you have the underground caves and tunnels to add on to, and the depth of the map is no joke either.

You spend a few hours in each map just doing the story missions.
[+]
By Artemicion 2014-09-10 03:27:54
Link | Citer | R

Looks like a fun game. But I'm going to be one of those poor unfortunate souls that sits on their hands, hoping and waiting for it to be released for PC.

By the time that happens, I'll probably look like this:

[+]
First Page 2 ... 35 36 37