Ebola Patient Coming To U.S.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Ebola Patient Coming to U.S.
Ebola Patient Coming to U.S.
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 42 43 44
By Jetackuu 2014-10-16 23:01:20
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
lol Jetackuu.
Keeping it real.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-10-16 23:03:31
Link | Citer | R

Oh ****

Nurse may have had symptoms of Ebola longer than first thought

Quote:
2 flights possibly at risk for Ebola

"We can't rule out (that Amber Vinson) might have had the start of her illness Friday," the day she flew to Ohio, a CDC official says
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-10-16 23:04:51
Link | Citer | R

hypocrite calling out peoples hypocrisy...

[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-16 23:11:10
Link | Citer | R

Oh you, the joke is that I'm not one, but lol.
By Altimaomega 2014-10-16 23:42:17
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
Oh you, the joke is that I'm not one, but lol.

Sure THAT'S the joke. Hahahaha
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-10-16 23:46:23
Link | Citer | R

In this 31 page's of craziness has anyone commented on how conspiracy theory this all happens to be.

1 guy dies in dallas. 1 nurse happens to catch it out of like 70 or w/e. She happens to fly somewhere.

Sounds like the start of every zombie movie EVER!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-17 00:04:28
Link | Citer | R

2 nurses caught it, and apparently both of them should probably be terminated.
By Altimaomega 2014-10-17 00:13:23
Link | Citer | R

Hard to tell when you're joking or not, you being a hypocrite and all.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-17 00:16:04
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Baconwrap
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-10-17 00:23:32
Link | Citer | R

By that same logic we should terminate the director of the CDC. He failed in every aspect of public health agency. His agency failed to properly educate the nurses(public health education). His agency failed to administrate the hospital(public health administration) accordingly once the dilemma began. He failed to contain the infection to Duncan(epidimiology).

I fail to see how an agency which is supposed to be a public health agency should NOT be held accountable when they failed at all three major aspects of public health in an "isolated incident."

Blaming the nurses is scapegoat tactic at best, which circumvents the real issue of a failed healthcare system and an "isolated incident" for the CDC.
By Altimaomega 2014-10-17 00:28:58
Link | Citer | R

Fail.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-17 00:31:14
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »

By that same logic we should terminate the director of the CDC. He failed in every aspect of public health agency. His agency failed to properly educate the nurses(public health education). His agency failed to administrate the hospital(public health administration) accordingly once the dilemma began. he failed to contain the infection to Duncan(epidimiology).

I fail to see how an agency which is supposed to be a public health agency should NOT be held accountable when they failed at all three major aspects of public health.

Blaming the nurses is scapegoat tactic at best, which circumvents the real issue of a failed healthcare system and an "isolated incident" for the CDC.

I disagree, on several counts.

They're not accountable for the disregard of duty of the healthcare at the nurse-patient level.

It's not a scapegoat at all, when they obviously failed at their job to conduct themselves in a safe manner.

The agency provided information, it wasn't their duty to administer the hospital, and they (again) cannot control what happens at the nurse-patient level.

I'll retract what I said a bit to clarify however as you seemed to miss the point I was making:

If the nurses were found to have been negligent in their duties and it turns out that they were responsible for getting infected (which by the accounts so far it seems that way) then yes, they should be terminated for failure to adhere to safety protocols.

The CDC doesn't go around wielding it's *** and taking over a healthcare system just when a rare virus breaks out, they gave out information and aided but they let the system do it's thing, you know: small government.

There was no justification or need for them to do so either, either medically or legally.

The "incident" happened at the nurse-patient level, not at the CDC level, lol...
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-10-17 00:31:34
Link | Citer | R

By that same logic we should terminate the director of the CDC. He failed in every aspect of public health agency. His agency failed to properly educate the nurses(public health education). His agency failed to administrate the hospital(public health administration) accordingly once the dilemma began. He failed to contain the infection to Duncan(epidimiology).

I fail to see how an agency which is supposed to be a public health agency should NOT be held accountable when they failed at all three major aspects of public health in an "isolated incident."

inb4 someone trolls this logical thought process.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-17 00:32:31
Link | Citer | R

get to use this twice in one page.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-10-17 00:33:41
Link | Citer | R

If the nurses were found to have been negligent in their duties and it turns out that they were responsible for getting infected (which by the accounts so far it seems that way) then yes, they should be terminated for failure to adhere to safety protocols.

So the nurses are at fault because the hospital refused to provide proper protocols?

Private hospital system as Burger mentioned. They aren't held to the same accountability as public healthcare systems when following CDC guidelines. So do we blame the employee? the employer? or lack of federal regulation? Seems a bit unfair to blame the employee when they may/may not have been provided proper resources to prevent infection.
By Altimaomega 2014-10-17 00:33:44
Link | Citer | R

By that same logic we should terminate the director of the CDC. He failed in every aspect of public health agency. His agency failed to properly educate the nurses(public health education). His agency failed to administrate the hospital(public health administration) accordingly once the dilemma began. he failed to contain the infection to Duncan(epidimiology).

I fail to see how an agency which is supposed to be a public health agency should NOT be held accountable when they failed at all three major aspects of public health.

I disagree, on several counts.

They're not accountable for the disregard of duty of the healthcare at the nurse-patient level.

It's not a scapegoat at all, when they obviously failed at their job to conduct themselves in a safe manner.

The agency provided information, it wasn't their duty to administer the hospital, and they (again) cannot control what happens at the nurse-patient level.

I'll retract what I said a bit to clarify however as you seemed to miss the point I was making:

The CDC doesn't go around wielding it's *** and taking over a healthcare system just when a rare virus breaks out, they gave out information and aided but they let the system do it's thing, you know: small government.

There was no justification or need for them to do so either, either medically or legally.

The "incident" happened at the nurse-patient level, not at the CDC level, lol...

inb4 someone trolls this logical thought process.

Too late..
By Jetackuu 2014-10-17 00:34:29
Link | Citer | R

By Altimaomega 2014-10-17 00:36:48
Link | Citer | R

Your link is broken ffs.

Edit: Congratulations! It only took 3 fails to post a picture.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-17 00:36:53
Link | Citer | R

So the nurses are at fault because the hospital refused to provide proper protocols?

Private hospital system as Burger mentioned. They aren't held to the same accountability as public healthcare systems when following CDC guidelines. So do we blame the employee? the employer? or lack of federal regulation? Seems a bit unfair to blame the employee when they may/may not have been provided proper resources to prevent infection.

Ok, let's assume for a moment that the hospital doesn't provide the standard sanitation protocols that are used just about everywhere: then yes, the hospital would be at fault, which is a potential scenario, however rather unlikely.

The more than likely scenario is: the person *** up, as they are human and it does happen, however in this case it may have very well cost them their life.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-17 00:39:53
Link | Citer | R

Was working fine for me, apparently the site I grabbed it from didn't like hotlinking, replaced it with a suitable albeit not the same replacement.
By Altimaomega 2014-10-17 00:42:12
Link | Citer | R

Was working fine for me, apparently the site I grabbed it from didn't like hotlinking, replaced it with a suitable albeit not the same replacement.

Don't worry we all know you're not working with a full deck.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-10-17 00:45:54
Link | Citer | R

Ok, let's assume for a moment that the hospital doesn't provide the standard sanitation protocols that are used just about everywhere: then yes, the hospital would be at fault, which is a potential scenario, however rather unlikely.

Nurses Blast Hospitals Over Ebola Safety

Quote:
“Our nurses are not protected, they’re not prepared to handle Ebola or any other pandemics,” DeMoro said. “The protocols that should have been in place in Dallas were not in place and are not in place anywhere in the United States, as far as we can tell.”

Quote:
Deborah Burger, co-director of the nurses union, read an account of hospital conditions she said had been given from nurses at Texas Health Presbyterian. The statement painted a portrait of carelessness, with nurses who interacted with Duncan wearing flimsy gowns and protective gear that left parts of their bodies exposed.

Seems to me the fault of the hospital and a failed healthcare system, not a negligent nurse. How are nurses supposed to provide effective infectious disease care when they aren't provided proper protocols and equipment?
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-10-17 00:55:55
Link | Citer | R

In before nurses protests/strikes in Texas. You don't piss off the largest group of healthcare professionals in the country and not expect a fight.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-17 01:01:00
Link | Citer | R

Yes, I know you keep posting those HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE sentiments from emotionally charged people, I ignore them like Nausi's ranting.

They're equipped to handle it, they have the equipment and basic infectious disease training covers far worse than Ebola...

Leaders of unions aren't really the experts when it comes to what is "adequate" nor was training not offered, it was up to the hospitals to give it, and if that's the case the blame lands on the hospital, but still basic ID training covers this ***, it's not that hard.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-10-17 01:04:34
Link | Citer | R

Yes, I know you keep posting those HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE sentiments from emotionally charged people, I ignore them like Nausi's ranting.

They're equipped to handle it, they have the equipment and basic infectious disease training covers far worse than Ebola...

Leaders of unions aren't really the experts when it comes to what is "adequate" nor was training not offered, it was up to the hospitals to give it, and if that's the case the blame lands on the hospital, but still basic ID training covers this ***, it's not that hard.

[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-10-17 01:08:01
Link | Citer | R

let's be real though, who would honestly be upset if ebola went rampant , evolved , produced zombies, and everyones dream came true?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-17 01:13:06
Link | Citer | R

Got a chuckle out of that, but for serious: this isn't easy to contract, you have to do something rather negligent or get bodily fluids in your mouth/eyes/cuts/etc to get it, so unless they were getting sprayed in the face they didn't do a very good job. You don't need a full hazmat suit to properly contain this virus, despite popular belief.

It certainly wouldn't hurt though, but you know: budget :P
By Jetackuu 2014-10-17 01:13:20
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »
let's be real though, who would honestly be upset if ebola went rampant , evolved , produced zombies, and everyones dream came true?

fat people, for the 37.6 seconds they have before they're caught.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-10-17 01:14:55
Link | Citer | R

Got a chuckle out of that, but for serious: this isn't easy to contract, you have to do something rather negligent or get bodily fluids in your mouth/eyes/cuts/etc to get it, so unless they were getting sprayed in the face they didn't do a very good job. You don't need a full hazmat suit to properly contain this virus, despite popular belief.

Makes me wonder if those nurses were the nurses we've all dreamed about our entire lives. They probably did dirty immoral unforgivable things to that patient and didn't wash their damn hands!
By Jetackuu 2014-10-17 01:16:04
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »

Makes me wonder if those nurses were the nurses we've all dreamed about our entire lives. They probably did dirty immoral unforgivable things to that patient and didn't wash their damn hands!

Hey Bacon, do you ever have male nurse fetishes?
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 42 43 44