Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Mythic 4 DRG
Mythic 4 DRG
First Page 2
By WhiteLighter 2014-07-19 18:57:40
Link | Citer | R

Now my question is. Is drg mythic really worth getting. I mean can it par up with MNK WAR SAM DRK mythic s. I mean i like the job but idn if i want to spend a long long time farming something that isnt' worth it. Any Advise on this. I am a mythic mnk and it was worth it. Just looking to grow and do another job.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-19 19:08:00
Link | Citer | R

Koga then whatever.
 Phoenix.Gerrott
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2014-07-19 19:10:12
Link | Citer | R

Drastically increases Dragoon's DPS, but it is Dragoon. Other jobs have a higher starting ground and smaller gain from Mythic, but will likely outperform. (Koga is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE good obviously)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-07-19 19:23:45
Link | Citer | R

main job >>>> flavor of the month job

Upgrade a wep for your fav job
[+]
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-07-19 19:27:02
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
main job >>>> flavor of the month job Upgrade a wep for your fav job

This, if you're willing to put forth the effort and love the job just do it.
By WhiteLighter 2014-07-19 19:43:28
Link | Citer | R

its not about loving the job its about it being used. Why spend that amount of time when you can have something else that will be used. I know koga has more utility to it nothing will compare to it. Great axe and scythe is meh. They are good but wouldn't drg mythic be right up there in dps
 Asura.Heeroyuy
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Heeroyuy 2014-07-19 19:44:39
Link | Citer | R

What was worth it? You won rank 1 to get Glanz, so obviously you don't have any clue what the effort of farming one is actually worth. DRG mythic is hands down the best weapon drg can use, but wasting 6 mos farming it, might as well leave drg as nich job and make a koga.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-19 19:47:44
Link | Citer | R

Koga isnt utility.

Its having the seat in top of food chain.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-07-19 20:01:06
Link | Citer | R

As stated, it is the best weapon for DRG, but you are still considered a DRG. SAM, MNK, and WAR will still be considered to be better melee, even if parses prove otherwise. And if a mob is weak to piercing, then those slots will undoubtedly go to one of the many bandwagon RNGs who spent 1/3rd the amount on their relic gun or bow, and that should be out of range for and AoE attacks, thus not considered MP sponges.

All that said, I believe relics should be made general for not only the benefit of yourself, but also to aid your linkshell. Mythics however, are more of an epic, personal accomplishment and players should make one based on what they like to do or their favorite job.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Minivict
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Minivict 2014-07-19 20:03:32
Link | Citer | R

Mythics are like drugs. Gotta catch em all
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2014-07-19 21:08:13
Link | Citer | R

Just my opinion as I'm 18k alex deep into my Ryunohige, but mythic polearm boosts drg more than other jobs get going from regular weapons to their mythics. A big part of that is that the relic and emp weapons for drg are so mediocre. Apocalypse still has a seat at the table for DRKs, ukkos is great for war DD, and bravura for war survivability. Sam can't go wrong with their weapons. Mnk gets lots of utility out of shparai and great damage out of verethranga.

Mythic to mythic, sam has gotten lots of love recently on ws update. Koga probably comes out on top. I do however stand by the fact that amano sam vs koga sam is a much smaller gap than gungnir vs ryunohige.

Ultimately tigerwoods said it best, pick the mythic for the job you love playing most, for your main.
 Odin.Skeero
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2014-07-19 21:35:19
Link | Citer | R

Ive had Ryuno for over a year and its a pretty amazing weapon, bad thing is, only drg can use it. I love drg which is why i made it, and it did very well until this recent ws update. Since drakes got no kind of boost, drg has fallen to far behind. So in this current state of the game, id say no, its not worth it. It will shine if they reforge abyssea at some point though.
 Siren.Dokuu
Serveur: Siren
user: Dokuu1234
By Siren.Dokuu 2014-07-19 21:44:11
Link | Citer | R

Never regretted making ryu and never will. Aftermath is a joke to keep up and the bursts of tp never get old. If you are not serious about drg though I do not recommend it though since as others have stated pick what you like and stick to it.
[+]
 Siren.Dokuu
By Siren.Dokuu 2014-07-19 21:48:01
Link | Citer | R

But as Skeero said, the fact that drakes did not get a boost is a shame... Especially since the WS already has a 16%? attack penalty to begin with.

Edit: ~18.75% according to BG
 Odin.Skeero
By Odin.Skeero 2014-07-19 22:10:10
Link | Citer | R

Yea ill never regret making it. Its still my baby, but its in time out atm
 Siren.Dokuu
By Siren.Dokuu 2014-07-19 22:31:30
Link | Citer | R

That's why you force yourself onto drg :). Ally asks for whm.. you show up ryu!
 Odin.Skeero
By Odin.Skeero 2014-07-19 22:48:43
Link | Citer | R

I still get to drg for ceizak, but only out of pity. Because my yoichi sam does wayyyy better on bee. But if i come drg, my ls leaders namas's look prettier due to angon, so it makes him happy.
By Sieha1 2014-07-20 02:34:45
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Dokuu said: »
That's why you force yourself onto drg :). Ally asks for whm.. you show up ryu!

that sounds like a great plan. I am sure that if you asked someone to come whm and they showed up on pup that you wouldnt be very happy...
 Siren.Dokuu
By Siren.Dokuu 2014-07-20 13:53:19
Link | Citer | R

Clearly was a joke.
By WhiteLighter 2014-07-20 20:55:55
Link | Citer | R

lol i agree. I mean i am already a mythic mnk so what would be the point in me making koga sam when i got a power dd already. Just want something fun to play with.. DRG mite not be a power DD right know but it helps the Fight go quicker with angon. And i would still think Drakesbane should do some pretty nice damage in a full buffed.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-20 21:02:48
Link | Citer | R

If you have doubts of doing something, just dont do it.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-07-20 22:08:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Heeroyuy said: »
What was worth it? You won rank 1 to get Glanz, so obviously you don't have any clue what the effort of farming one is actually worth. DRG mythic is hands down the best weapon drg can use, but wasting 6 mos farming it, might as well leave drg as nich job and make a koga.
Are you referring to me? I didn't win bonanza, but am the only person from your post up that has a Glanzfaust (at least listed on xi ah)

Cerberus.Logical
Serveur: Cerberus
user: cronix
By Cerberus.Logical 2014-07-20 22:17:18
Link | Citer | R

Post-WS adjustment patch, I was pretty bummed out at the lack of Drakesbane improvements. That said, Ryuno has and still does radically transform DRG from a very niche, borderline non-competitive DD into a somewhat respectable one (less so though, relatively speaking, after the recent WS patch...). As the current DPS hierarchy stands, you're not going to out parse a few other prodigal-son jobs, particularly Koga SAM. But as was stated before, the inherent mechanics of DRG are fun to play around with, and it can pull it's weight in most circumstances. If you enjoy playing Upu DRG, chances are you'll find fulfillment in Ryuno DRG too.
 Shiva.Gib
Serveur: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-07-20 22:34:01
Link | Citer | R

yep, I always laugh when people (most people butt hurt they can't get 1 mythic) rag on my Kenkonken and Nirvana
By Davorin 2014-07-20 22:34:09
Link | Citer | R

Are you referring to me? I didn't win bonanza, but am the only person from your post up that has a Glanzfaust (at least listed on xi ah)

He's referring to OP.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-07-20 22:44:24
Link | Citer | R

Davorin said: »

He's referring to OP.
ah, fair enough didn't read the whole thing; just clicked on profiles to see who had what mythics lol
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-07-20 23:10:36
Link | Citer | R

This, very much so.

Coming from someone who made a Vajra because thf is/was my favorite job, and it later became quite easily the best weapon for thf.. you never know what changes the game is gonna throw your way. Flavor of the month OP stuff might get nerfed, underpowered stuff might get buffed.

That being said, if you're the type of person who just wants to go for utility/damage then level sam/make a Koga.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-20 23:41:00
Link | Citer | R

Mythic used to be a pain in the *** when alex cost 600m and need 2 more char to enter assault and salvage. Now it's piss easy.
First Page 2